Team-BHP - The "I Booked my Car" Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   What Car? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/)
-   -   The "I Booked my Car" Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/89063-i-booked-my-car-thread-95.html)

^^^ Following are few suggestions. Each of them cost around 1K mark.

-Better Horn (incase you dont like the stock horn)
-Jopasu Kit
-Leather cover for steering and gear knob
-Formula1 Wax Polish, Scratch remover, etc...
-Car Cover
-Neck rests / Cushions
-Door Visors
-Door Sill protection plates with back illumination (My favorite)

Thank you Ajay, for the suggestions. My answers are in bold.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajay_satpute (Post 2330504)
^^^ Following are few suggestions. Each of them cost around 1K mark.

-Better Horn (incase you dont like the stock horn) - Plant to go for Stebel nautilus brio - not available with dealer.
-Jopasu Kit - not available with dealer
-Leather cover for steering and gear knob - want to get done outside - seat covers+steering grip+gear boot
-Formula1 Wax Polish, Scratch remover, etc... - a date with ultimate detalierz is on cards
-Car Cover - not much use
-Neck rests / Cushions - good choice
-Door Visors - already getting them free
-Door Sill protection plates with back illumination (My favorite) - best among the lot.

I will ask for Door sills plus Cushions. Let me see what they agree for.

Make : Ford
Model : Fiesta Classic
Variant : 1.6 LXI
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : 27th April, 2011
Color : Morello
Expected Delivery Date : May 27th, 2011
Dealer & City : Planet Ford, Bibwewadi, Pune
Freebies : Mud flaps, Floor & boot mat
Others : Corporate Discount 9K

I have a doubt about the ex-showroom & on-road prices within the Ford dealer network.
a) Planet Ford:
Ex showroom price: 5,66,786
On-road price: 6,39,258

b) Talera Ford:
Ex showroom price: 5,67,150
On-road price: 6,39,737

I just got off the phone with the Ford Customer Care chaps & they did not have an answer for me. Someone is to get back with clarification. My point is, a product should be priced the same universally, let alone getting two different quotes from the same city, even if it's 364rs.

Hi All,

Glad to announce that I booked my Fiat Grande Punto Emotion 1.3 MJD exotic red from Concorde motors on 28/04/2011. Car to be delivred by 12th may. Such a long time guys, cant wait to lay mey hands on the red italian beauty.:thumbs up

Still waiting for the delivery of i20 ASTA. Had booked it on the 15th. THey said it will take around 15 days and today is the 15th day. :( Cannot wait any more.

Make : Maruti
Model : Ritz
Variant : VDi
Fuel : Diesel
Booking Date : 30/4/2011
Color : Glistening Grey
Expected Delivery Date : 25 days
Dealer & City :SK Automotive, Navi Mumbai
Freebies : Teflon coating, body undercoating, anti rust, floor mats, mud flaps, steering cover
Others : 18000 cash discount.

Tested the Punto, Figo and the Ritz.

Punto: Brilliant suspension that totally eats up potholes and other road deformities, decent power, excellent high speed poise, AC was very good. But ergonomics were the worst of all the cars tested. I just could not get the right pedal position though steering position was not an issue. 5.4L after all discounts for the active version. I am still not convinced that that Fiat is here to stay and the bad resale value only adds to the lower points in myover all ratings. Lots of niggling problems reported on the forum was another factor.

Figo: I still maintain that its design is still beyond the sell by date. Looks too dated from the rear 3 quarters. Front is very good though. Space is very good but being an ex Ikon owner I could easily see that Ford has really done a huge amount of cost cutting everywhere. The suspension setup did not give the confidence that it will last too long just like my Spark. But it was easily the best car to drive of the 3 cars I test drove. The view at the front was brilliant. No odd angles and protrusions like the Punto. Best steering of the 3 and I just fell in love with the all too familiar driving a Ford feeling. But looks and not so good resale value and just a not so solid feel made me dump it. Ac was decent and the suspension setup felt too tinny.

Ritz: This was not on my list initially but then all the talk of the legendary Maruti service and too good to believe resale of all Maruti vehicles made me test drive it. I loved the interiors of the car. Seats were very good. The turbo pull beyond 2k rpm was a blast. Easily felt quicker to 100 than both the Punto and the Figo. The ride was excellent till about 100 and the potholes and rubble roads were dismissed without too much fuss. AC was very effective and thats it I was sold. Felt a lot solid than the Figo and the suspension set up though not as robust as the Punto's was nearly as good. By no means an attractive car but as my wife keeps saying has "an international modern touch" to it. After being fed up of GMs lack of fault finding skills I thought why not try Maruti this time around, so today went and booked a glistening grey Ritz VDi.

Congrats Sparkled ! so whats the OTR of Ritz in Mumbai.

Quote:

Originally Posted by inder (Post 2333785)
Congrats Sparkled ! so whats the OTR of Ritz in Mumbai.

Its 5.65L odd in Navi Mumbai i.e. MH43 passing. This is after 3k corporate discount and 15k Maruti discount. I did not exchange my Ikon with them or else could have got 12k more as exchange discount. Freebies offered are the usual teflon coating, under body treatment, mats, flaps and steering cover.

Booked ANHV 1.6 Base diesel. Hopefully shall get it after launch around 20th May. Exact rates for the city not out yet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by w8763 (Post 2335088)
Booked ANHV 1.6 Base diesel. Hopefully shall get it after launch around 20th May. Exact rates for the city not out yet.

Awesome! First ANHV on Team BHP I guess. Please do keep us posted with all the details that you can get.

Quote:

Originally Posted by w8763 (Post 2335088)

Congrats on your booking. Post the pricing when available(preferably all variants) since is where would be the success to this segment.

Cheers!

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPARKled (Post 2333804)
Its 5.65L odd in Navi Mumbai i.e. MH43 passing. This is after 3k corporate discount and 15k Maruti discount. I did not exchange my Ikon with them or else could have got 12k more as exchange discount. Freebies offered are the usual teflon coating, under body treatment, mats, flaps and steering cover.

Just got a call from the dealer that MSIL has reduced the discount by 7k
:Frustrati
So the price will now increase by 7k as the dealers will have to reduce the discount as the final discount is on the Maruti Invoice amount. Is this fine? I thought that I am still eligible for the original discount as i booked my car in April when the discount was much larger. Can the dealer/Maruti do this?

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPARKled (Post 2335771)
So the price will now increase by 7k as the dealers will have to reduce the discount as the final discount is on the Maruti Invoice amount. Is this fine? I thought that I am still eligible for the original discount as i booked my car in April when the discount was much larger. Can the dealer/Maruti do this?

Was the initial discount given to you in writing? Is there any quotation which mentions the break up?

If not then, it must have been all verbal and then dealer can do anything. Usually all these prices/discounts are subject to change and pertain to the date of final bill.

Its unfortunate that you have to shell out 7k more, but I guess dealer can do this and they do it every now and then.

I have been on the other side. When I had booked my Vista, I was promised a discount of 14k, but when made my final payment, I got 18k discount.

Got delivery of my i20 Asta - Berry Red yesterday :)
It was a nice experience overall from start till delivery of the car.

-Ravi

Quote:

Originally Posted by ravib (Post 2336134)
Got delivery of my i20 Asta - Berry Red yesterday :)
It was a nice experience overall from start till delivery of the car.

-Ravi

Congrats on the delivery of the new car. I am waiting for the delivery of my i20 by end of third week of may (silver CRDi Asta with bluetooth). :)

The prices have gone up already and now the showroom price has increased by around 10000/- since I booked my car.

Can you confirm the spare wheel is a steel one? please: