Team-BHP - The "I Booked my Car" Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   What Car? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/)
-   -   The "I Booked my Car" Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/89063-i-booked-my-car-thread-97.html)

Make : Skoda
Model : Fabia
Variant : 1.6-Elegance
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : May 18th, 2011
Color : Cappuccino Beige
Expected Delivery Date : May 28th, 2011
Dealer & City : Europa Auto, Pune
Freebies : None
Others : 50% off on first year comprehensive insurance
Price:
Ex-showroom: 6,13,776
Skoda shield: 17,997
Handling charges: 4,000
OTR: 6,84,737

Cancelled my booking on the Ford Fiesta Classic & finally booked the Fabia. Dealer experience has been pleasant, till now. Checked out the car in their stockyard last Saturday. The 4pot engine is a gem, honestly, after I fired the engine, I could not feel a single vibration neither any noise. I had to check the RPM meter to confirm the engine was on.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mb_jg (Post 2366646)
Booking Date : May 18th, 2011
Color : Cappuccino Beige
Expected Delivery Date : May 28th, 2011
Dealer & City : Europa Auto, Pune
Others : 50% off on first year comprehensive insurance
Price:
Ex-showroom: 6,13,776
Skoda shield: 17,997
Handling charges: 4,000
OTR: 6,84,737

Thats a great choice!clap: Fabia 1.6 is one heck of a car. Do join us in the next Pune Team BHP meet with the 1.6.

BTW, does this car have rear defogger? I was going through the website and did not find this particular feature mentioned. Could you please confirm this?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajay_satpute (Post 2366733)
Thats a great choice!clap: Fabia 1.6 is one heck of a car. Do join us in the next Pune Team BHP meet with the 1.6.

BTW, does this car have rear defogger? I was going through the website and did not find this particular feature mentioned. Could you please confirm this?

Will surely meet up on the next meet! The Fabia met my requirements of having sensible car for the family with a great 1.6 engine, which btw is detuned for better mileage.
Skoda has eliminated the rear defogger & rear wiper from it's current Fabia models in an effort to reduce the cost of the vehicle. Also missing are the electrical OVRM's which I would've preferred.
I never had to use the defogger on my Palio in it's 5yrs of usage. However, I think they should've atleast retained the rear wiper.
Overall, I am pretty happy with the equipment levels for 6.80lakhs, dual airbags, ABS, alloy wheels, 185 tire patch, height adjust drivers seat & adjustable steering column.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mb_jg (Post 2366646)
The 4pot engine is a gem, honestly, after I fired the engine, I could not feel a single vibration neither any noise. I had to check the RPM meter to confirm the engine was on.

Congratulations mb_jg. Cappuccino Beige is a great color that stands out from the rest. I was told there is a longer waiting for this color. When is the delivery?.

You may like to have the auto-lock feature tuned on at the time of PDI. This feature, enabling auto locking of all doors once car reaches speed of 20 kmph, is normally disabled on delivery; I find it quite convenient to have it enabled.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajcs (Post 2366813)
Congratulations mb_jg. Cappuccino Beige is a great color that stands out from the rest. I was told there is a longer waiting for this color. When is the delivery?.

You may like to have the auto-lock feature tuned on at the time of PDI. This feature, enabling auto locking of all doors once car reaches speed of 20 kmph, is normally disabled on delivery; I find it quite convenient to have it enabled.

Yep, the C.Beige has a longggg waiting period. Although, I was lucky that Europa Auto had 1 in stock, probably a cancelled booking. I checked the car, it has covered only 5kms. Getting delivery this Sat, hopefully.
During my inspection I noticed some things like the remote locking, boot light etc etc were disabled. The SA did confirm that all these features will be enabled during their PDI inspection. I will surely remember to ask them to enable the auto lock feature.

2nd May
Quote:

Originally Posted by w8763 (Post 2335088)
Booked ANHV 1.6 Base diesel. Hopefully shall get it after launch around 20th May. Exact rates for the city not out yet.

The car is finally at the dealership. Taking delivery tomorrow 1.6 base diesel silver. Any suggestions fellow bhpians? please: Have paid full amount because the dealer wanted, hence chance of getting freebies are less as the car is not available off the shelf.

Make : Volkswagen
Model : Vento
Variant : 1.6-TDI High Line
Fuel : Diesel
Booking Date : May 27th, 2011
Color : Black/White (Whichever arrives first)
Expected Delivery Date : September/October
Dealer & City : VW Downtown, Bangalore
Others : Corporate Discount 16K, Competitive Insurance with vendors
Price:
OTR: 11,28,333
Discount:
Corporate Discount 16000
Insurance : 10 to 14K
Standard Accessories :3500 (Hate to opt. for floor mats & mud flaps as they look very odd)

TD all the diesel vehicles in that range: LINEA, SX4, ANHV, VENTO and not to mention SCORPIO(different league). Felt VENTO was perfect, though had to compromise on few features.
This is my 30th B.day gift presented by my Family. 27th May being auspicious, had paid an advance of 1Lakh though the booking amount was only 75K. Expected delivery on Sep./Oct. Heard that Black might come little early than White and as per their info. they are now clearing White TDI-HL bookings which were done in FEB.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ramsagar (Post 2370783)
Make : Volkswagen
Model : Vento

Congratulations and a great choice, IMO, it is worth the 4 month wait for the TDI.

Cheers!

Make : Honda
Model : City
Variant : E - MT
Booking Date : May 29th, 2011
Color : Silver
Expected Delivery Date : June 6th, 2011
Dealer & City : Ring Road Honda, Peeragarhi, New Delhi
Freebies : Usual Mats, Idol etc.
OTR Price: 8,36,000(includes a decent discount)
Freebies: Integrated Stereo, Reverse Sensors, Body Colored Door handles and mirror, One additional Speaker
Insurance : Re 1

Deciding for ANHC was a spur of the moment decision although decision making process was more than a month long. Had test driven a lot of cars starting from Figo, Punto, Fabia, Fiesta, Aveo, SX4, Linea, City, Verito and several others. Out of all these, Fiesta looked extremely VFM to me and I had gone ahead and booked it also. However, my wife was not convinced about it and eventually canceled the booking. Around that time met someone from Honda and he told me that some tempting deals are offered by Ring Road Honda. Drove 50 kms to reach the dealership, liked one of the variants and color and booked it straightway. Fingers crossed, hoping for a niggle free ride and ownership.

Quote:

Originally Posted by maktags (Post 2371060)
Make : Honda
Model : City
Variant : E - MT
OTR Price: 8,36,000(includes a decent discount)
Freebies: Integrated Stereo, Reverse Sensors, Body Colored Door handles and mirror, One additional Speaker
Insurance : Re 1

That is an awesome deal you got man. My friend got his Silver E-MT just 6 months back for a whopping 9,25,000/- OTR Pune. On top of that, you got all the required accessories. Fantastic!

Do start your ownership thread when get hold of your ANHC.

Quote:

Originally Posted by maktags (Post 2371060)
Around that time met someone from Honda and he told me that some tempting deals are offered by Ring Road Honda. Drove 50 kms to reach the dealership, liked one of the variants and color and booked it straightway.

Congratulations maktags for booking Honda City. I too own this beauty and trust me its pure bliss to drive the Honda City. A hassle free ownership experience is guaranteed.

Regarding the booking, Ring Road Honda has branches in Gurgaon too and offer similar discounts. We got our car from Rung Road Honda, Peeragarghi as my dad was keen in getting a Delhi registered number instead of Haryana registration number.

Do start an ownership thread and update it with loads of photos once you get the car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ramsagar (Post 2370783)
TD all the diesel vehicles in that range: LINEA, SX4, ANHV, VENTO and not to mention SCORPIO(different league). Felt VENTO was perfect, though had to compromise on few features.

congrats man
you could have looked at the optra also great car it still not to late

Quote:

Originally Posted by manikjeet (Post 2371709)
congrats man
you could have looked at the optra also great car it still not to late

Thank you. I would've gone for Optra but was little skeptical about re-sale & may get discontinued any time, so had to go for VENTO.

I have finally booked the following -
Make : Volkswagon
Model : Jetta
Variant : Comfortline
Fuel : Diesel
Booking Date : 28 May
Color : Candy White
Expected Delivery Date : Within 3 days of full payment
Dealer & City : Global Galerie, Thane
Freebies : Matting and Mud FlapsOthers : Insurance, registration to be done by self (didn't opt for the dealer stuff)
Some queries:
1. Dealer's invoice would show Rs 15,59,212 as the ex-showroom price (inclusive of taxes). Would anyone be able to let me know how to calculate:
(a) One time road tax
(b) Registration costs (for MH-46 - panvel registration)
2. Any other inputs from persons who have had experience in self registration.

Many thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by aghosht (Post 2374172)
I have finally booked the following -
Make : Volkswagon
Model : Jetta
Variant : Comfortline

Congrats! How much discount did you get on the car overall given that the new one is gonna launch soon. What was the final OTR?