Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictPentony View Post
Make : Fiat
Model : Grande Punto 1.2
Variant : Active
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : 22nd October, 2009
Color : Hip Hop Black... not many of em around eh
Expected Delivery Date : 3 days from confirmation of loan.. stupid bank is taking too long
Dealer & City : TAFE Reach, Chennai
Freebies : Insurance, Extended 2 Year Warranty, Mud Flaps, Floor Mats, Member of Fiat First Program.
Others : Xplod Stereo, window tint, perfume, cover. plus a 6k corporate discount...

CANT WAITT..!!!!
Same car with same colour, the car is really a stunner with black grills
Congrats mate

Last edited by mech : 23rd October 2009 at 22:43.
Old 24th October 2009, 13:06   #213

Model : Grande Punto 1.4
Variant : Emotion
Booking Date : 15th October, 2009
Color : Hip Hop Black
Expected Delivery Date : 25th Oct, 2009 if registration happens today(24th Oct) else could be next week
Dealer & City : Concorde Motors (Diary Circle), Bangalore
Freebies : Insurance, Extended 2 Year Warranty, Fiat RSA program
Others : Mud Flaps, Floor Mats have been promised. Let see if they keep up their promise or not.
Old 24th October 2009, 22:10   #214
BHPian

Hi everyone,
I had bought my UVA base model cashmere color on 25 aug. and now have driven about 1300 kms. i basically drive in the city most of the time and yes on delivery of course it is a joy to bring home a beauty like this car, as they say, a car to a man, is a possession that comes next to his woman. You can't be fortunate as many times with the latter but yes, you can keep buying new cars as long as your finance allows.
I bought this car basically for being just at Rs.4 lac on road though i had taken a survey and test rides of even the Punto (my observations have been posted) and finally under the available brands, next choice was swift, but UVA scored on internal space and its sober looks and sturdy road presence-it has a solid look and drives also quite smooth why not after all its a new car and my other one is saddi maruti 800!
before first service it was giving 9 kmpl and after Ist service, i guess it is about 13-14 kmpl. My engine stalls many times in first gear and i have to press the acc. pedal more, though my driving experience is over 10 years. sometimes, when coming from top 5th gear down, the 4th gear does not give that much power, so i actually have to shift to 3rd immediately.
Some clicking sounds used to come from under body but now they have vanished but occasionally i hear them, like a cable or wire being strung tight and let loose at once.
i read many complaints of dash board reflection, but it is nothing to worry about and does not interfere with driving at all. some rogue kids or envious adults have made some scratches on by bonnet and side and trying to find some remedy to polish them! this is India and i have to live with such acts, frankly i have never touched any vehicle or object through out but i wonder how those scratches came! can anyone explain!

one item of objection is that i find rusting on the silencer muffler body and GM guys at service station have not convinced me, how can the material of this item be so cheap that it rusts even in one month, though they will replace it if it comes apart but then any item which is visible to eyes should not rust in one month!
I have so far enjoyed driving this car, it is huge inside and can easily seat 3-4 normal indian guys in the back.
My plan is now to drive up to Leh in this car and insha-allah, let me find few days off (i guess min.10 days) and then will come back with my experience of its long drive ability. See i drive safe and within 80 KPH as this is India and trouble can come from any angle! i think at a speed of below 100, i am not going to have any trouble with this car. It feels SOLID and SILENT inside (this is my family's compliment).
Bye for now, ciao!!! regards/pradeep
Old 24th October 2009, 22:13   #215

@ SamSan....
yupp.. i booked on diwali that's why i managed to get so many freebies. was kinda impressed actually considering its FIAT.. only problem is i cant add anything i repeat anything aftermarket to thecar without that warranty being void..So she's sunning stock for the next 4 years.. Any tips on how to get around this.??

@Mech... u BET... I just had to walk into that showroom and see her standing in black there.. That's all it took. Was actually gonna buy the red. But black is soo much more beautiful..!!! CANT WAIT.. About a week to go.
Old 25th October 2009, 12:23   #216

Model : Grande Punto
Variant : Emotion
Fuel : Diesel
Booking Date : 23rd Oct 09
Color : Bossa Nova White
Expected Delivery Date : Dealer is ready to deliver on 28th Oct but I hope finance gets ready by then
Dealer & City : Prerana Motors, Rajajinagar, West of Chord Road, Bangalore
Freebies : Mats, Mud Flaps, Sun Film.
Others : Insurance + Extended warranty Free. Actually booked it on the last day of Diwali offer.
The dealers experience has been ok till date. Hope to get my Punto soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsan02 View Post
I just booked with concorde Bangalore about the discounts and came to know about this. If you book a Punto and invoice by 24th Oct a car which are in stock then you will get discount for (extended warranty + first year free insurance + free roadside assistance), amount would depend on variant ofcourse. But the catch is if you like a colour which is not there then thou you may book by 24th Oct, you may not get the offered discount as company my discontinue the offer after 24th and invoicing would happen during actual delivery only which may be about 2 to 4 weeks.
Can any one confirm this please? I still went ahead with my booking.
Yes I can confirm this. The "Diwali 1st insurance + ext warranty free offer" was only till 24th Oct. The dealer did not know whether it will be extended. He said he can offer only colors that he has already invoiced and are in stock.

Although my dealer said that if the offer was extended beyond 24th by Fiat he would allow a re think on my color.

Any way I have booked a Emotion Diesel Bossa Nova White Punto, my only other color preference would have been Black but then I am increasingly beginning to love the white in Punto so I don't know if I will change it even if the choice is available.

Last edited by Eddy : 25th October 2009 at 13:29. Reason: Please avoid posting multiple back to back posts. Use the edit option if posting within 20 min. Thanks
Old 25th October 2009, 13:06   #217
BHPian

Congrats Kart
Its really raining Punto's on this forum.
Old 26th October 2009, 00:28   #218
BHPian

Make : Tata
Model : Safari Dicor 2.2 VTT
Variant : LX
Fuel : Diesel
Booking Date : 25th October, 2009
Color : Quartz Black
Expected Delivery Date : Whenever I have the loan amount ready from the bank. Expect it by Tuesday atmost.
Freebies : Insurance, Extended 2 Year Warranty, Mud Flaps, Floor Mats, Gear Lock
Others : 4k corporate discount..
Attached Thumbnails
The "I Booked my Car" Thread-pic062.jpg  

Old 26th October 2009, 09:58   #219
Senior - BHPian

Tata Safari in black colour looks nice.
IMO,It should have been more attractive if the lower portion also in body colour(black).
Cheers !
Old 26th October 2009, 11:11   #220
BHPian

@nairrk
I thought of getting the cladding and bumpers painted, but then in Delhi traffic, it will hurt me less if a rikshaw/scooter brushes my grey bumpers than a colored one.
Old 26th October 2009, 11:13   #221

Model : Linea
Variant : Emotion Pack
Fuel : Petrol 1.4
Booking Date : 10-10-09
Color : Bossa Nova White
Delivery Date : 17-10-09 on Laxmi pujan !
Dealer & City : Wasan Motors, Chembur, Mumbai

Discounts : 50% NCB on Insurance, Loyalty bonus, fiat discount, dealer discount
freebies : Mud Flaps, Floor Mats, Sun film etc

Last edited by Eddy : 26th October 2009 at 15:53. Reason: Corrected Date of booking.
Old 26th October 2009, 12:01   #222
BHPian

Also, ive been hearing rumours of the Punto Bossa Nova White being discontinued. i read it one of the threads on the forum as well.

Can anyone else confirm this??

Last edited by Eddy : 26th October 2009 at 15:54. Reason: Removed reference of date in previous post
Old 26th October 2009, 15:47   #223

sorry, my bad. booking date is 10th Oct 09
Old 26th October 2009, 16:13   #224
BHPian

Make : Hyundai
Model : Getz Prime 1.1
Variant : GLE
Booking Date : 25-Oct-09
Color : Black
Expected Delivery Date : 3 Days from my Approval of Bank Loan
Dealer & City : Trident Hyundai, Indiranagar, Bangalore
Freebies : Mud Flaps, Floor Mats, Sun Film, Teflon Coating, Ganesha Idol
Others : Exchange Bonus and Corporate Discount, Additional Discount TBC

- Tyres Upgrade to 175/70R13
- 4 Speakers - Polk or JBL?
- AutoCop being Installed for 2k with 3 year warranty

Moving my existing Blaupunkt Bahamas MP34 from my Zen to the new car

Last edited by KRRaj : 26th October 2009 at 16:15.
Old 26th October 2009, 16:23   #225
BHPian

quick update

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsan02 View Post
I just booked with concorde Bangalore about the discounts and came to know about this. If you book a Punto and invoice by 24th Oct a car which are in stock then you will get discount for (extended warranty + first year free insurance + free roadside assistance), amount would depend on variant ofcourse. But the catch is if you like a colour which is not there then thou you may book by 24th Oct, you may not get the offered discount as company my discontinue the offer after 24th and invoicing would happen during actual delivery only which may be about 2 to 4 weeks.
Can any one confirm this please? I still went ahead with my booking.
Later last week the dealer called and confirmed that the discounts will be still applicable in my case. The asst. mgr confirmed it after consulting some regional Fiat head. Since they didn't have the color they will treat it as a special case. But guess what from today it seems they have extended the Diwali offer to 31st Oct. So Punto enthusiasts get more to time to cash in on discounts.

Most Viewed