Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2009, 11:29   #271
Senior - BHPian

@PrabhuV

Did the dealer offering 'insurance' as freebie from them?
For your information, Insurance is a free offer from FORD and not by the dealer.
Old 19th November 2009, 11:49   #272

Thanks.

@Ferrari1976 - Thanks for your reply.

@nairrk - Thanks for your reply. Yes, I do not want to get junk for all that money. The Dealer mentioned for the corporate discount option, the free insurance does not apply.

But anyways, I (family inclusive) somehow dont feel comfortable ordering another one from this guy who tried to sell junk in the first place. This happening on our family's first car just adds to the pain...
Old 19th November 2009, 13:14   #273
BHPian

@PrabhuV

Rust on brake drums. Its an absolute no no. Why spend so much to get a defective product.

IMO its worth waiting for the next lot. See if you can find out the contact # of the area sales head from Ford and narrate the experience. They more than often believe the customer and stand by their side. Dealers usually fear them.

Cheers

Sridhar
Old 19th November 2009, 16:30   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrabhuV View Post
Hi,

5. There seem to be not very good reviews on Chennai Ford (another dealer in Chennai) so I have no where else to go.

6. Are these guys trying to hide something and sell me a lemon

7. Am I being too picky ( I sincerely hope.. Not)

I somehow feel this is a car which some one else ordered but cancelled for whatever reason, and they are pushing it to me. Family also is not happy with this whole experience.

SO..any feedback is very much appreciated...
We recently bought a Fiesta from Chennai Ford. Experience with them has been Ok( not bad or good). We went to Chennai Ford after bad experience with MPL Ford. IMHO, both the dealers are more or less the same. The sales guys handling of the situation is what makes it good or bad for you. Talk to the GM of the dealership. I would suggest try talking to Chennai Ford, if you dont want to deal with MPL anymore.
Old 20th November 2009, 03:48   #275

Hello All

First of all I want to say Thank you to Team-Bhp for accepting my membership. This really is a lovely website for anyone who wants to know anything and everything about CARS and BIKES and what not!!
I am presently in pursuing a doctoral degree in USA and may soon buy a car here. Not a new one since it will cost a bomb. An used car will work fine but am still looking for good deals. Will let keep you updated and start a new link on ownership experiences once i get my car.
Although I love the huge variety of cars available here I just dont get the time anymore to explore, admire or even see cars like I used too due to very hectic course work.
Anyways, back home in India my parents have booked a new car. Since I am not physically present there I feel really bad for not checking out the car myself but have asked my dad to carry the T-Bhp list and certain other check points to be carried before registering the car. They are awaiting my return in December so that I can drive the car out of the showroom. I Am very excited about that since this is the second car to be driven out by me . Here are some of the details I have come to know till now:
Make : Fiat
Model : Grande Punto
Variant : 1.4 FIRE Emotion Pack
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : I guess it is 17th November 2009
Color : Medium Grey
Expected Delivery Date : Should be around 26th December 2009
Dealer & City : Concorde, Mumbai
Freebies : Mudflaps and Mats according to my mom.
Others : Not sure at this time.
Is there anything important I need to check before picking the delivery of the car please let me know. Any help will be appreciated
If this post is too long I apologize to the moderators since this is the first time I m writing a post.

Once again I am pleased to be on T-Bhp and Congratulations to everyone on T-Bhp. All of you guys are doing a good job of updating us about your prized possessions.

Cheers,

Rohit
Old 20th November 2009, 10:32   #276

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivn View Post
We recently bought a Fiesta from Chennai Ford. Experience with them has been Ok( not bad or good). We went to Chennai Ford after bad experience with MPL Ford. IMHO, both the dealers are more or less the same. The sales guys handling of the situation is what makes it good or bad for you. Talk to the GM of the dealership. I would suggest try talking to Chennai Ford, if you dont want to deal with MPL anymore.

Thanks rajivn,

Yes, I would be talking to Chennai Ford. I happened to be at MPL y'day and the salesguy showed me a car in the showroom with the brake discs rusted (small patches her and there). The one I saw was rusted totally (didnt take pictures :( .. ) But anyways wrote a letter for cancellation and should be receiving the booking fee refund. He didnt sound arrogant at all, saying "Sorry" umpteen times to have lost a customer and maitained his "miscommunication" story. He says he will not deduct the Rs. 5000 cancellation fee (seemed like doing me a favour..) which pissed me off. So, I hopefully should receive the cheque in two days. Lets see...

Finally my first car booking story ends with cancelling on the very same day (NOV 19th ) I was actually supposed to get the car.

But I will be writing in this thread on my next one, DEFINITELY with a happy ending..

Last edited by Jaggu : 20th November 2009 at 10:45. Reason: Back to back posts, use multi quote please.
Old 22nd November 2009, 00:10   #277
BHPian

Folks,

Booked my Scorpio SLE at India Garage Chennai. 4 days since booking still not fixed delivery commitment. Finally I blew the sales guy his manager has promised to confirm the expected delivery date by Monday. Looks likt it wd be minimum 3 weeks. I wanted the delivery in december to ensure I get what ever december discounts they might offer - but i guess its going to be a long wait.

Meanwhile MPL Chennai is ready to give the car on 30th November but not sure if I should cancel the order in India Garage & move it to MPL... MPL is giving me 5k cash discount while India Garage is refusing to go above 3k.

Any clue on who offers better service ( post sales) in chennai between India Garge & MPL

After driving a baleno for 3.5 years I am struggle to manage in my dad's alto
Old 22nd November 2009, 16:57   #278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StudioAbraham View Post
Folks,

Any clue on who offers better service ( post sales) in chennai between India Garge & MPL

After driving a baleno for 3.5 years I am struggle to manage in my dad's alto
mine was different story. MPL didn't budge any discounts where as Chennai Garage offered me around 15 K discount. 7 K cash and 5 K in Insurance etc.,
Funny was both offered 5K cash accessory discount when their price was 5K higher from their website (Govt reduced the excise duty and all car manufacturers reduced 5K).

Chennai garage was more responsive then MPL in my experience. But MPL had AT for Test drive where as chennai garage didn't have it and dragged for weeks to get a AT vehicle for them.
Old 26th November 2009, 19:28   #279
BHPian

Chevrolet Cruze LTZ

Thanks to Team-BHP for approving my membership.

I am using a Skoda Octavia 1.9 TDi from 2002. Had clocked 145000 KMS on the Odometer. I wanted to buy the Toyota Fortuner but the waiting period was very long. My Skoda was becoming a real problem to maintain hence I needed to buy a car very soon. On October 12 2009 the Chevrolet Cruze was launched. Before going to the showroom to have a look I read the detail review of the car on Team - BHP and was very impressed with the features. Once I had a look at the car at Sundaram Motors I decided this is going to be my next car as I was very much impressed by the equipment offered in the LTZ and also the powerful 2.0 VCDi engine, and the sales guy promised to give delivery by end of October. I wanted the white color and paid the booking amount of Rs. 50,000/- on October 15 2009 without even taking a test drive as they did not have a TD car yet because of delay in registeration. Later after around 3 days I Test Drove the car and it was satisfying.

The dealer said he will process the finance for me. This car being new in the market, many banks rejected my application for loan. The sales person informed that the white Cruze LTZ has arrived on October 31 2009 and I had to make the balance payment for delivery and they were not able to process my loan.

Then I was able to get the loan processed myself from Kotak and finaly made the full payment on November 12 2009. But by the time I made the payment the dealer had sold the car alloted to me to another person as he had made full payment before me. I was annoyed by this but the sales person promised to give delivery within a week as another white LTZ was in transit. To my bad luck I got a call the next day saying the car in transit was a LT version and hence they have ordered another white LTZ from the factory and a new delivery date was promised that being November 27 2009.

I was not very sure about the delivery date hence kept calling them everyday and they were saying the white Cruze is not billed yet and once the billing is done it will take 10 days time to reach Chennai from the plant at Halol Gujarat.

I had sold my Skoda Octavia as well and this wait was really frustating.

Hence I contacted the Retail Manager for South India General Motors. Got the factory number from the GM website and someone at the factory gave me this person's number. He gave me the true picture that there is a lot of demand for White Cruze LTZ as they have about 250 bookings all India only for White. He said for South India they allot about 5 White cars every month and I would have to wait for an indefinate period for the delivery.

I was shocked that the dealer kept me in the dark. The sales person appologised saying he himself did not know the status. Now the sales man said he can give me Light Gold or Misty lake color as they had ex-stock. But I was not interested to take either of these colors.

In the meantime I was constantly in touch with the Retail Manager GM. He said he can try for Black. With reluctance I agreed and the same evening on November 23 2009 I received an sms from him confirming that they have billed the Black Cruze LTZ to Sundaram Motors and this car will be alloted to me.

Now I am waiting for the delivery by next week (December 4 2009). My first choice was White but I had to compromise and agree for Black color due to heavy demand for White.
Old 26th November 2009, 22:27   #280
Senior - BHPian

Model- Swift Dzire VDI
Color- Silky Silver
Booking Date-26/11/09
Date of Delivery- My wish(know the guy)
Old 30th November 2009, 12:04   #281
BHPian

Bright Red Swift Vdi ABS is on the way

Make : Maruti Suzuki
Model : Swift
Variant : Vdi ABS
Booking date : 30/11/2009
Colour : Bright Red
Expected delivery date : Second week of Jan 10
Dealer : Sai Service, Cochin
Freebies :
Old 1st December 2009, 22:38   #282

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
Model- Swift Dzire VDI
Color- Silky Silver
Booking Date-26/11/09
Date of Delivery- My wish(know the guy)
Congrats sachinj12. I feel you are very lucky to decide on the delivery date for a DZire. I had to wait 5 months to get mine.
Old 1st December 2009, 23:05   #283
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer sultan View Post

Now I am waiting for the delivery by next week (December 4 2009). My first choice was White but I had to compromise and agree for Black color due to heavy demand for White.

Sir, Congrats on ur purchase! And don't worry Cruze in black looks stunning, trust me just saw one today. It looks better than white anyday (personal opinion).

Last edited by Eddy : 1st December 2009 at 23:59. Reason: Please do not quote the entire message. This makes it difficult for our mobile users. Thanks
Old 2nd December 2009, 11:05   #284

Make/Model- Mitsubishi Outlander
Color- River Blue
Booking Date-31/11/09
Date of Delivery- around 15th Dec. 09
Dealer- Southern Motors, Bangalore

Freebies- Insurance(~50k) Mats and other little standard accs (perfume/idol perhaps)

Anyone who has gotten/seen a better deal for the Outlander pls let me know of the same so that I can push or it too. Thx.
Old 2nd December 2009, 11:54   #285
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by espeez View Post
Make/Model- Mitsubishi Outlander
Color- River Blue
Booking Date-31/11/09
Date of Delivery- around 15th Dec. 09
Dealer- Southern Motors, Bangalore

Freebies- Insurance(~50k) Mats and other little standard accs (perfume/idol perhaps)

Anyone who has gotten/seen a better deal for the Outlander pls let me know of the same so that I can push or it too. Thx.
You should negotiate harder, make calls to other dealership even if it's in another city to haggle. Insurance figures given by dealerships are already hiked up, you should get it done elsewhere to see the vast difference. Outlander is a veryyyy slow mover in terms of sales + year end = BIG discount ! Forget the freebies, negotiate a flat cash discount to be more transparent.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks