Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2009, 22:45   #316
Senior - BHPian

Hi Newbie,
Nice to meet U in this thread. Go ahead. Keep on posting. Help yourself and help others to benefit by postings of the user review. See you soon with your Silky. Of course you could have gone for the ABS model with 19K additional.No matter.If you can just ask them whether they can or not. ABS they don't keep stock that too true.Wish you all the best.
Old 12th December 2009, 23:35   #317
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
@kalyan: sorry about the typo. The VIN number is not easy to decode and never really checked during resale hence the most important document is the RC itself.
what about the sale letter?
it will have the date typed/written?
Old 13th December 2009, 10:54   #318
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
what about the sale letter?
it will have the date typed/written?
..What sale letter??
Old 13th December 2009, 11:39   #319
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
..What sale letter??
I believe you get a receipt that you have got
model--Skoda, color--?, date of sale--
even if the registration is in '10
because if you are purchasing the car in '09, it means the car is sold and you are bound to get some paperwork done in '09 itself, isn't it? even if the reg is done in '10, as i myself have done this,
though the functionaries might be different from here, but if the car is sold in '09, you will & should get a paper in your name...
Old 13th December 2009, 20:50   #320

Make : Fiat
Model : Punto
Variant : MJD Emotion Pack
Fuel : Diesel
Booking Date : 11-12-09
Color : Bossonova White
Expected Delivery Date : 1st week of Jan
Dealer & City : Chennai Concorde
Freebies :
Others : [like any offer]
Old 13th December 2009, 21:15   #321

Make : Fiat
Model : Punto
Variant : MJD emotion pack
Fuel : Diesel
Booking Date : 11- 12 - 09
Color : Bossonova white
Expected Delivery Date : 1st week Jan
Dealer & City : Concorde Motors, Velachery, Chennai
Freebies : 3m film, full carpets, teflon coatin
Others : Free insurance, free extended warranty, 6k corporate discount

The Sales person at concorde velachery, chennai was awesome, he spent the 8 hrs with me, took me to people who owned Punto to get their feedback. Was extremely happy and satisfied. Initially, I was toying between the diesel versions of the ubiquitous Swift, punto and i20 diesel versions, but fell for the drop dead gorgeous looks of punto and the value for money and features it offered. Heard from my friend who is working for Maruti car service that swift is not assembled with the same quality as before due to heavy demand and also hated the rattling that crops up in suzuki cars after some time. Further, Punto was leagues ahead of Swift in ride quality and suspension and safety features. i20 diesel was way overpriced. Was slightly speculative about tata - fiat joint venture, but I decided to put my money on the reliability of fiat, ( 15000 kms service interval sounded awesome ) and the success reports of linea. Also the owners of punto and linea gave me some good reports on the service at concorde, ambattur , chennai. Hope they keep it up. Go fiat !

And for people who r looking to buy punto , there is a good offer going on this month as Ive mentioned above and it ends on dec 25th.
Old 13th December 2009, 21:49   #322
BHPian

Finally, booked ANHC 1.5 V Polished Grey metallic with Whitefield Motors. Delivery to happen on 15 ( if payment from bank goes through by tomorrow).
Freebies offered : corp discount, sunfilm plus cash discount of 15K
Old 14th December 2009, 11:17   #323
BHPian

Quote:
@kalyan: sorry about the typo. The VIN number is not easy to decode and never really checked during resale hence the most important document is the RC itself.
@Sahil,

Kalyan is right. The RC book will mention the month/year of manufacture of the car. The VIN (or in indian scenario the chassis number), i agree is not easy to understand by many. Anybody can see the DOM in the RC Book. In addition, the year of manufacture is imprinted on all the window galsses of the car and people have become more knowledgeble now-a-days. I dont think it will make any difference in terms of resale if the car is indeed 2009 mfred and registered in 2010.
Old 14th December 2009, 12:27   #324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecherian View Post
Finally, booked ANHC 1.5 V Polished Grey metallic with Whitefield Motors. Delivery to happen on 15 ( if payment from bank goes through by tomorrow).
Freebies offered : corp discount, sunfilm plus cash discount of 15K
Sir, I spoke with Mr. Sajid and Mr. Tarun from WhiteField Honda on Saturday. The offer I was promised on City V MT was as follows:
1. Corporate discount of Rs 15,000.00 (on Wipro basis) +
2. Insurance of Rs 25,804.00 completely free or a cash discount of Rs 15,000.00

And they had promised a better deal if I met them in person. If you opt for the free insurance, you are bound to save more.
Old 14th December 2009, 13:02   #325
BHPian

Make : Maruti
Model : Ritz
Variant : VXI
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : 13- 12 - 09
Color : Blue Blaze
Expected Delivery Date : 19-12-09
Dealer & City : Khivraj Motors, Adyar
Freebies : Sun film, reverse parking sensors, Keyless entry, Side beading, wooden finish dashboard..(My friend is a dealer)
Others : 15k Cash discount
Old 14th December 2009, 14:51   #326
BHPian

Booked SX4 ZXi MT!!

To quote Luigi from "Cars":
"I must scream it to the world, my excitement from the top of someplace very high!"

Make : Maruti
Model : SX4
Variant : ZXi MT w/o Leather
Expected Delivery Date : Sometime this week
OTR Price (PMC Pune): 8.34 lakhs, including 3 yr extended warranty
Freebies : 5K discount on accessories
Others : 15K Cash Disc

Could have held on and got a better deal (MAYBE) but guided and inspired by abhi182 I decided to take the plunge!

Please PM for any additional details...
Old 14th December 2009, 16:03   #327
BHPian

Make : Skoda
Model : Laura
Variant : 1.8 TSI
Expected Delivery Date : Available Immediately, but taking delivery on 30th
OTR Price (PMC Pune): 15.79 lakhs
Freebies : Insurance, some stuff that is part of the deal
Others : 15K Cash Discount to everyone, but bargained a deal with free insurance and accessories instead.
Old 14th December 2009, 17:14   #328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imp! View Post
Others : 15K Cash Discount to everyone, but bargained a deal with free insurance and accessories instead.
Congrats! Looked like we started off and finished at almost the same time! Though with a difference of around 7.5 lakhs
Old 14th December 2009, 17:33   #329
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imp! View Post
Congratulations imp! Btw, which accessories are you getting?
Old 14th December 2009, 23:29   #330
BHPian

booked my fiesta

[quote=GTO;1442076]Team,

Hello all,
Today i booked my Ford Fiesta 1.6 zxi sea grey colour
I have an AT S civic,but my back was creating problems,and i decided to get another high seating car.I td a few cars.only petrol cars
Initially i was confused between hatch and sedan,and then i decided for a sedan because
!) we already have an i10
2)the driving and siting comfort is better in a sedan(bounce is less)

Fabia- very comfortable car,good seating position,ingress and out is good.has airbags and all safety features,but then i was hesitant to go to a skoda,but now their sales are improved,they might provide cheaper parts.And an old engine.about Rs 6 l on road

I20 -a little low seating,suspension not enough,not enough power.and hyundai cars not so good in mileage.but it is a complete car with all safety features. 6.16 L on road

Jazz-it does not have height adjustment in driver seat,visibility is a tad less in the front.this car has all features,and inside space is so much manuerable.we could take our kids cycle for repair.engine is good,but i felt the power not enough.frequent gear shifting maybe required.drive and suspension is good. 7.5 L on road

Punto-not happy with seating

Ritz-good and sweet ,noiseless engine,nice to drive,but a little bouncy about 5L on road

Linea- slightly bigger car,but not happy with the power.being driving a civic,i wanted a car which will pull you,rather than we push about 8L on road

Manza- excellent seating position,driver seat has lumbar support.back seating is great.family loved this car.but i wish this was more powerful.driving is wonderful,but this car rolls a bit.And with airbags,only 6.4L on road.VFM

City- very good seating,powerful car,futuristic design(but my taste differed)driving is fun,we would love it.about 9 L on road.but since i am a guy who keeps changing cars ( i have previously owned corsas,then old city,then a civic,i decided the bigger car you own and then try to sell it,we would get less resale value

Sx4-didn't like the looks and they didn't have a TD car,said he would bring it home to try,but he never did !

Fiesta-a powerful car,nice seating comfort,but wish had more thigh support.didn't want a leather seat model,because it heats up the car,and also gives a distinct nauseating feel for the family(even in bigger cars too).
They were giving big( discount,just imagine a good sedan,which has b about tyrseen here for about 5 yrs,and the model i choose is 6.5 L on road only.Fiesta is fun to drive,and back seats are in comfortable position.powerful car ( i need that since i am so used to Civic).And a car like this only 4.9 turning radius.in the long run,it is so helpful .now i am not in a hurry,i got to sell my civic.any car enthusiast would vouch for this'
this model has no airbags,so sad.
the wheels are ordinary ones,since there is no ABS/alloy wheels.i would love a car with good road grip.
so i am thinking of an alloy wheels.which size should i go for?14 or 15"

and what about tyres? (they proyide MRF tyries)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks