Make : Honda.
Model : Civic.
Variant : V/MT Sunroof.
Fuel : Petrol.
Booking Date : 25th June 2011
Color : Alabaster Silver.
Expected Delivery Date : 7th July 2011
Dealer & City : Eastern Honda,Kolkata.
Freebies : Door Visors,Audio Aluminum Panels,Rubber Mats,Body Cover,3M Paint Protection.
Others : Free Insurance(Honda Assure),Corporate Discount,Loyalty Bonus.

Last edited by cityvic : 5th July 2011 at 12:51.
Old 6th July 2011, 23:24   #1502
BHPian

Back-to-square-N

Booked my first NEW car.

Make : Ford
Model : Figo
Variant : 1.4D Titanium
Fuel : Diesel
Booking Date : 30-Jun-2011
Color : Colorado Red
Expected Delivery Date : Car is available in stock. Picking it up soon on an auspicious day (parents insist).
Dealer & City : Metro Ford, Bangalore
Freebies : 3rd year Ext warranty (corporate offer) + Essentials pack + Llumar sun film + Reverse parking sensors (not sure of the type & number of sensors) + USB cable + Car cover + Idol + perfume.
Others : -- read on --

*) Tried bargaining for Fog lamps instead of some non-warranty related stuff (like car cover, tints) that I could buy outside for less.. didn't work.
*) Will be getting the Fog lamps installed immediately. No plans yet for any other upgrades.
Planning to go for (self-procured) Bajaj Allianz insurance with Drive Assured add-on. Costs 21K odd for an ex-showroom price of 5.56L. (Royal Sundaram and Tata-AIG provide similar 0% depreciation coverage for about 3-4K less .. but i'm wary of them after reading many T-BHP threads)
*) Have completed a few of the Pre-registration inspection. Checked VIN#, Tyres (goodyear), ODO, exterior for damage/paint differentials. Didn't find anything out of order. I wasn't allowed to drive the vehicle .. but got them to start the engine and found the engine noise a bit louder than my expectation .. anyways, discounted it for being indoors and also a cold start. Primary intention of the inspection was to make sure I was not being passed an old vehicle or one that was damaged-in-transit. I assume it would be ok to find minor glitches post-delivery and get them rectified during 1st service.

*) Finally.. the title of the post is so because .. my search for an apt car started around Aug 2009 and decision swayed N number times between Punto, Vista, Getz, Ritz, Figo. Booked a 1.4D Titatnium Figo in Mar 2010.. but had to cancel the booking due to work relocation. After a long pause (of about a year) car-hunting resumes and .. i find new players in the field -- Polo, Micra, Liva (petrol). Thankfully, T-BHP reviews and discussions helped a lot in eliminating the choices .. and there stands dear old Figo as the final winner (for me) yet again.

Any advice / tips ?

Last edited by scanD : 6th July 2011 at 23:28.
scanD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2011, 16:26   #1503
Senior - BHPian

re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Today booked my Swift Vxi -ABS (New model) payed advance of Rs.25K, colour is yet to be decided, expected delivery by end of August 11.

I was about to book a Figo but changed my plan at the last moment as soon as I got the news of the New Swift.
Old 8th July 2011, 16:31   #1504
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
Today booked my Swift Vxi -ABS (New model) payed advance of Rs.25K, colour is yet to be decided, expected delivery by end of August 11.
Great move on the switch to Swift. Is 25,000 the adance demanded as some sites suggest the booking amount is 10,000.

Cheers!
Old 8th July 2011, 16:36   #1505
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Great move on the switch to Swift. Is 25,000 the adance demanded as some sites suggest the booking amount is 10,000.

Cheers!
To be frank I did not bargain much on the initial booking amount , you can give it a shot for sure.
Old 8th July 2011, 17:55   #1506
BHPian

Guys,

Iam very excited to announce the booking of my Hyundai Verna SX optional CRDi. I booked it yesterday but the sad part is that the waiting time is more than 3 months. The booking amount is actually 75k but as I went through a reference, I paid 25k now and agreed to pay the remaining 50k within the next 2 weeks. Iam trying to use some political influence for a quick delivery of the car but still my fingers crossed till the date of delivery.
Here are the details of my booking.

Make : Hyundai
Model : Verna
Variant : SX optional
Booking Date : 7th July 2011
Color : Black
Expected Delivery Date : Sometime in October(Might be before that if everything works well)
Dealer & City : Kun Hyundai, Hyderabad
Freebies : None
Others : No offers, keeping in mind the demand of the car.

The on road price is 12.03L

Wish me all the best guys, for my new car!!

Last edited by CrankShaft05 : 8th July 2011 at 18:07.
Old 11th July 2011, 10:49   #1507
Senior - BHPian

Last weekend was quite topsy turvy, as mentioned in my earlier post I went ahead and booked the New Swift came back home and told my wife that at last I took a decision. Since the car was not launched my wife asked me to show the photograph and enquired about the boot space, I told her that the boot was a bit of a compromise compared to the current Swift at that time suddenly she realized that I am talking about the “NEW Swift hatch ” not the compact sedan version which is also expected to be launched later this year.
All hell broke loose she insisted that I cancel the booking immediately, I called up the sales guy and told not to present the cheque as I am cancelling the booking he said “OK Saar”. Since the dealer has not presented the cheque for clearance, I potentially saved Rs2500/- as cancellation fee. Any ways did a stop payment for my peace of mind.

All potential Maruti customers kindly be aware the dealers are charging a cancelation fee of Rs.2500/- and under no circumstance they are ready to negotiate on that fee.

On Saturday morning went back to our original choice the Ford Figo , booked a 1.4 TDCI Titanium Moon dust Silver Shade , costing Rs 6.66 (OTR),
insurance going with Bajaj Alliance (Since I have a 45% NCB on my previous vehicle)

As ScanD mentioned in his post, got 3rd year Ext warranty as corporate offer like essential pack (mudflaps, mats etc), reverse parking sensor, car cover , perfume etc. Tried hard to bargain for USB cable & fog lamp but the dealer did not budge as they did not have stock vehicle in place.
I was given a waiting period of 2-3 weeks, petrol vehicles were readily available with some discounts /freebies. Seems diesel vehicles are in good demand after the recent petrol hikes.
Old 11th July 2011, 12:21   #1508
Distinguished - BHPian

Make : Volkswagen
Model : Vento
Variant : Highline
Booking Date : June 1st, 2011
Color : Shadow Blue
Expected Delivery Date : By end of this month
Dealer & City : B.U. Bhandari, Pune
Freebies : None
Price: OTR: 10.2 L (After corporate discount)
Discount: Corporate Discount 16k
Others : None
Old 11th July 2011, 18:09   #1509
BHPian

Make : MARUTI
Model : New Swift
Variant : VDI (ABS) {Would be converted to ZDI asa its launched}
Booking Date : 11-07-11
Color : Pearl White
Expected Delivery Date : No Delivery Date, Waiting Period of 18-19 Weeks
Dealer & City : Krish Automotors, Pitampura, Delhi
Freebies : Good Wishes
Others : The SE says he will personally try his level best to get the car delivered asap, but I know that's just to please me. Not in a hurry anyways (I know this is only till the car is not launched, and asa I see the car in flesh, would be spending sleepless nights to get it home).
Old 11th July 2011, 18:13   #1510
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpMan View Post
Congrats on this booking. See a lots of bookings forthe New Swift. Hope you get it at the earliest!

Cheers!
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2011, 09:44   #1511
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Make : Volkswagen
Model : Vento
Variant : Highline
Booking Date : June 1st, 2011
Color : Shadow Blue
Price: OTR: 10.2 L (After corporate discount)
Heartiest Congratulations ninjatalli! Great choice. Are you sure the price is 10.2 lacs on road? I thought the Vento TDi costed close to 11 lacs in Pune. Anyways, congrats. Shadow Blue is a unique colour in the Vento and stands out amongst the most common White and Silver colours. Please do start your own thread when you get the beauty and do join us for Pune TeamBHP meet with your Shadow Blue Angel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpMan View Post
Variant : VDI (ABS) {Would be converted to ZDI asa its launched}
Booking Date : 11-07-11
Color : Pearl White
Expected Delivery Date : No Delivery Date, Waiting Period of 18-19 Weeks
Awesome! Congrats! Dude, you did not mention the price? Is it not known yet? Introducing ZDi variant will be a great move by MS. I always thought that its always great to have a fully loaded car from the company itself which saves us a lot of time hunting for accessories. Waiting period of 18-19 weeks looks too too long. All the best!

Last edited by ajay_satpute : 12th July 2011 at 09:47.
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2011, 14:04   #1512
BHPian

Thanks Ajay. The current gen VDI{ABS} costs 6.11L OTR including 4thYear Ext Warranty. No one at the dealership has any idea about the new pricing. But IMO it should be somewhere around 6.25-6.30L OTR for the new VDI{ABS}. I am not counting the soon to be increased registration tax for diesel cars in Delhi. And going by the current price difference in VXI-ZXI, the ZDI will cost 6.90-7.10L OTR.

I also have the same thoughts about the fully loaded version, but my primary reason to go for ZDI is Safety. I would love to spend even more, if MSI offers something on the lines of i20 Asta(O), where in you get 4 extra air-bags. I think its high time, that manufacturers start giving all the safety features as optional extras irrespective of the variant chosen.

Yes, the waiting period is quite long, but in the mean time will try and find some loop-hole to get the baby home sooner. Hoping for the best!
Old 13th July 2011, 19:58   #1513
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post
As I said to who ever it works for, one to his own, even I want to save that 1 lakh but just that its not easy here to live with it as much it is there, many of my friends who stay in Delhi have said the same thing as you have. The state is giving a workaround simply because it is unduly gaining from this situation, and the state where you are using the car regularly is at loss. Even here in north western areas of the state many people had registered their cars in Goa, but after a few years all cars where the permanent address was of Karnataka and temp address of Goa were all seized and owners made to pay RT of Karnataka, (I do not know under which law that was done) this started about 15 years back and ended about 9 years back. It was a big news here. In Bangalore from time immortal nobody wants to buy a car which has different state number, no matter how mouth watering the price is. These cars are looked down upon by people here.

But just to clear your belief on rules, I do not know how and who has advised you that it is not breaking the law in this process that you have adopted, technically it is breaking the law, strictly by the law books speaking. But as you said who doesn't. And as I know this process is not new there and its very normal for everybody to do this as you have, then it is as good as not breaking the law, there. As I said we are not as lucky in that context.

This observation you have made is perfectly right, you are not breaking any law by crossing borders on a daily basis.
Frankly speaking, I think the govt of Karnataka doesn't want any other state vehicles in their state. That's why the cops create such a fuss about it. This is another way of saying 'its my place, better play by my rules'. Which is sad in a way coz I generally find Bangalore to be friendly place.

<These cars are looked down upon by people here.> Why should it be looked down upon? Its completely one's own prerogative to buy the car anywhere. Also, why is the road tax so high? (18%?, right). Surely not to build roads coz there are none.

If the state defines rules in way that they are designed to such your blood, it completely justified to try to have turn around. I hate the fact that a cosmo city like Bangalore is spoiled by having such stupid objections. If state like Delhi can have no issues in permitting other states' cars, why can Karnataka?

in fact, we should have centralized taxation system. After that, take your car anywhere.

Last edited by Abhi_Automobile : 13th July 2011 at 20:02.
Old 13th July 2011, 21:33   #1514
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post

But just to clear your belief on rules, I do not know how and who has advised you that it is not breaking the law in this process that you have adopted, technically it is breaking the law, strictly by the law books speaking. But as you said who doesn't. And as I know this process is not new there and its very normal for everybody to do this as you have, then it is as good as not breaking the law, there. As I said we are not as lucky in that context.

This observation you have made is perfectly right, you are not breaking any law by crossing borders on a daily basis.
Just to reinforce this comment, below is the screen shot from the motor vehicles act. The section 40 clearly describes that the vehicle should be registered where the owner resides or where the vehicle is normally kept.
The "I Booked my Car" Thread-untitled.jpg

Further section 49 mentions that the if the owner's residence changes, within 30 days the owner should register the vehicle with the registering authority in whose jurisdiction the new address is located.
Crossing borders for private vehicles temporarily (not intended for more than 6 months) is however perfectly alright.
The "I Booked my Car" Thread-untitled1.jpg

So all people who reside in Bangalore or for that matter any other place for more than 6 months with the registration of some other state, are effectively breaking the rules.

As abhi_automobile has mentioned, a central taxation rule is a good thing if at all it can happen.

Mods Please move this to a more relevant thread if any exists.

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 13th July 2011 at 21:36.
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2011, 23:01   #1515
BHPian

Make : TATA
Model : MANZA QDJET
Variant : AQUA
Color : Dew White
OTR Price: 7.5
freebies:mats,mud flaps, sun film
discount: Free insurance(20k) + Corporate Discount (12k)
Dealer: Concorde

They want the money before PDI. So I told them I want to do a PRI when the vehicle's is in the lot after which I don't mind handing them over the final check. They agreed after a while.

I told them I want a June make and asked them to give me the VIN when the car arrives in the lot (agreed finally after asking me what VIN was ! )

Hope everything goes right. Fingers Crossed !

Most Viewed