Team-BHP > What Car?

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2011, 12:25   #1726
BHPian

re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Make : Ford
Model : Figo
Variant : Titanium (new with alloywheels and steering height adjustment and Fog lamps) and still without rear power windows
Fuel : Diesel
Booking Date : 4th December 2011
Color : White
Expected Delivery Date : 22nd December 2011
Dealer & City : MPL Ford, Nandanam, Chennai
Freebies : Mudflaps/OEM floor mats/The 3rd year warranty is included in the OTR price also they included 5k for 3m Exterior- I converted into the under chassis treatment of 3M,

Also expecting something since we are existing customer of MPL (xylo)

won a Dvd Player under the December Dhamaal promotion (yet to receive and don't know what make it is)
Old 6th December 2011, 12:25   #1727
BHPian

Make : Chevrolet
Model : BEAT
Variant : PS
Booking Date : 02/12/2011
Color : Sandrift Grey
Expected Delivery Date : 10/12/2011 (Tentative)
Freebies : Sun film, Central locking, floor mat, mud flap, car cover, under chasis coating, steering grip, LORVM
Others : Nil
Price : 5.03 Lacs (OTR) 4,42,000 ex. showroom + 10,500 (Ins. - New India) + Reg. (51,000).
Booking Amount : 10K.

Any advice / suggestions before taking delivery, is it a good deal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trtraj View Post
Variant : Titanium (new with alloywheels and steering height adjustment and Fog lamps) and still without rear power windows
Freebies : Mudflaps/OEM floor mats/The 3rd year warranty is included in the OTR price also they included 5k for 3m Exterior- I converted into the under chassis treatment of 3M,

won a Dvd Player under the December Dhamaal promotion (yet to receive and don't know what make it is)

How much it came On-road? I was greatly confused between PS and LS verisons of BEAT and Figo EXI version, but finally concluded on BEAT PS version, as my driving is mostly in City and I can use my Dad's car for long drives.

Last edited by GTO : 7th December 2011 at 12:59. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another!
Old 6th December 2011, 12:32   #1728
BHPian

Hi Prasana,

It was quoted for 6.78 OTR and i got 10k discount for booking in december and with my corporate discount its 13,350 less than it, 6.63 L and added 9k for special number which costed total 6.72L
Old 6th December 2011, 12:34   #1729
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
added 9k for special number which costed total 6.72L
9K for special number, sounds a bit high. VW quotes 5k for the special number!

Cheers!
Old 6th December 2011, 12:35   #1730
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasana_19 View Post
Make : Chevrolet
Model : BEAT
Variant : PS
Booking Date : 02/12/2011
Color : Sandrift Grey
Expected Delivery Date : 10/12/2011 (Tentative)
Freebies : Sun film, Central locking, floor mat, mud flap, car cover, under chasis coating, steering grip, LORVM
Others : Nil
Price : 5.03 Lacs (OTR) 4,42,000 ex. showroom + 10,500 (Ins. - New India) + Reg. (51,000).
Booking Amount : 10K.

Any advice / suggestions before taking delivery, is it a good deal?
Hey Prasanna

Congratulations on finalizing on the Beat. I am sure you will have good time with it, especially the frugality of the engine. I think you got a good offer. What is the brand and series of the sunfilms offered to you? Dealers can fleece you to any level on these things, hence the question.
Old 6th December 2011, 12:38   #1731
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Hey Prasanna

Congratulations on finalizing on the Beat. I am sure you will have good time with it, especially the frugality of the engine. I think you got a good offer. What is the brand and series of the sunfilms offered to you? Dealers can fleece you to any level on these things, hence the question.

Thanks for your wishes dude.. Not sure about Sun film series but the brand is garware (i think), can you suggest me some decent series in Garware? Remote is autocop with 3 years warranty he said...

P.S: Thanks for your help mate, your suggestions only assisted me to make a quick decision.

Last edited by prasana_19 : 6th December 2011 at 12:46. Reason: Multi quote
Old 6th December 2011, 12:44   #1732
BHPian

Volkman, The government fee itself is 8k in chennai for selecting a number other than G.O allotted in the running series, (1000 number from the starting number).

Probably Bangalore is better, I paid only 2.7 k in bangalore for my Getz to get a summation of my choice (of course not the specific number)
Old 6th December 2011, 12:47   #1733
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your wishes dude.. Not sure about Sun film series but the brand is garware (i think), can you suggest me some decent series in Garware? Remote is autocop with 3 years warranty he said...

P.S: Thanks for your help mate, your suggestions only assisted me to make a quick decision.
No problem Prasanna. Thats what we do here on TeamBHP. Frankly, I do not have any idea about Garware sunfilms. Garware sunfilms usually fall in the most economical category of sunfilms. That does not mean they are not as good as the other expensive films, but just wanted to know what is the deal you've got. Also, ask them if there are other options in sunfilms . From what you've mentioned, it looks like there is no written proof of what you've been offered as free. You should make sure that you get everything what you were told. Just get it written/printed on the dealer letterhead or something similar, which would make it official.

All the best!
Old 6th December 2011, 12:47   #1734
BHPian

Congrats on your buy Prasana, If the remote is not factory fitted, i would suggest to have a look on Xenos products, I used it in my Getz and it has lifetime replacement warranty. In around 4 years only once i have been to the service center where they fixed the issue without any charge.

Note: I am not sure about the Autocop's overall performance actually.. But, We had it in our WagonR and it was malfunctioning in terms of shock sensor (everyday by midnight it use to shout)
Old 6th December 2011, 12:47   #1735
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Hi Prasana,

It was quoted for 6.78 OTR and i got 10k discount for booking in december and with my corporate discount its 13,350 less than it, 6.63 L and added 9k for special number which costed total 6.72L
Even I am going for a special number (thou' its nt fancy, but all vehicles in our family bears this number). What number you are going for and how much they are charging exactly? They are charging 8000 Rs. for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
No problem Prasanna. Thats what we do here on TeamBHP. Frankly, I do not have any idea about Garware sunfilms. Garware sunfilms usually fall in the most economical category of sunfilms. That does not mean they are not as good as the other expensive films, but just wanted to know what is the deal you've got. Also, ask them if there are other options in sunfilms . From what you've mentioned, it looks like there is no written proof of what you've been offered as free. You should make sure that you get everything what you were told. Just get it written/printed on the dealer letterhead or something similar, which would make it official.

All the best!
Thanks Ajay. I told dealer categorically that I would take delivery only after he fulfils his promises on freebies and I will pay him certain amount during final delivery only. I asked him about 3M, but he is not having that, and he is also ready to provide some other things instead of sunfilms, if i opt out of it. What shall i ask, if not sunfilms?

Quote:
Congrats on your buy Prasana, If the remote is not factory fitted, i would suggest to have a look on Xenos products, I used it in my Getz and it has lifetime replacement warranty. In around 4 years only once i have been to the service center where they fixed the issue without any charge.

Note: I am not sure about the Autocop's overall performance actually.. But, We had it in our WagonR and it was malfunctioning in terms of shock sensor (everyday by midnight it use to shout)

Sure man, but i dont think dealer will provide Xenos, as it's one of the fast moving vehicles in GM brand , they are not ready to offer discounts or much freebies. Not even ready to offer corporate discount / professor dicount (Wife) and he is saying the prices may go up post December (especially for diesel vehicles). I tried my best to push for these freebies, as there are two GM dealers in Coimbatore.

Last edited by GTO : 7th December 2011 at 12:59. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another!
Old 6th December 2011, 12:57   #1736
BHPian

Ask for a under chassis treatment (around 5k)
Old 6th December 2011, 15:17   #1737
BHPian

Make : Honda
Model : City
Variant : S-MT
Fuel : Huh?
Booking Date : 3-Dec-2011
Expected Delivery Date : 17-Dec-2011
Dealer & City : Linkway Honda, Powai, Mumbai
Freebies : Insurance @ Re.1 & will try and provide car with Michelin tyres
Others : Rs. 75000 cash discount in addition to 1 Re. Insurance

Had booked a Jazz in end Sept - early October and got fed up of waiting. I work in Pune now and dont have a vehicle so didnt want to wait endlessly.

A test drive of the Honda City iVtec sealed the deal for the City. I drive my dad's (sedate) City ZX and this one's engine is a beauty in comparison.
Old 6th December 2011, 22:54   #1738
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Did i read it right? Sold a Getz CRDi for a Figo D?

Figo is a good VFM purchase, but i wonder what made you switch over from a Getz CRDi?
Old 8th December 2011, 10:15   #1739
BHPian

You read it right, but this is just happened, I moved to chennai from bangalore and decided to buy and SUV, after selling the CRDi the scene is changed.

Eventually didn't sell the Getz CRDi to buy a Ford Figo also i would not suggest anyone to do so.
Old 13th December 2011, 15:30   #1740
BHPian

Make : Maruti
Model : Ritz
Variant : Vxi
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : 13 December 2011
Color : Silky Silver
Expected Delivery Date : Ready Stock, but i'll take delivery in a week's time.
Dealer & City : Vipul Motors, NOIDA
Freebies : NONE
Others : Rs.20000 (gift cheque) + Rs.17000 (exchange bonus) + Rs.2000 (corp. discount) + Rs.1000 (dealer discount)

Maruti dealers in Delhi/NOIDA are pretty adamant regarding any extra discount over and above the year-end offers being advertised, almost a cartel-like situation (they say Maruti is pretty strict about dealers offering any discount and leaves no scope for any!)

Most Viewed