Quote:
Originally Posted by kiren View Post
Make: Maruti Suzuki
Model: Alto K10 Vxi
Booking Date: 16.12.2011
Colour: Ecru Beige
Delivery Date: 2 Weeks, asked for 2012 Registration
OTR: 3.55 Mumbai
Freebies: Mud Flap, Matting, Antirust. Llumar Sun film. Antirust, Teflon coating & Full tank Petrol.
Finance: @9.9% thru SBI.

The car was received at Dealers Godown on 27th Dec Manufactured date was 20th Dec. With ODO reading of 6Kms.

Should be taking delivery of the car either today or on Thursday.
Hi Kiran,
You have a lot of freebies there. When my neighbour booked his Alto K10, he got no freebies, but discount of Rs. 31000.
The SA showed us a letter from Maruti which says that dealers will be fined if they give any additional discounts or offer any freebies.
What discount did you get? Did you have to haggle for the freebies?
Old 11th January 2012, 12:56   #1787
Senior - BHPian

re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohi_rao View Post
OT: but posting here so that if any body has been following this thread or know of someone who has booked a Liva recently can pass on the word

Thanks for the word of caution.

It is better to use your ORVM than fold it. I am assuming you drive with folded ORVM as could be seen from your pic.
Old 11th January 2012, 18:41   #1788
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Thanks for the word of caution.

It is better to use your ORVM than fold it. I am assuming you drive with folded ORVM as could be seen from your pic.
uh oh! I am treading dangerous water here by replying to an OT. Mods spare me. But I will make it less of OT. I saw the same set of Prius and the same Liva the next day as well. This time the Liva was behind my cab till EMC2/Total mall on ORR. Something fishy!
Reply to I travel by company cab Anil sir. When the first time I opened it so that the driver can have better view, he insisted me to fold it and was proud that the rear view mirror on RH ORVM is fine for him.
Old 13th January 2012, 16:12   #1789
BHPian

• Make : Maruti Suzuki
  • Model : Ritz
  • Variant : Vxi
  • Fuel : Petrol
  • Booking Date : 16-Dec-2011
  • Color : Baker's Chocolate
  • Expected Delivery Date : 06-Jan-2012 (to make room for Jan registration)
  • Dealer & City : Mandovi Motors, Bangalore
  • Freebies : Floor Mats, Mud Flaps, Idol, Perfume
  • Total Warranty with Extended Warranty : 4 yrs / 80K kms
  • Accessories:
    • Music System (Sony + USB + 4 speakers)
    • Body paint protection (Sonax car Protect)
    • Under-chassis Coating
    • Reverse Parking Sensor with digital display
    • Remote Central Locking (Key-less Entry)
    • Sun Films (LLumar grade 35%)
    • Rear Spoiler
    • Parcel Tray
    • Body Kit
  • Pricing:
    • OTR Price --> 5.35 L
    • OTR Price with Accessories --> 5.76
    • Discounts:
      • Cash Discount + Exchange Discount + Corporate Offer = 47K
      • Discount on Accessories --> ~10%
    • Final OTR Price --> ~ 5.25 L
Coolman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2012, 07:28   #1790

Hey guys - I have a question:
I booked my Honda Brio on Dec 10, 2011 with a delivery expectation only in February, thanks to production slowdown for Honda due to Thailand floods.
Since I booked my car in 2011, will my model be called a 2011 or 2012 (when I get the delivery). What determines the model year of the car? The manufacturing year of the car or when you actually register the car?
Can the dealer also play with me by actually delivering a 2011 made Brio to me in February?
Old 14th January 2012, 12:35   #1791
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuljitcingh View Post
I booked my Honda Brio on Dec 10, 2011 with a delivery expectation only in February, thanks to production slowdown for Honda due to Thailand floods.
Since I booked my car in 2011, will my model be called a 2011 or 2012 (when I get the delivery). What determines the model year of the car? The manufacturing year of the car or when you actually register the car?
Can the dealer also play with me by actually delivering a 2011 made Brio to me in February?
Hello there,

Every car has a unique number called VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) number. With it's help you can find out the manufacturing month and year of your car. Please read this thread for more information :http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...cture-vin.html

Here you will find how to decode VIN numbers of different cars like Maruti, Honda, FIAT etc. Hope this helps
Old 14th January 2012, 18:58   #1792
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuljitcingh View Post
Don't worry mate, your dealer can't give you 2011 made car even if he wants to , as there are no stocks left of Brio. Your vehicle will be produced in 2012 & it'll be 2012 model. So chill & wait for your baby. Congrats in advance.
Old 16th January 2012, 18:14   #1793
Team-BHP Support

Help needed for a Bolero LX 4x4

I had booked a Bolero LX 4x4 (BS4) from Royal Motors (Kolkata) on
10-Dec-2011. Initially they had mentioned that I would get the car within 2 months. However at the time of booking, they mentioned on the receipt that it will take 2 to 3 months. They Salesperson had mentioned that I would be receiving regular updates on my mobile regarding the progress. Today I went to the dealer to enquire about the car, they could not give any update. The salesperson mentioned today that SMS updates are not available for Bolero and she will try to get an update in 10 days. I have got some details of the booking and posting them here. Does somebody know how to contact Mahindra directly for an update?

Enquiry # : ENQ12A007579
Customer Id : C120760785
OTF # : OTF12A001778
Booking Date : 10-Dec-2011

@Moderators, I am not sure if this the correct place to post this. Please move to appropriate section if required.
Old 16th January 2012, 18:29   #1794
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Help needed for a Bolero LX 4x4

@Blackperl. Bolero 4x4 has been discontinued since the Bolero was refreshed with the M2DI CRDe engine. I had enquired about it sometime in Aug/Sep 2011 and was told by dealer that they cannot take bookings for Bolero 4WD any longs.

Your dealer was either 1) mis informed (most likely) or 2) eager to roll your booking amount for a couple of months.

I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the only way you will get a Bolero 4WD is if there is unsold stock lying in any stockyard. You will not get new vehicle any time soon. I suggest you take your booking amount back and consider the Scorpio LX 4WD or Thar CRDe. There is a nice hard top being developed in Hyderbad/Bangalore to make it lockable. AC version of the Thar CRDe will be out shortly...
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2012, 00:14   #1795
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
@Blackperl. Bolero 4x4 has been discontinued since the Bolero was refreshed with the M2DI CRDe engine. I had enquired about it sometime in Aug/Sep 2011 and was told by dealer that they cannot take bookings for Bolero 4WD any longs.

Your dealer was either 1) mis informed (most likely) or 2) eager to roll your booking amount for a couple of months.

I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the only way you will get a Bolero 4WD is if there is unsold stock lying in any stockyard. You will not get new vehicle any time soon. I suggest you take your booking amount back and consider the Scorpio LX 4WD or Thar CRDe. There is a nice hard top being developed in Hyderbad/Bangalore to make it lockable. AC version of the Thar CRDe will be out shortly...
Thanks 4x4addict for the reply. This is bad news indeed. I had enquired about the Scorpio LX 4wd and even showed them the webpage. They did not accept the information and said that Scorpio 4wd is only available on the top end version.
Old 17th January 2012, 02:01   #1796
Senior - BHPian

Maybe you could check out the other dealer? Shree .. on VIP road.
Old 17th January 2012, 08:36   #1797
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Maybe you could check out the other dealer? Shree .. on VIP road.
Does Shree have their own vehicle assembly plant? Reason I am asking is that Mahindra is not producing these vehicles anymore in their plant as I mentioned in my first response.
Old 17th January 2012, 09:22   #1798
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Does Shree have their own vehicle assembly plant? Reason I am asking is that Mahindra is not producing these vehicles anymore in their plant as I mentioned in my first response.
Ah no
I meant checking on the
a) inventory if any and
b) Scorp LX 4WD
shuvc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2012, 10:17   #1799
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Does somebody know how to contact Mahindra directly for an update?
Talk to / PM 1100D - he should be able to put you in touch with the right people at M&M's Kolkata regional office. After all, he does have a one-off Scorpio 4wd in rocky beige, and I know where he got that from!

However, as 4x4addict said, Bolero 4wd is not in production, and your best bet is to get the Scorpio LX 4wd (of course it is available! - LOL, they even told 1100D that the Scorp VLX 4wd was not available!) or Thar CRDe. The Bolero 4wd was never produced in BS-IV specs, and even if you did get one from old inventory, it would be difficult to register in Kolkata.
SS-Traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2012, 11:36   #1800
Senior - BHPian

If Bolero LX 4X4 was available, people wouldn't be buying the THAR or Scorpio LX 4WD as the Bolero makes more sense.

I suggest writing to the top honcho's of M&M about the dealer's antics and let him run around you a bit.

Cheers
MileCruncher is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks