Variant : Zdi
Fuel : Diesel
Booking Date : 31st March
Color : White
Delivery Date : 1st april 2012
Dealer & City : Bagga Link,Delhi
Freebies : None
Otr -7.7L
Let me clarify, We went to book the car but since it was the last day of the financial year the sales guy offered zdi only if we paid on that day which we happily did after settling from the shock.My father had gone there thinking of a delivery date in december. But all's well that ends well.
Old 6th April 2012, 13:10   #1907
Team-BHP Support

re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by atulshikhar View Post
Make : Maruti
Model : Swift
Variant : Zdi
Booking Date : 31st March
Color : White
Delivery Date : 1st april 2012
Dealer & City : Bagga Link,Delhi
Freebies : None
Otr -7.7L
Let me clarify, We went to book the car but since it was the last day of the financial year the sales guy offered zdi only if we paid on that day which we happily did after settling from the shock.My father had gone there thinking of a delivery date in december. But all's well that ends well.
What!!! a waiting period of just 1 day?? This is awesome. You got delivery within 1 day, when the rest of the country has to wait for almost 1 year for ZDi. Really unfair man . Was this because he had white in stock?
Old 6th April 2012, 19:34   #1908

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK

What!!! a waiting period of just 1 day?? This is awesome. You got delivery within 1 day, when the rest of the country has to wait for almost 1 year for ZDi. Really unfair man . Was this because he had white in stock?
Yes he had stock which had arrived on that day only . Even we were shocked and suspicious but after seeing his stock details we decided to go through .
atulshikhar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2012, 22:35   #1909
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
What!!! a waiting period of just 1 day??
If I could have gone with cash in my hand, my Polo (2011 model) could have been immediate delivery. I was not able to: it took a week or two. Far from the "You get it whenever" attitude of VW sometime back, there was a noticeboard with expected delivery periods for each model
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2012, 22:37   #1910
BHPian

Make : Honda
Model : City
Variant : S MT
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : April, 7th
Color : Sparkling Brown
Expected Delivery Date : April, 20th
Dealer & City : Sundaram Motors, Hyderabad
Freebies : 3M Sun film, Permanent Registration

The dealer isn't willing to give any other freebies, anything else I can demand?

Last edited by dre@ms : 8th April 2012 at 22:44.
Old 9th April 2012, 20:52   #1911
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Permanent registration is a freebie??!! So you are getting road tax free?? That's a massive, massive discount man!
Jokes apart, its damn good that you are getting at least the 3M sun film worth 3.5k free. Most Maruti dealers give you one Ambipur car freshener and an idol, totalling 300 bucks and call it "free accessories"

Quote:
The dealer isn't willing to give any other freebies, anything else I can demand?
If you must bargain, try to get stuff like honda-badged door sils, car cover, reverse parking sensors, etc.

Last edited by KarthikK : 9th April 2012 at 20:56.
Old 9th April 2012, 21:54   #1912
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Permanent registration is a freebie??!! So you are getting road tax free?? That's a massive, massive discount man!
Jokes apart, its damn good that you are getting at least the 3M sun film worth 3.5k free. Most Maruti dealers give you one Ambipur car freshener and an idol, totalling 300 bucks and call it "free accessories"
If you must bargain, try to get stuff like honda-badged door sils, car cover, reverse parking sensors, etc.
Not sure about the road tax. But the ASM said, normally in AP, the dealers give the T/R and we have to go to RTA for the register number. In my case, he will do the registration free of cost.

Making the ASM accept 3M for free was itself a tough job, and now since I have booked, what are my chances to further ask the accessories you have mentioned?
dre@ms is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2012, 23:22   #1913
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Model : City
Variant : S MT
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : April, 7th
Color : Sparkling Brown
Expected Delivery Date : April, 20th
Dealer & City : Sundaram Motors, Hyderabad

If you are indeed getting registration free then that's a huge discount. No freebie can compensate for such a cash discount.

Dealers typically give the cheapest variants of sun-film as freebies. Ask him to specify before hand which variant of 3M sun-film will be fitted to you car. Also let him know that you will want the 5 year warranty card provided by 3M.

If you must bargain further then you can ask for stuff like car cover, reverse parking sensors etc.
Old 12th April 2012, 08:13   #1914
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagles_ts View Post
If you are indeed getting registration free then that's a huge discount. No freebie can compensate for such a cash discount.

Dealers typically give the cheapest variants of sun-film as freebies. Ask him to specify before hand which variant of 3M sun-film will be fitted to you car. Also let him know that you will want the 5 year warranty card provided by 3M.

If you must bargain further then you can ask for stuff like car cover, reverse parking sensors etc.
Is getting the permanent registration free, that much of a value? I remember the dealer saying that the cost for it is 3.5k. Anyways!

I am pushing for the body cover and the Honda pillows. Lets see how it goes.

BTW, I am demanding for Michelins, but the dealer says he is not sure what tyre comes with the car. Should I opt for any other or be stubborn?
Old 15th April 2012, 10:44   #1915
BHPian

Have booked Blazing Red Maruti Swift ZDI on 11th April with lease plan. An estimated 2 months waiting period has been informed. No confirmed date yet on the delivery

Is there anyway to track the delivery status with Maruti itself? Or just have to rely on what the dealer/leaseplan are going to confirm?
Old 16th April 2012, 12:47   #1916
BHPian

First of all, thanks GTO for the thread . It gives me immense pleasure to share my joy of booking my third car with fellow bhpians. Details are below mentioned:

Model : Jazz
Variant : X
Fuel : Petrol. No diesel available till date .
Booking Date : 15 April 2012
Color : Tafeta White
Expected Delivery Date : 8 to 10 weeks.
Dealer & City : Courtesy Honda, New Delhi.
Freebies : None.

Last edited by db0009 : 16th April 2012 at 12:50.
Old 24th April 2012, 09:10   #1917
BHPian

Sold off my 2011 Scorpio VLX and booked a Renault Fluence E2 Advantage Edition. The EX Showroom cost of the car is 12.12 (Navi Mumbai). After throwing a fit about the Handling Charges, Gen Next Renault Navi Mumbai has decided to waive off the 9000/- handling charges on the car. They quoted me 52k for the Zero Dep Insurance Policy, which I gleefully refused and I'm getting the Insurance done from my Agent for 37k (Zero Dep). The RTO Charges they quoted me was 1.06lakhs. From my research this is inflated by 10k. Checked with my Agents who said they will get the Registration done at 2.5k. I had a verbally and email volley with the Dealer CCing Renault India Customer Care to reduce the RTO Service Charge by 7k or let me do the Registration myself. The Dealer hasn't agreed, but am waiting for Renault India's response. I cited the Delhi High Court Order restricting Dealers from charging Incidental Expenses, so now lets see what the response is. (Anyone who knows Snr Renault Personal, and could help in this matter, would greatly appreciate if you could help me out). At the time of enquiry they had told me they would deliver the car by 1st or 2nd of May, but when I booked the car yestd, both the white cars they had in stock were sold out. The option is take a Black or Biege color car, else wait 12odd days for the white color car. I think I'll wait!

In short
Car and Model: Renault Fluence E2 Diesel White
Ex Showroom Cost: 12.12l
RTO Charges: 1.06l (Under Dispute)
Insurance: 37k (Self)
Total OTR : 13.55lakhs
Expected Delivery Date : 5th to 7th of May
Old 24th April 2012, 10:08   #1918
BHPian

Booked a Fluidic Verna SX(O) VTVT with Saini Hyundai, Kolkata. Colour- Silver.
Freebies - Matting.
Waiting period - approx 20-25 days, however i am trying to push them for an early delivery.
Dealership Experience - Pretty much pathetic. They hardly have any interest in selling cars, very snobbish attitude, no customer centric behaviour. I need to keep following up for each and everything.
Worst part is dealing with the Acessories department, they feel like zombies at work

Last edited by Motormania : 24th April 2012 at 10:09.
Old 24th April 2012, 20:35   #1919
BHPian

I am enjoying my fourth year with my Swift Vdi and am now buying a car for my wife. We test drove all the diesel hatches other than those with the 1.3 Multijet.
Wifey is very pleased with the drivability, Ac and space of the Ford Figo tdci. I was not pleased with the OE music system. So, we decided on the Exi. Booked it today in Diamond white. The car is to be registered tomorrow and delivered the same day!

Hunting for the Audio setup, have decided on the Alpine cde121e headunit and Infinity reference 6532i for the front doors and Morel tempo 6x9 coaxials for the rear. .Will post snaps soon...
Old 24th April 2012, 22:34   #1920
BHPian

Finally, after a lot of confusion between Jetta & Cruze, I booked the comfortline today.
Make : Volkswagen
Model : Jetta
Variant : Comfortline
Booking Date : 24 April 2012
Color : Candy White
Expected Delivery Date : June 1st week
Dealer & City : VW Downtown, Bangalore
Freebies : 48K Corporate Discount + 40% off on insurance + mats
OTR Cost : 19.75L
shivasuma is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed