Team-BHP > What Car?

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2012, 10:03   #1951
BHPian

re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Wow, That's some coincidence . Wish you a very happy birthday in advance !

Do post some pics of the red hot Jazz. It is such a standout car in this color - I fell in love instantly !

Regarding the underbody coating - I dont really think it is necessary. But the Indian in me was very reluctant to buy the car without some freebie (anything will do)

By the way, Honda does not seem to be promoting Jazz at all. I see daily ads about promotional discounts on City, Brio, Civic and Accord. But none whatsoever on Jazz
Peregrine..will post pics soon. and Happy Birthday to you too :P

and yes its a shame Honda doesnt even try to promote this car despite it being the standout car in the Honda stable(better than City in some aspects). They dont even have a test drive car in some of the showrooms in Bangalore.
It seems the margin is very less on the jazz that's why there is no discount on it.
Old 18th June 2012, 15:20   #1952

Moving on from my Alto to a Punto. The loans passed, payments made, hope I can lay my hands on this one by the Weekend.

Make : Fiat
Model : Grande Punto
Variant : Dyanmic 1.3
Fuel : Diesel
Booking Date : 09-May-2012
Color : Oceanic Blue
Expected Delivery Date : 22-Jun-2012
Dealer & City : Galaxy Motors, Mulund, Mumbai
Freebies : Matting & Mudflaps
Total Discount : INR.38,747 but spent a little extra for upgrading the insurance to Zero-Dep. Effectively, I'm paying 7,27,300 in all.
Old 19th June 2012, 10:30   #1953
BHPian

Booked my Ford Figo Titanium Diesel on sunday. Have some paperwork to sort out for the house so cannot get it registered for some days.

Still not confirmed the colour of the car to the dealer. Apparently, the white model will be slightly cheaper as it is a non metallic colour. The sales guy did not know how much cheaper so still awaiting the info.
Old 19th June 2012, 11:17   #1954
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow
Still not confirmed the colour of the car to the dealer. Apparently, the white model will be slightly cheaper as it is a non metallic colour. The sales guy did not know how much cheaper so still awaiting the info.
For titanium model, red and white is cheaper by Rs.4,300/- in Bangalore. I am yet to choose colour and then to book. The dealer is calling morning and evening to come and book as bank finace formalities is completed.
I am getting Rs.6,500/- discount on road price + mat, mudflaps, dicky mat, parking sensor, perfume, idol, 50%off on seat covers.
What freebies are you getting ? Which dealer ?
HighOctane is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2012, 14:42   #1955
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOctane

For titanium model, red and white is cheaper by Rs.4,300/- in Bangalore. I?
The metallic colors cost more everywhere for all models. Though I feel the Whites age far more gracefully.
Old 20th June 2012, 13:18   #1956
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOctane View Post
For titanium model, red and white is cheaper by Rs.4,300/- in Bangalore. I am yet to choose colour and then to book. The dealer is calling morning and evening to come and book as bank finace formalities is completed.
I am getting Rs.6,500/- discount on road price + mat, mudflaps, dicky mat, parking sensor, perfume, idol, 50%off on seat covers.
I have booked the car through Wasan Ford in Mumbai. He has given me free insurance and a corporate discount of 10k, so in all around 30k. Also, I am getting mudflaps, all mats, scuff plate (looks very cool on the Ford site), sunfilms and am trying to the the seat covers as well.
Would suggest you drop a booking amount since the diesel excise situation can really ruin plans. If the white is 4300 cheaper, then I will definitely get the seat covers comped as they are for 4300 on the Ford website
Old 22nd June 2012, 09:49   #1957
BHPian

Initially no one in family wanted to buy a new car unless we get possession of our new home. But reading TOI 2.55L for diesel everyone suddenly asked me if I wanted to buy now & the obvious answer was YES.

After multiple confusions & multiple discussion reading I finally driven the RAPID, LINEA 2012 & MANZA (All diesel).

And booked FIAT LINEA EMOTION 2012 DIESEL.

The cost Ex-Thane was 1070613 (For metallic) which includs
Ex-Showroom -- 921051
Insurance -- 32347
Registration -- 108316
Extended Warranty (2 + 2 Years) -- 5399
Handling Charges -- 3500

I wanted to sell off my old Accent as it was 10 years old & had done 105000 + on odometer. (It has a small piston ring problem so now it started drinking more oil). And was expecting at least 1L for the same though I knew it is difficult.
After lot of struggle he agreed for 70K for my car & 30K as a exchange bonus so in total 1L

Then comes next negotiation. I checked if he has something like corporate discount & for my Wife's company 4K was waiting.

Then further down the discussion he agreed to wave off the handling charges & then finally the extended warranty charges.

So the deal was now 957714 & I said make it round to 957700 & he agreed.

So final deal was 957700 on road for FIAT LINEA EMOTION 2012 DIESEL.

freebees added later on is only mud flaps & I pay for matting (1300 standard matting & 600 for dicky mat)

I also asked him for anti rust coating & he said 4200 for 5 years warranty & 10 service free. I said 3500 he settled to 3800 & I said OK.

Loan taken from SBI (No prepayment penalty & tenure of 7 years with 11.25%)

Yes 6600 processing fee for loan.

Do you think the deal was good????

Last edited by Modifiedsachin : 22nd June 2012 at 09:51. Reason: spelling mistake
Old 22nd June 2012, 12:36   #1958

Quote:
@ HighOctane -> Which dealer in Bangalore is offering this discount on Titanium Diesel? I checked with Elite Ford and Metro. Can you pls send me the details? Thx
Old 22nd June 2012, 14:31   #1959
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhatmilan

@ HighOctane -> Which dealer in Bangalore is offering this discount on Titanium Diesel? I checked with Elite Ford and Metro. Can you pls send me the details? Thx
Its in Metro Ford at Palace cross road. Contact Ms.Meghana Sales Manager. To get the deal, you should not ask at first visit. At least 2 visits and later you need to tell that you are looking into Toyota Liva also, then they will offer such things. I said cauvery ford is offering freebies, then Metro Ford agreed to give these.
Note: This offer is for tdci titanium model.

Last edited by HighOctane : 22nd June 2012 at 14:35.
HighOctane is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2012, 15:39   #1960

Quote:
Its in Metro Ford at Palace cross road. Contact Ms.Meghana Sales Manager. To get the deal, you should not ask at first visit. At least 2 visits and later you need to tell that you are looking into Toyota Liva also, then they will offer such things. I said cauvery ford is offering freebies, then Metro Ford agreed to give these.
Note: This offer is for tdci titanium model.
I contacted Lathangi Ford today. They offered me 6k cash discount on OTR price and free accessories worth 10k. Is it a good deal or shall I negotiate further? SA said TDCI cars are ready for delivery.
Old 23rd June 2012, 14:56   #1961
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhatmilan

I contacted Lathangi Ford today. They offered me 6k cash discount on OTR price and free accessories worth 10k. Is it a good deal or shall I negotiate further? SA said TDCI cars are ready for delivery.
Its a good deal actually. In fact Kirthi Raj from Lathangi Ford offered me the same deal, but I rejected his offer due to his attitude. Yes tdci cars are available off the shelf, but depends on the colour.
Did you check figo face lift coming in 2-3 months ? There are some changes in head lights, tail lamp and front air dam and may be the shape of fog lamps. Also added 3 new colours wuth changes done to suspension. A guy in ford comfirmed this and it seems there is no change in the engine.

Last edited by HighOctane : 23rd June 2012 at 15:04.
Old 26th June 2012, 11:22   #1962
BHPian

Have booked a Scorpio and hopefully will be taking the delivery at the end of this month.

Make : Mahindra
Model : Scorpio
Variant : SLE
Booking Date : 9th June 2012
Color : White
Expected Delivery Date : 30th June 2012
Dealer & City : MPL Automobiles, Chennai
Freebies : None as of now. The Sales advisor has not spoken about any freebies or discounts. Need to check again.Probably am not bargaining much.
Others : TATA corporate discount only applies now. Reduction of 5500/- on the cost of the vehicle.

Do they really not give any discounts or is he taking me for a ride??? The SA says that they give only accessories as freebies and no cash discounts are applicable.

Rgds,
Old 26th June 2012, 14:59   #1963

hey Folks - this post has been way long overdue ! been an observer on this brilliant Forum for ages .....have helped a lot more of friends, family , collegues , based on information from this forum.

Great work guys and the community which keeps it ticking.

Its been a while we have been cosidering to buy a new auto, and finally decided on the XUV 500 - W8. this one meets all our needs for in city driving and the frequent outings the family has.

the date to watch out was 8th june, when the bookings opened , and the wife (shall we call the BOSS), was at the showroom to book the beast!

The RM was a pleasant guy, a chap named Sameer , who walked through the process, mentioned the points at which the messages will be sent.

So as of now, we are waiting for an aniticipated date of delivery. have followed up with the india garage guys and i am told, they are in the equal state of helpless ness as I.

Wanted to check with the larger group here, in terms of experiences earlier - is this normal? ( the last time i bought a car, about 7 years back - paid cash and drove home )

I just dont want to be put on the last of the list - is there a way to get on the top of the list , the right way.
Old 26th June 2012, 20:06   #1964
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psudhindra View Post
Its been a while we have been considering to buy a new auto, and finally decided on the XUV 500 - W8. this one meets all our needs for in city driving and the frequent outings the family has.

the date to watch out was 8th june, when the bookings opened , and the wife (shall we call the BOSS), was at the showroom to book the beast!

The RM was a pleasant guy, a chap named Sameer , who walked through the process, mentioned the points at which the messages will be sent.

So as of now, we are waiting for an aniticipated date of delivery. have followed up with the india garage guys and i am told, they are in the equal state of helpless ness as I.

Wanted to check with the larger group here, in terms of experiences earlier
Time to change my scorpio 80K km in 2 years. Need a 7 seater for my family use and long drives. The raods to the places I travel frequently have now become better.
Wife dragged me to India Garage on Jun 8th but the moment I sat in the last bench, felt the HUGE boot space, the XUV 500 was off my list. Sameer tried his charms to make me book but my money is safe. Considering my previous India Garbage experience while booking / taking delivery of my Scorpio, their assurance of 3 month delivery has to be taken with a pinch of salt as all India bookings have exceeded MM expectations and now they are saying 5 to 6 months waiting period.
Keep bugging their RM / who ever on getting your vehicle allotted fast.

I needed to change my Scorpio as it was fast reaching the 80K service milestone (really costly in MM) and my insurance was up for renewal along with some clutch and brake work. Didnt want to spend a bomb on a old car.

Force One was tossed the moment we knew it didnt have ABS. (sir you dont need ABS unless you travel long distance - This comment was at Toyota second hand car dealership) Did check out the ForceOne though just to see what I was missing and seriously one would miss nothing by not booking that car. The fit and finish is worse that Scorpio or for that matter their TT. (We do have a TT in our family)

Finally decided to go for Innova GX8 which has ABS and one airbag even though their back seat comfort is nothing much to write about. Since there are 7 Innovas that have done 2 lakh km in the family, and good enough to carry 7 people and decent luggage space, booked it today after trading in my used Scorpio.
Hopefully the Innova will run its course of 2 lakhs km with me
Best regards
Bala
Old 27th June 2012, 01:17   #1965
BHPian

Make : BMW
Model : 320D
Variant : Exclusive Edition
Booking Date : 27th June
Color : Deep Sea Blue