Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2012, 20:53   #2041
HJD

re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

After canceling my initial booking due to some loan processing issues (2 weeks ago), I have finally booked my car.

Following are the details:

Make :
Maruti
Model : Swift
Variant : Vxi
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : 30 July 2012
Color : Silver
Expected Delivery Date : 09 August 2012
Dealer & City : Sambhav Motors, Mumbai
Freebies : Mud Flaps, Floor Mats, Teflon Coating, Steering Cover, Sun Film, Ganesha Idol
Others : Rs. 4000 Cash Discount

Still looking for a decent Audio System around 15k.
Old 31st July 2012, 10:15   #2042
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartindboy View Post
Took the delivery today, it is the Sparkling Brown Metallic, will open the initial ownership report soon.
The drive to home showed an average of 15kmpl, boy I am excited.
The 'Eco' would certainly help in inducing some sanity in the driving.
Stock ICE is perfect for me. :thumbs

Let me save some for my ownership report.

Note from Support. Post edited. Please limit smileys to 2/post. Thanks!
What was the OTR price and break up ?
Old 31st July 2012, 16:06   #2043
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by compenn View Post
What was the OTR price and break up ?
9.5 OTR in Hyderabad
No freebees
Includes honda offer (extended warranty + zero dep insurance free for one year + RSA).
Old 1st August 2012, 14:24   #2044
BHPian

Dear Members,

I am new to the forum & need your guidance.

I have booked a new Wagon R Lxi - CNG on 16th July 2012. The dealer offered the standard Maruti Discount of INR. 17,000/- + Music System. My loan approval got delayed & will now get it in August 2012.

Please advise, incase there is any change in discount value from Maruti, what price do I pay. The price quoted during booking or the price prevalant during delivery??

Thanks in advance.
Old 1st August 2012, 15:26   #2045
BHPian

Re: Candy White Skoda Rapid TDI Elegance

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDon View Post
Just booked the Skoda Rapid TDI Elegance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by autotranny View Post
Congrats and looking forward to seeing it. Lets burn some rubber during the next drive meet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDon View Post
If I can manage to complete the run-in, Yes - Looking forward to burn some rubber !
A sudden slew of developments and I saw myself postponing the booking. Yucks.
A combination of personal & work-related changes.
In all probability, I should take the same in Feb 2013 at the same dealer. A rare chance that I might be scouting for a dealer in Bangalore.
Old 1st August 2012, 15:39   #2046
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnavpaitandy View Post
Dear Members,

Please advise, incase there is any change in discount value from Maruti, what price do I pay. The price quoted during booking or the price prevalant during delivery??

Thanks in advance.
Its always the price at the time of delivery. With mutual understanding, this can be avoided. You got to talk to the dealer and may be get it in writing.
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2012, 13:31   #2047

Re: Toyota Fortuner 4x2 (MT & Automatic) : Test Drive & Review

I recently booked a White 4*4 Fortuner. The showroom salesperson told me that it will take a month before I get my hands on the SUV. I have opted for their insurance (Seems reasonable to me). The registration is quite high, but I will also tell them to get it done for me as I do not have time to haggle with the required persons myself. On the accessories front I opted for the bull bar, the side cladding, the Sun/rain visors (Much needed in Shillong) and the muffler cutter. Will be posting up pics from Shillong as soon as the SUV arrives. Any suggestions or queries are welcomed.
Old 6th August 2012, 01:35   #2048
BHPian

Re: Toyota Fortuner 4x2 (MT & Automatic) : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by fretcraze View Post
I recently booked a White 4*4 Fortuner. The showroom salesperson told me that it will take a month before I get my hands on the SUV. I have opted for their insurance (Seems reasonable to me). The registration is quite high, but I will also tell them to get it done for me as I do not have time to haggle with the required persons myself. On the accessories front I opted for the bull bar, the side cladding, the Sun/rain visors (Much needed in Shillong) and the muffler cutter. Will be posting up pics from Shillong as soon as the SUV arrives. Any suggestions or queries are welcomed.
Congratulations on your booking. Very nice choice of a vehicle and you really made a wise choice of opting for a 4x4. Rest assured that you will love the beast and also you will find many threads relating to the sheer quality and sturdiness of the Fortuner. Me included.

Ahmed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2012, 01:04   #2049
BHPian

Make : Honda
Model : City
Variant : Corporate Edition
Fuel : Petrol really
Booking Date : 06-08-2012
Color : Alabaster Silver Metallic
Dealer & City : Abhikaran Honda, Indore
Freebies : Dealer will let me know tomorrow (on 07-08-2012)
Others : No offer on Corporate Edition

Guys, the dealer didn't offer me any discount on Corporate Edition. Has anyone got any discount recently on the CE? If yes, then how should I proceed?

Last edited by sarthakgupta : 7th August 2012 at 01:09.
Old 8th August 2012, 07:30   #2050
PVS
BHPian

Make : Maruti
Model : WAGON R
Variant :Vxi
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : 07th August 2012
Color : Silver
Expected Delivery Date : 08th August 2012
Dealer & City : Mithra Agencies, Himayathnagar, Hyderabad
Freebies : Mud Flaps, Floor Mats, Leather Seat Covers, Rear Parking Sensors, Steering Wheel Grip, Cell Phone Charger
Others : Loyalty Bonus & Corporate Discounts offered.

Last edited by PVS : 8th August 2012 at 07:40.
Old 8th August 2012, 14:59   #2051
Distinguished - BHPian

BMW 328i - Sportline
Color - White
Interior - Coral Red

Cant wait !!
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2012, 17:50   #2052
BHPian

Guys, one question:

I would like to book an Ertiga, right now I am abroad and will only return back in Jan 2013. Obviously, I dont want to book the car when i return, as i will have to wait even longer.

Can you tell me if it is possible to book it now while physically away? Is there any loop hole or problems?

This is for ZDi

Last edited by aerohit : 10th August 2012 at 17:59.
Old 10th August 2012, 19:29   #2053
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarthakgupta View Post
Make : Honda
Model : City
Variant : Corporate Edition
Fuel : Petrol really
Booking Date : 06-08-2012
Color : Alabaster Silver Metallic
Dealer & City : Abhikaran Honda, Indore
Freebies : Dealer will let me know tomorrow (on 07-08-2012)
Others : No offer on Corporate Edition

Guys, the dealer didn't offer me any discount on Corporate Edition. Has anyone got any discount recently on the CE? If yes, then how should I proceed?
Corporate Edition's Ex-showroom price in Kolkata hiked Rs.33.1K (as follows):

Before 16.03.2012 Rs.706000
From 16.03.2012 Rs.716500
Seen before 18.07.2012 Rs.734000
From 18.07.2012 Rs.739100

Whereas price of its higher variants i.e. EMT, SMT, VMT has been enhanced by rupees 19.7K, 23.2K and 26.7K respectively during the last four months when 3 price hikes are there.

From the above it appears that CE's price has been hiked most. Honda wanted to advertise the CE but to sell other costly variants - S or V model which may also be readily available with the dealer.

When my City CE car arrived in the dealers premises in March 2012 on query I came to know that nearly 80-90 city had come out of which only 1 (one) CE has been received and every dealer is getting one CE per month. It appears as a policy matter of the company and not a production issue. CE and its price (as was Rs.6.99 lakh for Delhi, 7.06 for Kolkata) are for showing but for selling the others which may earn money for them.

Now value has been recalibrated; and if thier policy changes to despath numerour CE the dealers may offer discount at par with other variants, if any. Normally Honda dealers do not offer any discount - they stright say "No Discount , Sir".

No discounts was offered or allowed on my City CE (it was probably the 2nd despatched in February to the dealer, Pinnacle Honda in Kolkata) delivered in March 2012. Only 2% discount (amounting Rs.1341.00) on earnest request was allowed on accessories. And no freebies at all - even a perfume.

However, it may be enquired as to how mach City CE is being received by your dealer now - as senerio may change with the price hike of 33.1K being the maximum on CE since introducion of New City 2012? Your "Q" no is also important for burgaining on discount, if any.

At present benefit upto Rs.35000 is being offered on City (with only insurance @ Rs.1 + Extended warranty + Road Side Assistance) as seen in news paper advertisement.

However, the City is excellent. I crossed the mileage 25kmpl (at the speed of 35kmph to 60kmph) on a trip of 35km with AC off and widows closed. And with 100% AC it is upto 16/17kmpl. I think I will cross the limit some day lateron. With it's ECO indicator is fun to drive.

So, go ahead even if there is no special discount. At least benefit upto Rs.35000 is with you if CE is invoiced before closure of the offer.
Old 10th August 2012, 21:50   #2054
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohit
Guys, one question:

I would like to book an Ertiga, right now I am abroad and will only return back in Jan 2013. Obviously, I dont want to book the car when i return, as i will have to wait even longer.

Can you tell me if it is possible to book it now while physically away? Is there any loop hole or problems?

This is for ZDi
You can book the car and don't have to be physically present. Call the dealership, confirm the model, color, price etc and send them the cheque for the booking amount (or Bank Transfer) along with your PAN Card copy. Only once the car is allotted to you, do you need to sign the RTO papers etc. Even if you are not in India at that time, you can download the forms online, sign them and send them to the dealership along with your address details.
I have bought 2cars without ever visiting the concerned dealership. Only landed up to take delivery.
mohandasnikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2012, 17:24   #2055
BHPian

Just finished my PDI at the wasan ford stock yard. The diamond white looks brilliant on the Figo. The registration is wants left now and the dealer tells me that will take around 5 working days. Can't wait to get my hands on the car.

The "I Booked my Car" Thread-image3902193032.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks