Team-BHP > What Car?

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2012, 21:09   #2056
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow
Just finished my PDI at the wasan ford stock yard. The diamond white looks brilliant on the Figo.
It looks bigger in white. Congrats !
Old 13th August 2012, 02:27   #2057
BHPian

re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Just came across this thread.

Booked Hyundai EON Magna+ for my wife who is not going to drive the vehicle more,but she said she cant handle the safari alone and every time i need to hire a driver.

its a Grey color(was supposed to get the delivery last month 29th), when i was in India but unfortunately the dealership Finance guy goofed up the process and it was delayed and didn't happened before i was above to leave India. And was not happy with there knowledge on finance from the finance incharge, so reached my contacts for the Loan which was finally approved after 1 week of time, but my wife is reluctant to take the delivery without me.
Old 13th August 2012, 11:07   #2058
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDY_RACER View Post

Booked Hyundai EON Magna+ for my wife
Congrats SPEEDY_RACER. Could you please share the OTR Price for EON Magna+?

We are very close on booking the same car for my wife too. Also, are there any discounts/offers on the EON?
Old 13th August 2012, 13:26   #2059
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Congrats SPEEDY_RACER. Could you please share the OTR Price for EON Magna+?

We are very close on booking the same car for my wife too. Also, are there any discounts/offers on the EON?

we were getting Free Insurance(which is close to 12,000 rs).
body cover, mats, perfume(which would be default) also i am getting the body color OVRM(With 50% discount).

the OTR price was close to 4.2 lakhs.
SPEEDY_RACER is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2012, 13:28   #2060
BHPian

After test drivings the following cars

1) Renault Duster
2) VW Vento (manual diesel and petrol auto).
3) Skoda Rapid (again manual diesel and petrol auto - and for some reason the diesel Skoda felt like driving a small truck Lol!).
4) Honda City
5) T-Jet

and considering preowned cars like Civic, Accord,

finally booked a T-Jet!! Perfect driver's car and like GTO said felt like a vault! An Italian vault.
johy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th August 2012, 13:44   #2061
BHPian

Quote:

Booked Hyundai EON Magna+ for my wife

but my wife is reluctant to take the delivery without me.
Hi Guru's,

Just need small decision on this as my wife is very reluctant to take the delivery of the vehicle, and due to unforeseen situation she is coming to meet me in Europe and we have to delay the Delivery of the vehicle.

what i am planning to do is: Already made the full payment, and the delivery was on next Friday being a good day for her, but she is travelling on Wednesday.

so we have already spoken with the Sales manager and for us the vehicle would not be allotted, until unless we confirm them, is there any risk on this process, we are planning to take a letter from the showroom on this or just take the VIN No and chasis no and then keep the vehicle in the stock yard and once i am back, after a month then take the delivery.

Mods if this is not the right place and feel out of TBHP rules kindly delete the post.
Old 17th August 2012, 22:35   #2062
BHPian

After driving the Palio Stile SLX 1.1 for close to 5 years now, it was time to upgrade. These 5 years of driving this car made the deciding process a lot less complicated:

1. It has to be a petrol
2. It has to be FIAT

That narrowed down the choices to just 2 - the Punto or the Linea

Now we decided it has to be a Sedan. So that just left me with the Linea. Having decided that, it was time to decide the variant.

The only logical choice was one of the variants of the 2012 Linea 1.4 Fire. That is till I took the T-Jet for a test drive. That single drive changed the whole equation for me. That drive took me back to 2001 when I first drove my BMW in Australia and my wife who was with me during the TD was confused as to what I was grinning at. Half way into the TD, the decision was already made. The FIAT Linea T-Jet would be my next car. Period. This was in Feb 2012. I had to travel to the US on business and decided to pick the car up when I come back. Now I am back and then I found out the FIAT stopped production in May / June last year. I was disappointed and searched high and low to find out if FIAT has any plans on bringing this car back. No conclusive information. Then I found out that FIAT still had some stock, for which they were offering huge discounts.

Out of the blue a friend and a fellow BHPian calls and asks me -

Prerana Motors is offering massive discounts on petrol cars. Are you looking for an upgrade? My instant reply was - "Yes, provided it is the Linea T-Jet"

Prerana has a Bossa Nova White Oct 2010 T-Jet and is offering OTR price of 8.1 L. The car is in the dealer's stock yard and I can get it in a matter of 2 to 3 days. They also have a Tuscan wine T-Jet Plus - June 2011 - offered at 8.9 L OTR. My mind was made up. I wanted the T-Jet. Not the PLUS variant. Although the alloys are drool worthy, I hated the leather. Did not make any sense picking up a car with OE leather seats and then shelling out another 40 K + to get it changed to Nappa from Stanley, not to mention that I cannot afford it right away.

Although the BNW was the only choice, not to mention almost 2 years old, I decided to go to the dealer's stock yard and do a PDI. I was braced for disappointment when we drove into the dealer's stock yard and here is what I found:

The "I Booked my Car" Thread-wp_000074.jpg

After I picked up my jaw from the floor, I looked the car over with a fine tooth comb and was pleased with what I saw:

The "I Booked my Car" Thread-wp_000073.jpg

The "I Booked my Car" Thread-wp_000075.jpg

The "I Booked my Car" Thread-wp_000079.jpg

Also got the car hoisted up and did not find any rust anywhere. The chassis still had the new (as in unused) metal lusture.

Now it was a battle between the head and heart.

Head : Risk so much money on a 2 year old car?
Heart : Technically, it is new. I am the first owner.
Head : 148 kms? What if this was used for TD?
Heart : FIAT builds cars that can endure 70K kms of abuse(my Palio ). So, what is 148 kms?
Head : Right, but what if you have never ending niggles?
Heart : Get in the car and drive. The engine will soothe your nerves, not to mention warranty + extended warranty
Head : What about A.S.S?
Heart : What about it? After all the horror stories, don't you see enough Skodas on the road?
Head : I give up.
Heart : Thanks. It was about time

Cheque signed, Palio handed over, finance arranged, blah blah.

Should have the car by Wednesday

Rajan

PS : The 8.1 L initial offer went down some more ( 2010 model + friendship)
PPS: Wanted - Good home for this TW T-Jet Plus.
Attached Thumbnails
The "I Booked my Car" Thread-wp_000076.jpg  

PatchyBoy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th August 2012, 22:52   #2063
Team-BHP Support

Congrats Patchyboy, and welcome to the t-Jetters club . Good to see this one found a superb home and owner. Happy mile-clocking with the t-jet. That deal is definitely mouth watering. When I picked up the T-Jet+ last year for 11.1L, the T-Jet (non-plus) was priced around 10.4L, so the 8.1L price that is offered to you is really good VFM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchyBoy View Post
Although the alloys are drool worthy, I hated the leather. Did not make any sense picking up a car with OE leather seats and then shelling out another 40 K + to get it changed to Nappa from Stanley, not to mention that I cannot afford it right away.
I didn't understand this part. Why would you want to change to local Stanley seats when the T-Jet+ comes with more premium full leather seats shipped from Italy? Or do you mean you don't like leather at all? (in which case I have no right to comment on personal preferences )

Quote:
Head : Right, but what if you have never ending niggles?
Heart : Get in the car and drive. The engine will soothe your nerves, not to mention warranty + extended warranty
Head : What about A.S.S?
Heart : What about it? After all the horror stories, don't you see enough Skodas on the road?
You shouldn't be having too many niggles. The first batch of Lineas (non t-jets) did have some niggles, but I am yet to hear of niggles from T-Jets. Most T-Jet owners seem to be satisfied and have had trouble-free experiences till date, barring very minor issues like rattles which are taken care of in a jiffy. Prerana service has been superb for me. I have no complaints whatsoever.

Last edited by KarthikK : 17th August 2012 at 22:58.
Old 17th August 2012, 23:00   #2064
BHPian

^^ Thanks KarthikK.

The imported premium Italian leather does not just cut it IMHO. The nappa from Stanley is far superior, not to mention one gets stuck with beige (so bloody hard to maintain). Sad that FIAT does not offer colour options.

I have a theme in mind (this is a sports sedan, begging to be treated like one), which would require replacement of the beige in the interiors - leather or no leather - and it is easier (read convincing the spouse) to replace fabric

Rajan

Last edited by PatchyBoy : 17th August 2012 at 23:03.
Old 17th August 2012, 23:30   #2065
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guru's,

Just need small decision on this as my wife is very reluctant to take the delivery of the vehicle, and due to unforeseen situation she is coming to meet me in Europe and we have to delay the Delivery of the vehicle.

what i am planning to do is: Already made the full payment, and the delivery was on next Friday being a good day for her, but she is travelling on Wednesday.

so we have already spoken with the Sales manager and for us the vehicle would not be allotted, until unless we confirm them, is there any risk on this process, we are planning to take a letter from the showroom on this or just take the VIN No and chasis no and then keep the vehicle in the stock yard and once i am back, after a month then take the delivery.

Mods if this is not the right place and feel out of TBHP rules kindly delete the post.
Instead, why can't you get a letter from the dealership saying that you have paid Rs.XYZ/- and that you would take the delivery of the car once you intimate them/come back to India. You need not hold back the car which has come to the stockyard now. Once you are back in India, intimate them so that you will get a car from the next batch.
Old 18th August 2012, 01:06   #2066
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by callvvijay View Post
Instead, why can't you get a letter from the dealership saying that you have paid Rs.XYZ/- and that you would take the delivery of the car once you intimate them/come back to India. You need not hold back the car which has come to the stockyard now. Once you are back in India, intimate them so that you will get a car from the next batch.
Thanks for this but the car which was allotted has already been started from Chennai plant and reach here on Monday, but my wife is starting on Tuesday night so i believe that would not be the case.

but will check with the dealer tommorow..
Old 18th August 2012, 06:40   #2067
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchyBoy View Post
PS : The 8.1 L initial offer went down some more ( 2010 model + friendship)
PPS: Wanted - Good home for this TW T-Jet Plus.
Thats almost the price I got my 90HP for!
Quote:
Originally Posted by johy View Post
finally booked a T-Jet!! Perfect driver's car and like GTO said felt like a vault! An Italian vault.
Whats the OTR and make?

Congrats guys! I really wish to drive this car. Will be heading to the dealerships this weekend to see if any of them has stock.
Old 18th August 2012, 07:46   #2068
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Whats the OTR and make?

Congrats guys! I really wish to drive this car. Will be heading to the dealerships this weekend to see if any of them has stock.

Well, the OTR price is 8.7L for me (with extended warranty). The price could come down 1L less if I would go for the exchange offer, but they were not offering a good-enough rate for my Baleno (Exchange bonus + dealer offer for Baleno < Selling Baleno to a friend).

So technically, if one goes for the exchange bonus the price would be 7.7L (with exchange bonus)

This is a June 2011 (29th June)-manufactured T-Jet Plus. OT: I like leather seats a lot and think the T-Jet Plus's seat though not top of the line are decent enough.Getting good after-market leather seats in Siliguri can be a pain in the backside.

Go rush to the dealer I say.

Last edited by johy : 18th August 2012 at 07:57.
Old 18th August 2012, 08:10   #2069
BHPian

Booked a Polo (petrol) 1.6, reflex silver from World Class auto dealer, Delhi.
Expected delivery time is 3-4 weeks.
Let the waiting begin...
Old 18th August 2012, 08:15   #2070
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johy View Post
The price could come down 1L less if I would go for the exchange offer, but they were not offering a good-enough rate for my Baleno (Exchange bonus + dealer offer for Baleno < Selling Baleno to a friend).
Dealers in Bangalore offer the 1 Lakh exchange bonus, even if you sell the car outside. Why don't you explore that a bit. You might end up still selling to a friend and also get the extra 1 lakh

BTW, how much is the road tax in Siliguri?

Rajan

Most Viewed