Make : Hyundai
Model : i20
Variant : Asta
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : 12th September 2012
Color : White
Expected Delivery Date : 19th September 2012
Dealer & City : Concept Hyundai, Ahmedabad
Freebies: Scratch Card (1-20gm gold coin)
Accessories : Car Cover, Mud flaps, Matting, Teflon coating
OTR Cost : 6.6L (including maximum discounts available as on booking date)
Loan Amount : 3L (Bank Of Baroda - Got a deal @ 11 % interest for 3 years against FD's in their bank of the same amount as the loan)
Old 13th September 2012, 15:55   #2102
BHPian

re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
Man, you sure got guts! Congrats on the new buy.

P.S: I own a 2012 Punto too :P
Thanks, but now you are making me nervous
I know Fiats come with their own share of niggling issues but are there any major irritants in your Punto?
Old 13th September 2012, 17:04   #2103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
As per what i am aware once the full payment is made the dealer, they cannot hold a car..it has to get registered. There is a certain time frame within which they can hold registration. In my case i want delivery of my new car next month but i have to make payment this month itself as the billing of the car is done in this month. I am registering it and keeping it at the dealership till i want to take delivery of it.

The safest thing that you could have done was to ask for your no and similtanously talk to the dealership to hold the delivery till the required date. The other thing you could have done was hold payment and just pay a booking amount and make payments once you were back. This would have had a car alloted freshly to you on your return. In the current situation you have two choices. Take the vehicle as it is or then reregister the vehicle to a no of your choice. If you have been charged for the current no, inform the dealership that since it was not of your choice you wont be paying for it.
I have told them to do a TR registration, for which they have agreed, but now they have done a Permanent registration and yes i have paid token amount of 5k for the no. which is of not my choice.. i am going to speak with them on 6th of October.
Old 13th September 2012, 17:12   #2104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane_100 View Post
Thanks, but now you are making me nervous
I know Fiats come with their own share of niggling issues but are there any major irritants in your Punto?
Well, my Punto(had 2009 Punto as well) is nearing 20,000km and there has been absolutely no niggles at all. Touch wood. But having owned two Puntos, I'm very very dissapointed with the car's performance, especially the first two short gears. They absolutely suck big time and can test your patience on long drives. Add to it the turbo lag, and in general, the state of tune of the engine, doesn't make the car very friendly to drive in Indian conditions.

In your case, did you consider the Rapid or the Vento? The 1.6 they have will eat the 1.3MJD for breakfast. Of course, maintanence cost will be higher, but when you are shelling out ~12L, I don't think you would mind an extra 3-5k on maintanence every year. Also, Linea has become a little long on the tooth now, when there are equally capable but more contemporary cars available, why not consider them?

I'm sorry if I'm offending your thought process to your decision. Just that I want you to make a little more objective decision. Ignore everything, if you are a Fiat fan.
Old 13th September 2012, 17:34   #2105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
Well, my Punto(had 2009 Punto as well) is nearing 20,000km and there has been absolutely no niggles at all. Touch wood. But having owned two Puntos, I'm very very dissapointed with the car's performance, especially the first two short gears. They absolutely suck big time and can test your patience on long drives. Add to it the turbo lag, and in general, the state of tune of the engine, doesn't make the car very friendly to drive in Indian conditions.

In your case, did you consider the Rapid or the Vento? The 1.6 they have will eat the 1.3MJD for breakfast. Of course, maintanence cost will be higher, but when you are shelling out ~12L, I don't think you would mind an extra 3-5k on maintanence every year. Also, Linea has become a little long on the tooth now, when there are equally capable but more contemporary cars available, why not consider them?

I'm sorry if I'm offending your thought process to your decision. Just that I want you to make a little more objective decision. Ignore everything, if you are a Fiat fan.
Absolutely no offence taken. Objectively, the points you made are absolutely right. But, somethings which made me go the Linea way:

1. First of all I am brand neutral and am concerned with only the product, service and maintenance. Dont care a damn abt brand value

2. I was looking for some thing like a 2+2 grand tourer of sorts. Linea with its long wheel base, comfortable driving seat (for me), fantastic dynamics score over others.

3. Gc of Linea gives you peace of mind when on unfamiliar roads.

4. Though not outrightly fast, it's a good cruiser which can maintain 90-110 speeds fairly easily. I won't drive beyond that speed.

5. I found all the other cars falling short on one or the other point.

6. Looks. though like the vento and verna's as well.

Having said these, if i was primarily looking for commuting to office and short distances in and around the city, I would have picked up the Vento :-)
Old 13th September 2012, 17:56   #2106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sups View Post
In the month of February, Liva GD SP has on-road cost of about 6.75L without ant accessory. Has the cost really increased that much?

I think the pricing changed sometime back. It is 7.33 lacs on road which has a 13k worth accessories pack. I have not opted in for the pack and got a discount of 10k as this is a new interior (black n beige) / fresh stock instead of earlier 20k for the old (black n grey) interior version.

So my landing cost is 7.1 lacs. I am putting in all the accessories at the dealership itself and its about 42k minus the seat covers (not to my liking - so waiting for a week or so for fresh stock or will fit from outside - hate doing that) which will add another 8k.

Getting the delivery tomorrow (Friday 14th Sept 2012)
Old 13th September 2012, 19:50   #2107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane_100 View Post
Absolutely no offence taken. Objectively, the points you made are absolutely right. But, somethings which made me go the Linea way:

1. First of all I am brand neutral and am concerned with only the product, service and maintenance. Dont care a damn abt brand value

2. I was looking for some thing like a 2+2 grand tourer of sorts. Linea with its long wheel base, comfortable driving seat (for me), fantastic dynamics score over others.

3. Gc of Linea gives you peace of mind when on unfamiliar roads.

4. Though not outrightly fast, it's a good cruiser which can maintain 90-110 speeds fairly easily. I won't drive beyond that speed.

5. I found all the other cars falling short on one or the other point.

6. Looks. though like the vento and verna's as well.

Having said these, if i was primarily looking for commuting to office and short distances in and around the city, I would have picked up the Vento :-)
Now, it sounds like a wise decision. Enjoy lots and lots of happy miles with the car. ATB!
Old 14th September 2012, 08:25   #2108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-rare-one View Post
I think the pricing changed sometime back. It is 7.33 lacs on road which has a 13k worth accessories pack. I have not opted in for the pack and got a discount of 10k as this is a new interior (black n beige) / fresh stock instead of earlier 20k for the old (black n grey) interior version.

So my landing cost is 7.1 lacs. I am putting in all the accessories at the dealership itself and its about 42k minus the seat covers (not to my liking - so waiting for a week or so for fresh stock or will fit from outside - hate doing that) which will add another 8k.

Getting the delivery tomorrow (Friday 14th Sept 2012)
Congratulations for the new Liva.

So it seems that there is an increase of more than 25K compared to February prices. Only icing in the cake is that the new interior looks relatively better now.

What are the 42K accessories? I hope you are getting underbody 3M coating done to insulate the engine noise.
Old 14th September 2012, 10:30   #2109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDY_RACER View Post
I have told them to do a TR registration, for which they have agreed, but now they have done a Permanent registration and yes i have paid token amount of 5k for the no. which is of not my choice.. i am going to speak with them on 6th of October.
TR reg is what the car comes with and its not what they can give you the car with. If you have paid a token amount for your desired no then they cannot change it to a no of their choice. If say the no u asked for is 555 and it was not available in the current series then they wait for another series to open up or dig into a past series, that is when they take the Reg money from a person. In a situation that the nomber asked for is not available they have to ask the owner for another nomber I hope you have the rto reciept with you as that carries the nomber asked for, this is valid for a month after which you have to repay and ask for the no. I send my person to the RTO get the reciept for the nomber i want and give the reciept to the dealership when my car is ready for delivery.
Old 15th September 2012, 00:25   #2110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
TR reg is what the car comes with and its not what they can give you the car with. If you have paid a token amount for your desired no then they cannot change it to a no of their choice. If say the no u asked for is 555 and it was not available in the current series then they wait for another series to open up or dig into a past series, that is when they take the Reg money from a person. In a situation that the nomber asked for is not available they have to ask the owner for another nomber I hope you have the rto reciept with you as that carries the nomber asked for, this is valid for a month after which you have to repay and ask for the no. I send my person to the RTO get the reciept for the nomber i want and give the reciept to the dealership when my car is ready for delivery.

Hi Speedy,

Let me give the back ground, i gave the designated amount to my wife to pay for the fancy no. and due to an emergency she came with me, so she gave the amount to the Sales manager and gave him my contact details and told them to give us a call when the vehicle goes for registration or do a T/R registration which can be acquired for a month if the desired no allotment is getting late which was discussed with me.

later after my wife came to Europe to meet me. the dealer never called me or informed me towards the registration and got a stupid no informing me that these is the fancy no(though i have specified him my requirement) i am going to bangalore on 6th october and i am ready for a fight with the dealer. spoke with him over phone and he was telling me some cock & Bulls stories for this fancy no which i dont believe.
Old 15th September 2012, 11:30   #2111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Let me give the back ground, i gave the designated amount to my wife to pay for the fancy no. and due to an emergency she came with me, so she gave the amount to the Sales manager and gave him my contact details and told them to give us a call when the vehicle goes for registration or do a T/R registration which can be acquired for a month if the desired no allotment is getting late which was discussed with me.
Speedy_Racer, what your wife did was perfectly correct. The money id given to the sales person with the desired number required. A dealership can issue temp plates only till registration happens. In your case it was not required as you would not require the delivery for a month.

Quote:
later after my wife came to Europe to meet me. the dealer never called me or informed me towards the registration and got a stupid no informing me that these is the fancy no(though i have specified him my requirement) i am going to bangalore on 6th october and i am ready for a fight with the dealer. spoke with him over phone and he was telling me some cock & Bulls stories for this fancy no which i dont believe.
If you did mention your requirement and the sales person yet went ahead and got some other number then you can ask them to change the reg number as you have paid for it. I also have come to believe from reading the posts that no reciept for the same was taken from the sales person in regards to the no. Please do not believe any stories given by the sales person as the RTO officially gives the no against a reciept, and it takes a couple of hours depending on the line and series running. In your case since you were away there was no hurry to get the no the same day. If a series does not have the asked no..say a 55 then it take two or three days to move to the next series to get 55 no. I really suggest you tell the dealership to change your no as you have paid for it and at their cost since it was their mistake.
Old 15th September 2012, 14:17   #2112
BHPian

Booked the new Polo Highline 'Again'
This time though booked the 1.2 Petrol in lieu of the 1.6 Petrol, as the latter's production had stopped by the time I placed my order, one month back.

1.2 Petrol Highline - Reflex Silver
Ex-showroom(Delhi): 584400/-
OTR: 640617/-

+ 5050/- For the bluetooth mobile receiver

Apart from all this , they would include so called 'complimentary' basics like mud flaps and mats.
And corporate discount over all this, not much though. 5000/-

Although Bluetooth is listed as a feature in the online brochures, it is apparently not a standard fitment, the Terms and Conditions applied mark on it holds true, the price is not included in the ex-showroom.

Do you think the dealer is taking me for a ride? Or is it true for all dealerships?

Finance: Going for SBI, 10.75% reducing, but floating rate. 3 yrs.

The older Mobility max insurance, AMC options etc. are no longer available on the new models. Fair enough.

All in all a Polo highline with decent set of features @ 6.4Lakh net, is not bad. That's only 20k shy of my next closest choice Swift Zxi.
Old 15th September 2012, 20:57   #2113
Team-BHP Support

Cancelled my Swift ZDi's booking and went for Punto Sport

Make : FIAT (Fabbrica Italiana Automobili Torino)
Model : Grande Punto
Variant : Sport 90HP
Color : Exotica Red
Fuel : Diesel (Multijet)
Dealer and city : Prerana motors, Bangalore
Expected Delivery date : October first week
Freebies : free insurance, free RSA, exchange bonus, corporate discount, free foot mats and mud flaps
OTR cost : 8.67L after discounts
KarthikK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2012, 14:23   #2114
Senior - BHPian

Make : Nissan
Model : Sunny
Variant : XV
Fuel : Diesel
Booking Date :15/09/2012
Color : Brick Red
Expected Delivery Date : 24/09/2012
Dealer & City : Laxmi Nissan, Hyderabad
Freebies : 2 = 2 Extended warranty, 3000 discount in accessories
Others : None
Old 18th September 2012, 11:28   #2115
BHPian

So after a month long of Test Driving of cars, and a bagful of discussions within the family as well as on team BHP, i have finally booked decided upon my next ride.

Make : Maruti Suzuki
Model : Sx4
Variant : Celebration Edition
Fuel : Diesel
Booking Date :14/09/2012
Color : Pearl White
Expected Delivery Date : 21/09/2012
Dealer & City : Vipul Motors, Noida
Freebies : Mud-flaps, Foot Mats, Steering Wheel cover, Gear Lock, Car Perfume, Divinity
Others: Corporate Discount of Rs. 9K, added Reverse Camera + Sensor set & bumper guards.
Total OTR Cost: 9.8L

Decided upon Celebration Edition, as color choices in the ZDi model were limited due to low production or something i believe and with the 50K discount i thought i was getting a great deal on a very good car.

Contemplated a lot on the Vento Comfortline which was costing me pretty much the same as Sx4 but then went in with Sx4 purely because of its looks (I love muscle cars !!! ) and the low cost of ownership, not to mention the space in the driver's seat was more suited to my 6'4" Xtra large frame

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks