Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2015, 12:20   #2941
BHPian

Re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Congratulations:-)

Couple of questions:
1. Why is the waiting period 1 month in your case? any specific reason? Because when I had done an enquiry I was told I will get the car in 1 week.

2. Did you get a discount of 70K apart from the freebies?
Hi fusionbang.Thank you!
1)For me too they promised a delivery date within a week of booking but since i would be out of station till 26th Feb we agreed to complete the necessary formalities and take delivery only after the said date.
2)Yes the discount of 70k was on top of the freebies.
What price were you offered?I visited India garage too but they were too keen to sell their insurance and weren't matching the outside quote for bumper to bumper and i didn't like the push and shove for it,so we dropped it as our dealer of choice.
TrailBlazer007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2015, 12:36   #2942
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Artagnan View Post
BTW if you own a FIAT or FORD and feel offended or bad because of my comment, am sorry man.
Somewhat offended, yeah- My 1972 FIAT 1100D has appreciated more than double it's value, from back in '72.

That said- I'm in a fix. Linea vs Ciaz vs Vento. In my experience, I swear- Apart from MSIL, all other brands (incl. Hyundai)- are priced similarly. Resale value is less of a factor these days- More or less, the value offered is uniform.

And I guess I should'nt worry. The car will be with us for a decade + anyways. And considering that mine will be an oil burner, I guess, I'll still get some degree of resale value, greater than petrol counterparts.
FINTAIL is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2015, 13:48   #2943
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINTAIL View Post
In my experience, I swear- Apart from MSIL, all other brands (incl. Hyundai)- are priced similarly. Resale value is less of a factor these days- More or less, the value offered is uniform.

And I guess I should'nt worry. The car will be with us for a decade + anyways. And considering that mine will be an oil burner, I guess, I'll still get some degree of resale value, greater than petrol counterparts.
I agree with this logic. When people are buying their dream car/first car, why do they start with its resell value? That way, most people end up with an average car (Mostly not what they wished for) with GREAT fuel efficiency and SUPERB resale value. The only future proof in this car is its resell value at the end of its life.

This is like when you go and meet a prospective bride/groom to fix your marriage, and you start discussing about divorce procedure.
ajay_satpute is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th January 2015, 13:56   #2944
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailBlazer007 View Post
Hi fusionbang.Thank you!
1)For me too they promised a delivery date within a week of booking but since i would be out of station till 26th Feb we agreed to complete the necessary formalities and take delivery only after the said date.
2)Yes the discount of 70k was on top of the freebies.
What price were you offered?I visited India garage too but they were too keen to sell their insurance and weren't matching the outside quote for bumper to bumper and i didn't like the push and shove for it,so we dropped it as our dealer of choice.
Delay is from your end not the dealer. I was under a impression that Mahindra was planning to accommodate the new face lift in production line and reduced the frequency of production of current models, hence the delay of 1 month. Thankfully that's not the case.

In my case, at Anant cars I was offered around 65K discount along with freebies like rubber mats, reverse camera, side moulding's. Also they were ready to wave off the insurance amount from the total cost, if I were to buy insurance from outside. I withheld my booking as soon as I got to know there is a new face lift to be launched sometime in March, 2015.
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2015, 14:07   #2945
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
\
This is like when you go and meet a prospective bride/groom to fix your marriage, and you start discussing about divorce procedure.
: Let's take 2 examples, a 2002 Palio- and say, a Zen. The pricing offered for the Zen, now, won't be a gold mine, would it, now? 30-60k at max. A very slight difference- to pay for what you liked.

An example: http://bangalore.quikr.com/fiat-pali...AdIdZ198496024 And compare with: http://olx.in/item/2001-model-zen-lx...tml#b8cf3b6937

The FIAT- 55k. The Zen- 75k. The Zen is exaggerated- A} New tyres and assorted modifications.
B} The sellers inability to judge the correct market price.

I've seen Palio's and Esteem's of the same vintage go for the same market value. So much for MSIL's percieved high resale. When the car itself becomes old/obselete- the prices become more and more uniform.

Another perk of staying away from all these high selling cars is- Risk of theft. Trust me- We've lost an Alto (It was parked beside the NCL in Pune, believe it or not), and the heartburn, and the paperwork needed is tremendous, and seemingly endless.

A slower selling car (The Vento/Linea/Fiesta, for example) will be better, if not more talented and charismatic most of the time.

Last edited by FINTAIL : 30th January 2015 at 14:08.
Old 31st January 2015, 17:54   #2946
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
I withheld my booking as soon as I got to know there is a new face lift to be launched sometime in March, 2015.
I re inquired about the facelift seeing your reply.The sales guy and his manager say that its not coming in near months as far as they know.What is your source?It would make sense to wait if it is a matter of 2-3 months.
Old 1st February 2015, 08:24   #2947
BHPian

Booked my first car last week. Got the delivery yesterday in Vadodara. Here are the details.

Make : Honda
Model : city
Variant : SV CVT
Manu. Month/year: Dec 2014
Fuel : petrol
Booking Date : 20th Jan 2015
Color : White
Delivery Date : 31st Jan 2015
Dealer & City : Aspen Honda ,Vadodara
Accessories : rear park sensors, car cover, floor mats
Freebies : chocolate
Cost: ~Rs. 10.75 lakhs (inclusive of insurance, registration, VMC tax & RSA)
Old 2nd February 2015, 22:21   #2948
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailBlazer007 View Post
I re inquired about the facelift seeing your reply.The sales guy and his manager say that its not coming in near months as far as they know.What is your source?It would make sense to wait if it is a matter of 2-3 months.
Hey sorry for the late response, was out of town. My source is our Team-Bhp, many of our fellow bhpian's have spotted them testing and rumour is that it might launch in March, 2015. Another 2-3 months to that should be ok for me

Here is the link http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...t-testing.html
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2015, 16:48   #2949
BHPian

I booked my Fiat Linea T-Jet Active, Sunbeam gold, manufactured Sept 2014.

Dealer: KHT Fiat Caffe, Bangalore.
OTR: 8.34 Lakhs (Approx 85,000 discount from 2014 pricing). Free insurance (I have to pay for Zero-Dep endorsement), free extended warranty, free mud-flaps/mats.
The 2015 prices are very steep compared to last year (Approx 90,000 hike for T-Jet Active).

Estimated delivery: 15-Feb-2015.
rvlkiran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2015, 19:46   #2950
BHPian

My friend had booked Hyundai Xcent and took the delivery today. Below are the details :

Dealer was Trident Hyundai Whitefield and the SA Mr.Hussan was very helpful throughout the process.

Make : Hyundai
Model : Xcent
Variant : SX (O) AT
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : 15th Jan 2015
Color : Red
Dealer & City : Trident Hyundai Whitefield
Accessories : Seat Covers
Freebies : Mud flaps, floor mats
Cost : Ex-showroom : 772624, Road Tax : 120067, Insurance : 16024
Old 11th February 2015, 09:10   #2951
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Drive View Post
Have you taken the delivery of Grand i10 ? Do you have any information with regard to spare alloys ?
Yeah, couldn't cut a deal with the showroom guys, and the rates are very high, will go to JC road to see if I can pick one up.
Old 13th February 2015, 14:56   #2952
BHPian

I booked my car

Make: Hyundai
Model: Grand i10
Variant: 1.2 L VTVT Magna Petrol (Nov 2014 edition - by choice since they gave a discount of 30K over January '15 price + Insurance free)
Booked on: 13th January 2015
Color: Star Dust
Expected Delivery Date: Immediate, but I delayed it since I am on an official tour
Dealer: Blue Hyundai, Mysore Road, Bangalore
Freebies: Door Visor, Scuff Plates, Car cover

Cost Breakup

The "I Booked my Car" Thread-cost-breakup-copy.jpg
Old 13th February 2015, 15:26   #2953
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercloud View Post
I booked my car
Hey Congrats on the buy. What interested me in the post was the handling charges being charged to the customer. 9K is huge. Anyways this cost is illegal, hope you are aware of that. Negotiate hard with the dealer to waive this cost off.

Also instead of free Insurance, you should have negotiated for some other accessory or cash discount. Buying Insurance from outside (read online) is far cheaper than getting it from dealer.
Old 13th February 2015, 15:46   #2954
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercloud View Post
I booked my car
Congrats on your new car, Along with the handling Charges, the 1000rs for IND plate are also illegal. Has HSRP rule been implemented in Bangalore?
If yes then RTO adds this in the registration charge and that too is only less than 500.
Old 13th February 2015, 17:34   #2955
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
I
A car/wife that doesn't make a big dent on your savings during divorce ought to cost you less during the ownership period, no?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks