Old 21st December 2015, 21:49   #3316
Senior - BHPian

Re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINTAIL View Post
Why not the V40 D3?

Or the S60 D5?

'Em Volvo 5 cylinder diesels are EPIC!!
S60 is beyond my budget. Drove the d3 and t4 back to back. The t4 was much better - the gearbox is much better as it is double clutch type versus a torque convertor in the d3 and the car pulls way better in gear. After driving both, it was a no brainer. The t4 is much more refined as well.
Old 22nd December 2015, 13:50   #3317
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Make: Volvo
Model: V40 Cross Country
Variant: Momentum T4 180HP
Color: Red
Fuel: Petrol
Booking Date: 17th Dec
Expected Delivery Date: 28th Dec
Dealer: Marshall Volvo, Bangalore
OTR: 36.8L
Freebies: Lots!
Congratulation reignofchaos for choosing the swede beauty..!!
Please do write an ownership report of the car as soon as possible with lot of pics.

If you dont mind please let us know the final price breakup.
Old 23rd December 2015, 11:28   #3318
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvo_harish View Post
Congratulation reignofchaos for choosing the swede beauty..!!
Please do write an ownership report of the car as soon as possible with lot of pics.

If you dont mind please let us know the final price breakup.
Would be glad to pass the details on via PM. Please ping me if interested.

I shall definitely had an ownership report once I receive the car. All loan formalities and other financials are complete. Right now tentative delivery date is 30th Jan. Waiting with bated breath .
Old 23rd December 2015, 12:33   #3319

Excited to have booked my new car recently!

Make : Suzuki
Model : Baleno
Variant : 1.2 Zeta Variant
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : 17th Dec 2015
Color : Premium Silver
Expected Delivery Date : Tentative (Feb/Mar 2015)
Dealer & City : Bimal Nexa, Bangalore
Freebies : None
rputr001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2015, 12:55   #3320
BHPian

Congrats rputr001.

Can you also share what are the key factors or decision making factors to go for Baleno?
Old 24th December 2015, 19:57   #3321
BHPian

Finally get to make a post on this thread

Make : Fiat
Model : Punto
Variant : 90HP
Fuel : Diesel
Booking Date : 15th Dec 2015
Color : Exotica Red
Expected Delivery Date : Next week once I finish my PDI.
Dealer & City : AV Motors, Hyderabad
Freebies : The regular usual stuff like floor mats, mud flaps.
Old 28th December 2015, 13:53   #3322
BHPian

Make: Mahindra
Model: XUV 500
Variant: W10 AWD MT
Colour: Opulent Purple
Dealer: Kundan Motors, Pune
Price: 18.4 lacs OTR
amoghchaphalkar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th December 2015, 14:40   #3323

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAND23 View Post
Congrats rputr001.

Can you also share what are the key factors or decision making factors to go for Baleno?
Key Factors for me were:

1. Good ride experience with the 1.2L petrol engine (Low end drive felt better than Petrol Jazz test drive)
2. I personally liked the Exterior styling of the Baleno!
3. Interiors are not great (cheap plastics) but I am getting a lot of features, which keep me happy - for instance the UV-cut Glass with Zeta variant, 60-40 split for rear seats, electrically foldable ORVMs, rear defogger etc.
4. Aftermarket support
5. Airbags and ABS - although not enough for overall safety
6. Good boot space
7. Pricing at par with competition

I had looked at Fiat Punto Evo and Honda Jazz as my other two options and I was very particular about going with a Petrol option
rputr001 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th December 2015, 16:46   #3324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rputr001 View Post
1. Good ride experience with the 1.2L petrol engine (Low end drive felt better than Petrol Jazz test drive)
2. I personally liked the Exterior styling of the Baleno!
3. Interiors are not great (cheap plastics) but I am getting a lot of features, which keep me happy - for instance the UV-cut Glass with Zeta variant, 60-40 split for rear seats, electrically foldable ORVMs, rear defogger etc.
4. Aftermarket support
5. Airbags and ABS - although not enough for overall safety
6. Good boot space
7. Pricing at par with competition

I had looked at Fiat Punto Evo and Honda Jazz as my other two options and I was very particular about going with a Petrol option
Thanks for those points.
When I test drove the car last time, I too felt petrol engine was delivering good torque at low end speeds. The torque is linear. No lags. As I see, many people are booking Baleno instead of swift. We can call it as Improved version of swift. In case Maruti stops the production of swift, Still it should be no surprise.

What I am interested to see yet is ARAI test results of Baleno. I somehow felt the outer shell of the body is weaker.
GRAND23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2015, 21:09   #3325
BHPian

Finally after a year wait and research booked my first car.

Make: FIAT
Model: Linea T-Jet
Variant: Dynamic
Colour: Magnesia Grey
Dealer: Aadya Motors Bangalore
Price: 10 Lakh 5 Thousand

Thanks to all Team Bhp members for their honest feedback and guidance .
Arindam_Nayek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2016, 14:13   #3326

Initially was inclined towards dzire but floored by this new 100ps engine.
Booked it on 30th Dec, got delivered on 1st.

Ford Aspire
Diesel
Smoke Grey
Fortune Ford Tolichowki
Price 7 + exchange Alto(2011 CNG)
Old 7th January 2016, 18:19   #3327
BHPian

Update: Went to do PDI of the Fiat Linea TJET and discovered that they have allotted a car of April 2015. Utterly frustrated and devastated as my only condition was that I would need a vehicle of Aug make which the sales guy agreed. Wrote a cancellation letter and came back. Probably one of the main reasons why such a beauty doesn't sell. The dealership experience is pathetic. Won't recommend Aadya Fiat to anyone in Bangalore.
Old 13th January 2016, 22:24   #3328

Make: Ford
Model: Aspire DCT
Variant: Titanium
Colour: Smoke Grey
Dealer: Elite Ford, Bangalore
Price: 9 lacs OTR

50000 cash discount and also getting basic kit free.

Delivery promised by end of next week.

Thanks to all BHPians for their contributions in helping us reach this decision.
omprakashp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2016, 10:26   #3329

Finally my registration to Team BHP was approved. Thank you Admins. Its great to be a BHPian.

After lots of reviews (6 Manufacturers, several trims), i finally booked my Hyundai Elite i20 Asta 1.2L Petrol and expect to get delivery before end of this month (quite surprised at the 15 day delivery period and double checked with the dealer that its not a left over car !!).

I had the following in mind before the choice was made:
  1. Driveability in City conditions
  2. Looks, Features ( i like cars with lots of electronic gizmos)
  3. Budget of 8 Lacs (Having sold my Pajero for a similar amount)
  4. Feel Good Factor
  5. Time to deliver
  6. Petrol version as i will use the car sporadically (no brainer to opt for Petrol, further petrol & diesel costs in Goa are marginal, Rs. 7 diff., from knowledge Diesel Cars create Service problems if unused for long time)

Before reaching Goa, had called all the concerned Dealers and confirmed Test Drive for the selected Cars. i.e. Volkswagen Polo, Honda Jazz, Hyundai Elite i20, Maruti Suzuki Baleno, Fiat Punto Evo & Ford Figo.

Polo/Evo: Volkswagen Polo was removed from the list as the dealership situation in Goa was not clear. had been following since November and no change until this day. They are not selling cars here, further bad reviews by friends who own the Polo firmed my decision to exclude the Polo. Similar Story with Fiat Punto Evo.

Jazz: Had a Test Drive, of Honda Jazz, on the appointed date and time, overall good experience, but was let down with the dashboard shape and contour. So another off the list. add to that a 1-2 month waiting period.

Baleno: Baleno was in the top 3 of my list. however, the dealers were not honest in their approach. Early December, i was informed that Showroom will open end of december in Goa and Car will be launched at the time. Regular follow Ups had new dates provided by the Dealer. As of now, Showroom opened 1st week of Jan and just the S-Cross on display, though bookings have started for Baleno, no way i would have booked the car without a Test Drive and first hand look. [Latest] it seems the Baleno won't be on Display until February and Test Drive Car late Feb or March. Further, waiting period (as informed by the salesman at Nexa) is between 4-5 months (not guaranteed), so out of my list.

Figo: Showed up at the showroom (in Panaji) on the appointed date and time, 8th Jan, and was informed the Test Drive Car is not available at the location. so discussed all other possible details with the Sales Guy, finalised the trim (Titanium or Titanium+ (as they had a good offer running for the +) and walked away agreeing to a test drive in 3 days. Similar to Nexa/Baleno, was let down by the lies as regular follow ups yielded nothing. They kept insisting test drive of the Diesel T+ or the Aspire Petrol. While, i was not ready to test drive one version and buy another. anyways after 10 days, took a test drive of the diesel version. From the first instance, the Car key looked as if it will break at some stage, it was thin and the plastic holding the key didn't look promising. second was the headlight controls which are on a switch in the corner, where your right knee would be. The test drive was good, the car has good drivability but lacks a lot of features compared to the others. further to the fact that they consider themselves a viable competitor to i10 (not i20).

Elite i20: Though the Elite i20 was not in my top 5 initially (i didn't have a good idea about the Indian Car scene, having lived in Abu Dhabi for several years), it moved up to the top 2 position, thanks to good reviews by several car experts. as with other cars, showed up at the showroom, albeit very late (having spent more time at Honda & Ford earlier in the day, a phone with no internet meant getting directions to the place was difficult and relied on asking pedestrians. Though the Alcon Hyundai Showroom is right on the NH-17 highway, which i found out later). when i meant very late, almost all the staff had left, except 2 or 3 Guys and the security. However, the last sales guy present was kind enough to entertain me and promptly took me to the Test Drive Car, Spent a good 30 mins driving the car, checking all that i can. I liked the car interiors and features such as the "Start Button". Came back a week later and booked the Asta 1.2L Petrol version, again a good service by the Sales Lady who handled my case. Prompt and professional, Still have to work out the insurance as i have had better offers from outside the showroom.

Make : Hyundai
Model : Elite i20
Variant : Asta
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : 14th Jan
Color : Red Passion
Expected Delivery Date : Last Week of Jan
Dealer & City : Alcon Hyundai, Porvorim, Goa
Freebies : Car Cover
Others : Additional Warranty for 3rd Year, Underbody Rust Proofing
What i didn't Like: The Extended Warranty is not straightforward, for ex. for increasing years, its decreasing KMs
What i liked: Fast Delivery and professional Staff and of course the Car
Old 29th January 2016, 13:38   #3330
BHPian

Booked Creta 1.6 VTVT SX(+) yesterday on behalf of my wife who is abroad now.

Make: Hyundai
Model: Creta
Variant: SX(+)
Color: Polar White
Fuel: Petrol
Booking Date: 28th Jan
Expected Delivery Date: In the month of May, at the latest by 1st week of June.
Dealer: Advaith Hyundai, Bangalore
OTR: 14.46L
Freebies: What's that!

- Prasanna.

Most Viewed