Booking Date : 28/10/2017
Color : Gallant Red
Expected Delivery Date : December 2nd week
Freebies : None
Accessories Planned: Floor Mat (have to pay for this also) and Seat Cover
Price : Rs 10.37 lakhs OTR at MH-03
Booking Amount : Rs 11,000/-
Dealership : Sai Service, Andheri

And Maruti actually sends a confirmation sms once the dealer puts in the order in the system
Attached Thumbnails
The "I Booked my Car" Thread-screenshot.jpg  

subhro1988 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2017, 00:29   #3812
BHPian

Re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Make: Ford

Model: EcoSport

Variant: 1.5l Petrol Titanium+ AT

Fuel: Petrol

Booking Date: Sunday 05 November 2017

Colour: Canyon Ridge

Expected Delivery Date: Thursday 16 – Friday 24 November 2017

Dealer & City: Gateway Ford, Siliguri (via Amazon)

Freebies: None

Accessories Planned: Auto Window Closer, 3D Floor Mats, Mud Flaps, Rear Spoiler, Illuminated Scuff Plates, Air Deflector and Sun Blinds

I had initially booked the car unofficially directly via the dealership, as you normally do, but they said there was a waiting period of at least two months, and could offer no information on when I could expect to receive the car. When Amazon and Ford offered the opportunity to book the car online and be one of the first 123 customers to receive it, I jumped at the chance. I’m pretty excited and can’t wait to receive the car!

Last edited by aryayush : 5th November 2017 at 00:32.
aryayush is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 9th November 2017, 19:19   #3813
Distinguished - BHPian

The "I Booked my Car" Thread-img_0020.jpg
(Source)

Make : Tata
Model : Tiago
Variant : 1.2L XZA
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : 09/11/2017
Color : Espresso Brown
Expected Delivery Date : First week of December, 2017
Freebies : Not negotiated yet
Accessories Planned: Eyeing these dual-one silver-black alloys (Tata Tiago : Official Review)
Price : Rs 6.4L OTR
Booking Amount : Rs 11,000/-
Other Details :
- The only other Tiago AT in my city belongs to the wife of the dealership owner. It is Berry Red in colour, and also served as our TD car.
- Availability of the XZA is quite limited. Dealership made calls all around but most of the other nearest dealerships have XTA in white, silver and red. An XZA in white was available but we didn't want it.
- They are saying that the Sanand plant inventory does not show any Tiago XZA in their refreshed lists today. So it will be a freshly baked piece from the Sanand oven!
- Car will be for my wife, mostly.
- I am sufficiently impressed by the AMT in both urban conditions and on the open roads. The delay is there when the shifter takes a pause to shift from 1st to 2nd, but it wasn't a deal breaker.
- At the price point offered, no other car from any stable makes a strong case for itself.
- Keeping my Nexon booking on hold for now, until the AMTs come out. And that will be soon - very soon!

Last edited by Aditya : 10th November 2017 at 08:34. Reason: As requested
RavenAvi is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 11th November 2017, 20:02   #3814
BHPian

Make : Maruti Suzuki

Model : Baleno

Variant : Delta

Booking Date : 11/11/2017

Color : Ray Blue

Expected Delivery Date : 10 weeks waiting period. So after Jan 15 2018 at the earliest.

Accessories planned: Planning to get reverse parking camera. RM informed can be done on RVM but will compromise 25% space / visibility which I did not find comfortable. Another on dashboard possible at 9k extra. Need to decide on this.

On road Price : ₹ 7,52,590

Booking Amount : ₹ 11,000

Dealership : Nexa Palace

City : Bengaluru
AltoLXI is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th November 2017, 01:13   #3815
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
- At the price point offered, no other car from any stable makes a strong case for itself.
Am in the same dilemma, but leaning more towards Ignis which is around 35k more than Tiago. What convinced about Tiago over Ignis. Looks and interiors are not my concern, so the 1.2 in Ignis, plus smoother AMT is making me lean towards Ignis.
Old 12th November 2017, 15:07   #3816
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autorahul View Post
Am in the same dilemma, but leaning more towards Ignis which is around 35k more than Tiago. What convinced about Tiago over Ignis. Looks and interiors are not my concern, so the 1.2 in Ignis, plus smoother AMT is making me lean towards Ignis.
I am assuming you are referring to the Ignis Delta AMT at Rs 5.86L, ex-showroom, as compared to the Tiago XZA which is at Rs 5.49L, ex-showroom.

What all you get in the XZA but not in the Delta AMT:

- Rear parking sensors,
- Rear defogger,
- Rear wiper,
- Driver seat height adjustment,
- ConnectNext infotainment system by Harman,
- 4 Speakers + 4 Tweeters, (against 2 speakers in Ignis)
- Turn-by-turn Navigation,
- Front fog lamps,
- Alloys,
- Multi-drive modes (City/Sport),
- Corner Stability Control,
- Slightly bigger 35 liters fuel tank, (against 32L in Ignis)
- (Arguably) Better build quality,
- (Arguably) Better interior quality.

All this at roughly Rs 37,000/- less.

What you get in the Delta AMT for the 37,000 rupees extra, but not in the XZA:

- Slightly bigger boot space @ 260L, (XZA has 242L)
- R15 steel wheels, (XZA has R14 alloys)
- ISOFIX Child Anchorages,
- Adjustable rear seat headrests,
- 60:40 Flip Ratio for Rear Seat, (XZA has 100% flip & fold)
- Taller & upright stance.

(these are just off the top of my head, am sure there are more)

The smoothness of the AMT largely depends on how one uses the A-pedal. Driven with a feather-light foot, the AMT performs quite well in the Tiago, specially after the shift to 2nd gear. Granted, the shift from 1st gear to 2nd can be felt in the XZA, but not as bad as is made out to be and certainly not a deal-breaker. At the offered price point, you can't get a better overall package.

Plus, I hate the Ignis's all-round looks and flimsy build quality with a fierce passion.
RavenAvi is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 14th November 2017, 20:28   #3817
BHPian

The "I Booked my Car" Thread-ford-ecosport.jpg
The "I Booked my Car" Thread-ford-ecosport1.jpg

Variant: Titanium+ AT
Booking Date: 9th November 2017
Colour: Lightning Blue or Smoke Grey
Expected Delivery Date: Jan or Feb 2018 (Have requested for 2018 manufactured card)
Dealer & City: Kavish Ford, Mumbai
Freebies: None
Accessories Planned: Mud Flaps, Floor Mats, Trunk Mat and Spare wheel cover
damager21 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th November 2017, 08:22   #3818
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
Variant: Titanium+ AT
Many congratulations damager21. Just the other day I test drove the same variant, Titanium+ AT. Liked the car, the on-road price was quoted as INR 13.07 lacs here in Pune and a delivery lead time of 3 months for blue color and lesser time for common color (white/silver). How much are you paying?
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2017, 23:08   #3819
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Many congratulations damager21. Just the other day I test drove the same variant, Titanium+ AT. Liked the car, the on-road price was quoted as INR 13.07 lacs here in Pune and a delivery lead time of 3 months for blue color and lesser time for common color (white/silver). How much are you paying?
Thanks @AutoIndian

It's 13.22 lacs OTR which includes Zero dep insurance and 3rd year warranty with RSA. I am negotiating with dealer to bring down the price of insurance as outside its available for 24k less.

Also, I am opting for 4th year warranty which will cost 5k more. Surprisingly Ford is not offering 5th year warranty for new Ecosport yet.

May buy Spare wheel cover for 12.5k either now or 3 months down the line. I have received a tentative delivery date of 30th November for Blue color. Told dealer that I want a 2018 manufactured car. SA confirmed that they will not allocate this car to me.
damager21 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2017, 11:38   #3820
BHPian

Make : Maruti
Model : Ciaz
Variant : Alpha AT
Booking Date : 14-Nov
Color : Nexa Blue
Expected Delivery Date : 30th Nov
Dealer & City : Hyderabad, Sai Service
Freebies : 15K worth of accessories
Others : 10K Corporate Discount
Old 8th December 2017, 09:52   #3821
BHPian

Quoting my own post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by drnilswap View Post
Make : Tata
Model : Nexon
Fuel : Diesel
Variant : XZ+ likely
Color : Will decide on the color after all the other colors get unveiled at the launch.
Booking Date : 19/08/2017
Cancelled Nexon booking and booked S-cross on 07/10/17.
Nexon though a very capable car I just couldn’t get my mind over the exterior design quirks. Family outrightly rejected the car when they saw it in person for the first time (they liked the Tigor very much). Getting into the rear seat being difficult for elderly occupants/unusable armrest/cramped space for left driver foot were the only practical negatives. But the dealership attitude where I had booked the car sealed the deal against Nexon for me. Pathetic, to say the least. Even if I were to buy a Tata, I wouldnt from this showroom ever. Experience with the other Tata dealer in the city was much better.

S-cross, despite the quoted waiting period of 8 weeks, was alloted to me within 7 days of booking. I had to let that car go as I was going to be out of town for the month. So the total wait stretched to 8 weeks nevertheless.

Completed the PRI as per tbhp check list yesterday. All set and done. Taking the delivery of my Maruti Suzuki S-cross 1.3 (Nexa blue) in couple of days.
drnilswap is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th December 2017, 12:33   #3822
BHPian

Make : Maruti
Model : Baleno RS
Variant :
Booking Date : 26 Nov
Booking Amount: Rs. 11000
Color : Premium Silver
Expected Delivery Date : 15 Dec
Dealer & City : Magic Auto, Gazipur, Delhi
Accessories: Mud flap, floor mats. Was wondering whether to go for body side moulding (black with chrome line). I don't like the looks. Also wondering whether I should get another layer of leather steering cover over the one provided to make the wheel a little thicker. It seemed a bit thin during test drives.

They called up a couple of days ago to say I should pay Rs. 1 Lakh in advance. Their logic was if they get a car and I don't buy it, it will become old in a month and nobody else will buy it. I told them they should have told me this at the time of booking. Then they wanted a written undertaking that I will buy the car if it has no defect. I refused again. I told them they can order my car in Jan 18 if they are so worried. Now it seems they want to deliver soon. I will wait and watch.
jhaji is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2017, 11:17   #3823
BHPian

Make : Hyundai
Model : i20 Active
Variant : S
Booking Date : 12-Dec-2017
Color : Polar White (Black with Orange inserts interior)
Expected Delivery Date : 15-Jan-2018
Dealer & City : Krrish Hyundai, Patna (parents buying it in our hometown)
Freebies : 10K worth of accessories (Mud flap, floor mat, seat cover, steering wheel cover)
Others : 30K Cash Discount, 20K Exchange Bonus, 5K Corporate Discount

One day after booking, got an SMS from Hyundai about some extra "VIN Discount" of 10K. Assumed it to be extra discount over and above what we had negotiated earlier. But dealership said this is already adjusted in "Exchange Bonus" for my old car.

Argued with them, and they agreed to offer 5K more discount

Anyway, I'm still wondering what this "VIN Discount" is. Anyone else here who got this discount and knows what it means? Any help will be appreciated!

Thanks!
Old 15th December 2017, 02:25   #3824

Thanks to the invaluable advice from fellow BHPians, I finally booked my car and it's an Abarth Urban Cross.

Make :
FIAT
Model : Abarth Urban Cross
Variant : 1.4 T-Jet Emotion
Booking Date : 14/12/2017
Color : White
Expected Delivery Date : 20/12/2017
Dealer & City : Sri Krishna Automotives (Pride Motors), Hyderabad
Freebies : Rear parking camera and the usual stuff (floor mat, mud flap, car cover)
Others : 20% discount (Rs. ~2 Lakh) on the on-road price (Hyderabad)

Final Price: Rs. 9.5 Lakh OTR (approx.)
thedoctor31 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 24th December 2017, 07:21   #3825
BHPian

Posting here on behalf of my good friend who is also a colleague. He is an ex-serviceman from IAF and hence the purchase was through CSD (Defence Canteen).

He booked Baleno Delta Petrol (MT) Ray-blue colour in November-2017. His vehicle reached dealer stockyard few days ago. He will be taking delivery on 28th December. I went along with him for PDI (with T-BHP PDI list on our hands) yesterday at the stockyard (Varun Motors stockyard is near Lumbini Gardens, ORR, Bangalore).

We did a thorough PDI and were satisfied with the car. One important thing which I think was missing in this variant was the driver seat height adjustment feature. Otherwise this variant is quite well-kitted with most essential features.

Most people have commented on the door panel thickness and flimsy build of Baleno. I found the hatch door and bonnet quite heavy - not flimsy at all. Door panels do flex on applying pressure with fingers - but no more or no less than the flexing of door panels on my Zest. Gearshifts on the Baleno felt definitely more slick and shorter than in my Zest.

On-road price in Bangalore through CSD was about Rs.6.65 lakhs. I'm told that on-road price for aam-junta is around 7.3 to 7.4 lakhs.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks