Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2018, 12:39   #3916
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by A M View Post
I think it works only on the Titanium+. The buttons on Titanium variant do not have any markings for phone control.
Will check it out in the evening though.
Yes, there are no markings but the functionality remains the same.
AYP is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2018, 15:05   #3917
BHPian

Quote:
Ex-Showroom: 7,74,500/-
RTO: 67,500/-
Insurance: 14,400/-
Essential Kit: 3,700/-
Accessories: 11,900/-
Discount: 1,35,000/-
Is that a zero depreciation insurance with engine cover or just the standard one? I got zero dep w/ engine cover for 25,000 for my Figo and everything else is roughly the same (RTO charges are a little less too). Seems like both of us got a pretty sweet deal

Mine is a Jan, 2018 manufacture too! But the condition of the car at delivery was okay. Although ODO reading was 88 km (the explanation to me was the car was driven around by the dealership drivers from outskirts to the stockyard which is kind of blunt, but tyres informed me that the salesperson wasn't lying), the treads were intact on the tyres and all the paint seemed okay (no scratches or repaints). All the fluids including the engine oil and coolant were in acceptable state and tyre manufacture dates corresponded with the vehicle manufacture date so I decided to proceed with the booking even though the salesperson had lied to me earlier wherein he promised an April vehicle.

The Figo and Aspire weren't received in the Indian market as well as they should have been. Add the poor forecasting from the dealers and the launch of the new Ecosport, Freestyle and upcoming facelift of Figo itself, the dealers have a stock of Jan-Feb lying around because people stopped buying the car due to more attractive launches from the well known Maruti & Hyundai stable. The limited stock that is available is being sold at a combo of manufacturer + dealer discount.

One gripe I have with the dealership is that they installed 3rd party reverse parking sensors in my car (3t+ technologies, 3rd party = higher profits, unauthorized by Ford) and I specifically instructed them to install ford genuine ones. This was a product of my extremely polite being with the dealership before this incident. These will be replaced soon and hopefully I won't have to complain to Ford and not write a "bad experience with dealership" thread on Team-BHP.

Some quality control issues I'm facing on my car are:

1. My left headlight points very slightly lower than my right one (low beam). This would not have been a problem for someone who isn't OCD.
2. The hood doesn't fit flush with the seam, it is a little lower on the left of the car. Can easily adjust grommets, maybe? OCD strikes again.
3. Very faint squeaking sound somewhere in one of the right doors on extremely bad roads (the non-existent ones). OCD x3
4. Very slight rattling noise in the left door when I play Worth It feat. Kid Ink (or any other song with good lows). OCD x4
5. Found a stray bolt below the rear seat? I'm not sure where this came from.

Other than some minor niggles, the engine is bonkers for an 8-v diesel mill, the gearbox gives free bicep lessons and slots in with a very confidence inspiring movement, the steering builds triceps and isn't flimsy while turning (you still must apply some positive efforts despite the boost from EPAS), the clutch is extremely light and linear and brakes are awesome! The music system sounds good to me and is easy to use too. The A/C is a chilling surprise in heat of Delhi-NCR. The noise insulation is acceptable too! Will get the minor issues solved in the first service. Let me know what you all think.
Old 3rd July 2018, 16:51   #3918
A M
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by typlo View Post
Is that a zero depreciation insurance with engine cover or just the standard one? I got zero dep w/ engine cover for 25,000 for my Figo and everything else is roughly the same (RTO charges are a little less too). Seems like both of us got a pretty sweet deal

The insurance is zero depreciation but I got 50% NCB from my older car.
Coming from a first generation Swift, the steering feels light to me though.
A M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2018, 18:25   #3919
BHPian

Quote:
The insurance is zero depreciation but I got 50% NCB from my older car.
Coming from a first generation Swift, the steering feels light to me though.
That's an awesome deal!

Since you also have a similar car and model (titanium), I would like to ask you the following.

When I unlock the car, the cabin light turns on, but when I open the driver side's door, the dashboard switchgear lights up too. The issue is, as soon as I open the driver's door, the cabin light almost flickers (at the instant when the dash is lighting up). I want to know whether this is a common occurrence or an isolated case?
typlo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2018, 20:55   #3920
A M
BHPian

Quote:
That's an awesome deal!

Since you also have a similar car and model (titanium), I would like to ask you the following.

When I unlock the car, the cabin light turns on, but when I open the driver side's door, the dashboard switchgear lights up too. The issue is, as soon as I open the driver's door, the cabin light almost flickers (at the instant when the dash is lighting up). I want to know whether this is a common occurrence or an isolated case?
That looks to be an isolated case. Doesn't happen in my car.
Old 3rd July 2018, 22:12   #3921
BHPian

Quote:
That looks to be an isolated case. Doesn't happen in my car.
I noticed it happens only on cold unlocks. Like, once the car has been parked for 1-2 hours and locked, I proceed to unlock it using remote and I notice the flicker of the cabin light once I open the door. Cannot replicate it on subsequent locks/unlocks though. Let me know if you notice a similar behaviour once you go back to your car in the morning if you remember to check.
Old 3rd July 2018, 22:41   #3922
A M
BHPian

Quote:
I noticed it happens only on cold unlocks.
I would definitely check it over the weekend. I'm out of town for a few days. I'm yearning to go back and put some miles on the car.
Old 4th July 2018, 00:28   #3923
BHPian

The "I Booked my Car" Thread-161404.jpg

Make: Hyundai

Model: Grand i10

Variant: 1.2 Kappa Dual VTVT 4-Speed Automatic Sportz

Fuel: Petrol

Booking Date: Saturday 23 June 2018

Colour: Fiery Red

Expected Delivery Date: Saturday 07 July 2018

Dealer & City: Berlia Hyundai, Siliguri

Freebies: None

Accessories Planned: Auto Window Closer, Auto ORVM Closer, 7D Floor Mats, Art Leather Seat and Steering Wheel Covers, Tire Upgrade to 185/60 R14, Anti-Glare IRVM, LED Daytime Running Lamps, Rear Spoiler

My father needed a small city car primarily for his own use and I convinced him to splurge for a proper torque converter automatic instead of a manual. Since the Grand i10 is the cheapest AT in India, and given its universally positive reviews, it was the natural choice.

Last edited by noopster : 4th July 2018 at 10:12. Reason: Uploaded the pic correctly
aryayush is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2018, 02:39   #3924
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryayush View Post

Freebies: None
You should get significant discounts as people have mentioned getting discounts in tune of 1 lakh. Example quote below. If its the only dealer in town, consider going to some other town with multiple dealers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooltronics View Post
Model: Grand i10 Petrol
Variant: 1.2 L Sportz AT (2018 FL)
Discounts: 1,20,000 (incl. 6k worth of NCB benefit)
autorahul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2018, 06:45   #3925
BHPian

Hyundai is offering a discount of ₹80,000 if it's bought in exchange for another car, in addition to the value of the car being exchanged. The dealer has offered us an additional ₹10,000 discount and ₹50,000 for the 2001 Santro we're exchanging. So, in total, we're paying ₹1,40,000 less than the price of the vehicle.
aryayush is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2018, 17:19   #3926
BHPian

Make: Maruti Suzuki

Model: Vitara Brezza

Variant: VDI

Fuel: Diesel

Booking Date: today

Colour: Granite Grey

Expected Delivery Date: Readily available, waiting for car lease process to complete.

Dealer & City: Pratham Motors ORR, BLR

Freebies & Discounts: None

Accessories Planned: Seat covers, Fog lamps, seat cushions, some chromes, some stickers for now

OTR - 992153 INR
sairamboko is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2018, 19:16   #3927
BHPian

Make: Maruti Suzuki

Model: Ignis

Variant: 1.2 AMT Alpha

Fuel: Petrol

Booking Date: 02-JUL-2018

Colour: White

Expected Delivery Date: 15-JUL-2018

Dealer & City: Garuda Autocraft, Banaswadi, BLR

Freebies & Discounts: (15,000 Retail + 10,000 Consumer + 3100 Corporate) = 28,100

Exchange : (Ford Figo 2010 EXI Diesel - 36K kms) - 1,95,000 + 25,000 exchange bonus = 2,20,000

Accessories Planned: mud flaps, floor mats, faux carbon fiber wraps (roof and side mirrors) , debadging, matt black grill change (?) – Need remove the mustache on the grill – I loathe chrome, Yokohama R15 tires

OTR - 8,56,284 INR (excluding exchange)

Needed a compact and safe automatic for school/city runs and occasional long trips. Ignis fit my bill, albeit bit expensive.
nimbleguru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2018, 21:28   #3928
A M
BHPian

Quote:
I noticed it happens only on cold unlocks.

Let me know if you notice a similar behaviour once you go back to your car in the morning if you remember to check.
It doesn't happen. Specially got up to check it out at 4AM
Ah! BHPians..
Old 13th July 2018, 22:38   #3929
Senior - BHPian

After 5 years of driving around the Figo and a great experience with the Figo and Ford, the upgrade itch has bitten me and the Ecosport it is ! Made a stretch for the S for the all black treatment,those super sweet alloys, HID lights, MID and the 'fun roof'.

Make: Ford
Model: Ecosport
Variant: S TDCi
Fuel: Diesel
Booking Date: 13/07/18
Colour: Race Red
Expected Delivery Date: 30-45 days
Dealer & City: Dhone Ford, Pune
Freebies & Discounts: 3rd year warranty, essential kit (Mats)
Accessories Planned: Nothing since the car is fully loaded.
OTR - ~INR 14,00,000 (doing the insurance myself since the dealer could not match my quote, plus I will be transferring my 50% NCB from my Figo to the Ecosport.

Can't believe I'm paying 14L for an Ecosport, but there was nothing else that excited me in this price range. The Creta is quite bland to drive and only the 1.4L would have fit this budget, the S-Cross badly needs a more exciting engine and none of the sedans in this range are really exciting enough to drive. I seriously considered the Nexon, but the Ecosport just feels so much more complete.

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 13th July 2018 at 22:41.
fiat_tarun is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 20th July 2018, 11:14   #3930
BHPian

Hi All

I booked Honda Amaze Diesel V CVT on June 9th. Am yet to receive the vehicle. I took the loan from the bank which has tie up with the dealer. The loan amount was disbursed two days back. Dealer contact is telling that the vehicle is yet to reach their shop/yard. Should i be concerned, since its been more than 40 days now? Also, if somehow the delivery gets delayed beyond July 31, will I be asked to pay the revised prices? When I booked I was told that around 13000 bookings were done at that point of time.
Thanks in advance for your guidance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks