Team-BHP > What Car?

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2018, 20:38   #3946

Re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

I have booked Skoda Rapid 1.5 TDI AT Style variant Carbon Steel Color from Gurudev Motors Chennai. Expecting delivery by mid next week. I have made a lateral upgrade from Hyundai Verna SX (2014 Model) which was a company lease car.
I drive almost 100 KM a day and hoping for a good time with my new car.
kumaranna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2018, 17:33   #3947
BHPian

Booked a Maruti Wagon R VXI manual for my Father-in-law today.

Make: Maruti
Model: Wagon R
Variant: VXi
Fuel: Petrol
Booking Date: 07/29/2018
Color: Bakers Chocolate
Ex-Showroom Price: 4,61,454/-
On-Road Price: 5,59,732/- (including standard accessories)
Delivery Date: Readily available, will take delivery next week.
Freebies: None, they will give a scratch card at the time of delivery which may contain offers from Rs 750 - 51000 on accessories
Discount: Rs 35000 (Ongoing discount) + Rs 2500 (on Rs 10500 for seat covers and reverse parking sensors)
Final On-Road Price : 5,24,732/- (excluding accessories price)
Dealership: RNS motors, Hosur Road, Bommanahalli, Bangalore.
Sales Consultant: Manohar

Before finalizing I checked in Mandovi motors, HSR Layout and Pratham Motors on Outer Ring road but I found the customer service and the benefits to be more welcoming than the other two. Also the other showrooms were not negotiating anything unless we assure them that we have come to book the car not just window shopping which I can understand as lot of people usually just check the price and never come back but that is where the skills of the sales adviser comes in.

Last edited by jayantvs : 29th July 2018 at 17:36.
Old 29th July 2018, 21:14   #3948
BHPian

Booked Tata Tiago XZA

We have booked the Tata Tiago XZA recently. It will be used primarily by my brother and his wife.

Make: Tata
Model: Tiago
Variant: XZA
Fuel: Petrol
Color: Espresso Brown
Booking Date: 26th July 2018
Expected Delivery Date: 3rd August 2018
Dealer: Aadishakti Motors, Bangalore
Freebies: None
Discounts: We got Insurance worth 24K and Silver-AMC worth 3.5K for free
Extras: Opted for B2B Insurance Addon by paying 4k.
Accessories Purchased: Seat Cover, Reverse Camera, Bumper and Side Protectors.
On-Road Price: 6.68 Lacs
Total Price: 6.85 Lacs (Including Accessories and Insurance Addon)

I drove the AMT and its really fantastico
Funny is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2018, 23:24   #3949
BHPian

Make : Hyundai
Model : Verna
Variant : 1.6 SX(O) MT
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : 29-Jul-2018
Color : Flame Orange
Expected Delivery Date : 25-Aug-2018
Dealer & City : Advaith Hyundai, Bangalore
Freebies : Car Cover & Door Sill Plates
Others : 20k Corporate Bonus + 15k Dealer Discount + 27k by getting own Insurance (net 62k discount)

I had a slightly better offer (net 75k discount) from another dealer, but the difference was mainly due to them offering to get me the "Exchange Bonus" without me having to actually sell my existing car. I somehow felt this amounted to duping Hyundai in a way, as they would upload copies of the relevant documents of my existing car on Hyundai's portal and get them to disburse the amount and then pass it on to me. Didn't feel right, so went back to Advaith and bargained a bit more since their original offer was a 52k discount. They agreed a further 10k discount with the addition of Car Cover & Door Sill Plates as complimentary. I feel I still got a great deal for a car selling so well at the moment.
red.devil_19 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2018, 08:44   #3950
BHPian

Booked -

Make: Ford
Model: Figo aspire
Variant: Titanium
Fuel: Diesel
Booking Date: 07/23/2018
Color: Grey
On-Road Price: 7,70,00/- (including seat covers and reverse sensors from showroom)

Getting the delivery today.

Thanks to @A M and @ typlo for providing the inputs ! Dealership said that gear lock is not recommended for aspire as it's drilling might cut wire to airbags. Not sure how true is that. Do we have any other security mechanism which can be applied for this?
Old 30th July 2018, 09:43   #3951
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumaranna View Post
I have booked Skoda Rapid 1.5 TDI AT Style variant Carbon Steel Color from Gurudev Motors Chennai. Expecting delivery by mid next week. I have made a lateral upgrade from Hyundai Verna SX (2014 Model) which was a company lease car.
I drive almost 100 KM a day and hoping for a good time with my new car.
Can you share the details of the deal? What discounts and freebies were offered? Dealer insurance or self insurance?
Old 30th July 2018, 12:34   #3952
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by red.devil_19 View Post
Make : Hyundai
Model : Verna
Variant : 1.6 SX(O) MT
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : 29-Jul-2018
Color : Flame Orange
Expected Delivery Date : 25-Aug-2018
Dealer & City : Advaith Hyundai, Bangalore
Freebies : Car Cover & Door Sill Plates
Others : 20k Corporate Bonus + 15k Dealer Discount + 27k by getting own Insurance (net 62k discount)
What was the final on road price?
Old 30th July 2018, 14:11   #3953
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary4gar View Post
What was the final on road price?
Rs. 13,53,729/- + Insurance Premium of about Rs. 33,300/- from Tata AIG.

Final On-road Price: Rs. 13,87,000/- approx.

I've chosen to not take the extended warranty right now.
Old 30th July 2018, 23:24   #3954
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sang View Post

Thanks to @A M and @ typlo for providing the inputs ! Dealership said that gear lock is not recommended for aspire as it's drilling might cut wire to airbags. Not sure how true is that. Do we have any other security mechanism which can be applied for this?
You're welcome buddy. It was nice talking to you.

About the gearlock: Personally, I don't have the gearlock installed in my new Figo but I highly doubt it would require any wire cutting. The gearlock isn't recommended anyway for cars that have a robust immobiliser and possibly less market appeal. All the gearlock does is it functions as a visual deterrent to novice thieves but could be easily defeated by a professional one. I recommend that you get a GPS system/shock sensors installed in the car with a warning on the windows if you're really worried about thieves and vandalism. You could get a parking/wheel lock and a kill switch installed if you plan to leave the car in a shady alley for long.

Or just remove the main fuse and carry it on yourself in an emergency

Last edited by typlo : 30th July 2018 at 23:27.
Old 31st July 2018, 14:55   #3955
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by typlo View Post
You're welcome buddy. It was nice talking to you.

About the gearlock: Personally, I don't have the gearlock installed in my new Figo but I highly doubt it would require any wire cutting. The gearlock isn't recommended anyway for cars that have a robust immobiliser and possibly less market appeal. All the gearlock does is it functions as a visual deterrent to novice thieves but could be easily defeated by a professional one. I recommend that you get a GPS system/shock sensors installed in the car with a warning on the windows if you're really worried about thieves and vandalism. You could get a parking/wheel lock and a kill switch installed if you plan to leave the car in a shady alley for long.

Or just remove the main fuse and carry it on yourself in an emergency
Thanks ! I am planning to live without gear-lock for some time. I got tyres upgraded to Bridgestone B290 in size 185/65/R14. However, now spare tyre screw is not getting tightened because of this. I will have to find some solution to keep that secured in place.
Sang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2018, 17:01   #3956
BHPian

Make: Honda
Model: Amaze
Variant: V CVT
Color: Orchid White
Booking Date: 23 July 2018
Expected Delivery Date: 03 Aug 2018
Dealer: Capital Honda, OMR, Chennai
Freebies: None
Discounts: None
Accessories Purchased: None
On-Road Price: 10.15 L + 19K Tata AIG insurance Zero Dep
Total Price: 10.34L

Will do a OE fit Art Leather seat cover outside on taking Delivery.
Old 31st July 2018, 17:42   #3957
BANNED

Quote:
Booked -

Make: Ford
Model: Figo aspire
Variant: Titanium
Booking Date: 07/23/2018
Color: Grey
On-Road Price: 7,70,00/- (including seat covers and reverse sensors from showroom)

Wow that's a saving of almost 2 lacs on the on road price. Mind giving some details of the deal you got? And whether they have such discounts on the Figo too?
Old 31st July 2018, 18:41   #3958
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Wow that's a saving of almost 2 lacs on the on road price. Mind giving some details of the deal you got? And whether they have such discounts on the Figo too?
There are some great deals going on the Figo too currently as the facelift is around the corner. If I remember correctly bhpian Typlo was also able to get a similar deal on the Figo in Ghaziabad bringing the OTR for Figo titanium to 7L. Ford dealers seem to be trying really hard to finish their stocks.
Old 31st July 2018, 19:40   #3959
BANNED

Quote:
Booked -

I got the gear lock installed as a freebie from my dealer. My SA did not give any such excuse and he promptly gave a thumbs up for it. I got my Aspire for 7.88 lacs in December 2017 with parking sensors, seat covers, under body paint, door scuff plates and a body cover. Anyways congratulations for your new purchase.
Old 1st August 2018, 12:12   #3960
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by typlo View Post
Absolutely NOT. Once you have booked a car...
@typlo: Thank you !

Here's what I did :
1. Requested them to provide me the VIN before any payment. They did.It's July 2018 model.
2. Requested them to show me the vehicle in flesh - they asked me for half payment (said some cock and bull story about deposit to Maruti). I obliged and got the receipt immediately.
3.They bought the vehicle to showroom - and I did the full PDI (including checking the chassis, engine and VIN) in broad daylight outdoors. Everything checked out fine.
4. Made the final balance payment.
nimbleguru is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed