Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2018, 17:28   #3961
BHPian

Re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Wow that's a saving of almost 2 lacs on the on road price. Mind giving some details of the deal you got? And whether they have such discounts on the Figo too?
Hi,

Onroad price in Delhi was 9,01,000/-. I got 1.45 Lakhs discount on that and additional 7K for transferred NCB.
Sang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2018, 18:46   #3962
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimbleguru View Post
@typlo: Thank you !

Here's what I did :
1. Requested them to provide me the VIN before any payment. They did.It's July 2018 model.
2. Requested them to show me the vehicle in flesh - they asked me for half payment (said some cock and bull story about deposit to Maruti). I obliged and got the receipt immediately.
3.They bought the vehicle to showroom - and I did the full PDI (including checking the chassis, engine and VIN) in broad daylight outdoors. Everything checked out fine.
4. Made the final balance payment.
Great. Checking out the VIN and the manufacturing date solves half of the problems that may haunt you for the rest of your ownership experience. Even asking for VIN scares the crap out of sales people generally because they aren't accustomed to those requests.

About the payment: This was just some kind of surety or promise from you (as a customer) that you're there to actually buy the car. The dealer takes a huge risk when they drive the car from the yard to the showroom and back. Doesn't mean that the payment request is logical though. If you refuse to sign the registration and refuse the delivery it's not like they will keep your money. By law, it is treated as a cancelled sale and all amount has to be returned. To comply with their request, however, is entirely upto you (I'd say, go ahead and do it for hot selling models but do not pay a single rupee to shady dealers).
Old 1st August 2018, 20:29   #3963
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sang View Post
Hi,

Onroad price in Delhi was 9,01,000/-. I got 1.45 Lakhs discount on that and additional 7K for transferred NCB.
Thanks. Could you tell me the dealer you got it from? I asked harpreet ford and they only seemed to have a diesel Figo in trend variant which i'm not too keen on

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaFan View Post
There are some great deals going on the Figo too currently as the facelift is around the corner. If I remember correctly bhpian Typlo was also able to get a similar deal on the Figo in Ghaziabad bringing the OTR for Figo titanium to 7L. Ford dealers seem to be trying really hard to finish their stocks.
Yeah but thanks to limited stocks and the surprisingly low price of the freestyle, i'm wondering if the base model of freestyle with its decent feature list makes a better option.
Quote:
Originally Posted by typlo View Post
Great. Checking out the VIN and the manufacturing date solves half of the problems that may haunt you for the rest of your ownership experience. Even asking for VIN scares the crap out of sales people generally because they aren't accustomed to those requests.
Haha, thats actually not always true. I remember when we got the Ecosport after months of waiting, the Sales associate called up my place only to have a staff at hospital answer it but he still specially told him to write down a long code which turned out to be the VIN no. this was after 3 months of waiting without any info on when the car was coming. BTW, which ford dealer did you get your car from?
Old 1st August 2018, 21:58   #3964
BHPian

Quote:
BTW, which ford dealer did you get your car from?
I got mine from Adiv Ford, Ghaziabad. I didn't have a very good experience with Ford dealers but it was a matter of picking the lesser evil. Harpreet Ford in Moti Nagar tried to screw me by silently slipping me a December 2017 car with a doctored Form-22. VIN made the manufacturing month clear.
Old 2nd August 2018, 18:31   #3965
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. Could you tell me the dealer you got it from? I asked harpreet ford and they only seemed to have a diesel Figo in trend variant which i'm not too keen on

Yeah but thanks to limited stocks and the surprisingly low price of the freestyle, i'm wondering if the base model of freestyle with its decent feature list makes a better option.

Haha, thats actually not always true. I remember when we got the Ecosport after months of waiting, the Sales associate called up my place only to have a staff at hospital answer it but he still specially told him to write down a long code which turned out to be the VIN no. this was after 3 months of waiting without any info on when the car was coming. BTW, which ford dealer did you get your car from?
Sent dealer details in Inbox, my experience was good with this dealer. I would also recommend to avoid Harpreet ford based on my limited interaction with them.
Sang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2018, 12:18   #3966
Senior - BHPian

Make: Tata
Model: Tigor
Variant: XZA AMT (Petrol)
Color: Expresso Brown
Date of booking: 2nd August 2018
Estimated Date of Delivery: 15-17th Aug 2018
Offers: Free Basic Insurance (Had to pay Rs.5500 for BTB Insurance which is not included here)
Promised: Exchange offer Rs.15000 if exchanged through them, otherwise Rs.10000.
Name of the Dealer: KVR Dream Vehicles Pvt Ltd, Kannur
On Road price: ₹ 729,432 excluding exchange bonus and accessories
Festival Offers: Scratch & Win coupons and mega bumper prize: Nexon (Offer from Tata for Kerala State in view of forthcoming Onam festival)
nairrk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2018, 22:46   #3967
BHPian

Booked S-Cross
Variant: Zeta
Colour: Premium Silver
Booked date: 6/8/18
Expected Delivery:22/8/18
Dealer: Nexa Rohan motors Noida
Offer: Total Discount approx Rs 1,30,000
On Road Price: Unbelievable Rs 9.98lakhs

I checked the car in person. Its fresh from the oven, manufactured In August 2018.

Actually, i am buying through CSD canteen, hence the discount. Otherwise no offer from dealer.

Last edited by car-dent : 20th August 2018 at 22:48.
Old 21st August 2018, 12:58   #3968
A M
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by typlo View Post
I noticed it happens only on cold unlocks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A M View Post
It doesn't happen. Especially got up to check it out at 4 AM
Ah! BHPians.

The flicker was there yesterday. And it was quite noticeable. Need to find out the reason. Shall ask when I take it for the first service.
A M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2018, 16:31   #3969
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A M View Post
The flicker was there yesterday. And it was quite noticeable. Need to find out the reason. Shall ask when I take it for the first service.
Accept my most sincere apologies for the same, but I'm very happy to know that the flicker isn't some electrical fault on my unit.

I went to the service dealer and demonstrated the flicker after waiting about 10 minutes after locking the car. The SA told me that it is normal (for some reason?) and doesn't affect any functionality whether electrical or mechanical. Probably some human error in the programming on the electronics is my best guess. I wouldn't worry much about it even if cannot be resolved. I have come to terms with the problem and I just focus on enjoying the driving experience now. Will still get it checked at first service (besides some rattles in the left door).
typlo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2018, 16:56   #3970
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Name of the Dealer: KVR Dream Vehicles Pvt Ltd, Kannur
On Road price: ₹ 729,432 excluding exchange bonus and accessories
Festival Offers: Scratch & Win coupons and mega bumper prize: Nexon (Offer from Tata for Kerala State in view of forthcoming Onam festival)
Be careful about buying vehicles in Kerala for a few weeks. There were reports of cars being damaged in Chennai floods being sold to customers in other cities of Tamil Nadu. Check the vehicle extensively before paying the full amount.
Old 22nd August 2018, 07:28   #3971
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autorahul View Post
Be careful about buying vehicles in Kerala for a few weeks. There were reports of cars being damaged in Chennai floods being sold to customers in other cities of Tamil Nadu. Check the vehicle extensively before paying the full amount.
Thanks for your guidance - indeed, will check the car before paying the full amount (by checking the VIN, we will know the month of manufacturing?).

In the meantime, I was told by the dealer that there is some shortage for XZA variant hence there may be more delay in getting the car.
Old 23rd August 2018, 16:27   #3972
Senior - BHPian

Booked 2018 Honda Jazz Petrol VX CVT yesterday.
Details below:

Make : Honda
Model : Jazz
Variant : VX
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : 22-Aug-18
Color : Modern Steel Metallic
Expected Delivery Date : Mid September
Dealer & City : Pinnacle Honda, Kolkata
Freebies : Rs 4000 corporate discount. Discounted Honda genuine seat covers
Others : Trading in my 2009 i10 Asta A/T for 1.25 lakhs
Final On road price: 10.18 lakhs (Ex showroom + Registration + 5 yr road tax + essential kit + Honda Assure zero dep insurance from Bajaj Allianz + 5 yr 100K km extended warranty + 5 yr RSA + Honda genuine seat cover) - minus the trade in value of the old car.

Last edited by blackasta : 23rd August 2018 at 16:30.
blackasta is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th August 2018, 00:11   #3973
Senior - BHPian

Make: Tata
Model: Nexon
Variant: XMA AMT (Petrol)
Color: Sapphire
Date of booking: 23rd August 2018
Estimated Date of Delivery: 30th Aug 2018
Offers: Approx. 7000 discount
Name of the Dealer: Sagar Motors, Noida
On Road price: Immaterial
Lease Rent - 23126 per month (3yr. with buy out at 2.5 lacs)
Old 24th August 2018, 00:32   #3974
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Others : Trading in my 2009 i10 Asta A/T for 1.25 lakhs
Any particular reason for the upgrade? Doesn't 9 lakhs over the i10 feel a bit steep for going just a segment higher?

I believe your i10 already had ABS, airbags and even a sunroof -
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2018, 00:47   #3975
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Any particular reason for the upgrade? Doesn't 9 lakhs over the i10 feel a bit steep for going just a segment higher?

I believe your i10 already had ABS, airbags and even a sunroof -
The i10 has run for 9 years and 95K kms.

Needed the following to keep it on road for the next year:

1. Insurance renewal on Sept 2018 (6K)
2. New set of tires in the next couple of months as the current ones have run for 45K+ (16-18K)
3. Road tax on Sept 2019 (25-26K)
4. Steering wheel clock spring replacement which had resulted in horns not working intermittently (3-4K)
5. Some noise is coming when I engage the AC - possibly the water pump or belts (unknown cost)
6. Rusting started on lower edge of running boards (no real remediation beside changing the entire panels - cost unknown)
7. New seat covers (7-8K)
8. Planned to change the A/T oil after 100K kms (appx cost 9-10K)
9. 2 PMS (7-8K)

When I took the above facts into consideration, it seemed that this is the tipping point where putting more money into the existing car is not really justified.

Mechanically, there is zero problem with the engine + gearbox of the i10 till date. Yes, safety features wise it is pretty much the same as Jazz (2 Airbags + ABS).

Last edited by blackasta : 24th August 2018 at 00:50.
blackasta is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks