Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2018, 08:09   #3976
Senior - BHPian

Re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

After a lot of contemplation, jumping up and down segments, finally booked a new car that will be jointly used between the better half and me.

Make: Volkswagen
Model: Polo
Variant: GT TSI
Color: Red
Date of booking: 25th August 2018
Estimated Date of Delivery: 10th Sep 2018
Name of the Dealer: Volkswagen Downtown, Mumbai
On Road price (without offer) - 11.27L includes 3 Years Extended warranty, Zero Dep Insuranace with RSA+ VW Original accessory Rear Camera + Standard extra fitments like mudflaps etc.

Final Price negotiated - 10.95L

Finance Interest - 9% with no advance EMI, zero processing with HDFC.

My happy family gets a new sibling

The "I Booked my Car" Thread-my-car-pic.jpg
MileCruncher is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th August 2018, 23:58   #3977
BHPian

Team BHP is definitely the richest (yep that's the right adjective) forum for unadulterated information on cars in India. Hooked onto this platform for quite a while, I decided to put on record my first purchase decision as a part of this community:

Need: City commute, automatic. I recently joined the JVLR-everyday bandwagon!
Family Order: Second car. The Dzire does primary duty.
Make: Tata
Model: Tiago
Variant: XZA AMT
Fuel: Petrol
Booking Date: 15th Aug 2018
Color: Berry Red
Expected Delivery Date: 29th Aug 2018. Can't see it happening, don't expect it either
Dealer & City: Concorde Motors (Andheri), Mumbai
Freebies: INR 8000 worth accessories as part of the deal. Chose an armrest and door sun vizors since I personally can't have chrome handles, black rubber guards all around, etc. Floormats as well - unwritten so I yet have to see.
Exchange Offer: I am trading in my Fiat Linea 1.4L Classic from 2014 and got an exchange offer of 10k. It's standard.
Other Offers: Insurance this month is free. They typically provide a discount for comprehensive insurance and add a line item for zero dep. Both are inflated, so the differential you pay is a tidy bit. I got them to change it to a net zero, taking comprehensive insurance. Unfortunately they don't allow for an equivalent cash benefit, else I could have gone online and saved some.
Old 28th August 2018, 10:40   #3978
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Make: Tata
Model: Tigor
Variant: XZA AMT (Petrol)
Color: Expresso Brown
Date of booking: 2nd August 2018
Estimated Date of Delivery: 15-17th Aug 2018
Though the car was booked on 2nd of August, unfortunately the dealer is unable to give any specific date of delivery. Have already sent email complaints to Tata Customer who in-turn forwarded same to the dealer itself but no action yet.

In view of this delay, I am now thinking of going to another car and I like the Hyundai Xcent SX or SX (O) variant. Any opinion/guidance from you guys?
Old 28th August 2018, 11:17   #3979
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Though the car was booked on 2nd of August, unfortunately the dealer is unable to give any specific date of delivery. Have already sent email complaints to Tata Customer who in-turn forwarded same to the dealer itself but no action yet.

In view of this delay, I am now thinking of going to another car and I like the Hyundai Xcent SX or SX (O) variant. Any opinion/guidance from you guys?
Hyundai XCent has a 4-speed torque converter gearbox. While it is ancient technology, it is likely to be much more robust and certainly smoother than the AMT box in the Tigor. Best suited to a more sedate driving style.

Other options in this segment are
Ford Aspire: some reports of troublesome dual-clutch transmission, and you could squeeze out eye-watering discounts from the dealer
Honda Amaze: lots of positive reviews of the engine+CVT gearbox combination, but it is a diesel
VW Ameo: notorious DSG gearbox, offered only with diesel.
Maruti DZire: my lips are sealed.

Last edited by KiloAlpha : 28th August 2018 at 11:23.
KiloAlpha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2018, 11:49   #3980
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
Hyundai XCent has a 4-speed torque converter gearbox. While it is ancient technology, it is likely to be much more robust and certainly smoother than the AMT box in the Tigor. Best suited to a more sedate driving style.

Other options in this segment are
Ford Aspire: some reports of troublesome dual-clutch transmission, and you could squeeze out eye-watering discounts from the dealer
Honda Amaze: lots of positive reviews of the engine+CVT gearbox combination, but it is a diesel
VW Ameo: notorious DSG gearbox, offered only with diesel.
Maruti DZire: my lips are sealed.
Thanks - if at all I select Xcent then it should be either SX or SXO variant as AT only on S variant which misses many good features (I prefer Reverse Camera & GPS navigation on the audio screen).

Yes, Aspire comes with good discount (up to Rs.85000, I believe?). No VW. Maruti Dzire - not yet considered.

I want petrol variant only and the budget under 7.5L
Old 30th August 2018, 17:46   #3981
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Booked 2018 Honda Jazz Petrol VX CVT yesterday.
Got a call from the Honda sales guy that the car has been unloaded from the truck, and then he sent me the engine & VIN number of the car over Whatsapp.

Planning to visit the showroom tomorrow to check the car in their yard, and then make the balance payment (51k booking + 1.25 lakh against old car + 3 lakh balance payment + rest about 5.42 from loan).
Old 30th August 2018, 19:38   #3982
AJo
BHPian

Finally took the plunge into the Big German Trio!
Booked!!
Make: BMW
Model & Variant: X1 M Sport (FWD)
Color: Estoril Blue with Mocha interiors
Date of booking: 18th August 2018
Estimated Date of Delivery: 7th Sep 2018
Name of the Dealer: Bavaria Motors, Pune
On Road price negotiated: 45.10L includes 3rd Year Extended warranty, Zero Dep Insurance, BMW Original accessories (worth 63k) & RTO.
AJo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2018, 23:53   #3983
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Got a call from the Honda sales guy that the car has been unloaded from the truck, and then he sent me the engine & VIN number of the car over Whatsapp.

Planning to visit the showroom tomorrow to check the car in their yard, and then make the balance payment (51k booking + 1.25 lakh against old car + 3 lakh balance payment + rest about 5.42 from loan).
Went to the yard to check the car - satisfied and made the balance payment from my end via cheque.
The VIN matched with the one that the sales adviser had passed on to me, and the tire code is 2918 (29th week manufactured, while we are currently on the 35th week of 2018). Got MRF ZVTV tires.

Now the dealer shall process the loan disbursement, registration, road tax etc from next week, and possibly deliver the car between 10-12 Sep.

Some quick shots from the PDI:

The "I Booked my Car" Thread-img_20180901_125624.jpg

The "I Booked my Car" Thread-img_20180901_125616.jpg

The "I Booked my Car" Thread-img_20180901_125439.jpg
blackasta is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2018, 00:04   #3984
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Some quick shots from the PDI:
Congrats! Have they removed the magic seats from all the variants?
Old 2nd September 2018, 00:06   #3985
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Congrats! Have they removed the magic seats from all the variants?
Yes - no more magic seats in Jazz.
Old 4th September 2018, 21:37   #3986
Distinguished - BHPian

Make : Ford
Model : EcoSport
Variant : 1.5L Trend MT
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : 04/09/2018
Color : Canyon Ridge
Expected Delivery Date : Before end of September, 2018
Freebies : Not negotiated
Accessories Planned: Fog lamps, alloy wheels, seat covers & a body cover.
Price : Rs 9.65L OTR
Booking Amount : Rs 5,000/-
Dealership : Vardhman Ford, Kumhari, Durg
Other Details :
- After my promotion about 2 months back, I am eligible for a new car under company lease. One condition that it should be near the 8.5 lakh rupees ex-showroom mark, not more. Scrounged the market for good, latest crossover UV options and the only petrol crossover option which impressed in overall driveability in this price bracket was the 1.5L Dragon. Much better than the 1.2L Dragon under the Freestyle's bonnet.
- Waited for the new Ciaz but it didn't impress enough as an overall package once it came out, plus its a sedan.
- No response from the local Honda guys for the City S MT.
- Nexa guys couldn't accommodate the new S-Cross Sigma in the pricing requirement (plus, diesel).
- Not too impressed by the WR-V or new Jazz petrols, although the Edge/Alive edition was a distant second in my list.
- Didn't consider any hatchbacks or other sedans in this price range.
- Already own Cygnus (Nexon XZ+ diesel) so ruled out Nexon petrol.
- No, I don't want to wait for the Mahindra S201 either.
- With most of the features of the EcoSport range + that excellent 1.5L Dragon powering it, the EcoSport is the de-facto petrol choice in this price range, now that the City S MT is closing on the 9L ex-showroom mark.
RavenAvi is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 5th September 2018, 08:09   #3987
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Make : Ford
Model : EcoSport
Variant : 1.5L Trend MT
Congratulations sir, trend is the most VFM model out of all the EcoSport models, are you going to ditch any of your rides which I find perfect(both are SUV's and the Nexon is same size), didn't you have an option to get any of your cars transferred to company name and enjoy the perks?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 5th September 2018 at 09:07. Reason: Trimming quoted post. A large quoted post inconveniences our small screen users. Thanks.
dhruvritzed is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th September 2018, 19:26   #3988
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvritzed View Post
Congratulations sir, trend is the most VFM model out of all the EcoSport models, are you going to ditch any of your rides which I find perfect(both are SUV's and the Nexon is same size), didn't you have an option to get any of your cars transferred to company name and enjoy the perks?
Thank you.

No, all my other cars will stay with me. Other cars are already under loans from my banks, so letting them stay. Also, my company isn't ready to transfer an existing hypothecated car under their company lease.

Plus, I am basically getting a new car for free for the next 6 years, so didn't want to pass the chance.
Old 5th September 2018, 19:30   #3989
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Thank you.

No, all my other cars will stay with me. Other cars are already under loans from my banks, so letting them stay. Also, my company isn't ready to transfer an existing hypothecated car under their company lease.

Plus, I am basically getting a new car for free for the next 6 years, so didn't want to pass the chance.
That's a garage anyone would love to have sir, though I think you'd not like the lack of torque after driving two torque monsters with upwards of 250nm torque, EcoSport being just a normally aspirated petrol may not provide the push, would wholeheartedly recommend the diesel too. Might just make a case for itself, plus I think you can really consider the Mahindra TUV 300 or the brezza/ scross.
dhruvritzed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2018, 20:10   #3990
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvritzed View Post
That's a garage anyone would love to have sir, though I think you'd not like the lack of torque after driving two torque monsters with upwards of 250nm torque, EcoSport being just a normally aspirated petrol may not provide the push, would wholeheartedly recommend the diesel too. Might just make a case for itself, plus I think you can really consider the Mahindra TUV 300 or the brezza/ scross.
Budget, my dear.

See the first point in the "Other Details" section of my post above.

Company will give me a petrol car only, and that too at 8.5 lakhs ex-showroom. Not a rupee above. Company lease has strict guidelines for ex-factory & ex-showroom prices and also the fuel type.

And the new 1.5L Dragon under the EcoSport's hood is excellent to drive, both inside the city and on the highways. Do take a TD if you haven't, already. I wholeheartedly recommend it.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 5th September 2018 at 20:11.
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks