Team-BHP > What Car?

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2018, 22:10   #4066
BHPian

Re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

I am buying my first car and have narrowed down to the Nexon zx+.
I made my booking yesterday while asking the sales manager for the 5-star GNCAP rated model. He said they would provide me the same.

However, he also mentioned that since "the manufacturing plant is shut in December, with no new stocks left", they would give me 1-2 month old models of my preferred color.
Today, I noticed the nexon website mentions that 5-star GNCAP models are only those that are manufactured from Dec 7 onwards.
I immediately called the dealer and asked them to check the validity of the claim on old 5-star models, and mentioned that I want the 5-star model as stated while booking. He said he will update me in a day or two. Any advice on how I should navigate this issue would be very helpful. I want my first car buying experience to be pleasant and get the safest possible car while paying such a huge sum.

Thanks!
Old 10th December 2018, 22:20   #4067
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anirban001 View Post
I am buying my first car and have narrowed down to the Nexon zx+.
I made my booking yesterday while asking the sales manager for the 5-star GNCAP rated model. He said they would provide me the same.

However, he also mentioned that since "the manufacturing plant is shut in December, with no new stocks left", they would give me 1-2 month old models of my preferred color.
Today, I noticed the nexon website mentions that 5-star GNCAP models are only those that are manufactured from Dec 7 onwards.
I immediately called the dealer and asked them to check the validity of the claim on old 5-star models, and mentioned that I want the 5-star model as stated while booking. He said he will update me in a day or two. Any advice on how I should navigate this issue would be very helpful. I want my first car buying experience to be pleasant and get the safest possible car while paying such a huge sum.

Thanks!
Yes, you would need december 2018 onwards VIN, infact the gncap website also mentions the start of the VIN series that it is applicable to.

To be on the safer side and to also get the benefits of better resale value later, would suggest you to ask the dealer to get you a Jan 2019 manufactured model. It should be available within the first week of 2019 given the good rate at which they are selling cars. This would give peace of mind on both aspects. And in any case do not make full payment without getting the VIN of the car and personally inspecting it.
agambhandari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2018, 23:55   #4068
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Yes, you would need december 2018 onwards VIN, infact the gncap website also mentions the start of the VIN series that it is applicable to.

To be on the safer side and to also get the benefits of better resale value later, would suggest you to ask the dealer to get you a Jan 2019 manufactured model. It should be available within the first week of 2019 given the good rate at which they are selling cars. This would give peace of mind on both aspects. And in any case do not make full payment without getting the VIN of the car and personally inspecting it.
Is it true that the manufacturing plant is shut in December? Or is it just the dealer playing tricks. I am confused, since new models are being manufactured Dec 7 onwards.
Old 11th December 2018, 00:16   #4069
BANNED

Quote:
Is it true that the manufacturing plant is shut in December? Or is it just the dealer playing tricks. I am confused, since new models are being manufactured Dec 7 onwards.
No it's not true that the plants are shut. They make products obviously but usually with most companies there is a holiday of 10-15 days so as to not make surplus cars since they would have to be sold next year with a discount. Yet, if you are not in much of a hurry I would suggest you to get a January manufactured car
Old 13th December 2018, 22:13   #4070
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
No it's not true that the plants are shut. They make products obviously but usually with most companies there is a holiday of 10-15 days so as to not make surplus cars since they would have to be sold next year with a discount. Yet, if you are not in much of a hurry I would suggest you to get a January manufactured car
I followed up with the dealership after no updates from them over 4 days. The sales guy said that the 5-star unit could be delivered only by January first week, whereas the manager said that those units will only have January VIN with increased prices and the current deal would be void. I don't know if he is trying deliberately to push me to agree to an older model to meet his monthly quotas. I may ask them to cancel my booking because I anyways don't want a 4-star model. Feeling betrayed by the dealer. My first car buying experience not going well

Please advice.
Old 14th December 2018, 09:57   #4071
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I followed up with the dealership after no updates from them over 4 days. The sales guy said that the 5-star unit could be delivered only by January first week, whereas the manager said that those units will only have January VIN with increased prices and the current deal would be void. I don't know if he is trying deliberately to push me to agree to an older model to meet his monthly quotas. I may ask them to cancel my booking because I anyways don't want a 4-star model. Feeling betrayed by the dealer. My first car buying experience not going well

Please advice.
While pushing November/ December models is not a new sales method for all dealerships, it is also true that many manufacturers hike their prices in January each year, citing raw material cost increase etc. This may result in a marginal increase in the price of your vehicle. Also, offers for December are often not available in January, given that in December, sales people are more amenable to bargaining and provide better discounts to clear inventory for this year.

However, if you are insistent on getting the new model, you will have to wait it out for a month and absorb the cost increase. Offers wise, if you are a good bargainer, you might be able to land up with same or similar discounts in the new year as well. All the best !
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2018, 17:21   #4072
BHPian

Replacing our 4 year old Verna 1.4 VTVT CX, which I'm selling off to a good friend and colleague.

Make : Ford
Model : Ecosport
Variant : 1.5L Titanium + AT
Fuel : Petrol
Color : Diamond White
Booking Date : 06th Dec, 2018
Expected Delivery Date : 21st Dec, 2018
Dealer & City : Chennai Ford, Arumbakkam, Chennai.
Total Discounts : 40K in cash and 5K insurance discount. 3rd year warranty as corporate discount
Freebies : Essential kit which includes Floor mats, boot mats and mud gaurds
Price On-Road : ₹13,30,000
Booking Amount : ₹1,00,000
ramprakashr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2018, 21:21   #4073
BHPian

After much confusion between Dzire and Baleno, decided to go ahead with Baleno. Things in favour of Dzire were back seat comfort (rear ac vents as well as handrest) and also the pseudo-sedan feeling. But I felt the driving position of baleno better. The black interior was also a plus point.

Make : Maruti-Suzuki
Model : Baleno
Variant : Zeta
Booking Date : 15/12/2018
Color : White
Expected Delivery Date : within 1 week
Booking Amount : Rs 11,000/-
Ex-Showroom : 692855/-
Insurance : 34408/-
Road Tax : 55428/-
5 Year Extended warranty : 11352/-
Registration Fee : 950/-
Basic Accessories Kit : 7834/-
My Nexa Loyalty Card: 1180/-
Suzuki Connect : 9999/-
Fastag : 500/-
Total On-Road Price : 814506/-
Discounts : 15000 cash discount and 7000 corporate discount
Freebies : none
Accessories Planned : Touch Screen Infotainment system - Sony XAV 5000, reverse camera. Quoted about 30000 for the entire setup which includes some connectors as well.

I am planning to not opt for basic accessories kit which includes vacuum cleaner,mats and perfume. Instead I am planning to get seat cover and mats installed.

How useful is the My Nexa Loyalty Card? Should I opt for this?

Also the SA was pushing for completing the entire payment at the earliest and was reluctant to allow PDI of vehicle before payment. However I was adamant that full payment will be done only after performing PDI (thanks to Team-BHP). As per the SA, the vehicle will reach the yard tonight and I'll get to do a PDI tomorrow.
deep4u is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th December 2018, 02:57   #4074
BHPian

After nearly 6 years of driving the Figo TDCI, I finally decided to let go of it. I needed to upgrade & the cars that I was looking at were, Ford Aspire, Freestyle, TuV 300, SCorss & Ecosport. After a month of research & test drives, I finally settled for the Ecosport TDCI(Blue Lightning).

Make: Ford
Model:Ecosport
variantTitanium TDCi
Colour:Lightning Blue
On Road Price: ₹12,24,000/-
Discount:₹65,000/-; 3 & 4 Th year warranty
Net Price:₹11,59,000/-
Finance:SBI
Delivery: Delivered
iamsai_iyer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th December 2018, 11:30   #4075
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
While pushing November/ December models is not a new sales method for all dealerships, it is also true that many manufacturers hike their prices in January each year, citing raw material cost increase etc. This may result in a marginal increase in the price of your vehicle. Also, offers for December are often not available in January, given that in December, sales people are more amenable to bargaining and provide better discounts to clear inventory for this year.

However, if you are insistent on getting the new model, you will have to wait it out for a month and absorb the cost increase. Offers wise, if you are a good bargainer, you might be able to land up with same or similar discounts in the new year as well. All the best !
Thanks to Team-BHP for the advice. I finally cancelled the first booking and rebooked the following with another dealer who assured of the 5-star model in writing. Awaiting the refund for the cancellation.

Make : Tata Motors
Model : Nexon 5-Star GNCAP
Variant : XZ+
Color : Calgary White
Expected Delivery Date : 20th Jan, 2019
Total Discounts : Free 2-yr AMC + 2-yr EW + 5k Corporate Discount
Freebies : Mats and mud guards
Price On-Road : ₹10,30,000
Booking Amount : ₹11,000

Hopefully this time I will have a smooth buying experience and will get a recently manufactured unit
Anirban001 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th December 2018, 14:39   #4076
BHPian

Feeling very excited to get a chance (after a long wait) to post on this thread.

After test driving Ecosport, Nexon, City and verna, finalized on Verna. Impressed with the build quality, fit and finish, features on offer and willingness and promptness of dealer to close the deal.

Make : Hyundai
Model : Verna
Variant : SX Manual
Color : Black
Expected Delivery Date : 30th Dec, 2018 or before
Total Discounts : 20K cash + 30K exchange bonus + dealer offer
Freebies : Floor Mats
Price On-Road : ₹10,00,000
Booking Amount : ₹25,000
Old 18th December 2018, 15:57   #4077
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
Model : Baleno
Variant : Delta CVT
Booking Date : 08th Dec, 2018
Expected Delivery Date : 14th Dec, 2018
Total Discounts : Close to 60k including corporate discount, cash discount, etc
Freebies : Floor mats, boot mats and mud gaurds
Price On-Road : ₹7,99,000
Shifu, Did you take delivery as mentioned on 14th. From what I know, you have got the highest discounts ever on a Baleno, not to forget freebies. MSIL is usually very cheap when it comes to giving freebies.

My friend is looking at a delta CVT in Kerala. His On road after all the discounts comes to around 8.35! This when the Road tax in Kerala is lesser than Hyderabad.
RaghuVis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2018, 16:49   #4078
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuVis View Post
Shifu, Did you take delivery as mentioned on 14th. From what I know, you have got the highest discounts ever on a Baleno, not to forget freebies. MSIL is usually very cheap when it comes to giving freebies.

My friend is looking at a delta CVT in Kerala. His On road after all the discounts comes to around 8.35! This when the Road tax in Kerala is lesser than Hyderabad.

Yes, I have taken the delivery. They tried to extort an additional Rs 5K from me at the time of delivery, but I held my ground. They are yet to give me the mud gaurds.

Does his cost include the extended warranty, some "loyalty card", etc? I removed all this and 7.99L includes only the Ex showroom, Road tax, Insurance and FastTag.
shifu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2018, 09:51   #4079
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nav-i-gator View Post
Feeling very excited to get a chance (after a long wait) to post on this thread.

After test driving Ecosport, Nexon, City and verna, finalized on Verna. Impressed with the build quality, fit and finish, features on offer and willingness and promptness of dealer to close the deal.

Variant : SX Manual
Color : Black
Price On-Road : ₹10,00,000
Booking Amount : ₹25,000
Had to change the color option :

Variant : SX Manual (New Trim)
Color : Flame Orange
Price On-Road : ₹9,99,000
Booking Amount : ₹2,25,000
Old 19th December 2018, 10:50   #4080
BHPian

Took Delivery of my new car.
Booking details are as below:

Make : Ford
Model : Ecosport
Variant : 1.5L Ti-VCT, 3Cyl Titanium + AT
Color : Moon Dust Silver
Booking Date : 09th Dec, 2018
Delivery Date : 17th Dec, 2018
Dealer & City : Harpreet Ford, Gurgaon.
Total Discounts : Insurance discount, Cash Discounts as part of Ford Midnight Sale
Accessories : Rear Spoiler, Window Visors, Rear window and windshield blinds, Essential kit which includes Floor mats, boot mat and mud flaps, Car Air Purifier
Price On-Road : ₹12,60,500
Booking Amount : ₹20,000
sharanvenu is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed