Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2019, 12:52   #4171
BHPian

Re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivkumar19 View Post
Time for the 12yr Old trust worthy Wagon R to give way for cute little KWID climber 2019 model

Update. Cancelled the KWID booking and booked a Celerio-X AGS VXI. Reason = peace of mind in terms of number of service stations and brand (my personal feelings).

Last edited by GTO : 1st May 2019 at 08:37. Reason: Poorly typed posts. Please type your posts out properly
shivkumar19 is offline   (2) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 30th April 2019, 20:05   #4172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivkumar19 View Post
Update. Cancelled the KWID booking and booked a Celerio-X AGS VXI. Reason = peace of mind in terms of number of service stations and brand (my personal feelings).
Kwid wasn't bad option, there aren't bad reputations for Renault service to screw up badly. Yes there are those push selling attempts at service but not much outright fraudulent reports.

Secondly, did you consider giving Santro AMT a try. Reports suggest, that AMT is much superior over Maurti !! Last of all, Celerio is yet to receive the much needed safety updates (crash test) compare to new generation Santro body shell.

Thanks

Last edited by GTO : 1st May 2019 at 08:39. Reason: Quoted post edited
NaXal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2019, 20:52   #4173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by padukulkarni9 View Post
... Model: Verna
Variant: SX(O) AT
Discount: 95039/-
Can you provide break up of discounts?

Last edited by khan_sultan : 3rd May 2019 at 14:46. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
Old 3rd May 2019, 16:16   #4174
BHPian

Make: Maruti Suzuki
Model: Ertiga
Variant: ZXi AT
Fuel: Petrol
On-road Price: 12 lakhs [Approx. Incl 4th and 5th yr extended warranty, basic accessories worth ₹ 8,000/., Insurance and 12% road tax assuming there is no second vehicle regd in my name]
Booking Date: 27/03/2019
Color: Metallic Silky Silver
Expected Delivery Date: ~ July 2019, 22 - 24 weeks as per the document (but the SA mentioned that one can arrive within 10-12 weeks, no guarantee though)
Dealer & City: Varun Motors, Hyderabad
Freebies: None, offered some discounts on Accessories if I choose them from the showroom

While I was looking at several cars in the budget range of 12-14 lakhs, I booked Ertiga for its VFM benefits by paying ₹ 11,000/. as there was a long waiting period. I can cancel it anytime until an allocation happens and I will lose about ₹ 250/. if I do so.

Make: Hyundai
Model: Venue
Variant: Was not asked while booking, but I am considering 1.0 Turbo GDI DCT SX+ only subject to the condition that it still has 6 airbags, confused b/w SX(O) and SX+ trims in terms of which has what, etc
Fuel: Petrol
Booking Date: 22/04/2019
Booking Amount: ₹ 50,000/. [I was told that there would be a cancellation fee of ₹ 3,000/. at that time but Hyundai themselves advertised that there is no cancellation fee for Venue as of yesterday]
Color: Typhoon Silver
Expected Delivery Date: Assured early delivery, I don't have a specific date but I was told that the TD/ Display vehicles may arrive by May 21 and deliveries can start post that. I read on some forum that around 9000 vehicles have already been manufactured and might help them make fast deliveries for initial bookings.
Dealer & City: Kun United, Hyderabad
Freebies: None

If the on-road price in Hyderabad goes beyond ₹ 14 lakhs for Venue or if there are only 2 airbags in the top-end Auto trim, I am doubtful if I will still prefer it or rather choose Ecosport instead.
kalyan_hyd is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th May 2019, 15:09   #4175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post
Booking Amount: ₹ 50,000/. [I was told that there would be a cancellation fee of ₹ 3,000/. at that time but Hyundai themselves advertised that there is no cancellation fee for Venue as of yesterday]
Erm, since you have not booked Venue online but via a dealer who explicitly mentioned that there will a cancellation fee of Rs. 3000, then the dealer might actually charge the fee. Official Venue bookings are for Rs. 21000 and not for Rs. 50000. I'd check with the dealer once if I was you.
kubectl is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th May 2019, 09:57   #4176
BHPian

Make : Skoda
Model : Kodiaq
Variant : L&K
Fuel Type : Diesel
Color : Moon White
Dealer : TAFE Access, St Marks Road, Bangalore
Booking Date : 6th May 2019
Booking Amount : 30k Rupees
Estimated Date of Delivery : +/-10 Days
Price on Road : 45l
sandeepsarma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th May 2019, 10:40   #4177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubectl View Post
Erm, since you have not booked Venue online but via a dealer who explicitly mentioned that there will a cancellation fee of Rs. 3000, then the dealer might actually charge the fee. Official Venue bookings are for Rs. 21000 and not for Rs. 50000. I'd check with the dealer once if I was you.
You are absolutely right. So, mentally I am prepared to lose that 3k if the dealer insists, however the receipt issued to me had nothing 'written' about the cancellation fees. Since the booking was offline much before the official bookings started for Venue, the manager at the local showroom just collected a cheque for Rs 50,000/. and had verbally mentioned about the cancellation fees, being the regular Hyundai policy for all other cars. He specifically said that it is Hyundai that charges the cancellation fees and not the dealer so I am guessing, I may just be spared the blushes in case I go ahead with the cancellation.

Since the top-end Automatic trim does not have 6 airbags and quite a few other important safety features, I am most likely to cancel this booking. I will wait for the display/ TD vehicles to arrive before finalizing on the cancellation. Alternatively, I can pass on the booking (in terms of seniority) to someone else wanting Hyundai Venue.
kalyan_hyd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2019, 09:57   #4178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadie_swift View Post
I have taken the leap of faith, and booked an Octavia 1.8 TSI Style.
Frankly it's been a long while (nearly 8 years) since I bought a new car, and I'm astonished at the overall CRM process and customer oriented nature Skoda has displayed so far. I can only hope and pray that the same continues after delivery too!

Not sure if all manufacturers are doing it these days, but for every communication I get from the dealer (Autobahn Andheri West), there is a parallel communication/confirmation from Skoda by call or message.

Right from a generic booking confirmation call, to a separate call for variant and colour confirmation, down to the "amount and instrument used for payment of booking amount" Skoda reps have been in constant touch with me.

I received a message to confirm booking details. Then a separate message last week confirming that my car has been allotted to the Dealer. There were a few changes to the specifics of registration, for which again I received a call to confirm whether I had indeed requested these changes.

While Autobahn has given me a great experience so far (shout-out to Shashank and Ritesh from Autobahn team), I get a feeling that Skoda has perhaps learned a lesson from the stunts pulled by some of its other dealers earlier, and hence has decided to take the logical approach of confirming everything from the end-user directly.

I am loving it! And sincerely hope that this customer centricity continues throughout the life cycle of the car, and into the eventual upgrade!

Currently bearing the agonizing waiting period before delivery, will update with delivery experience (hopefully) soon!

Cheers,
R_S
roadie_swift is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th May 2019, 23:42   #4179
BHPian

Booked- Ford Ecosport Titanium
Diamond white
Petrol
Delivery tomorrow, yep, 16th May
Dealer Ganges Ford, KOL.
Cancelled- Audi A4
Reason- Lack of colour choice, indifferent dealership.
Cancelled- Ford Endeavour
Reason- Same as above + Manoeuvrability.
Old 16th May 2019, 11:57   #4180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgic3r View Post

Cancelled- Audi A4
Wow; A solid decisive shift in segment from an A4 & Endeavour. Congrats on the vehicle

My Booking

I booked and took delivery of a 2018 85ps RXS duster in April 2019 at a discount of 1.85 lacs.

This 2018 vehicle does not come with free insurance as provided by Renault for the 2019 vehicle; so effective discount is 1.35 lacs which i feel covers 1 year depreciation. so an even deal I feel.

Last edited by silvercloud : 16th May 2019 at 12:20.
silvercloud is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th May 2019, 19:10   #4181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercloud View Post
Wow; A solid decisive shift in segment from an A4 & Endeavour. Congrats on the vehicle

My Booking

I booked and took delivery of a 2018 85ps RXS duster in April 2019 at a discount of 1.85 lacs.

This 2018 vehicle does not come with free insurance as provided by Renault for the 2019 vehicle; so effective discount is 1.35 lacs which i feel covers 1 year depreciation. so an even deal I feel.
Family members took delivery of our new ecosport today. The reason we chose it over other cars was parking space(or lack of it) in Kolkata. And besides, no other petrol suv does it better than the ecosport! Congrats on your buy!
Old 19th May 2019, 23:00   #4182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgic3r View Post
Diamond white
Petrol
Delivery tomorrow, yep, 16th May
Dealer Ganges Ford, KOL.
Cancelled- Audi A4
Could you provide the pricing details. How are the discounts going for the EcoSport.
Old 20th May 2019, 06:53   #4183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandx View Post
Could you provide the pricing details. How are the discounts going for the EcoSport.
Ex-showroom was around 9.5L(give or take few 1000s) for Titanium in Kolkata. Titanium+ was beyond official budget. Got a discount of 20k, on road price being no problem since the company was going to see to that. So final ex-showroom, including basic accesories pack+Teflon,antitrust, something’s called “door cavity protection” comes to 9.3L+11,000rs.(this wasn’t funded)
Ganges Ford gave a pretty good discount considering this vehicle is going to be used as an office vehicle and not a personal one. This made us cancel the endeavour and they weren’t budging on the latter’s price anyway.

Delivery was given a week later than promised. Also, they allotted us a driver for Pooja outside nearby and he wanted 500 bucks to just stand next to the car. But otherwise pretty transparent and hassle free experience at Ganges.
Nostalgic3r is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th May 2019, 19:38   #4184
BHPian

Quote:
Currently bearing the agonizing waiting period before delivery, will update with delivery experience (hopefully) soon!

Cheers,
R_S
She's here! But not home yet.

Just did my pre-registration check with Autobahn. Car was driven down from Bhiwandi to Andheri West (apx 45 km), and the total odo reading shows 60km.

The "I Booked my Car" Thread-img_20190520_172603.jpg

Rest everything seems to be intact, nothing untoward, no signs of any scratches / repairs etc.

Tyres are Goodyears :( and bear the mark "1319" which I presume means the 13th week of 2019, i.e. April 1st week. Checked the VIN and that was also matching. Forgot to check the battery though.

The accessories guy also made quite a hard-sell pitch for a black vinyl wrap on the roof (12k) and magnetic window curtains (4k) which, in my opinion, is frankly exorbitant. Hence had no further discussion with him.

Could anyone guide in terms of pricing at, say, 3M for comparable works?

Delivery has been promised for Friday morning, and my fingers (and toes) are crossed.

Cheers,
R_S
roadie_swift is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2019, 19:58   #4185
BHPian

Quote:
Dear TBHP'ians,

I have taken the leap of faith, and booked an Octavia 1.8 TSI.

Make : Skoda
Model : Octavia
Variant : 1.8 TSI Style

Also opted for the 4-year full maintenance package (offered by dealer) called the B2B package which cost me a further 1.23 Lacs. As per the dealer this covers all maintenance and service, apart only from Tyres and Battery. They claim that any kind of consumables, replaceables, oil, brake pads, coolant, parts repairable - everything will be taken care of. So basically (as per Dealer's promise), for 4 years, apart from battery conk-off or tyre replacement, I will have to pay only for fuel, and nothing else. One, I'm hoping nothing goes wrong, and two, I hope these promises hold true in case things go bad.
Many congratulations, Octavia is a lovely car & Only regret you'll have with the car would be that, it will be extremely difficult to find a replacement of this gem when the time arrives.

However I would be reluctant to pay 1.23L to the dealer for maintenance package if I were you. Running a car dealership is quite a challenging business & there are tough times ahead for the industry. Have you run a background check on the dealer's finances & are you fully confident that the dealership is going to run without a fuss at least for 4 years? If the dealer shuts the shop for some reason, I can't see any way to recover money of that maintenance package.

PS: 4 years of services shouldn't cost you more than 80k-100K. Dealer is just getting a loan of 1.23L from you @0% interest rate without any collateral.
bhavik.1991 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks