Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2019, 20:30   #4246
BHPian

Re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Dear Members,

Finally booked a Thar DI 4WD, after dreaming endlessly for ages

29 SEP : The best way is to gift yourself isn't it ? hence dropped a cheque of 50K as booking amount.
Dealer claims, that the delivery time is a minimum of 2 months.
Will keep you posted as and when i receive any update from dealer.
Jeep Guru's guide me with your valuable insights.

After going through multiple threads, I wanted to build one but had to give up for the reliability keeda which creeps in all the time

I was under the impression that the production has stopped, until the dealer confirmed that they are being delivered post order, mostly for Forest Department, Govt babu's etc.

Never got a chance to Test drive, have been trying for a TD since 3 yrs.
Being from Old School i wanted a pure Jeep, which is practical in nature.

Ex Showroom - 7,29,996
Life Tax - 12%- 91,100
Insurance - 67,050
HSRP - reg - 650
Transportation - 6,400
Total - 8,95,196

Dealer quotes - No Discounts on a DI , as its a order based vehicle.
Dealer also selected Sunny Beige which i discovered in the quotation, all i want is a Jeep man !

Last edited by Rugged : 9th October 2019 at 20:35. Reason: updated date
Rugged is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2019, 20:36   #4247
BHPian

The following series of events occured on last Saturday 05 Oct'19

3 PM : I get a call/SMS form dealer confirming only white color is available. I replied " Anything apart from white would do, lets keep white as the last option"
4 PM : I get another call from dealer "Sir no vehicle is available in plant, as its a discontinued vehicle, try and see if you can
If thats the case why did they consider my booking, even i knew that its a discontinued model. They could have informed me the very next day, why did they take 8 days to come with this answer ?
Was really furious with the dealer and heart broken as my dream was falling apart.
Next option was to either go for a 2nd hand Thar or continue drooling at others vehicle.

Meanwhile i called up the Mahindra-Thar customer care, who directed me to contact Operations Head Mr.Ashwin who patiently heard my ordeal and took up the issue and initiated a statewide search from existing dealers.

5PM : I get a call from Mr.Ashwin who said there is one vehicle located in Vizag, but then its a 2WD. I said i will think about it. Mr. Ashwin also assured that he will check with other dealers but the chances were bleak.

10 PM : Sulking on my plight, i try to sleep off with great effort, 2AM opened up youtube and continue watching youtube auto vlogs.

06 OCT'19 Sunday
5 AM : Opened up Twitter and shared my story with Big A of Mahindra & Mahindra and dozed off.

11 AM: M&M Customer care replies to my tweet seeking all details such as booking amount receipt, delearship, Mob number etc.

12 PM : I get a call from Mr. Ajay from OEM who apologises for the incorrect expectations athat were set up by the dealer and assures that his team is looking into this issue even if its finding a vehicle from other state. Still the chances of finding a vehicle are less than 5% :(

To be continued.......
Rugged is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2019, 18:48   #4248
BHPian

My parents have booked the below vehicle.

Make: Hyundai
Model: Venue
Trim: SX#
Transmission: DCT
Color: Lava Orange with Phantom Black roof
Dealer: Susee Hyundai, Madurai

Ex showroom price: 11,25,500
TCS: 11,255
Insurance: 27,500 (this was through our current insurance agent and dealer quoted 54,140)
Life tax: 1,72,975
Total: 13,37,230

Dealer has promised to deliver the vehicle by end of this month.
vj123 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th October 2019, 12:45   #4249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Finally, after a very long time I am getting to post (about a booking) on this thread:

This car will be 'kind of' a gift for my mother on her birthday on the 25th Oct.

Company: Hyundai
Model & Variant: Santro Magna MT (Silver)
Delivery Date: 23 Oct 2019
Dealer: Saini Hyundai

Freebies: 4th year warranty + RSA + 30K discount
Guys, I am facing multiple issues with this booking but for now I need clarity on one particular confusion about production date.

Before booking I had specifically mentioned that I need latest production car (preferably Aug-Sept 2019). However, despite knowing this, they allotted me a car which had a production date of 11 May 2019. I raised hell and the SA assured me that he will reallocate my booking and get a more recent car from the factory.

After a lot of following up he shared the VIN today which showed a production date of 3 June 2019. I gave an earful to the SA again; however, he sent me a screenshot from their internal system which showed "HMI Invoice Date" dated 30 Sept 2019. He claimed that the car left the factory on 30 Sept 2019. Note: Initially he was claiming the car was produced on 30 Sept 2019. Now that I crossed him he retracted his statement and claimed it left the factory on 30 Sept.

I am still a bit confused about the following:

1. Santro is selling at around 3-3.5K a month. Considering the Santro sells okay, may be not like a Wagon R but its not a dud either. Still the factory has stock from June 2019 ??

2. Should I just stop haggling and accept the June 2019 car.

3. Santro's features have been updated in the past few weeks. Will I get the updated features?

4. What does this 'HMI invoice' mean any way?

I know I can get the answers to a lot of these questions from the SA, but I have not seen a worse SA than this guy. He always says "Yes" to everything I ask for but NEVER EVER delivers. I have received ZERO support from him in EVERY occasion. He assured me a discount, before taking the cheque, which he could not give later on. "Sir, I agreed but management is not agreeing" was his response. He assured the car will be from the Aug-Sept batch but that turned out to be lie as well.

Over the past week I have only been getting lies from them. On top of this when I tried to call my SA's senior he did not respond to my call and asked the SA to call me to ask what the matter is.

All this after buying 3-4 cars from this dealership in the past.

Not sure how to go ahead in a situation like this. Need help!

Last edited by Pancham : 15th October 2019 at 12:49.
Old 21st October 2019, 11:54   #4250
BHPian

Finally, booked my next car after 1 year of hunting and haggling. Swift is more than 8.5 years old now.

Car: Kia Seltos
Trim: HTK+ Diesel Manual
Color: Gravity Gray

Ex showroom price: 12.19 Lakhs
On Road Price (Chandigarh): 13.31 Lakhs
On Road Price with Basic car kit and extended warranty(4-5 years): 13.65 Lakhs

Waiting Period: 2 Months Appx.

Last edited by gupta_chd : 21st October 2019 at 11:56.
gupta_chd is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st October 2019, 12:10   #4251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
I am still a bit confused about the following:

1. Santro is selling at around 3-3.5K a month. Considering the Santro sells okay, may be not like a Wagon R but its not a dud either. Still the factory has stock from June 2019 ??

2. Should I just stop haggling and accept the June 2019 car.

3. Santro's features have been updated in the past few weeks. Will I get the updated features?

4. What does this 'HMI invoice' mean any way?

I know I can get the answers to a lot of these questions from the SA, but I have not seen a worse SA than this guy. He always says "Yes" to everything I ask for but NEVER EVER delivers. I have received ZERO support from him in EVERY occasion. He assured me a discount, before taking the cheque, which he could not give later on. "Sir, I agreed but management is not agreeing" was his response. He assured the car will be from the Aug-Sept batch but that turned out to be lie as well.
1/2 - Accepting a June 2019 car in October is not too much of a concern. There definitely would be 3-4 month old cars at the plant during these slow times.

3. I'm not sure you'll get the new features on your old car. However, if they can be fitted at the dealer level, you should bargain hard and try to get them free.

If the SA is acting like a total idiot, you should seriously consider changing your dealer. Shoot a mail to the management and Hyundai directly. No dealer would want to lose a customer, especially currently with the automotive slowdown.
Geo_Ipe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2019, 13:37   #4252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValarMorghulis View Post
Finally after months of contemplating and going back and forth, booked my car yesterday on Dusshera

Company: Hyundai
Model & Variant: Venue SX+ DCT, Denim Blue
Delivery Date: Dhantera on 25-Oct-19
So I was supposed to take the delivery of the car today but he SA called to say that the car hasn't even reached the dealership yet (I called a couple of days ago to find that I can only do a PDI on 25th)! He'll call me tomorrow morning to confirm when I can come for a PDI but says he'll handover the car on Sunday for sure!

Don't want to take a care without the PDI. Disappointed by the SA who so far seemed genuine and honest.

My biggest mistake, making the entire payment.
ValarMorghulis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2019, 20:45   #4253
BHPian

Make : Maruti
Model : S Cross
Variant : Zeta
Booking Date : 30th September 2019
Color : Pearl White
Expected Delivery Date : 15th October 2019
Actual Delivery Date : 23rd October 2019.
Dealer & City : Nexa, Warangal
OTR : Rs 11,70,727
Original quoted OTR was Rs 13.20L.
Offers: As advertised by Maruti. I Got upto 1.5 lakhs off including exchange bonus and also got additional 3 years extended warranty.
Freebies: 14k worth accesories. Free Perfume and Idol during the delivery.
Attached Thumbnails
The "I Booked my Car" Thread-img_20191026_204132.jpg  

matchvan is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 27th October 2019, 22:56   #4254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vj123 View Post
My parents have booked the below vehicle.

Make: Hyundai
Model: Venue
Trim: SX#
Transmission: DCT
Color: Lava Orange with Phantom Black roof
Dealer: Susee Hyundai, Madurai

Ex showroom price: 11,25,500
TCS: 11,255
Insurance: 27,500 (this was through our current insurance agent and dealer quoted 54,140)
Life tax: 1,72,975
Total: 13,37,230

Dealer has promised to deliver the vehicle by end of this month.
We changed the color to Denim blue on the next day after placing the order and dealer promised to deliver the vehicle by first week of Nov. I was following up with my sales guy almost everyday for the past 10 days and last friday he told me that they are only receiving Denim blue with Polar white roof by this month end from the factory.

Search began all over again and this time, we were only looking for a vehicle in dealer stock so that we can take the delivery by first week of nov. We were able to locate a vehicle with exact spec of our preference today morning and have placed a deposit.

Dealer is offering some freebies and final price is 12,95,000 excluding insurance. Insurance quote which we received from our agent is around 27,000 so the on road price is 13,22,000.
vj123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2019, 08:47   #4255
BHPian

Make : Maruti
Model : XL6 AT
Variant : Alpha
Booking Date : 10th October 2019
Color : Pearl Arctic White
Expected Delivery Date : 18th Oct 2019 or 3rd Nov 2019
Actual Delivery Date : 18th October 2019.
Dealer & City : Varun Nexa, Vijayawada
OTR : Rs 14.3L including 3 years Zero Depreciation insurance including Return to Invoice and Engine Protect and 3 years extended warranty in addition to the standard 2 years.

The condition for the delivery date is linked to the sale of existing vehicle Duster AMT RXZ 2016 and the availability of the new vehicle.

Last edited by vvrchandra : 28th October 2019 at 08:50.
vvrchandra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th October 2019, 12:30   #4256
BHPian

Our car was actually delivered and I thought of adding the details here for others who may want to take a look.
Make: Renault
Model: Triber
Variant: RXZ Manual
Color: Metal Mustard
Dealer and City: Kun Renault, Ambattur, Chennai.
Price Breakup:
Ex-showroom - Rs. 6.5 Lakhs
Road tax, handling, registration, and other fees - Rs. 80,000
Insurance - Rs.35000(3 years)
Extended Warranty - Rs.9999 (2+3years or 1Lakh KM)
On-road price: Rs.7.70 Lakhs
Discounts: Couldn't get as the car was new and slightly on demand!
Freebies: Being one of the first customers, the essential kit was free(carpet floor mats, mud flaps, car cover, 2 easy fix seat storage cover, a trunk mat, a freshener, and key chain)
We didn't take any accessories from the dealer but got some from the market which includes bumper protectors, door protectors, and chrome strips.
Jagann13 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th October 2019, 13:44   #4257
BHPian

Quote:
So I was supposed to take the delivery of the car today but he SA called to say that the car hasn't even reached the dealership yet (I called a couple of days ago to find that I can only do a PDI on 25th)! He'll call me tomorrow morning to confirm when I can come for a PDI but says he'll handover the car on Sunday for sure!

Don't want to take a care without the PDI. Disappointed by the SA who so far seemed genuine and honest.

My biggest mistake, making the entire payment.
Another update! The car hasn't reached the showroom yet! Forget about the delivery I haven't even had the chance to do a PDI yet!
The SA is now saying the vehicle will come on Wednesday night and I can do a PDI on Thursday morning and take delivery on Thursday evening!
Phew! The initial experience is being totally ruined. Moreover, the manager of the showroom isn't even picking up his phone to confirm what the SA is saying!
Any suggestions what should I do here?
ValarMorghulis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2019, 14:45   #4258
BHPian

Quote:
Another update!
Sorry to see your experience of buying a car turn unsatisfactory. At this point though I can only suggest you to wait. You are so close to getting your hands on a new member of your family so just a little bit of wait will be rewarding. At the same time do express your discontent with your advisor so that Wednesday doesn't become Thursday and so on.

An experience like this can be very frustrating but let it not deter you from enjoying the joy and excitement of a new car.

Last edited by strawhat : 29th October 2019 at 14:49.
strawhat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th October 2019, 14:45   #4259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Another update! The car hasn't reached the showroom yet! Forget about the delivery I haven't even had the chance to do a PDI yet!
The SA is now saying the vehicle will come on Wednesday night and I can do a PDI on Thursday morning and take delivery on Thursday evening!
Phew! The initial experience is being totally ruined. Moreover, the manager of the showroom isn't even picking up his phone to confirm what the SA is saying!
Any suggestions what should I do here?
Considering my recent bad experience with a Hyundai dealer, I would suggest you to wait. Primarily because you have made the full payment. Or else I would have suggested you to cancel the booking. On the other hand, keep following up on a daily basis even if it annoys your SA. They have no right to take your money and delay the delivery.

Since you have already made the payment, cancelling the car will significantly delay the whole process. The dealership will need to write to Hyundai who processes the booking. And trust me, Hyundai, as a company is pretty slow and non-responsive. I have cancelled my booking, gone to a different dealer and got the car delivered 3 days back. In my case its only INR 5000. And I still have not received my booking amount refund from the first dealer. So, wait it out.

Last edited by Pancham : 29th October 2019 at 14:46.
Pancham is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th October 2019, 20:15   #4260
pms
BHPian

Make: Kia
Model: Seltos
Variant: GTX+ DCT
Color: Black
Dealer and City: JSP Kia, Bangalore
Booking Date: 27-Oct-19
Price Breakup:
Ex-showroom - Rs. 16.99 lacs
TCS (1%) - Rs 16990
Road tax (Statutory Charges) - Rs 320601
Insurance - Rs.62350 (3 years)
Extended Warranty - Rs.23877
Fast Tag - Rs 500
Basic Kit - Rs 8439
On-road price: Rs.21.34 Lacs

Dealer has promised the vehicle by Dec end or in Jan 2020.
Booking amount is Rs 25000/-
pms is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks