Team-BHP > What Car?

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2020, 19:52   #4366
BHPian

Re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Hi Akash! yes, the delivery is indeed tomorrow, They had two vehicles in stock which were manufactured in March 2020, I had checked out the vehicles which were in their godown and didn't find anything fishy with them. Even I was surprised by the delivery timeline, but the SA informed me that the documentation will be done by 5 PM and I can drive away post that. Should I be worried/ cautious about anything? The showroom is Mody Ford, Begumpet Hyderabad.
Vyas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2020, 02:33   #4367
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyas View Post
Make: Ford
Model: EcoSport
Variant :1.5 Petrol Titanium+ AT
Fuel: Petrol
AFAIK, there is no BS-6 automatic in the entire Ford lineup apart from the Endy. So this must be a BS-4 one. How on earth did you source a Ecosport Petro AT version in June?
This is a truly great find, congratulations!
7000plusrpm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2020, 10:21   #4368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7000plusrpm View Post
AFAIK, there is no BS-6 automatic in the entire Ford lineup apart from the Endy. So this must be a BS-4 one. How on earth did you source a Ecosport Petro AT version in June?
This is a truly great find, congratulations!
Ford had updated their petrol and diesel engines (1.2P, 1.5P and 1.5D) to BS6 a few months back.
JithinR is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 27th June 2020, 12:40   #4369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
Ford had updated their petrol and diesel engines (1.2P, 1.5P and 1.5D) to BS6 a few months back.
Yes, I just didn't know that. Last I heard, the 1.5L Petrol was not going to be updated to BS-6. I had no idea this was launched.
It seems the 1.5L Petrol is available for both the Ecosport & the Aspire. Good to know, thanks!
Old 4th July 2020, 07:58   #4370
BHPian

Make : Tata
Model : Harrier
Variant : XZA+ DT
Fuel : Diesel
Booking Date : Feb '20
Color : Red
Expected Delivery Date : Very soon
Dealer & City : Originally booked at Rudra Motors, Pune before covid struck. Closer to delivery cancelled that booking and went with Sridha Motors, Pune
Freebies : 30K exchange bonus + NCB on insurance
Bonus: Great treatment from both the dealerships; absolutely no complaints. Just that getting royal treatment from Sridha Motors all due to @ram87pune whose connections and advice really helped a lot!!

Backstory - I had booked the Harrier Automatic within an hour of their opening up online booking way back in February. The delivery date was around March. Right one week before delivery, the lockdown stepped in and a new vehicle took the back seat. Its only in June that I decided to go ahead with the delivery, which is expected to be next week, fingers crossed
ihrishi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th July 2020, 05:03   #4371
Distinguished - BHPian

Impulsive buy!

Make : Maruti Suzuki
Model : XL6
Variant : Alpha MT
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : 11th July 2020
Color : Magma Grey
Expected Delivery Date : Very soon, Thursday I suppose
Dealer & City : Ranchi. My booking is with both Sudha and Premsons Motors. Sudha have a car in transit, while Premsons have enough in stock. Decision will be taken post PDI
Freebies : There was no offer on XL6. Whatever I got is because of my friendship with the owners of these groups, which cannot be disclosed for obvious reasons. However it isn't much. Also have shaved off almost 25k on their Insurance quotes.
Leoshashi is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 12th July 2020, 06:36   #4372
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Impulsive buy!
Congratulations.

I know you'll take good care of this one too like your GG. What do you intend to name it, GH (GreyHound) ?
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2020, 07:29   #4373
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Congratulations.

I know you'll take good care of this one too like your GG. What do you intend to name it, GH (GreyHound) ?
Lol! That's an awesome and related name!

Last edited by Sheel : 12th July 2020 at 13:23.
Leoshashi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th July 2020, 08:09   #4374
Senior - BHPian

Wow. That's a surprise and a very good one. Have you told GG yet?

Very good choice actually - Maruti have put in a lot of thought while designing the space inside.

PS: Better click lot of photos now to compare them 20 years later.
samaspire is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th July 2020, 12:22   #4375
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Finances re-adjusted. We are now ready to pick up our family car.

Make : Mahindra
]
I read on the Creta thread you booked the new gen one, so this one is cancelled ?
Old 18th July 2020, 13:40   #4376
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
I read on the Creta thread you booked the new gen one, so this one is cancelled ?
Apparently, Mahindra doesn't have an XUV for me. After waiting patiently for 40 days - in which the delivery status from the dealership, SYOUV & ASM went from "end-July" to "mid-August" to "early September" - I had enough.

Also learnt that the Chakan plant has been closed again from last Monday till 20th July.

Sent a strongly worded email 2 days back as a reply to the booking mail I had received on 8th June from Mahindra SYOUV stressing upon their "within 45 days assured delivery" commitment, added Anand Mahindra, Customer Care, Mahindra Experts, ASM, Pawan Goenka, all as "CC", and told them to cancel the booking and refund my amount.

Considering the current situation, I am deferring our 7-seater purchase till mid-2021. With the Gravitas and the all-new XUV500 launchings plus a few more comparable options in the Innova, and the Covid situation hopefully dying down, we would be in a better position to evaluate and finalise by then.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 18th July 2020 at 14:09.
RavenAvi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th July 2020, 16:10   #4377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Apparently, Mahindra doesn't have an XUV for me. After waiting patiently for 40 days - in which the delivery ...

Considering the current situation, I am deferring our 7-seater purchase till mid-2021. With the Gravitas and the all-new XUV500 launchings plus a few more comparable options in the Innova, and the Covid situation hopefully dying down, we would be in a better position to evaluate and finalise by then.
You are going back to a brand which has already let you down once. Are you sure about this? Have you checked other options like the new gen City ? I don't mean to make you change your mind but once you have a impression about something it may be a bit difficult to get over it again.
sumeethaldankar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2020, 17:28   #4378
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
You are going back to a brand which has already let you down once. Are you sure about this? Have you checked other options like the new gen City ? I don't mean to make you change your mind but once you have a impression about something it may be a bit difficult to get over it again.
Hyundai has worked extensively on the ABS, as per a few well-placed sources. Also, a few other things have been improved, such as feedback from the steering, floating effect, etc. The engine has also been optimised and is mated perfectly to the IVT - this feedback is from IVT owners who are updating their ownership regularly on Facebook and Youtube.

Rest is down to luck. Let's hope it's on my side this time around.

Can't get to check the City because the Honda dealership is 300 kms away. The local sub-dealership (for display only) is closed since the lockdown started. I can't go back to driving sedans due to my present medical condition, anyway.

Please read these posts:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4846698 (2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs)

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4846952 (2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs)

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4847240 (2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs)

Let's continue in the Creta thread, and prevent any more off-topic posts.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 19th July 2020 at 17:30.
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th July 2020, 19:32   #4379
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I read on the Creta thread you booked the new gen one
Just so that the thread topic continues.

Make : Hyundai
Model : All-new 2020 Creta
Variant : 1.5L SX IVT
Booking Date : 16/07/2020
Color : Polar White
Expected Delivery Date : 20/07/2020
Freebies : Mudflaps, if you can believe that.
Accessories Planned: None yet
Additions: Under-body Anti-Rust coating by Jopasu. (3 years Warranty)
Price : Rs 16.90L OTR
Discounts: Are you kidding me?!
Got them to shave off ~Rs 27,000/- on Zero-dep Insurance, and that's no mean feat in itself.
Booking Amount : Rs 10,000/- through electronic transfer.
Dealership : Shivnath Hyundai, Jagdalpur.

Picking it up tomorrow.

The "I Booked my Car" Thread-img_20200719_162045.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 19th July 2020, 20:42   #4380
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just so that the thread topic continues.

Make : Hyundai
Model : All-new 2020 Creta
Variant : 1.5L SX IVT
[...
Picking it up tomorrow.

Congrats on your car buddy. Yes this is a covid beater which has garnered 40k bookings so expect no discounts. Wishing you a troublefree happy Hyundai innings. I am sure this car will serve you well.
sumeethaldankar is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed