Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2020, 13:41   #4501
Senior - BHPian

Re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghu M View Post
All, just wanted to share an update. I took the delivery of my car today (XUV300 W8 (O) Petrol. The delivery process was average.

Attachment 2086431
Congrats, I guess all is well when it ends well. As long as you are satisfied with the car, the showroom experience or lack thereof will be quickly forgotten. Wish you many happy miles ! Quite surprised that no discounts were given , not that the XUV is selling is bucketloads. I would have expected there to be some solid discounts offered. Anyways, have fun with your new car.
arindambasu13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2020, 22:39   #4502
BHPian

Was searching for a used vehicle for better half. Initially she was insisting that she learn to drive a manual. So we almost finalized a deal on a Ford Figo 1.5D. I already have an Ecosport 1.5D, and I could only imagine the fun a Figo with same engine would be. Later somehow automatics came into picture, and one thing led to another, and here we are with our Maruti Ignis AMT. What started with a budget of strictly less than 4 lakhs, almost ended up at 4.3 lakhs, only to shoot back to 5.8 lakhs.

Type: Pre-owned
Make : Maruti
Model : Ignis
Variant : Delta
Fuel : Petrol
Transmission: Auto - AMT
Model: 2019, April
Kms on ODO: 10,500
Booking Date : 23-Nov-2020
Booking Amount: INR 5K
Delivery Date : 28-Nov-2020
Dealer & City : True Value,Chennai
Price: 5.8L
Warranty: Existing 3.5 years + 1 year True Value's (Post completion of existing one)
Freebies: Keychains, Perfume, Idol, Car wash kit
Accessories: None

The "I Booked my Car" Thread-tbhp_ignis_reduced.jpg

Cheers!
GandalfTheGrey is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2020, 15:20   #4503
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Make : Mahindra
Model : Scorpio
Expected Delivery Date : End of November (hopefully)
As expected, it has ended by like this. No delivery on end of November. Worst part is that the dealer is clueless on when it will be, which means it has not even shipped yet. They are now asking me to escalate to M&M customer care (what an advice!). And customer care as usual responded with an apology email and said they will reach out. No one reached out for the past 2 days.

Welcome to Mahindra club is it?

Any suggestions?

Last edited by balenoed_ : 3rd December 2020 at 15:22.
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2020, 15:34   #4504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GandalfTheGrey View Post
Later somehow automatics came into picture, and one thing led to another, and here we are with our Maruti Ignis AMT.

Type: Pre-owned
Make : Maruti
Model : Ignis
Variant : Delta
Transmission: Auto - AMT
Model: 2019, April
Kms on ODO: 10,500

Attachment 2087186
Hi, I like this color.

I recently drove one but that was a manual version. I would say few things that clearly impressed me
- Suspension
- Easy to drive through tight narrow streets
- Absolutely quiet engine while idling
- Excellent rear space

Actually it was zippy.. probably the pushed out wheels help the planted feel.
vigneshnr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th December 2020, 11:57   #4505
BHPian

Make : Tata
Model : Harrier
Variant : XZA+
Fuel : Diesel
Booking Date : 03 Dec 2020
Booking Amount: INR 31000
Color : Atlas Black
Expected Delivery Date : 10 Dec 2020
Dealer & City : Adishakti Cars Bangalore
Price : INR 25.5 Lakhs on road.
Garth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2020, 12:07   #4506
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garth View Post
Model : Harrier
Variant : XZA+
Fuel : Diesel
Booking Date : 03 Dec 2020
Booking Amount: INR 31000
Color : Atlas Black
Expected Delivery Date : 10 Dec 2020
Dealer & City : Adishakti Cars Bangalore
Price : INR 25.5 Lakhs on road.
Congrats for Harrier . Please try to include penta care warranty and make sure to do pdi properly in day light , especially with all electricals
greyhound82 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2020, 12:19   #4507
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhound82 View Post
Congrats for Harrier . Please try to include penta care warranty and make sure to do pdi properly in day light , especially with all electricals
Warranty included. Didnt go for AMC pack as didnt make sense for my usage. PDI I plan to do, and have informed the guys of the same.
Garth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2020, 16:44   #4508
BHPian

Recently got married, and both of us wanted a car but the plan was to rely on our Electra for one more year. After all we'd gone everywhere on it in college, so what difference is one year going to make?

What we did not factor in is the change marriage brings. It is possible to go for chai 50km away from college. However it is not possible to haul luggage to and from her house when the in-laws stuffed us with snacks and whatnot.

We decided to prepone the decision and within 2 weeks of tying the knot we booked a Kia Sonet.

I fell in love with it and the Seltos right when they released, and to my joy the finances worked in our favor.

Make: Kia
Model: Sonet
Variant: HTK+
Fuel: Petrol
Color: Intense Red

The booking process was ok, but the amount of pressure the dealer puts on their insurance is insane. Going as far as to call it compulsory, I'm still wondering if fighting to get our own will be worth the trouble. They've quoted 35k in Chennai, while a buddy of mine in Tata AIG, Chennai, assured me he could get me the same at 27k.

However I'm reading a lot of instances where people are getting their no-cash claims rejected, or in some cases the booking getting delayed due to squabbling about the insurance. What are your thoughts?

Other than that bit, I'm just raring to go. It's already been 2 weeks since booking, and the waiting period is apparently 6-8 weeks. As it's my first car, I'm literally counting the days until I get my baby.
DeathPig is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th December 2020, 20:42   #4509
BHPian

Model : Nexon
Variant : XZ+
Booking Date : 3 Nov 2020
Color : Tectonic Blue
Expected Delivery Date : 6-8 Weeks from Booking
Dealer & City : Prerna Motors Bangalore
Freebies : Mud Flap Door Visor (Had to negotiate a lot for this)
OTR: 1117395/- Excluding Insurance

I first approached Korpex motors, Requested some accessories (Door Visor, Car Cover and Scuff Plate) as Freebies, which was straight forward got rejected.

Later booked from Prerna motors.

Dealership has quoted 56K for insurance, however they have no issue If I purchase the insurance from outside.

Regarding Insurance,I have received a quote from Acko for 27,811/-(Including GST) which includes below benefit.

OD
Zero Dep
Consumable
RSA
Engine Protect Cover
Invoice Cover

As I am planning to buy insurance from outside and very first time I will be buying insurance for a new car, Request anyone to kindly help me to know that, for a new car when I have to buy the insurance, is it after car registration? Or after PDI? And what information I have to share with Insurance company. (Little worry about it, will it be a hassle free experience?)

Or should I buy insurance from Dealership itself after negotiation.
im_chandan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2020, 21:56   #4510
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_chandan View Post
Make :

Dealership has quoted 56K for insurance, however they have no issue If I purchase the insurance from outside.

Regarding Insurance,I have received a quote from Acko for 27,811/-(Including GST) which includes below benefit.

OD
Zero Dep
Consumable
RSA
Engine Protect Cover
Invoice Cover

As I am planning to buy insurance from outside and very first time I will be buying insurance for a new car, Request anyone to kindly help me to know that, for a new car when I have to buy the insurance, is it after car registration? Or after PDI? And what information I have to share with Insurance company. (Little worry about it, will it be a hassle free experience?)

Or should I buy insurance from Dealership itself after negotiation.
Cousin is booking a car and we are taking insurance from outside (with Acko)

You will have to give the Engine and Chassis number to Acko

The insurance needs to be done before car goes for registration (as mentioned by both acko and hyundai dealership). PDI can happen before registration and insurance.

If the dealership matches the quote then go with them or else no need.

Hope it helps
KD007 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th December 2020, 00:41   #4511
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_chandan View Post
Or should I buy insurance from Dealership itself
Ask the dealer to provide the break up. Take a look at what add ons they have included. Ask them to remove what you don't need. They usually match to what you get outside. They must have added almost all of the addons available, by default.
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2020, 22:15   #4512
BHPian

Any info on discount being offered on Skoda Rapid? Being offered 50k cash disc & 15k corporate disc for Rider AT & Ambition AT.
Old 8th December 2020, 18:00   #4513

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akash86M View Post
Any info on discount being offered on Skoda Rapid? Being offered 50k cash disc & 15k corporate disc for Rider AT & Ambition AT.
Same here - the 50k cash discount + 15k corporate discount + 25k additional on exchange (if any) seems to be the standard discount offered on Rapid this month - I have been enquiring for the Ambition/Onyx AT trims here in Bangalore. Though I believe once we sit across the table, maybe a little more can be squeezed out. Rider plus AT is completely stocked out as per the dealer and apparently there is going to be a 2.5-3% price hike across variants from Jan'21 - so they're pushing for higher trims and choose within available colours this month itself. Is this a tactic generally employed by dealers to push existing inventory during year end or is a genuine price hike expected, can somebody comment if they have any more info on this..?
pvivek2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2020, 20:14   #4514
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvivek2 View Post
.....apparently there is going to be a 2.5-3% price hike across variants from Jan'21 - so they're pushing for higher trims and choose within available colours this month itself. Is this a tactic generally employed by dealers to push existing inventory during year end or is a genuine price hike expected, can somebody comment if they have any more info on this..?
Seems like there will be price hike from Jan as same thing was told to me by Hyundai and Ford guys. Do share what deal you get.
Happy Hunting
Akash86M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2020, 20:45   #4515
BHPian

Make: Kia
Model: Sonet
Variant: HTK+
Fuel: Petrol
Color: Intense Red

I booked it on 12th November. my wife had insisted on this date being Dhanteras so instead of gold i booked Sonet. The waiting period is as usual 6-8 weeks, and I am in regular touch with the SE to update me on the delivery status. Keen to buy a 2021 model which the SE informed would be available only after Jan 15th of 2021.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks