Team-BHP > What Car?

Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2021, 00:24   #4576
BHPian

Re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPR View Post
Does Nexon XZA+ petrol costs more than Ecosport Titanium TDCI ? Am I missing exchange of Punto amount here?
It's more top do with the fact that Ford has not increased the prices of titanium variant for quite a while and recently have reduced the prices for certain other variants. The fact that they have always have only one model that does well at a time seems to be coming to bite them now.

Tata on the other hand made proper use of their model success. Started off with it being one of the most VFM car in the segment and then went full-in on the safety aspect and increased the prices to such an extent that is no longer VFM as such (I actually think the diesel is over-priced now).
Old 26th January 2021, 00:44   #4577
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPR View Post
Does Nexon XZA+ petrol costs more than Ecosport Titanium TDCI ? Am I missing exchange of Punto amount here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
Tata on the other hand made proper use of their model success. Started off with it being one of the most VFM car in the segment and then went full-in on the safety aspect and increased the prices to such an extent that is no longer VFM as such (I actually think the diesel is over-priced now).
Nope you did not miss the value of Punto.

Ex showroom - 999900
Registration- 103590
Insurance - 37190 (to be negotiated)
4&5 EW - 16999
Basic Accessories - 4300
Total OTR - 11,61,979

As perfectly summed up by JithinR above. I started off with feeling the Ecosport was overpriced in 2020 and locked in on buying the Nexon Diesel XM(S).

However with Ford basically offering the Titanium + variant at the cost of the Titanium on 4th Jan 2021. I tilted in favour of Ecosport on paper. However, told myself will still go for Nexon if it wows me after a test drive. As if to agree with my brain for a change, my heart fell for the Ecosport as soon as I got behind the steering wheel. The Nexon was good but was not able to make a connect with the car, that awful instrument cluster also ruined the experience for me.

I liked the Nexon (great car) but loved the Ecosport. The better standard kit and warranty just sealed the deal, not to mention great response from the Ford sales team compared to Tata.

Last edited by Shanksta : 26th January 2021 at 00:47.
Shanksta is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 26th January 2021, 10:41   #4578
KPR
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post
I liked the Nexon (great car) but loved the Ecosport. The better standard kit and warranty just sealed the deal, not to mention great response from the Ford sales team compared to Tata.
Ford ecosport is a great car. I'm sure you will not miss Punto if you drive an ecosport.
KPR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2021, 10:33   #4579
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post
Finally getting to post in this thread !

Make : Ford
Model : Ecosport
Variant : Titanium
Fuel : Diesel
Great choice and nice colour as well. Ecosport is one of those rare vehicles which looks killer in all the available colours

I was in the market for a similar decision a couple of months back, and after shortlisting the Sonet and the Ecosport (did not prefer the Nexon too much), went for the full fat Ecosport TDCI S. The Sonet just did not strike the chord that the Ecosport did. I am sure that you will really enjoy the ownership experience. The 3 months wait period is a pain though. Fortunately the delivery of my Ecosport happened before this semiconductor shortage started. On the plus side, you will definitely get a 2021 manufactured vehicle!

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 27th January 2021 at 10:36.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2021, 01:42   #4580
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandatrooper View Post
UPDATE :

Finally, got my Creta SX IVT delivered last Friday. The dealership quoted extended waiting periods for the SX(O) IVT variant, therefore settled with the SX variant. After bequeathing my 2010 Dzire, this sophisticated piece of machinery certainly feels like a colossal upgrade.

Attachment 2108049
Congratulations.. I am also upgrading from a 2013 dzire and waiting(endless) for delivery of SX(O) IVT. How do you find the engine power compare to your dzire?
amitshippie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2021, 18:05   #4581
BHPian

Make: Mahindra
Model: XUV300
Variant: W8
Fuel: Petrol
Colour: AcquaMarine
On-road price: 1159000
Booking date: 28 January 2021
Expected Delivery Date: after 45 days
Freebies: Underbody ceramic coating

Wanted a car with good GC, petrol, comfort and easy driveability. XUV300 ticked all
motorlover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2021, 21:02   #4582
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Make : Tata
Model : Altroz
Variant : 1.2L XE + Rhythm Pack
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : 14/01/2021
Color : Grey / White / Silver (in that order) choices given.
Expected Delivery Date : No idea. Possibly a month from today, or even by the end of this month.
Stoic silence from the dealership regarding allocation of new XE Rhythms made me tweet directly to Tata Motors on the night of our Republic Day. They responded with a reply yesterday afternoon asking for all details, which I sent them via PM.
I received a call from the Area TSM yesterday evening, who said that the XE Rhythm is seeing a minimum waiting period of 1 and half months!
He also informed that a spanking new XM in my preferred Grey colour shade is in transit to our dealership, and should be unloaded on the 28th (today).
Called up the dealership manager and he confirmed that if I wanted, he can give the Grey XM to me.
After the price hike on 21st Jan, the difference between the XE Rhythm and the XM came to 36,000 rupees which is now more affordable. (the former sees a price hike, while the latter remains unchanged - earlier the difference was 61,000 rupees)
Went to the dealership earlier today and checked out the fresh bun thoroughly and did a PDI. She was covered with dust droplets from her delivery truck run from the factory and wasn't even cleaned/washed yet.

The "I Booked my Car" Thread-image4.jpeg

The "I Booked my Car" Thread-image0.jpeg

The "I Booked my Car" Thread-image2.jpeg

The "I Booked my Car" Thread-image3.jpeg

January 2021 make.
Bridgestone B250 tyres.
Out from the production lines on 16th Jan 2021.
Billed on 21st Jan 2021.
She passed my PDI.

Things I would gain over the XE Rhythm:-
Rear power windows,
Parcel tray,
Half-wheel caps,
Driver side mood lighting,
Auto-folding ORVMs,
Electrically adjustable ORVMs.

Things I would miss against the XE Rhythm:-
Remote keyless entry (flip key),
Rear speakers.

For the speaker setup, I have an idea:

The "I Booked my Car" Thread-image2i.jpeg

It does help when you have a top class sound setup lying dormant with you, taken out from one of our earlier cars.

Gave them the green signal. She completed the dealership PDI & service inspection with flying colours, received a thorough wash and shine, and was fitted with most of my selected accessories by 7 PM.

Paperwork completion pending, I should be bringing her home tomorrow.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 28th January 2021 at 21:05.
RavenAvi is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 28th January 2021, 23:33   #4583
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitshippie View Post
Congratulations.. I am also upgrading from a 2013 dzire and waiting(endless) for delivery of SX(O) IVT. How do you find the engine power compare to your dzire?
Thanks a lot amitshippie.

Well, since I upgraded from a Diesel Manual, I'd be lying if I said that I'm not missing the diesel's grunt and instant thrust of power in the lower rpms. Keeping the above observation aside, for a sedate driver like me, the 1.5L Naturally Aspirated CVT Petrol does its job remarkably well. When compared to the DZire's thundering diesel decibel levels and jerky shifts, the smooth shifts from the CVT gearbox and the excellent engine refinement translates to a blissful driving experience . Furthermore, the power delivery is pretty predictable and overtakes are easy to manage. So if I had to comment on the driving experience in a holistic manner rather than nitpicking certain areas, the upgrade certainly brought a smile to my face.

The SX(O) IVT is indeed a rare commodity now. Praying the automobile gods to expedite your vehicle delivery. God Speed
pandatrooper is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2021, 19:21   #4584

Friends, I'm Posting after a long gap. I have booked my new car.

Ford Ecosport BS6
Titanium
Diesel
Smoke Grey Colour
Dealer: Hans Ford, Chennai (Teynampet Branch)
Expected Delivery: 1st week of March
Booking Amount: Nil (as I am selling my existing Ford Figo to them - 2010 ZXI Diesel - they are taking for 1.9Lakhs (inc. all offers). They have taken the original RC book and gave a Ford Assured Car Receipt.

I understand some delays in production due to Semiconductor Shortage (but that is there for all the OEMs, I believe)...Dealer promised to deliver by 1st week of March...Fingers Crossed.
pananth is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st February 2021, 23:25   #4585

Make : Jeep
Model : Compass
Variant : Sport (MT)
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : 1st Feb 2021
Color : Grigo Magnesio Grey
Expected Delivery Date : Feb End
Dealer & City : Satguru, Indore
Freebies : None(negotiating for free accessories)

Loved Compass since its launch, didn't consider other alternatives..
getlakshya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2021, 01:45   #4586
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pananth View Post

Ford Ecosport BS6
Titanium
Diesel
Smoke Grey Colour
Booking Amount: Nil (as I am selling my existing Ford Figo to them - 2010 ZXI Diesel - they are taking for 1.9Lakhs (inc. all offers). They have taken the original RC book and gave a Ford Assured Car Receipt.
Lucky you ! Hans promised me the same, delivery in March if I booked with them. But I went with Dhruvan since it is closer to my home and they were very responsive.

I too sold my car to Ford Assured. Booked my Ecosport on 23-Jan-2021, with a 90 day waiting period. However I was informed today that they will be getting an update from Ford on Friday(Feb-5) regarding the correct ETA. *Fingers Crossed* The wait is driving me insane and it has only been 9 days since I booked.

If you don’t mind sharing, what is the deal you got ? Barring the exchange bonus.

Last edited by Shanksta : 2nd February 2021 at 01:46.
Shanksta is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2021, 08:20   #4587
BHPian

Quote:

Ford Ecosport BS6
Titanium
Diesel
Smoke Grey Colour

I understand some delays in production due to Semiconductor Shortage (but that is there for all the OEMs, I believe)...Dealer promised to deliver by 1st week of March...Fingers Crossed.
Congrats Pananth. Was there any exchange bonus and other discounts. Me too in the market for a automatics within 10L Otr.

Is 1.9L the running rate for Figo 1.4 Tdci. I have a 2011 Dec Diesel figo Exi, that has run 70000 Kms and the rate I am getting is also 2L.
Ananthang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2021, 08:28   #4588
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Ford Ecosport BS6
Titanium
Diesel
Smoke Grey Colour
They have taken the original RC book and gave a Ford Assured Car Receipt.
Congratulations. Nice to see new Ecosport owners increasing on the forum. I picked up mine in November 2020, the TDCI S version in blue. I sold my Honda Brio to Ford in exchange as well, however, handed over the original RC and the car at the time of delivery of my new car. Was using the Brio till the last day, in fact, drove the Brio to the showroom on the day of the delivery.

The Titanium version with the rejigged features offers solid value (it did so even earlier, though the value proposition is stronger now).
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2021, 12:02   #4589
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:

Ford Ecosport BS6
Titanium
Diesel
Congratulations. You won't regret it. Recently my father purchased a pre owned S diesel, and is very happy with it. This is still IMO the best car in the segment.
07CR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2021, 21:43   #4590
BHPian

Make: Toyota
Model: Innova Crysta
Variant: GX MT
Fuel: Petrol
Colour: Garnet Red
On-road price: 1864000
Booking date: 3rd Feb 2021
Expected Delivery Date: 5th Feb 2021
Freebies: Accessories (rear camera, wooden trim and matting)
sid_deb is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed