Team-BHP > What Car?

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2021, 23:41   #4696

Re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Hello Everyone,

I have been going through various threads and have read many posts on TeamBHP before booking my new car... Did get a lot of useful information here that made it easy to narrow down to a couple of test drives and finally book one.

I finally booked a single tone Nexon XZ+ Petrol variant in Flame Red colour at Prerana Motors Rajajinagar showroom. The experience has been good so far. The indicated waiting period is 8 weeks. I may get a confirmation sometime in mid April and hopefully get to enjoy the ‘Nex level experience’.
MarverickAni is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th March 2021, 02:17   #4697
K2K

Came across this tread, and I thought why not?

So I booked my car on 3rd Feb, and hence this post is almost 8 weeks late. But still not too late as the the delivery will likely be in June.

Model - KIA Seltos
Variant - GTX+ DCT
Colour - Aurora Black
Date of booking - 03/02/2021
Expected delivery - 15 - 16 weeks
Dealer - JSP Autocore
Booking Amount - 25,000

Asked for a second test drive after booking when I got to know of potential over heating in DCT. Seemed okay through 1/2 hr of heavy traffic.

The wait is long, and I keep wondering why. The wait for Creta (the alternative) delivery rivals a human baby .
K2K is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th March 2021, 09:35   #4698

Hi Guys,

Really late reply but I have booked a KIA Seltos GT+ Manual in Steel Silver in December.

My delivery date was this week but the Sales guy tells me that production is being ramped down because there will be feature rejig and the new Kia logo for April manufactured vehicles.

The promised delivery date has now been extended by 2 weeks . Does any one have any information about this or is it just another excuse from Kia?
Old 24th March 2021, 10:12   #4699
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shomeet View Post
The promised delivery date has now been extended by 2 weeks . Does any one have any information about this or is it just another excuse from Kia?
I guess it's probably a valid reason

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...roof-soon.html (Rumour: Kia Seltos to get a panoramic sunroof soon)
JithinR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2021, 10:59   #4700
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shomeet View Post
Hi Guys,

Really late reply but I have booked a KIA Seltos GT+ Manual in Steel Silver in December.

My delivery date was this week but the Sales guy tells me that production is being ramped down because there will be feature rejig and the new Kia logo for April manufactured vehicles.

Kia logo change is happening but not sure if it will be done immediately. I also booked Seltos IVT HTX in Feb 02,2021, but cancelled it (waiting for confirmation and refund from the dealer). I am taking Nissan Kicks with all the bells and whistles of Seltos GT line (except dual clutch and fancy 360 camera like features) at ₹4 lakhs lesser ORP. March 2021 made vehicle delivered in 3 days.

More over, all manufacturers planning to increase the price after April 1st by ₹35,000 - ₹40,000. If they had billed today, your Seltos probably cheaper by ₹40,000 than 2 weeks later!!

Clever ploy by the dealer, I think.
Ramchi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2021, 13:03   #4701
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramchi View Post
Kia logo change is happening but not sure if it will be done immediately. I also booked Seltos IVT HTX in Feb 02,2021, but cancelled it (waiting for confirmation and refund from the dealer). I am taking Nissan Kicks with all the bells and whistles of Seltos GT line (except dual clutch and fancy 360 camera like features) at ₹4 lakhs lesser ORP. March 2021 made vehicle delivered in 3 days.

More over, all manufacturers planning to increase the price after April 1st by ₹35,000 - ₹40,000. If they had billed today, your Seltos probably cheaper by ₹40,000 than 2 weeks later!!

Clever ploy by the dealer, I think.
Since you have made the booking in December 2020, there was a price increase already in effect for you, and with the another upward revision in the price you may need to shell out minimum ₹60,000-₹75000 more than the amount mentioned during the booking!
Old 24th March 2021, 16:30   #4702

Quote:
Originally Posted by pananth View Post
Friends, I'm Posting after a long gap. I have booked my new car.

Ford Ecosport BS6
Titanium
Diesel
Smoke Grey Colour
Dealer: Hans Ford, Chennai (Teynampet Branch)
Expected Delivery: 1st week of March
Booking Amount: Nil (as I am selling my existing Ford Figo to them - 2010 ZXI Diesel - they are taking for 1.9Lakhs (inc. all offers). They have taken the original RC book and gave a Ford Assured Car Receipt.

I understand some delays in production due to Semiconductor Shortage (but that is there for all the OEMs, I believe)...Dealer promised to deliver by 1st week of March...Fingers Crossed.
Friends,

Took delivery of my Ecosport Titanium today at Hans Ford, Teynampet, Chennai. Overall lead time of 2 months..Vehicle manufactured in March 2021
Attached Thumbnails
The "I Booked my Car" Thread-whatsapp-image-20210324-1.34.57-pm.jpeg  

pananth is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 24th March 2021, 17:04   #4703
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav3r1ckblu3 View Post
Update: She came yesterday from Thiruvananthapuram stockyard to Pathanamthitta. They're gonna fit her with accessories today. VIN says she was born in Jan'21. Odo shows 133 Kms which is fine too considering the distance she travelled. Hopefully gonna get delivery at an auspicious day and time next week. Attached are some pics I took. ✌
Hi. So the absolutely gorgeous Duster went to you ! My house is nearby the Renault showroom in Pathanamthitta and I really loved the colour on the car. Congratulations on acquiring your gorgeous steed.
kraken is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2021, 17:19   #4704
BHPian

Last month, I helped a friend with his first car purchase where I test drove Brezza and EcoSport, finalized and negotiated the deal for him.
My friend wanted to buy the Nexon but the huge waiting time (4+ months) was a deal-breaker and we settled with the next best option in the segment, the EcoSport.

Manufacturer: Ford
Model: EcoSport
Variant: Titanium
Fuel Type: Petrol
Color: Diamond White
Dealer: PPS Ford, Hebbal
Booking Date: Feb 2nd Week
Expected Delivery: 22nd March
Discounts: ~30K including Corporate, Insurance and Accessories Discounts
On-Road Price: 11.9 lacs (incl. EW & accessories)
Accessories: Seat Cover, Wheel Arch Cladding, Window Visors and Basic Car Cover

Selection and Delivery experience can be found here: Link (2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review)

Last edited by Funny : 24th March 2021 at 17:23.
Funny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2021, 20:06   #4705
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post
we settled with the next best option in the segment, the EcoSport.
It's still the best option! Your friend will realize it as he drives it more.

Last edited by 07CR : 24th March 2021 at 20:15.
07CR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2021, 01:44   #4706
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by patel View Post
Needed a 7 seater. Considering all the pros and cons booked an Ertiga.
Expected Delivery Date : 6 months waiting
Received the car yesterday:
The "I Booked my Car" Thread-img_20210326_1753442.jpg

Total wait since paying booking amount: ~11weeks
Originally booked M.Grey, and received White (based on feedback from F&F and the promise of lesser wait)

Delivery process overall was smooth.
  • Tyre pressure was at 50+ psi
    Car stopped in middle of busy Nagar road, few kms from shworoom (Kothari Wheels), reason: petrol. It was scarry affair with kids inside. Rapped SA and they came with some petrol to make car mobile again. Didn't wanted to loose my cool then, but made sure they hear earful once I reached home.
    Took car for short spin this morning, all signs green. Smart hybrid works, albeit for few seconds. Like the color mid.
    Planning to out together an ownership thread soon.

Any running in considerations, beside keeping revs below 3-4k fir first 1000km?
patel is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 31st March 2021, 13:07   #4707
BANNED

Today morning I have taken the delivery of Nissan Kicks XV Premium CVT 1.3 Turbo Petrol Gray Colour.

Dealer Autorelli in Nandanam, Mt Road Chennai gave reasonable deal with almost immediate delivery of a March 17th, 2021 manufactured vehicle including accessories, registration, name plates etc...

The Sales Associate I dealt was very courteous lady, very patient (especially dealing customers like me who are impatient) , very responsive and very professional. They were able to handle all pre sale and actual sale processes cleanly.

They even performed a mini pooja with their security person at the time of delivery. Very thoughtful of handing over ₹500 worth petrol card from the nearby bunker which was quite useful for the initial commute.

The SA told Kicks can expect price increase by ₹45,000 from tomorrow onwards!!
Ramchi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2021, 21:53   #4708

Hi. This is my first post here.

So, my wife and I decided to buy a car. Both of us new to driving.

And, despite of all reasoning and rationale, went ahead and booked Skoda Rapid Ambition AT. I had also liked XUV300 a lot as well. But Rapid just felt more like our car.

Thanks to team-bhp and its amazing members in helping us in our research.

Will keep updating.
rhnsingh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th April 2021, 07:54   #4709
BHPian

Make: Maruti Suzuki
Model: Swift
Variant: VXi
Transmission: Manual
Color: Midnight Blue
Dealer: Kalyani Motors, Old Madras Road
Date of Booking: 3rd April 2021
Expected Date of Delivery: 1 week from Booking date.

Finally decided to sell our Polo after 7 years and buy another hatchback(since this will continue to be our 2nd car).
aneezan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th April 2021, 08:52   #4710
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav3r1ckblu3 View Post
Hopefully gonna get delivery at an auspicious day and time next week.
Update: Apologies for the delay, the car was ready to be delivered on time, however due to some unforeseen circumstances back home, had to delay the delivery to the end of first week of April. Thanks to Renault Pathanamthitta for understanding the situation and keeping the car with them longer than they'd have liked. My overall experience with them, right from the test drive to the delivery, has been fantastic. I hope the after sales service too remains worry free. Onto the pics then

Pics 1 & 2 were taken during the delivery
Pic 3 was taken after installing door cladding
Pic 4 & 5 were taken during accessories installation and before the door cladding was installed.

I don't think anyone would be interested in reading an ownership review of a decade old production car, considering much has been written and discussed in this forum about this behemoth. Plus GTO has absolutely nailed it with his first drive review. But I'd sign off by giving my first drive impressions in brief below:

Drove to the Thiruvananthapuram airport from Pathanamthitta and back (220 kms approx.). Some personal observations:

+ ones:
1. Short first and second gear ratios and longer gear ratios thereafter, never reached the 6th gear. Mostly driven in the 3rd, 4th and occasionally 5th gear on Kerala roads
2. Hill assist is a blessing
3. Overtaking is a breeze, that BMW owner whom I overtook might still be scratching his head as to how a decade old production car went past him with ease
4. Auto-stop and start definitely helps in the beginning till you get used to the clutch play, and helps hide the embarrassment when you stall the car inadvertently
5. A very refined, quiet and a powerful engine which is the heart of this beast. I sincerely hope I never face an engine problem during my ownership of this car (here's looking at you Merc-Renault-Nissan)
6. Airy and spacious cabin due to the large windscreen and windows
7. Sorted and plush suspension, great steering feedback (apart from those kickbacks)
8. High seating position and hood visibility

- ones:
1. Although the clutch is ok, yet the MT is a pain in bumper to bumper traffic (literal pain in the knee and ankle if you're stuck for 30 minutes at a stretch)
2. Constant look out in the ORVM's during driving to make sure you don't brush past anything because of the flared wheel arches. Will get used to it as I drive more.

I'm not writing anything about the exteriors or interiors because a lot has already been written and discussed about it here. As they say "Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder"..

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraken View Post
Hi. So the absolutely gorgeous Duster went to you ! My house is nearby the Renault showroom in Pathanamthitta and I really loved the colour on the car. Congratulations on acquiring your gorgeous steed.
Yessir, who'd have thought our sleepy little town would have BHP'ians Pleasure to meet you virtually, hope to see and meet you when it's possible to do so. Thank you so much for your kind words.
Attached Thumbnails
The "I Booked my Car" Thread-img20210408wa0127.jpg  

The "I Booked my Car" Thread-img20210408wa0130.jpg  

The "I Booked my Car" Thread-img20210405wa0020.jpg  

The "I Booked my Car" Thread-img_20210320_155401.jpg  

The "I Booked my Car" Thread-img_20210320_155329.jpg  

mav3r1ckblu3 is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed