Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2021, 12:25   #4711
BHPian

Re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav3r1ckblu3 View Post
Yessir, who'd have thought our sleepy little town would have BHP'ians Pleasure to meet you virtually, hope to see and meet you when it's possible to do so. Thank you so much for your kind words.

Yeah ! Us Bhpians are everywhere ! Definitely ! I'll be on the lookout for your car whenever I'm home ! Do flash your lights if you ever see a Red Rapid Monte Carlo around !

Not taking this thread OT anymore !!
kraken is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th April 2021, 17:31   #4712

Booked my car on 24th March.

Model - Tata Altroz
Variant - XT Petrol
Color - Harbour Blue
Price - 8.06 Lacs OTR Chennai
Dealer - Sri lakshmi motors Velachery
Expected Delivery - 6-8 weeks
Booking Amount - 10K
n.arun01 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th April 2021, 13:21   #4713
BHPian

I booked the car yesterday.
What we needed was a super comfortable and ultra reliable 7-seater.
We evaluated and Test Drove these: Endeavour, Fortuner, Kia Carnival and Innova Crysta couple of times. Finally, we zeroed down to Innova Crysta ZX AT.

I will surely create a ownership thread where I will mention how I zeroed down to Innova Crysta.

Make : Toyota
Model : Innova Crysta
Variant : ZX AT 2021 (2.4L is the only option)
Fuel : Diesel
Body Color : Pearl White
Seat Color : Camel Tan
Booking Date : 16-Apr-2021
Expected Delivery Date : 60-90 Days. Salesperson says he will try to deliver within 45-60 days.
Dealer & City : Ravindu Toyota
Freebies : Mudflaps, Rubber Mat, Idol, Perfume.
Others Offers : For a car which has 60 days waiting period, getting any discount is very tough/next to impossible. I could get some discount on accessory list as consolation.

I want to thank PrideRed, Audioholic, Sankar, raghukodali, Technic90 as their active updates to the Crysta ownership and addressing some of my queries which helped me finalize this car.

Now eagerly awaiting the delivery and to go on long drive with family(obviously if Covid situation improves by then)!
daretodream is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th April 2021, 22:50   #4714
BHPian

Hello,

I booked the car last month and below are the details.
Make : Ford
Model : Ecosport
Variant : Titanium
Booking Date : 6th March
Color : Canyon Ridge (Orangish brown)
Expected Delivery Date : Mid of May
Dealer & City : Bhavna Ford, Navi Mumbai
Freebies : None
Others : 20k Corporate discount
blueshift is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 17th April 2021, 22:00   #4715
MaG
BHPian

I booked a car on 13th April.
What we needed was a comfortable, large road presence vehicle to replace 8 year old Nissan Terrano.
We evaluated and Test Drove these: Tata Harrier, Kia Seltos, Hyundai Creta. Finally, we zeroed down to Tata Harrier XZA.

I will surely create a ownership thread once I've the keys in my hand.

Make : Tata
Model : Harrier
Variant : XZA
Body Color : White
Booking Date : 13-Apr-2021
Expected Delivery Date : 5 - 7 Weeks.
Dealer & City : Sai Baba Automotives Pvt Ltd, Pune
Freebies : Mudflaps, Rubber Mat, Mascot.
Others Offers : Tata Employee discount and few goodies.

Now eagerly awaiting the delivery and to go on long drive with family/friends (if Covid situation improves by then)!
MaG is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 21st April 2021, 19:34   #4716
BHPian

I 'nearly' booked our car and then did a retake.

We had locked in on the ZX which comes to a whopping 32lakh in Bangalore.

Some thoughts which went into us doing a retake....

1. Current situation and the near future, because of covid, is hazy. The thread GTO started on Covid and everyone's comments are spot on.

2. Arrival of EV - I expect atleast some EVs on the road in India in another 2-3 years. Will my Innova hold decent value in a decade with EVs landing?

3. Top of it, our Vento is running exceptionally well. Selling it for a song (which is what I'm getting) seems like a great deal for the buyer but a bad deal for me.

Sharing my thoughts with the community.

Last edited by anandbangalore : 21st April 2021 at 19:37.
anandbangalore is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th April 2021, 10:20   #4717

Hi everyone! Booked my first ever car on March 30th, and have to say that reading all Team BHP reviews and feedbacks definitely made my decision much easier!

Make : Maruti Suzuki
Model : Swift 2021
Variant : ZXI AMT
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : March 30th, 2021
Color : Midnight Blue
Expected Delivery Date : Supposed to be today, but considering it as May 15th given the scenario
Dealer & City : Vitesse, Mumbai
Freebies : A few accessories worth about 3-4k

Looking forward to drive soon.
somaiya11 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th May 2021, 11:45   #4718
BHPian

Hi All , I booked Hyundai Venue SX(O) turbo petrol manual, in March 2020. After few days, lockdown was declared and had to cancel the booking, after two months of waiting. In August 2020, booked the same model again and the waiting began. Around mid October, hurt my back while playing football and scans revealed that I got a severe slip disc, pinching the nerves(sciatica) down left leg. I had to cancel the booking once again as I cant drive a manual, anytime soon. Came April 2021, more than a year after my first booking, I booked a Kia Sonet GTX+ DCT and details below.

Make : KIA
Model : Sonet
Variant : GTX+ Turbo Petrol 7 DCT
Body Color : Glacier Pearl White + Aurora Black
Booking Date : 11-Apr-2021
Expected Delivery Date : 6 - 8 Weeks (going to be extended due to lockdown)
Dealer & City : Bhavna Wheels, Nerul, Navi Mumbai
Freebies : None
Others Offers : None
Ethnicul is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 16th May 2021, 14:31   #4719

Hello Everyone After falling in love with the 1 Litre TSi I have booked the following car.

Make: Volkswagen
Model: Vento
Variant: Highline
Fuel: Petrol 1.0 TSI
Booking Date: 18th March 2021
Colour: White
Expected Delivery Date: Supposed to be delivered by 14th April but the city has been under lockdown since 10th April
Dealer & City: Volkswagen Indore, Indore
Freebies: Reverse Camera
Others: Corporate Discount
AVash is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2021, 08:53   #4720
BHPian

After much soul searching, I completely ignored my head and listened to my heart Was really impressed with how good the car was to drive, but found out that it was a really, really tight fight in the garage. Looked at a few others but didn't like driving any of them as much as I liked the Kicks. Finally decided that I would get used to the parking pain eventually, and took the plunge.

Make : Nissan
Model : Kicks Turbo MT
Variant : XV Premium (O)
Color : White/Black dual tone
Expected Delivery Date : Early June
Dealer & City : Autorelli Nissan Kolkata
Discount : Cash discount + Discount on accessories
maxratul is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 18th May 2021, 11:15   #4721

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhnsingh View Post
Hi. This is my first post here.

So, my wife and I decided to buy a car. Both of us new to driving.

And, despite of all reasoning and rationale, went ahead and booked Skoda Rapid Ambition AT. I had also liked XUV300 a lot as well. But Rapid just felt more like our car.

Thanks to team-bhp and its amazing members in helping us in our research.

Will keep updating.
Dealer (JMD) has informed that car has been allocated to me - not sure what it means. It is asking for 80% payment to be done upfront then they will raise the purchase order to Skoda. And, thereafter it will come to them after few days and then they will call me for inspection and remaining payment to be done. They are saying delivery will happen within 15 working days after receiving 80% payment. Just wanted to check if this is the usual practice?
Old 18th May 2021, 17:47   #4722
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dealer (JMD) has informed that car has been allocated to me - not sure what it means. It is asking for 80% payment to be done upfront then they will raise the purchase order to Skoda. And, thereafter it will come to them after few days and then they will call me for inspection and remaining payment to be done. They are saying delivery will happen within 15 working days after receiving 80% payment. Just wanted to check if this is the usual practice?
Nope. Definitely not usual practice. Until you've agreed to pay them the 80% beforehand, do not do it. Dealers tend to take on such practices when the volumes are low. Please ensure that you don't pay a single rupee more before you see the car in the flesh and go through a proper PDI if possible.

Also, questions to other BHPians too, how can a dealer allocate a car before raising a purchase order? I feel there is some communication error here.

Last edited by akash_v12 : 18th May 2021 at 17:49.
akash_v12 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th May 2021, 17:57   #4723
BHPian

Quote:
This is dealers way to get some cash for him to use. I assume you have already paid booking amount. That is enough from you at this moment. Usual practice is the car gets billed to the dealer, dealer pays to the manufacturer with his capital, not customers. Manufacturer ships the car to the dealer. Customer does the PDI then pays the down payment or whatever is remaining.
Car has been allocated to you simply means, the manufacturer has taken your booking and allocated a vehicle for you. Since you are first time car buyer, SA might have got this idea. Just mail them and ask if you pay 80 % amount and if something happens while transporting the car or after doing PDI you find any faults, dealer will have to bear the costs or provide you with another vehicle. 95% chance the dealer will back off. Till you have not paid whole amount, or the RTO tax, the vehicle is dealer's liability. Even after this, the dealer is adamant, simply go to another dealer. Wishing you a happy vehicle purchase
Akshay6988 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th May 2021, 20:11   #4724
BHPian

Quote:
When i booked Hyundai Venue in 2020, after a month or two, got the call from dealer, saying VIN is allocated and when will I be paying the full amount. I had paid only the booking amount of 25k till then. I told them, once the car reaches the dealership , I will do an inspection and if everthing ok, will pay full amount then and there. To my surprise, the dealer straight away told, they will have to allot the car to next customer, who is ready to pay full amount upfront. I checked with other colleagues who had bought a Hyundai in Mumbai and everyone was asked to release the full payment on VIN allocation. Anyways, I had to cancel the booking because of some other reason.

I had bought two cars in Kerala, one Hyundai i20(2014)and one Maruti Baleno(2020) and dealer never demanded full payment upfront. Both cars, we went to the dealer yard, selected from a lot and then released the payment.

I am not sure, if this upfront payment thing is specific to Mumbai dealers.

Have booked a KIA sonet now, in Mumbai. Lets see what dealer is demanding once vehicle is alloted.
Ethnicul is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 19th May 2021, 18:10   #4725
BHPian

Booked Renault Kiger RXZ CVT dual tone. Usage is primarily for parents, hence preferred the convenient CVT option.

Make: Renault
Model: Kiger
Variant: RXZ
Powertrain : Petrol - 1.0 Turbo CVT
Booking Date: 04th April 2021
Colour: Mahogany Brown DT
Expected Delivery Date: Vehicle reached dealership yard & expecting delivery post receipt of HSRP. Delayed due to ongoing lockdown.
Dealer & City: TVS Renault, Calicut.
Offers/discounts - Nill

Additional accessories ordered : Full floor matting, bumper corner protector, Wind deflector, Trunk lamp, FR parking sensors.

Ex-showroom price - 9,78,500
OTR price - 11,08,784 (excluding insurance & additional accessories)
redbaron91 is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks