Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2021, 12:46   #4771
Senior - BHPian

Re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jattitude View Post
Hi! Congratulations to you and your wife for your new car. We too have been contemplating switching as Excel tells me that it makes total sense to do so. Could you elaborate on your sr. no. 3, i.e. Fame 2 benefits + State subsidy and share final calculations? Thank you!
Fame 2 Subsidy which roughly is 3L for Xenon XZ+ is given directly to the manufacturer. You can see the details here - https://fame2.heavyindustry.gov.in/ModelUnderFame.aspx. This subsidy is for roughly 15-17K vehicles. My understanding is more than 10K already have been sold and this number may get surpassed soon.

Furthermore Maharashtra state has given Rs 1L subsidy to first 10K EVs( all vehicles) and the number today is 8900 odd.

Hope this clarifies.
MileCruncher is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2021, 16:29   #4772
AZT
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Fame 2 Subsidy which roughly is 3L for Xenon XZ+ is given directly to the manufacturer. You can see the details here - https://fame2.heavyindustry.gov.in/ModelUnderFame.aspx. This subsidy is for roughly 15-17K vehicles. My understanding is more than 10K already have been sold and this number may get surpassed soon.
Furthermore Maharashtra state has given Rs 1L subsidy to first 10K EVs( all vehicles) and the number today is 8900 odd.
So your OTR of 16.9 l is after these subsidies ? How much would this car cost without subsidy.
Old 2nd July 2021, 16:47   #4773
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Fame 2 Subsidy which roughly is 3L for Xenon XZ+ is given directly to the manufacturer.
Missing the Gateway I guess

Xenon or Nexon?
Dry Ice is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2021, 16:45   #4774
BHPian

With my search for the elusive 25 lac SUV on the back burner, it was time to replace our daily driver. My criteria was -

• Solid and fun to drive
  • Top notch Safety
  • Proper automatic under 10 lacs

Compact SUVs were not even in consideration and 1 quick test drive of the Polo 1L TSI automatic sealed the deal. The SA told me he had seen this reaction regularly from people after the test drive. The engine gearbox combination in one word is fantastic! The fact that it is not the notorious DQ200 but a more reliable (hopefully) torque converter was an added bonus

Moved quickly after the test drive and booked the new variant - Comfortline TSI AT - it misses some features of the highline which I'm okay with. Dealer had my preferred colour in stock and I completed the PDI today!

This variant comes with these rather nice looking alloys and runs on 185/60 R15s

It does miss out on some nice to have features but importantly has all the safety features including ESC and hill hold assist too.

The "I Booked my Car" Thread-pxl_20210703_090812719.mp2.jpg

Referred the handy team-bhp PDI document and all looked good!
I'm probably the first here to book this particular variant, happy to answer any questions anyone might have!

Total damages: 9.6 lacs on road with zero dep insurance.

Additionally getting a reversing camera and headlight upgrades done from the dealer (to avoid any warranty issues)
Shreyas_H is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2021, 17:08   #4775
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas_H View Post
With my search for the elusive 25 lac SUV on the back burner, it was time to replace our daily driver. My criteria was -

• Solid and fun to drive
  • Top notch Safety

Compact SUVs were not even in consideration and 1 quick test drive of the Polo 1L TSI automatic sealed the deal. The SA told me he had seen this reaction regularly from people after the test drive. The engine gearbox combination in one word is fantastic! The fact that it is not the notorious DQ200 but a more reliable (hopefully) torque converter was an added bonus

Moved quickly after the test drive and booked the new variant - Comfortline TSI AT - it misses some features of the highline which I'm okay with. Dealer had my preferred colour in stock and I completed the PDI today!
Can you post a few interior pictures? Want to see how the steering wheel, infotainment systems and gear lever look together. Also the seats. Thanks.
Pancham is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2021, 17:24   #4776
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Can you post a few interior pictures? Want to see how the steering wheel, infotainment systems and gear lever look together. Also the seats. Thanks.
Here you go!

The "I Booked my Car" Thread-pxl_20210630_062350948.jpg

They infotainment system will be installed just before delivery by the dealer as standard for this variant, it's a Blaupunkt touchscreen system, not the standard VW one and I believe it's called the Blaupunkt San Marco. It has all the features you would need including phone mirroring and is compatible with reversing cameras and also steering mounted controls (for future upgrades, if any)

I'm also getting the steering leather wrapped otherwise it looks a bit bare bones right now.

Here's one of the seats, the gear shifter and the hand brake. No Chrome, just the way I like it

The "I Booked my Car" Thread-pxl_20210630_062618307.jpg

Will share better and more pictures once I take delivery by Tuesday/Wednesday
Shreyas_H is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2021, 17:27   #4777
BHPian

Quote:
It does miss out on some nice to have features but importantly has all the safety features including ESC and hill hold assist too.

Attachment 2174461
Referred the handy team-bhp PDI document and all looked good!
I'm probably the first here to book this particular variant, happy to answer any questions anyone might have!
Congrats on the new ride. It looks amazing in that color (my favourite color for a car and the best implementation of a blue shade in my personal opinion).

I am actually surprised to hear that it has all the electronic safety aids. I had assumed that Volkswagen removed these to make way for the ACC and touchscreen. The fact that I still can't find the brochure on Volkswagen website just goes to show how much these guys suck as far as their website is concerned.

Happy to see that they are included. Can you please quote the ex-showroom amount.

Volkswagen website shows the ex showroom price as Rs. 8.51L but also mention an offer price for the month as Rs. 8.34L.

Last edited by JithinR : 3rd July 2021 at 17:28.
JithinR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2021, 17:41   #4778
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
Congrats on the new ride.

I am actually surprised to hear that it has all the electronic safety aids.

Happy to see that they are included. Can you please quote the ex-showroom amount.

Volkswagen website shows the ex showroom price as Rs. 8.51L but also mention an offer price for the month as Rs. 8.34L.
Thank you! I love this shade as well and it was a clear choice to go for Lapiz Blue.

Yes, it was kind of important for me that the car comes with all safety aids and I made the SA double check because like you said the brochure is very unclear!
The traction control button cleared all my doubts

Yes there is a discounted price of 8.34 for non metallic shades and 8.44 for the metallic ones. Got some additional corporate discount of 5000, dealer discount of 4000, got the insurance almost down to my external quote and am getting some basic freebies too!
Shreyas_H is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2021, 11:33   #4779
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZT View Post
So your OTR of 16.9 l is after these subsidies ? How much would this car cost without subsidy.
Car cost is 16.56L with subsidy. You can add 3L to it when the subsidy goes away. However this doesn't include the state level subsidy comes 3-6 month post purchase.
Old 4th July 2021, 12:11   #4780
AZT
BHPian

Quote:
Car cost is 16.56L with subsidy. You can add 3L to it when the subsidy goes away. However this doesn't include the state level subsidy comes 3-6 month post purchase.
No wonder we need these subsidies, it’s not so much for the customer as it’s for the manufacturer. You can definitely buy another car for 17 lakhs but who’s gonna buy a Nexon for 20.
Old 4th July 2021, 17:11   #4781
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZT View Post
No wonder we need these subsidies, it’s not so much for the customer as it’s for the manufacturer. You can definitely buy another car for 17 lakhs but who’s gonna buy a Nexon for 20.
There are people who are buying EV at 20L and beyond. And comparing a EV buying price directly with ICE car is not correct. While EVs have a very high capex, they have miniscule opex. Whereas ICE cars have a substantial opex too.

Lets considers Polo GT TSI ( car which i'm replacing) with Nexon EV with Annual Running of 15K Kms

Polo GT TSI
  1. On Road Price - Rs 11 Lakhs
  2. Car Life - 8 years
  3. Terminal Value at end of Life - Rs 1 Lakh
  4. Cost / Year - Rs. 1.25 Lakh
  5. Cost of Petrol - Rs.103/ Litre
  6. Mileage - 10Kmpl
  7. Annual Running Cost - Rs 1.54 Lakhs
  8. Annual Service - Rs 15K
Total Annual Cost of Ownership - Rs 2.94 Lakhs + Interest Cost + Insurance Cost

Nexon EV
  1. On Road Price - Rs 17 Lakhs
  2. Car Life - 8 years
  3. Terminal Value at end of Life - Rs 1 Lakh
  4. Cost / Year - Rs. 2 Lakh
  5. Cost of Electricity Unit - Rs.7/KwH
  6. Battery Capacity - 30 KWH
  7. Mileage / Full Charge - 200Km
  8. Cost / Km - Rs 1.05
  9. Annual Running Cost - Rs 16k
  10. Annual Service - Rs 3K
Total Annual Cost of Ownership - Rs 2.19 Lakhs + Interest Cost + Insurance Cost

Saving - Rs 75K/ Year or Rs 6 Lakhs over 8 years.

Subsidy is only to increase adoption.
Old 4th July 2021, 17:19   #4782
AZT
BHPian

Quote:
Subsidy is only to increase adoption.
Agree with this. My point was more about the quality of car you get for the money. People will pay 20 lakhs for an Ev but not for a Nexon. It’s a good car but not thaaat good.

Re the financial bit I remember Hayek had made a good comment on the finances on one of the threads. Nexon EV was compared to a Seltos ( I think) and I’d agree with the outcome that Seltos was a better long term bet. On phone so can’t find the comment but will link it later if I come across.
Old 4th July 2021, 17:51   #4783
BHPian

Quote:
  • Solid and fun to drive
  • Top notch Safety
Congrats! I was wondering just the other day on whether you finalized on the JC or not? I'm continuing to wait it out - given that the lockdown has induced a heavy reduction in running anyway - I put the plan on hold.

I'm sure you'll love the VAG quality! I have the 2017 GT TSI and absolutely love it! It's a fun hatch and a great daily driver for the city. Though I haven't driven the new 1L. Looking forward to your review.
Vandit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2021, 19:26   #4784
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandit View Post
Congrats! I was wondering just the other day on whether you finalized on the JC or not? I'm continuing to wait it out - given that the lockdown has induced a heavy reduction in running anyway - I put the plan on hold.
Thanks man! I was going to message you, I booked it with VW downtown through Ankit, the SA whose number you had shared! Had given him your reference.
While technically the Polo is my wife's car , my plans are on hold too. There just isn't enough running right now. Let's see if the compass sees good discounts in the future. Till then the Polo would do just fine.

Quote:
I'm sure you'll love the VAG quality! I have the 2017 GT TSI and absolutely love it! It's a fun hatch and a great daily driver for the city. Though I haven't driven the new 1L. Looking forward to your review.
I'll try to put up an ownership review soon. Should get delivery of the car in the next couple of days
Shreyas_H is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2021, 19:08   #4785

Quote:
We currently have 2 cars:
  1. 2018 Polo GT TSI - Primarily driven by Wife
  2. 2012 Laura TSI - Driven by me.
In the post Covid-19 world, our travel patterns have significantly changed. Wifey has gone into permanent WFH till Dec 21 while my monthly running has remained more or less the same.

The bug of changing cars has been raising its head from the beginning of the year. In Jan we TD'ed we went to TD Harrier and on a random hunch TD'ed the Nexon EV. As a follow-up to Nexon EV, we even TD'ed the MG ZS EV.

In Jan we had almost booked the Nexon EV but decided against it at the last moment because:
  1. Installation of Charging Point in the parking at home.
  2. Ridiculously low offer on the Laura by the dealer.
However last week, the car replacement bug reared it head. We did some Excel Maths and decided to replace one car in the stable. Reason for changing the car were:
  1. Cost of Petrol.
  2. Car sitting and leaking money.
  3. FAME-II benefits + State level subsidy coming to an end.
Make: Tata
Model: Nexon EV
Variant: XZ+ Lux
Color: Blue
Fuel: Electric
Booking Date: 26th June 2021
Expected Delivery Date: 60 Days
Dealer & City: Puneet Motors, Mumbai
Freebies : None
OTR: 16,70,000/-+ Insurance ( To be done by self)

Car being replaced - Polo GT TSI
Hello,

What are the FAME-II benefits that are currently available from the central government, the dealers in Pune seem not aware of this and have given me different answers. Would you please share your experience?

I know MH offers 1L as subsidy, but was looking for details on FAME-II other than 80EEB if any.

Thanks
Girish

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks