Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2021, 12:30   #4801

Re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
I thought the 1L subsidy went up to 1.5L. But now am confused with this. Please throw some light.
Yes, the IL subsidy has gone to 1.5L, but if you purchase the car on or before 31 Dec 2021, you can claim an extra 1L as early bird incentive
maverickg2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2021, 13:22   #4802
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Thanks.
I had the Honda City. It was sold off 2 days back with a very heavy heart

If you are worried about speed breakers, City glides over them fine without scraping. However, it's not a car you will drive in monsoon season with waterlogged roads. Due to its low stance there is a real fear of water getting into engine bay. I always preferred driving my Tiago during rains. City is indeed more spacious and comfortable. My usage demands a diesel Auto so I chose Sonet. If City had a Diesel Auto we would have seriously considered it too. If your running is less I will suggest you should go with City, it's reliable and the comfort it provides on long drives is superb.
Thanks! I am not worried about the speed breakers.

I am concerned about big potholes which you find when you go out of Delhi NCR. We do go on road trips to places in 600-700km range from Delhi 2-3 times a year.

My running has gone done now due to Covid-19 (about 750 kms a month). Used to drive close to 20k kms a year earlier mostly within the city with occasional drives to hills in HP/UK.
Old 20th July 2021, 15:14   #4803
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickg2 View Post
Yes, the IL subsidy has gone to 1.5L, but if you purchase the car on or before 31 Dec 2021, you can claim an extra 1L as early bird incentive
Your thread made me reach out to my Sales Executive and turns out that all subsidy has been removed from the Top End variant XZ+Lux.

So essentially the XZ+ Lux will be 3.5L ( 1 L price difference + 2.5L Subsidy) more expensive than XZ+.
Old 20th July 2021, 16:04   #4804

Quote:
Your thread made me reach out to my Sales Executive and turns out that all subsidy has been removed from the Top End variant XZ+Lux.

So essentially the XZ+ Lux will be 3.5L ( 1 L price difference + 2.5L Subsidy) more expensive than XZ+.
Yes only reason why I booked XZ+ and not XZ+ Lux, the only difference in the dark edition of both is sunroof, rain sensing vipers and auto headlamp.

I can live without it
Old 20th July 2021, 17:29   #4805
BHPian

Finally, time to update this thread!

Booked Kushaq 1.0TSI MT Style Variant at Tafe Access, Mangalore by paying 35k as booking amount which is fully refundable if canceled within 15 days. Gave carbon steel as the first choice and brilliant silver as the second. Carbon steel color seems to be a popular choice as it commands 45 day waiting period.
Being a freshly baked one, as expected no discounts were on offer. However, SA has agreed to match the insurance part with the outside quote. Essential accessories kit which is priced at 18799 is a total rip off which I have decided to give it a miss and planning to take only what is really "essential". I am yet to get the final OTR but I am expecting it to come around 18 lakhs as against 18.2 as quoted in the price list. For now, tentative delivery is given as the 2nd week of September, but I expect it to be delivered by end of August.

Last edited by DragonHawk : 20th July 2021 at 17:30.
DragonHawk is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st July 2021, 14:08   #4806
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickg2 View Post
Yes only reason why I booked XZ+ and not XZ+ Lux, the only difference in the dark edition of both is sunroof, rain sensing vipers and auto headlamp.

I can live without it
I have just been informed that the State Government policy has been rolled back and the GR is expected shortly. The 2.5L subsidy has been rolled back to 1L and the cap of 15L price has been removed.

So now all EVs will get same subsidy.

Expecting to see the GR copy in a couple of days.
Old 21st July 2021, 16:32   #4807

Quote:
I thought the 1L subsidy went up to 1.5L. But now am confused with this. Please throw some light.
That is very bad news, I still hope the government does not roll it back as it will discourage a lot of first time EV owners like me.
Old 23rd July 2021, 16:44   #4808
BHPian

Make : TATA
Model : Nexon
Variant : XZ Manual
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : 23-Jul-2021
Color : Foliage Green
Expected Delivery Date : 12 weeks from today
Dealer & City : Wasan Motors, Mumbai
Freebies : Mud flaps, Floor mats
Others : NA
Mark 5 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2021, 19:30   #4809
BHPian

Make : Hyundai
Model : Creta
Variant : SX MT - Changed to SX Executive
Booking Date : Early March '21
Color : Phantom Black
Expected Delivery Date : Next 10 days (hopefully)
Dealer & City : Trident, Bangalore
Freebies : Dint check for any. However negotiated to get insurance from outside.

I'm posting this almost after all the excitement had drained.. and rekindled with some progress in getting the car. Early July, the dealership executive called to break the news that SX manual will take many more months and I can opt for SX executive. After lot of deliberation and information check, I settled to change the booking. And then things started progressing faster. They have Lava Orange for immediate delivery. But i chose to wait for the color of our choice.

Now the dealer has confirmed that allotment is done and expecting the vehicle to reach in this week or so.

In the long wait, the price has increased twice and I'm hopeful of getting the car delivered before the next price increase. I believe there will be an increase in Sep - Oct window before the festive season.

Though there are no discounts, the dealer has agreed to match the insurance quote from outside and also allowed me to pick the optional packages for warranty, accessories, shield of trust etc. Probably I will not take any of these during the delivery and decide later.
Old 26th July 2021, 22:37   #4810
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chautob0t View Post
So after a long wait we have booked a Ford EcoSport.
Got our car delivered today! We changed the booking to Adiv Ford as Delhi Ford was not ready to commit to updated alloys even in a newly booked car. We originally wanted Smoke Grey with updated alloys. Delhi Ford had ready stock for black which we didn't want.

We talked to Adiv Ford and there was white colour available immediately with new alloys and we went with it instead of waiting for new batches and Smoke Grey colour. Price was also better than Delhi Ford and the dealership experience was 10 times better. The sales person Mr. Sahil Chaudhary was just fantastic. Gave us a great quote over the phone itself and we paid booking amount as well.

Visited the showroom later to meet and order the accessories, one day for PDI + seat cover installation and finally for delivery today. We installed Ford seat covers, Ford SS scuff plates, Ford wheel arch cladding, Ford sun blinds and third party chrome strip for the window lining.

It's a well reviewed and old model, so will not really add much about it. I will list the reasons why we went for it over Kushaq base variant though.

1. Family car - Read this as Dad's car and he will be infinitely more comfortable with non German controls and Ford's rough/tough image for city as well as highway drives to our native place. If it was just for me, I might have gone for Kushaq or something else too.
2. Money - Even though Kushaq isn't a budget issue, EcoSport is indeed cheaper to buy and maintain.
3. AC - It is fantastic. Kushaq was no match.
4. NA Engine - Both me and my dad really dislike the turbo lag in all turbo petrols.

I have to add that insulation from outside noise was clearly much better in Kushaq. EcoSport made sense for us from heart and head both, even with the risk of Ford exiting India. Adding a couple of pics and seat cover under installation pic to show how well it matches the interior colour scheme.

Delivery Today -
The "I Booked my Car" Thread-img_20210726_160421.jpg

Post PDI and washing yesterday -
The "I Booked my Car" Thread-img_20210725_142534.jpg

Seat Cover installation yesterday -
The "I Booked my Car" Thread-img_20210725_141235.jpg
chautob0t is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 26th July 2021, 22:58   #4811
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chautob0t View Post
Got our car delivered today!

Attachment 2184139
Congratulations chautob0t!
Back in December while getting delivery of our White Ecosport Titanium AT, I was drooling at the thought of a black roof and dark alloy upgrade. I must say, these alloys look so good with this color.
Shiftlock is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2021, 23:00   #4812
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftlock View Post
Congratulations chautob0t!
Back in December while getting delivery of our White Ecosport Titanium AT, I was drooling at the thought of a black roof and dark alloy upgrade. I must say, these alloys look so good with this color.
Thank you! And yes these alloys delayed our purchase by a couple of weeks. Thankfully the TeamBHP forum caught the alloys update and I asked dad to wait for new stocks.
Old 2nd August 2021, 20:29   #4813

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post

BTW I was initially contemplating changing to Smoke Grey from Absolute Black but stuck to my original choice. But I must say the Smoke Grey looks smashing in person.
Oh, now I get it, I also spotted you. Btw, I live close to Thillai Ganga nagar subway . let's catch up sometime.

Mod Note : Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.

Thanks

Last edited by Sheel : 2nd August 2021 at 20:32. Reason: Mod note attached.
pananth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2021, 01:41   #4814
BHPian

Almost a week late in posting this update on the thread!

Make: Hyundai
Model: Creta
Variant: SX (O) IVT 1.5L
Fuel: Petrol
Booking Date: 26th July 2021
Color: Typhoon Silver
Expected Delivery Date: 5 months (fingers crossed)
OTR: 19.98 L
Dealer & City: Arsh Hyundai, Mumbai
Freebies: Got 3D Mats as part of the deal, instead of the normal ones. Price of Mud Flaps, Boot Mat, Perfume built-in.
Others: Ordered additional accessories including Chrome Garnishes, Door Visors, Body Cover, Number Plate Frame.
IamNikhil is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2021, 07:22   #4815

Made the booking day before yesterday.

Make : TATA
Model : Nexon
Variant : XMA (S)
Color : Foliage Green
Expected Delivery Date : Today(!) if finance is settled or within the next week. (Weekend lockdown killing Saturday/Sunday)
Accessories/Services: Mat, MudFLap, Parcel Tray | Extended Warranty
Freebies : None.
Others : NA
Discount: On Insurance (Rs. 8K) and around Rs. 7.5K Cash.

Initially my local Dealer quoted 5-6 months waiting. I needed a car ASAP and therefore contacted a friend of mine who handles the dealership in other state. He could arrange a vehicle within a week, from the lot which was in transit to him. Additionally, was getting almost 35K discount.

Called my local dealer to inform the same. Within half an hour he came back with a vehicle allocation, committed delivery within days and an interesting offer. (Did the PDI of the car too!)

Even though the I could have saved more from the other state dealer due to existing relationship, I felt that 30-40k wasn't worth the hassle of making a 1500 km round trip with new vehicle and registration on my own.

Only negative is that I made the booking just the day the new price hike came into effect. At least the dealer made the offer which matched the OTR price for previous rate.
sopanurag is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks