Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2021, 22:42   #4861
BHPian

Re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelBallack View Post
After months of research and test drives, booked MS Scross Zeta MT(Granite grey) with Indus motors(Nexa), Ernakulam. They provided a better offer than Popular motors and after all the discounts on road price is coming to 11.05 lakhs. Delivery within 15th days.
Can you share the discounts provided?
Old 8th October 2021, 08:22   #4862
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid_deb View Post
Congrats on the booking. Just curious, are there no discounts at all on MG despite the brand facing stiff competition from Tata, Mahindra, Toyota and others? Even Toyota dealers do offer 15-20K off as a token these days on the Innova.
Thanks. Yes, there is absolutely no discount offered and no free accessories as well on Hector Plus.

What does standout is the below:

1. Ready to deliver vehicles (no waiting) of certain variants. This is a big plus
2. Reasonably priced Insurance (marginally more than what we can get outside)
TSEA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2021, 21:13   #4863

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaymahajan View Post
Can you share the discounts provided?
Pardon the delay.
On road Price: 11,55,980
Consumer Offer: 15000
Corporate Offer: 10000
Additional offer: 10000
Exchange Bonus: 15000
Net: 11,05,980/-

I am not exchanging my old car but they asked me to change the registration to my brother's name to avail the exchange bonus.
Old 9th October 2021, 07:16   #4864
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizaro View Post
Im late to post here but its better to be late then never

Model : Innova Crysta
Variant : ZX 2.4 Automatic
Booking Date : 28 May 2021
Color : Sparkling Black Crystal Pearl
Delivery Date : 30 June 2021
Discounts : 30k Cash Discount + 15k worth Accessories
I am ready to book 2.7GX manual. With the recent price hike, i am waiting for some offers but dealers are saying "No offers for Crysta anytime". Can you help share your experience on the offers you got? Did you negotiate after booking amount payment or before? Did you go in person to showroom and discuss with top officials? Any inputs will help. Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 15:59   #4865
BHPian

A small upgrade from a 10 year old Hyundai i10, to a Tata Tiago

Make : Tata
Model : Tiago
Variant : XZ+
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : 9/10/2021

Color : Arizona Blue
Expected Delivery Date : Last week of October
Dealer & City : KVR Dream Vehicles, Taliparamba, Kannur
Freebies : None offered so far
Others : Consumer offer of 15,000 in discount

As a sidenote, the company insurance quoted was Rs.7,000 more than what I was able to procure from outside. New buyers may look out. The manufacturing date of the car is September 2021, which may be verified with the help of Team-BHP's VIN decoder.
sravankrishnan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 18:35   #4866
BHPian

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post and it is about a car that I booked

Make: Mahindra
Model: XUV 300
Variant: W8 (O)
Fuel: Petrol
Gearbox: AMT
Color: Red Rage
Dealer: India Garage (Whitefield)
Booking date: 11 Oct 2021
Booking amount: 11k
Price quoted: 14,90,710 lakhs (On road Bengaluru, post discounts insurance not included)
Insurance: 56198 (Inclusive of zero dep insurance + 2 years 3rd Party + Road Side Assistance + Consumables)
Delivery: Expected in November
Proposed Discounts: 13000 + 4000 (corporate discount) + 5000 (complimentary items)
Complimentary Items: Idol, Perfume and Floor Mats

Selection was basis creating an initial set of basic requirements which were -

1. Safety & Comfort
2. Automatic
3. Spacious cabin
4. Within 15 Lakh

For test drive, had shortlisted Nexon, Venue, Scross and XUV 300

Tata Nexon: All that happened was they kept calling to ask which car I am interested in for test drive and then nothing. No SA seemed interested in providing me a vehicle for test drive. Lost interest and rejected this car. It was disappointing for me because I was really looking forward for experiencing this car. Even thought of hiring one from zoom cars or revv but the sales attitude demotivated me. So moved on.

Scross Petrol AT: I liked the car for its spacious feeling and driving experience. Its not a high performing engine but gives a very comfortable drive experience. Interiors of the car were way better than anything I have seen from Maruti. Build also seems of decent quality. Waiting time of 6 weeks.

Venue DCT: Test drove the DCT version. Peppy car but too compact for my requirement. Felt a bit claustrophobic to be honest. Waiting time of 2 months.

XUV 300 W8 Petrol AMT: It was an effort to get a test drive. First reached to Anant Cars. They took in my requirement and never called back. Didn't answer my calls either. Same with Sireesh Auto and PPS Mahindra. Reached out to India Garage and they were pretty responsive. They were not willing to come to my location for test drive so I went to the showroom. Was taken to the vehicle within 10 min. The Sales executive patiently explained all the features and pricing proposition. Drive was comfortable for me though the breaks are really sharp. Need to be light foot to break smoothly and also for feeling less jerks at low speed. I was informed that waiting time is 2 months. Only drawback for me was the presence of a Sunroof which I don't want. Boot space, though on the lower side, was ok for my requirements.

So, it was down to Scross and XUV 300 for me. I was tempted to go with Scross as it was around 1 to 1.5 lakh cheaper and fulfilled most of my requirements. Safety was the only concern. Lack of safety rating, only 2 airbags and absence of features such as ESP pushed me to finalize on XUV 300. Whether it is the right call, only time will tell

Booking experience was also pleasant. The sales executive (Mr. Arvind), patiently explained the price breakdown. When enquired, he said that I can go for external insurance and loan. Though on the insurance, he mentioned that he will try to match the external offers I get. Loan details quoted seem straight forward. SBI loan at 7.25% (no processing fees) with zero penalty foreclosure after 24 months. Around 7000 / 7500 for an agreement which is paid to the government. After this I was provided the receipt and proposed delivery time of November. The wait is on now.
amay1283 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th October 2021, 16:59   #4867
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amay1283 View Post
Reached out to India Garage and they were pretty responsive. They were not willing to come to my location for test drive so I went to the showroom. Was taken to the vehicle within 10 min. The Sales executive patiently explained all the features and pricing proposition. Drive was comfortable for me though the breaks are really sharp.

Loan details quoted seem straight forward. SBI loan at 7.25% (no processing fees) with zero penalty foreclosure after 24 months. Around 7000 / 7500 for an agreement which is paid to the government. After this I was provided the receipt and proposed delivery time of November.
As someone who has recently added the XUV3OO to my list of a prospective first car, this info comes as a gold mine!! Thanks for sharing.

I'm also located near Whitefield in Bangalore and was primarily in touch with Anant Cars (Marathahalli) and Sireesh Auto (Silk Board) for a test drive. Both, like you rightly mentioned, weren't that interested but since I was earlier not considering this car (I was on the Nexon/Sonet bandwagon), I didn't bother to follow up.

However, with a strong feedback from BHPians on this thread to consider the XUV3OO, I'm going to start my test drives on this.

A few specific queries on the dealer:
  1. Is the corporate discount available for all, or was it specific to a few companies?
  2. Did they match the insurance at market rates?
  3. 7.25% is an excellent interest rate. Was it processed through the dealer or did you have anyone in SBI helping you with this interest rate?
  4. Was there any handling charges that the dealer took?
  5. Did you check with the dealer on whether they allow PDI before final payment and VIN registration? Some dealers are a little hesitant, although most are okay with it, so wanted to know on this.

Thanks in advance!!
Old 13th October 2021, 17:25   #4868
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakumar View Post
A few specific queries on the dealer:
  1. Is the corporate discount available for all, or was it specific to a few companies?
  2. Did they match the insurance at market rates?
  3. 7.25% is an excellent interest rate. Was it processed through the dealer or did you have anyone in SBI helping you with this interest rate?
  4. Was there any handling charges that the dealer took?
  5. Did you check with the dealer on whether they allow PDI before final payment and VIN registration? Some dealers are a little hesitant, although most are okay with it, so wanted to know on this.

Thanks in advance!!
1. I didn't enquire on the corporate discount eligibility. Though he did not ask me which company I work in. But maybe better to connect with the dealer on this.
2. Insurance is something yet to be discussed. I wanted to know from them if I can procure externally or was it mandatory to take from them. They were ok with me going external but also mentioned to let them know what offers I am getting so that they can try to match.
3. Loan details are as quoted by the dealer. During the vehicle booking process, the sales executive introduced me to another member from his finance team who walked me through the details.
4. They have termed handling charge as "Incidental Charge". It will be Rs. 7080
5. They will allow PDI before registration
amay1283 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2021, 13:17   #4869
Distinguished - BHPian

Just received the news that my Altroz XZ+ 1.5 D has been billed.

Got the VIN too. October 2021

Right off the oven, fresh and hot

Delivery in about another 10 days.
Attached Thumbnails
The "I Booked my Car" Thread-img20211015wa0031.jpg  

PrasannaDhana is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th October 2021, 14:07   #4870
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pudarsanketh View Post
Insurance policy has been generated for my car and i see that the IDV is 890625 while the ex-showroom price is 937500.
Wanted to understand for new vehicles IDV will be 95% of the ex-showroom price ?
Yes. 95% IDV is the norm.
abhishek46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2021, 13:00   #4871
BHPian

Guys, I'll be looking to book a new car shortly. Are there any specific tips to keep in mind? Also there will be a finance requirement - is there any specific advantage going to the bank yourself or going with the dealer's tie-up with the banks?
Old 17th October 2021, 13:59   #4872
BHPian

Make: Tata
Model: Harrier
Variant: XZA+ Dark
Fuel: Diesel
Gearbox: TR
Color: Black - Dark Edition
Dealer: Key Motors
Booking amount: 25k
Price quoted: 26,60 lakhs (On-road Bengaluru, post discounts insurance included: But allowed to buy from outside)
Delivery: Expected in November

Had shortlisted
Tuscon, XUV700, Thar (Hardtop, Diesel AT), Jeep Compass.

Tuscon: The only car from Hyundai's stable which I like. 31.80L quoted price Bangalore. While it had everything and a bit more features than Harrier, it did not impress me on the ride quality. Also, it was 5L expensive than Harrier. 2022 Tuscon is on the way (& might be a bit more expensive).

XUV700: The two vehicles which I saw and TD'ed had two separate issues. Headunit was not working (even after restarting the car). The second car (TD'ed) sunroof had its own mind and was not closing. I thought it's best to buy Mahindra/Tata's only after the first two batches are done + Waiting period. Also, personally, for me, XUV700's steering feedback was not good (it was similar to Hyundai's feedback).

Thar: Two things: Waiting period (10 Months) + impractical boot. I was ok with the space for back passengers, but the boot space was important for me.

Harrier: Built + Cabin space + Driving dynamics. We understood that Tata's A-S-S is hit-or-miss. But, the A-S-S of Mahindra is no Toyota.

Jeep Compass: Every time I increase my budget so does jeep increases their pricing on their compass. 3 yrs ago when I brought Ecosport, Jeep was around 25L. When I upped my budget they increased their prices .
shashi792 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 17th October 2021, 16:40   #4873

Hello fellow BHPians, Newbie here (Just got approval of my membership 4 hours back, so very green). I booked a Kia Sonet HTX iMT Turbo Petrol after a lot of discussions, research and compromises with the family. This is going to be my first car purchase and am really looking forward to the whole experience.

Make : Kia
Model : Sonet
Variant : HTX
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : 27 September 2021
Color : Gravity Grey
Expected Delivery Date : Upto February 14, 2022
Dealer & City : Shreenath Kia, Thane

I have placed bookings at 2 different places just to see where I might get delivery earlier. One is with a certified dealer of Kia (Shreenath Kia, Thane) and the other is with a DSA (Arihant Cars, Mulund, Mumbai). The DSA has guaranteed the delivery by 31st October whereas the Dealer gave me a timeframe of upto 20 weeks which is in line with the manufacturer timeline. A little apprehensive about the DSA but let's see. I'll definitely follow all of TeamBHP's suggestions for the PDI in both cases. Hopefully this won't be a lemon. I get really anxious about it sometimes.
philsvmark is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2021, 18:14   #4874
One
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashi792 View Post

Jeep Compass: Every time I increase my budget so does jeep increases their pricing on their compass..... When I upped my budget they increased their prices .
Can you try reducing your budget so that we benefit
One is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 19th October 2021, 15:42   #4875
BHPian

Hello friends, I have booked my would be ride.

Make : KIA
Model : Seltos
Variant : GTX+
Transmission : 6 speed automatic
Fuel : Diesel
Booking Date : 18 October 2021
Color : Intense Red
Expected Delivery Date : Approximately 18 to 19 weeks from booking
Dealer & City : AJINKYA AUTOWHEELS LLP; Aurangabad
Freebies : None
Attached Thumbnails
The "I Booked my Car" Thread-booking-reciept.jpg