Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2010, 22:44   #31
BHPian

Hi altius,
No doubt that both are amazing cars, I'd still go for Polo.
1. IMHO, Polo looks much more masculine with those 'clean & straight' lines and those 7-spoke alloys.
2. Also, the Polo 1.6 comes with 185/60 R15 whereas Fabia 1.6 comes with 165/60 R14 wheels.
3. Polo's GC is 168mm and that of Fabia's is 158mm.
4. Rear wash/wipe with defogger in Polo and you get nothing in Fabia.
5. A.S.S of VW is *better* than that of Skoda (VW owners can add more on this)

The -ves of Polo are (IMO, of course)
1. 14" spare wheel
2. No electrically adjustable mirrors (Even Fabia doesn't have this)
3. Rear bench comfort (Not sure about Fabia)

So I feel like it's best & wise to go with Polo
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
Unlikely unfortunately
Old 8th December 2010, 23:11   #32
BHPian

Re: Polo 1.6 vs Fabia 1.6

Thanks hdnivara. I agree with most of your points. As of now the A.S.S of VW is still a unknown. VW is still a first choice for me only that the dealer doesn't have a Polo 1.6 TD car. To work around that, I am planning to TD a Vento 1.6 petrol for 1.6 engine performance and Polo 1.2 for space, ergonomics etc. I believe Fabia would be a more spacious and confortable car.
Old 21st December 2010, 20:53   #33
BHPian

These two cars have been in my consideration set and I am leaning more towards the Fabia 1.6. Some notes after having visited both dealers
- Skoda dealers in B'lore surprisingly more responsive than VW. Maybe VW dealers are complacent with so many overbookings. Not sure if this will translate into better service though
- Heard from a couple of secondary sources that VW service is not great either
- Fabia has great leg space at the back, found it to be better than most C segment sedans
- Looks wise Polo far more polished than the Fabia
- For me the dealbreaker was the sort of indefinite waiting period for Polo 1.6. According to the dealer the production has been stopped and the period is 6+ months. Fabia is available in 6 weeks, so going for it
Old 22nd December 2010, 09:19   #34
BHPian

I am also in a similar position. Did you get chance to testdrive Polo 1.6? If yes, how did compare with Fabia 1.6. I found Fabia to be a bit sluggish initially and wondering if it is the same with Polo 1.6. Chennai VW dealer does not have a Polo 1.6 for TD, but they did not mention about any production stoppage when i went a couple of weeks back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guha_2001 View Post
These two cars have been in my consideration set and I am leaning more towards the Fabia 1.6. Some notes after having visited both dealers
- Skoda dealers in B'lore surprisingly more responsive than VW. Maybe VW dealers are complacent with so many overbookings. Not sure if this will translate into better service though
- Heard from a couple of secondary sources that VW service is not great either
- Fabia has great leg space at the back, found it to be better than most C segment sedans
- Looks wise Polo far more polished than the Fabia
- For me the dealbreaker was the sort of indefinite waiting period for Polo 1.6. According to the dealer the production has been stopped and the period is 6+ months. Fabia is available in 6 weeks, so going for it
Old 22nd December 2010, 11:03   #35
Senior - BHPian

The Polo has one huge drawback which is the poor rear legroom, that apart it is a great buy.
Old 22nd December 2010, 13:36   #36
BHPian

I took a TD of Polo 1.2 today. It felt lighter and agile than Fabia. And I thought 1.2 was also quite responsive though a little bit noisy. I plan to book the Polo 1.6 by end of the month.
Old 22nd December 2010, 16:43   #37
Senior - BHPian

^Cheers!
I too TD the Polo and it felt more mature in its driving dynamics than the Fabia. Good decision.
Old 22nd December 2010, 21:13   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by altius View Post
I took a TD of Polo 1.2 today. It felt lighter and agile than Fabia. And I thought 1.2 was also quite responsive though a little bit noisy. I plan to book the Polo 1.6 by end of the month.
Way to go buddy! A wise decision indeed
Old 24th December 2010, 10:28   #39
BHPian

Both the cars belong to the same family so it is really interesting to read people saying that VW's A.S.S. is 'better' than Skoda's. It is highly hypothetical. I doubt anybody who has bought a Polo or Vento would have had the first service itself done. By reading most of the booking threads of VW, the sales experience itself is not something to write home about. It would be better to wait and watch the results before commenting on A.S.S.
Old 24th December 2010, 14:00   #40
BHPian

Booked the Polo 1.6 today. Delivery expected between 2 - 4 months. Thanks everyone for your valuable inputs...
Old 24th December 2010, 15:03   #41
BHPian

Quote:
I am also in a similar position. Did you get chance to testdrive Polo 1.6? If yes, how did compare with Fabia 1.6. I found Fabia to be a bit sluggish initially and wondering if it is the same with Polo 1.6. Chennai VW dealer does not have a Polo 1.6 for TD, but they did not mention about any production stoppage when i went a couple of weeks back.
In Bangalore the Fabia 1.6 doesnt seem to be available for TD. I tried the Vento 1.6 petrol and it was good, not Fiesta grade but still good. Since the Fabia has the exact same body with a marginally lighter body, I guess it wont be very different
Old 27th December 2010, 17:28   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Booked the Polo 1.6 today. Delivery expected between 2 - 4 months. Thanks everyone for your valuable inputs...
Great, congratulations. I just bumped into this thread but wanted to let you know you've finalized on a very smart car, also awarded, The Car of the Year 2009. Love the Polo for its strikingly sleek and contemporary looks. And the 1.6 engine is like a hatchback enthusiasts' dream come true. Enjoy your new car and Drive safe.
Old 30th December 2010, 00:22   #43
BHPian

Quote:
I've booked the 1.6 on July 15th, Palace Cross, was told delivery in 4 months, i.e; Dec. No sign of car, extremely poor feedback from dealer, actually none at all.
New delivery schedule : sometime in March !
Been hearing that production has stopped to sort out 'issues'. Wonder what these are, surprised that VW car has 'issues' after being put on road, wondering if its a good choice.
Old 30th December 2010, 02:53   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

4 months extended to eight. Maybe production-stopping issues.

What looked like a brilliant car seems to be becoming the car not to buy.
Old 30th December 2010, 07:30   #45
BHPian

Indian Formula 1 driver Karun Chandhok trying to choose the best performer in the sub-10 lakh rupees bracket - in the January 2011 issue of Overdrive India he chooses the Fabia 1.6 over the Polo 1.6 after driving both at the MMST race track near Chennai. Any comments? I am also on the look out for a hot hatch.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks