Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2011, 14:36   #61
BHPian

Re: Polo 1.6 vs Fabia 1.6

IIRC Polo Cup 1.6 diesel makes 130hp. The diesel doing duty in Vento makes 105 or 106hp and must be a detuned version of the Polo Cup engine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
pardon me for that but i wish there was some way to get those Polo Cup 1.6 diesel 106hp polos on to our streets
Old 3rd January 2011, 15:06   #62
Senior - BHPian

i would have booked the new fabia 1.6. the kit that you get in the fabia is much more than what you get in the polo. The driving position in the fabia is wonderful, the polo feels too heavy. While the fabia feels lighter.

I preffer the matured looks of the fabia than the boyish looks of the polo.

cheers
ac
Old 3rd January 2011, 16:41   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by altius View Post
IIRC Polo Cup 1.6 diesel makes 130hp. The diesel doing duty in Vento makes 105 or 106hp and must be a detuned version of the Polo Cup engine.

wow ! 130bhp. Even better then ,dont you think?
Wishful thinking i know
Old 4th January 2011, 15:23   #64
BHPian

When I test drove both the vehicles, I felt Polo is lighter and more agile than Fabia and thats why I went for Polo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac 427 View Post
i would have booked the new fabia 1.6. the kit that you get in the fabia is much more than what you get in the polo. The driving position in the fabia is wonderful, the polo feels too heavy. While the fabia feels lighter.
cheers
ac
Old 4th January 2011, 15:42   #65
BHPian

Hi all, one question. When I enquired about booking the Fabia 1.6, the sales rep told me that only 2010 models are available for delivery. In fact apparently till end of March they deliver only '2010' models. The rep told me that this is standard for Skoda & the Germans

How can a car that leaves the factory in Jan 2011 be considered as a '2010' model? Can anyone shed any light on this?
Old 4th January 2011, 16:15   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

cheers
ac

+1
Also, the fabia's cabin felt more airy and spacious. And then it is better priced too.

Coming to handling I felt the polo to be a bit more sure footed than the fabia. Just my opinion though and am not sure about it because I haven't driven both the cars much.

A bit off topic here but I fail to understand why someone looking for a good motor and handling should go for any of these two and why not for the fiesta 1.6 instead?? Its available at a huge bargain now. Also A.S.S. is a suspect when it comes to Skoda.

Regards.

Last edited by YC.BALENO.CHD : 4th January 2011 at 16:21.
Old 4th January 2011, 16:34   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guha_2001 View Post
How can a car that leaves the factory in Jan 2011 be considered as a '2010' model? Can anyone shed any light on this?
The sales is referring to the manufacturing date/year. Every car company makes sales forecast and it might be the case with Skoda/VW that they have cars made in later part of the year that have not been sold.

The regular practice in Indian market is to check the registration date rather than manufacturing date. Hope this clears your doubt.
Old 4th January 2011, 16:41   #68
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Absolutely. Because the one in the Polo Cup car doesn't have to last 2,00,000 kms, meet local emission norms or please owners with its fuel efficiency. It's a highly tuned version of the Vento TDI.

Quote:
The driving position in the fabia is wonderful, the polo feels too heavy. While the fabia feels lighter.
You think? I found the Fabia feeling "heavier" than the Polo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
The regular practice in Indian market is to check the registration date rather than manufacturing date. Hope this clears your doubt.
Not true. All dealers and most astute buyers will always go by the manufacturing date. Say, I buy a 1.5 year old stockyard car at a discount, register it in 2011 and sell it after a year...do you think I'd lose only 1 year of depreciation?
Old 4th January 2011, 19:33   #69
Senior - BHPian

^astute was rightly used. I said regular buyers do not check this aspect too closely in second hand market.

This being true for all the cars being produced throughout the year, e.g. Maruti wont stop production in last quarter or people do not stop taking deliveries.
Old 4th January 2011, 20:00   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The Polo Cup engine is tuned for top-end performance for track use, i have heard this engine is dead at lower RPM unlike the Vento's engine which pulls well from low RPM. Also the Vento being a passenger car the engine might be tuned for longevity.
Old 5th January 2011, 18:56   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
^astute was rightly used. I said regular buyers do not check this aspect too closely in second hand market.

This being true for all the cars being produced throughout the year, e.g. Maruti wont stop production in last quarter or people do not stop taking deliveries.
That clears the doubts. Thanks a ton! According to the Skoda company rep, they will deliver only 2010 models till March

Quote:
A bit off topic here but I fail to understand why someone looking for a good motor and handling should go for any of these two and why not for the fiesta 1.6 instead?? Its available at a huge bargain now. Also A.S.S. is a suspect when it comes to Skoda.

Regards.
I was considering the Fiesta but it falls short on several parameters
- The platform feels very dated now, interiors are particularly unimpressive. Low on feel good factor
- New Fiesta is on its way soon, nobody wants a soon to be obsolete car
- Ford *** is nothing to boast about either, same rung as a VW/Skoda, at least for me
- Price wise there isn't much of a difference compared to a Fabia. 7.2 lpa (Bangalore on road) is what I was quoted for a basic Fiesta. And the new 1.6 Fabia is around the same price
Old 6th January 2011, 12:52   #72
BHPian

I prefer a hatch for manevourability and ease of parking and so Fiesta is out of contention. Also I am not a fan of it looks. I would have been interested if Ford had 1.6 engine in Figo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC.BALENO.CHD View Post
+1

Regards.
Old 22nd January 2011, 12:42   #73
BHPian

Ive been assured delivery of Polo 1.6 next week. Finally, after 6.5 month waiting. Dealer says VW had stopped production to sort out mileage issues which was supposedly down to 7-8 and now he says its been 'upped' to give 10 in city driving !
I would have liked the cooling compartment in the glove box as provided in the Fabia which is not available in the Polo. I personally dont care much for other electronic gizmos.
Old 22nd January 2011, 17:47   #74
BHPian

Thats good news! Its only going to be a month since I booked, so it's a long way to go for me. While tuning the engine for better mileage is very good news in the context of high fuel prices, I hope the performance is not compromised as that is the primary factor in choosing 1.6 over Polo 1.2 or other cars...

Quote:
Originally Posted by manubhai View Post
Ive been assured delivery of Polo 1.6 next week. Finally, after 6.5 month waiting. Dealer says VW had stopped production to sort out mileage issues which was supposedly down to 7-8 and now he says its been 'upped' to give 10 in city driving !
I would have liked the cooling compartment in the glove box as provided in the Fabia which is not available in the Polo. I personally dont care much for other electronic gizmos.
Old 10th February 2011, 16:31   #75
BHPian

It seems like the Polo 1.6 prices have gone up about 25K as per the latest pricelist with the dealer. Meanwhile the pathetic customer service continues. When I checked about the status of my booking, the sales guy told me that Polo 1.6 production is stopped and deliveries will resume only in April. I didn't buy it and called up the Sales Manager, who then told me it is Vento Trendline that is stopped. I asked him to clearly tell me the status of my booking as at different points of time, I was told 2-4 months,4 months plus and now production stopped! He then came back saying that my car is 5th in the list and it would take 2-3 months for delibery. It seems the dealership has delivered only 9 Polo 1.6 in the last 6 months.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks