Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2010, 13:40   #16
Senior - BHPian

Even if both products are on par in every aspect or even if Fabia was better, I would put my money on VW. I believe (maybe wrong though) VW is better than Skoda any day.
Old 21st October 2010, 13:55   #17
BHPian

Which pocket rocket did you mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
I need to find a track soon in NCR then I am getting the pocket rocket. I just hope that the engine is mod friendly.
By pocket rocket did you mean the original pocket rocket the Palio GTX/S10 or the present day lagards the Polo1.6 and Fabia 1.6. If in gear acceleration is your anthem then kiss both the present offerings good bye and wait and pray for the 1.4 turbo petrol in the Punto.
Long wait it will be for a Punto with the 1.4 turbo petrol engine but it will come no doubt and its sure going to be the only car that will have a chance at ousting the GTX/S10 from its pedestal. Heck the GTX/S10 ousts my present car the Chevy Cruze all things considered.
Old 21st October 2010, 14:54   #18
Senior - BHPian

^
The wait is still on for T-Jet.
I was referring to anything that goes moves faster than stink
Old 28th October 2010, 08:47   #19
BHPian

A few days back, i checked out the new Fabia which was put on display at my office building. One thing that surprised me is the space. All reviews had mentioned that Fabia is one of the spacious cars in the segment, but I didnt find the rear space that great. It seems similar to Polo. Also the car seems to be quite narrow and I dont think 3 persons cannot sit comfortably in the back. Not that I care too much about the back seats. :-) Infact, I had seen many new cars like Ritz, Figo, Polo and Fabia and none seem to have the spaciousness of my Getz!
Old 28th October 2010, 12:03   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran View Post
By pocket rocket did you mean the original pocket rocket the Palio GTX/S10 or the present day lagards the Polo1.6 and Fabia 1.6. If in gear acceleration is your anthem then kiss both the present offerings good bye and wait and pray for the 1.4 turbo petrol in the Punto.
Long wait it will be for a Punto with the 1.4 turbo petrol engine but it will come no doubt and its sure going to be the only car that will have a chance at ousting the GTX/S10 from its pedestal. Heck the GTX/S10 ousts my present car the Chevy Cruze all things considered.
Nothing beats the Getz CRDi ; not heavy on pocket too

Will Fiat give us the Tjet on the Punto?
Old 28th October 2010, 12:18   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by altius View Post
Infact, I had seen many new cars like Ritz, Figo, Polo and Fabia and none seem to have the spaciousness of my Getz!
Had a Getz & Indica ,then a Punto followed by an i20 and have been in the Swift,Ritz,Figo.
Except for the Indica, the Getz is MILES ahead of the others in terms of rear space

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Nothing beats the Getz CRDi ; not heavy on pocket too

Will Fiat give us the Tjet on the Punto?
Unlikely unfortunately
Old 28th October 2010, 12:39   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
Had a Getz & Indica ,then a Punto followed by an i20 and have been in the Swift,Ritz,Figo.
Except for the Indica, the Getz is MILES ahead of the others in terms of rear space
Not to nitpick, but Getz beats the Indica in boot space also.

Coming back to the original question, I think Fabia 1.6 will be a more practical car and Polo 1.6 will be a fun to drive option.
Old 28th October 2010, 15:05   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A350XWB View Post
Not to nitpick, but Getz beats the Indica in boot space also.

Coming back to the original question, I think Fabia 1.6 will be a more practical car and Polo 1.6 will be a fun to drive option.

IMO the Indica has a more spacious rear seat and less boot space and with the Getz its exactly vice-versa.

Last edited by PlatzdaTurbo : 28th October 2010 at 15:06.
Old 8th November 2010, 17:08   #24
BHPian

When I was comparing the specifications of Polo 1.6 and Fabia 1.6 in their official webseites, I found that turning radius is mentioned as 4.9m for Polo and 9.8m for Fabia. I wonder how can Fabia's turning radius be twice that of Polo! :-)
Old 8th November 2010, 17:39   #25
BHPian

Quote:
When I was comparing the specifications of Polo 1.6 and Fabia 1.6 in their official webseites, I found that turning radius is mentioned as 4.9m for Polo and 9.8m for Fabia. I wonder how can Fabia's turning radius be twice that of Polo! :-)

Check again...it's turning diameter in Fabia.
Old 8th November 2010, 17:39   #26
BHPian

4.9m is the turning radius for polo whereas 9.8 should be the turning DIAMETER for fabia, so both of them have the same turning radius of 4.9
Old 8th November 2010, 19:33   #27
BHPian

if I was in such a position, i would blindly pick up the polo. the new fabia has also lost some of its premium features that the previous version had (sunroof, auto climate control, leather interiors etc.). the pathetic condition of skoda's after sales support is also a huge worry.
from what i can gather from the reviews on both these cars on team-bhp the engine in the polo makes its presence felt unlike the engine in the fabia which is on the sluggish side.

also internationally the VWs are ranked higher than Skodas.
Old 4th December 2010, 21:18   #28
BHPian

Went to VW Chennai to see if I can do a TD of Polo 1.6. The dealer does not have a TD Polo 1.6 and they expect customers to book the car without a TD. As per them the waiting period is 4 months. Customer service at the dealership is expectedly poor as it appears that they dont have to chase customers to meet their monthly targets!
Old 5th December 2010, 11:25   #29
BHPian

Quote:
A few days back, i checked out the new Fabia which was put on display at my office building. One thing that surprised me is the space. All reviews had mentioned that Fabia is one of the spacious cars in the segment, but I didnt find the rear space that great. It seems similar to Polo. Also the car seems to be quite narrow and I dont think 3 persons cannot sit comfortably in the back. Not that I care too much about the back seats. :-) Infact, I had seen many new cars like Ritz, Figo, Polo and Fabia and none seem to have the spaciousness of my Getz!
Quite true. The Polo and Fabia have the same space at the rear barring a few cms here and there. Being lower i feel the fabia seem spacious though there is hardly any difference. The Polo is definitely the better looker and handler, though i love the "laura"ish steering of the fabia!
Old 7th December 2010, 21:27   #30
BHPian

I took a test drive of Fabia 1.6 today. I was surprised that the car was sluggish. I was expecting better response from the 1.6 engine. Not sure if it was because the engine is new or may be the engine was tuned for mileage. Otherwise the car looked good. I am keen to do a TD of Polo 1.6 to check if its more responsive, but the VW dealer in Chennai does not have a Polo 1.6 car for TD.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks