Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2010, 07:35   #46
BHPian

Re: Polo 1.6 vs Fabia 1.6

Altius congrats on the booking, just saw this thread, and even though you have booked the car, and I would not buy either one of them, but if I had to choose one from the above 2 cars, I would go with the Fabia, as it has one thing really going for it, and that is space.
Old 30th December 2010, 10:02   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murugan View Post
Indian Formula 1 driver Karun Chandhok trying to choose the best performer in the sub-10 lakh rupees bracket - in the January 2011 issue of Overdrive India he chooses the Fabia 1.6 over the Polo 1.6 after driving both at the MMST race track near Chennai. Any comments? I am also on the look out for a hot hatch.
Dec edition of ACI has shootout between these two 1.6 L hatches. Polo seems to be slightly quicker as Fabia is heavier by few kilos. According to ACI, Polo is more fun to drive while Fabia is more practical (due to more space etc)
Old 30th December 2010, 11:01   #48
BHPian

I fully agree with you on the poor customer service from the dealer end. It is like they are doing us a favour by accepting the booking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manubhai View Post
I've booked the 1.6 on July 15th, Palace Cross, was told delivery in 4 months, i.e; Dec. No sign of car, extremely poor feedback from dealer, actually none at all.
New delivery schedule : sometime in March !
Been hearing that production has stopped to sort out 'issues'. Wonder what these are, surprised that VW car has 'issues' after being put on road, wondering if its a good choice.
Old 30th December 2010, 11:25   #49
BHPian

Murugan, for hot haches, the choices are pretty much Polo or Fabia with the same 1.6 engine and sharing the same platform. I did testdrive Fabia 1.6 and Polo 1.2 (due to unavailability of 1.6 TD car) and liked the Polo drive more than Fabia. I suggest you drive both and decide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murugan View Post
Indian Formula 1 driver Karun Chandhok trying to choose the best performer in the sub-10 lakh rupees bracket - in the January 2011 issue of Overdrive India he chooses the Fabia 1.6 over the Polo 1.6 after driving both at the MMST race track near Chennai. Any comments? I am also on the look out for a hot hatch.
Old 31st December 2010, 16:21   #50
BHPian

I would recommend you polo .It looks the best among these two.The fabia is like a old man's car (According to me) but it is understated and elegant.
If space also matters
Fabia will be my choice. The polo is a bit cramped .
All the best ,
Regards
Sreehari
Old 1st January 2011, 11:55   #51
BHPian

i like the polo as it looks much better than the fabia. The fabia reminds me of the swift :-)
also i'd rather go with parent company VW vs tarnished image Skoda!!
Old 1st January 2011, 14:57   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

I don't think much of the current image of VW --- with its ridiculous delivery delays on dates that they wouldn't commit to in the first place.

As things stand at the moment, Skoda looks to be ahead on professionalism --- but, I guess the race is not over yet, and may continue for many years to come!
Old 1st January 2011, 15:13   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I don't think much of the current image of VW --- with its ridiculous delivery delays on dates that they wouldn't commit to in the first place.

As things stand at the moment, Skoda looks to be ahead on professionalism --- but, I guess the race is not over yet, and may continue for many years to come!
I also felt that Skoda dealer seemed to be more responsive than VW. The Skoda sales guys brought the TD car to my work place and kept following up as I told him that I am going to do a Polo TD before I decide. It also looked to me that Skoda and VW have a no-poaching pact as the Skoda sales rep did not try to convince me against Polo!
Old 1st January 2011, 15:58   #54
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Despite questionable A.S.S,
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaks View Post
The A.S.S of skoda is also not very good as per ownership feedbacks.
Can't believe that people still have an issue with the Skoda A.S.S. The particular dealer in Mumbai was the main culprit. In Goa we have 2 Skoda dealers as opposed to a single VW dealer (who also owns the Honda & Ford Dealerships). Not heard of any issues with the Skoda dealers as opposed to a lot about the Ford and Honda ones. So far nothing adverse about VW. I bought the car because of the car and not the dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Will Fiat give us the Tjet on the Punto?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
Unlikely unfortunately
Kindly explain why you say so.

Quote:
Doesn't the Dzire have a similar waiting period? If people can wait for it without calling it ridiculous, what is the problem with waiting for the Polo?
Skoda may be more professional than VW but being from the same group, expect VW to catch up quickly.
Old 1st January 2011, 16:10   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live To Jive View Post
Kindly explain why you say so
Fiat already offers a choice of 1.2 & 1.4 FIRE engines on the Punto. Though both of them are far from being anywhere quick, the choice of engines does exist anyway. I would assume atleast 70% of the buyers to stick to the diesel MJD with it having the 75 & 90hp options now. If i am not mistaken fiat are not registering great sales figures with the punto (NOT SURE about this) and i dont see how an even powerful petrol can help them. Even if they do launch the t-jet it will not be a volume generator.
i think the punto t-jet might come at an even later stage

Just my 2 cents

Last edited by PlatzdaTurbo : 1st January 2011 at 16:13.
Old 1st January 2011, 18:51   #56
BHPian

Which ever of the two cars you buy just make sure you never drive a well maintained Palio GTX or S10. If you do you will be breaking your head as to why you paid so much for wifey shopping cars. Both of the Volkswagen group cars are fast but pales in comparison to the original hot hatch. If handling and brakes do not mean much to you; you should also not step into the GETZ CRDI which is another hot blooded hatch.

I know its preposterous to ask you to wait indefinitely for the Punto TJet but alas!! there is no other hot hatch presently worth waiting for. In fact its possible that the Cruze hatch will see our roads before the Punto Tjet.

Paris Preview: GM unveils Chevrolet Cruze hatchback for Europe — Autoblog
Old 2nd January 2011, 01:16   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live To Jive View Post
Doesn't the Dzire have a similar waiting period?
Four months? With people being told then that they have to wait for another four months?

I don't know --- but I don't think so.

I think also that Maruti will give a delivery date. VW refuse to, even after that first four months.

When we buy cars, there is a balance of need and want. Whatever it is that we want, it is utterly impractical to buy a car that might not be delivered for eight months.

Atthe very least, it is ridiculous to be expected to make such an investment without a fixed delivery date.
Old 2nd January 2011, 11:07   #58
Senior - BHPian

^It is ridonculous for car companies to come up with models for mass market and keep them waiting for 4+ months. Swift took this to a level and now every manufacturer thinks it's cool to pose the same.

VW will suffer, they do not have a gem and since options are available in similar cars also swift coming in afresh they are bound to suffer.

Now BMW x1 has been done away with for next 5 months, SE tells me. Man they don't want my money they don't want me to feel the JOY.

Punto Tjet should be a very niche product, I don't see it coming as Linea isn't doing too well with sales. It the enthusiast who are driving sales, if they turn to Punto which makes more sense who will buy Linea?
Old 2nd January 2011, 23:08   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Four months? With people being told then that they have to wait for another four months?

I don't know --- but I don't think so.

I think also that Maruti will give a delivery date. VW refuse to, even after that first four months.

When we buy cars, there is a balance of need and want. Whatever it is that we want, it is utterly impractical to buy a car that might not be delivered for eight months.

Atthe very least, it is ridiculous to be expected to make such an investment without a fixed delivery date.

Totally agree. If I were told that it would take 8 months for the 1.6 delivery, slim chance that i woul've booked it. I was told 4 months and now thats been stretched to 8 months without any assurance. Furthermore, no communication AT ALL either from dealer or company makes the experience pretty sour for me. Sure seems like they are doing a favour. Dealer says they've stopped production of 1.6 since there were mileage problems with the 1.6 : I'm pretty disgusted already & dont believe anything what they say, going by the poor attitude of the Palace Cross dealer.
Old 3rd January 2011, 13:12   #60
Senior - BHPian

pardon me for that but i wish there was some way to get those Polo Cup 1.6 diesel 106hp polos on to our streets
Would love it. The engine seems to be doing beautifully on the vento and minus the boot with 106hp & 250NM it would be a SERIOUSLY hot hatch.
Wishing for a DSG or even a nonDSG diesel auto is expecting too much but a manual diesel tuned to 106hp would make me (and most enthusiasts) more than glad

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks