Team-BHP > What Car?

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2010, 20:56   #1
BHPian

Polo 1.6 vs Fabia 1.6

Now that Fabia 1.6 is also launched with the same 1.6 engine as Polo, which of the two would be a better option? On a quick glance, Polo is a newer platform, while Fabia seems to be more spacious and with more feature content! Can GTO or someone else compare the two cars and publish it.
Old 19th October 2010, 21:12   #2
BHPian

I dont know which car would be better (probably the polo is) but one thing is for sure, ssomeone who wants something like the polo but doesn't want to wait for 3-4months, he can most certainly go for the fabia as it will never have a waiting as long as the polo's.
Old 19th October 2010, 21:23   #3
Senior - BHPian

I am not sure but the gearing should be different also the weight will be deciding factor if you can make either a pocket rocket.

I would put my money on Polo to be a better car.

VW keeps its cars at higher than Skoda.
Old 19th October 2010, 21:28   #4
Senior - BHPian

^^ Ditto. I would imagine the Polo to be the better car overall. While the Fabia would have more features comparatively, the polo would have the better driving dynamics over all
Old 20th October 2010, 11:26   #5
Senior - BHPian

Despite questionable A.S.S, the Fabia has more space at the rear. However it has been stripped of many features in the older Fabias like Electrically adjustable ORVMs, seat height adjustment etc.

A friend of mine decided to go for a Fabia only becuase he wanted more space.
Old 20th October 2010, 11:55   #6
Senior - BHPian

Fabia feels more airy (with much more head room). Even the seating could be 'high-up' compared to Polo. Personally I liked the beige-black interiors of Fabia compared to Polo which has beige in bits (ex: take a look at the door trim)
Old 20th October 2010, 12:32   #7
BANNED

If it were me I would opt for the Polo which is a newer design and comes with better build. The A.S.S of skoda is also not very good as per ownership feedbacks.
Old 20th October 2010, 14:57   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaks View Post
If it were me I would opt for the Polo which is a newer design and comes with better build. The A.S.S of skoda is also not very good as per ownership feedbacks.

Both comes from same shop/plant I doubt if the built quality will vary coz of this.
Old 20th October 2010, 14:58   #9
BHPian

In addition of more space, I think Fabia comes with more features like Brake Assist, rear AC vents and small but useful dead pedal etc. Polo comes with the newer design and brand value. One thing I would be interested to know if whether Fabia comes with Electronic or Hydraulic power steering and that could be a key differentiator. I am planning to replace my Getz in a few months time and Polo 1.6 has been the only car in consideration subject to a test drive. Now I will add Fabia to the list as well.
Old 20th October 2010, 15:11   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaks View Post
If it were me I would opt for the Polo which is a newer design and comes with better build.
Fabia is around 100kgs heavier than polo..which might be the result of better/thicker steel.
Old 20th October 2010, 15:15   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daewood View Post
Fabia is around 100kgs heavier than polo..which might be the result of better/thicker steel.
Probably because the older platform the Fabia is built on is heavier.
Old 21st October 2010, 11:28   #12
Senior - BHPian

As per Sidindica's review on Fabia, its not going anywhere with the 1.6 engine.

Whats happening with Polo 1.6, I need to start reading more ownership threads.
Old 21st October 2010, 13:08   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
As per Sidindica's review on Fabia, its not going anywhere with the 1.6 engine.

Whats happening with Polo 1.6, I need to start reading more ownership threads.

Not just the fabia. Its the same engine so even with the polo, it supposedly only gets into its groove after the 2k rpm mark. With the same engine, the minute differences in real-world performance of the 2 would be varied by weight. Since the fabia is heavier as someone stated, the polo might be a tad quicker.
The fabia comes with more tech and gadgets and the polo would have better handling/cornering capabilities IMO. Who has the better ride quality is a tough one.
Taking it all into consideration i would imagine the polo to be a better pacakge overall.
Old 21st October 2010, 13:20   #14
Senior - BHPian

Can some one post exshowroom price of polo 1.6 and fabia 1.6?
Old 21st October 2010, 13:39   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
Not just the fabia. Its the same engine so even with the polo, it supposedly only gets into its groove after the 2k rpm mark. With the same engine, the minute differences in real-world performance of the 2 would be varied by weight. Since the fabia is heavier as someone stated, the polo might be a tad quicker.
The fabia comes with more tech and gadgets and the polo would have better handling/cornering capabilities IMO. Who has the better ride quality is a tough one.
Taking it all into consideration i would imagine the polo to be a better pacakge overall.
I need to find a track soon in NCR then I am getting the pocket rocket. I just hope that the engine is mod friendly.

Most Viewed