Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2011, 19:56   #46
BHPian

Re: ANHC vs OPTRA vs SCORPIO vs SAFARI vs VENTO

ANHC is an excellent car. Honda also has good A.S.S compared to VW.
Its good that Honda is providing safety features like ABS, airbags even in the base variants of their cars

Don't go for the Optra because it feels too outdated now. It is also a good car but is quite old. Dunno about aftersales and cost of spares though, so can't comment on that.

Buy the Vento only if you are going to buy the top-of-the-line Highline variant because the Trendline isn't featured-loaded at all. You won't get airbags, ABS, Stereo, Alloys and many things. Also VW A.S.S is not up to the mark. Spares may be expensive.
Also AFAIK VW doesn't offer any extended warranty packages.

Safari is getting refreshed/replaced soon so better to wait for that.
Old 23rd April 2011, 22:09   #47
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by althaaf View Post
No, its not about performance, its about reliability and maintenance. In kerala ANHC VMT cost around 10.20 lak and vento highline diesel at 10.39 lak. We dont want to increase our budget than this and there is no other option at this budget. These are the 2 best models by respective manufacturer. Base models of both cars are simply useless, hence the comparison ended between a petrol and diesel car!!
Vento Petrol comes in Highline trim too and has same features as Diesel Highline and quite a bit less costly. Diesel variant is expensive as diesel engine is expensive.

Anyways, if the choice is already ANHC, it is a great choice.
dot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2011, 22:57   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
How urgently do you need the car? Is the Vento readily available or is there a long waiting period a la other VW cars?

You should take into account this too.
Vento petrol is readily available, but diesel has waiting period of 1-2 months. Unfortunately i cant wait for more than 10 days! Thats one more reason why my shopping is going in favor of ANHC. But am ready to wait for diesel Vento if its that worth.
Old 24th April 2011, 09:00   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Vento petrol is readily available, but diesel has waiting period of 1-2 months. Unfortunately i cant wait for more than 10 days! Thats one more reason why my shopping is going in favor of ANHC. But am ready to wait for diesel Vento if its that worth.
Yes, but a 45 day extra wait against 4-5 years of ownership... The Vento Diesel is so much better.
By the way, any clues on why ANHC is available quickly? Coz' i ain't selling much nowadays. People are getting tired of it's Over-valued Proposition.
Old 24th April 2011, 12:12   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
Yes, but a 45 day extra wait against 4-5 years of ownership... The Vento Diesel is so much better.
By the way, any clues on why ANHC is available quickly? Coz' i ain't selling much nowadays. People are getting tired of it's Over-valued Proposition.
Ok, in what context do you tell vento diesel is better? because its diesel? or any other reason?
Old 24th April 2011, 12:19   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Ok, in what context do you tell vento diesel is better? because its diesel? or any other reason?
Diesel is the more economical for long term ownership, diesel has better performance, better driveability, Petrol versions of sedans with a very attractive diesel options might fetch lesser resale values as seen with the previous Verna as there is not much demand for the petrol siblings relative to the diesels.
Old 24th April 2011, 12:34   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
By the way, any clues on why ANHC is available quickly? Coz' i ain't selling much nowadays.
Honda city never had waiting period, be it this gen or the previous gen, it was easily available. And it is not that it’s not selling well. It’s that Honda’s manufacturing capacity is more than what others have.

Quote:
People are getting tired of it's Over-valued Proposition.
Very disappointing to see such statements on team-bhp based on only one month low sales of a car.

Last edited by bluevolt : 24th April 2011 at 12:36.
Old 24th April 2011, 12:36   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 333 View Post
Diesel is the more economical for long term ownership, diesel has better performance, better driveability, Petrol versions of sedans with a very attractive diesel options might fetch lesser resale values as seen with the previous Verna as there is not much demand for the petrol siblings relative to the diesels.
So do you suggest vento diesel as against ANHC? I think am getting more confused now regarding these two!
Old 29th April 2011, 19:51   #54
BHPian

I read a review about the new verna about to launch on may 11th http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ve-review.html . Found this very impressive and hence decided to wait few more days. I just hope the waiting will be worth. What do you guys think?

Sorry for back to back post. i can not find the delete button or edit button on my last post!
PS: Mods please merge this with my last post, Due to my low network speed, am unable to load the full page and hence can't see most of the buttons, so couldn't edit from my end

Thank you
Old 30th August 2011, 00:23   #55
BHPian

OPTRA vs SAFARI vs VENTO vs ANHV

Dear Bhpians,
I have a peculiar problem. With so many choices of cars available today, I am finding it difficult to zero in on a car which would carry me for the next 10 years. Help me decide.
Things which I am sure of: Diesel, No Maruti Vehicle. No Hatch.
Top priorities: Looks and Safety.
MY SHORTLIST
After putting in some thought I have shortlisted the following cars:
1. Tata Safari-
My heart wants me to buy this car badly; that too a black one. Great looker. Great view from the cabin. Safer than a sedan(?)
The stumbling blocks: far too many.
(a) This car simply does not suit my job profile; I cannot take this car to work. My work does not require me to drive much. So it will be only used in the weekends.
(b) Niggling issues of Tata Cars.
(c) Parking / maneuvering in city traffic.

2. ANHV
This is the next car on my list. Reasons for buying: Great looker from the back. Front is ok. Suits my job profile. Gizmos. Proven car. Hyundai after sales is better than many others (?)

The stumbling blocks:
(a) Will it be as safe as a Tata Safari or say an Innova.
(b) After sales costs.

3. OPTRA
Third car on my list. Reasons for buying: Great looker from the front. Back is ok. Suits my job profile. Some rave reviews on this forum. Reduced price.

The stumbling blocks:
(a) Dated and not the latest
(b) Will it be as safe as a Tata Safari or say an Innova.
(c) After sales costs of a Chevy.
(d) Should I wait for some more years and go for the Cruze? (To bring it within my budget)

4. VENTO
Last on my list. Reasons for buying: Suits my job profile. Great ride quality
Stumbling blocks:
(a) Will it be as safe as a Tata Safari or say an Innova.
(b) After sales costs and lesser known terrain of Volkswagen cars.
(c) Plain looks

I need all your help badly.
Old 30th August 2011, 07:18   #56
Senior - BHPian

Hmm, you dilemma will only increase in a month's time.

Tata is set to launch the Safari replacement the Merlin, which will replace the Safari VX and GX trims. Do wait around for this too. Also what has been seen is that Tata have done a damn good job with quality on the Aria, and I believe the new Merlin too will not have too many niggling issues as previous Tatas.
julupani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2011, 20:01   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by julupani View Post
Tata is set to launch the Safari replacement the Merlin, which will replace the Safari VX and GX trims.
Well as far as the pics out as of now it is not much of a looker.
And it would be really nice if you could help me decide and fix this dilemma.
Old 30th August 2011, 20:34   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raichoudhury View Post
Well as far as the pics out as of now it is not much of a looker.
And it would be really nice if you could help me decide and fix this dilemma.
Well, if you like the looks of the present Safari, I dont see why you wont like the looks of the Merlin. Tata's cars from the last year or so seem to have been continuously decreasing with their niggling issues.

Apart from that there is also the new Mahindra, but I think it will be on the costlier side.
Old 31st August 2011, 03:29   #59
BANNED

The Vento, Verna and the Optra going by their international design and safety standards are far safer than the Safari/Scorpio. The Innova too is better than our desi SUVs when it comes to passenger and pedestrian safety measures.

Coming to your list, it seems pretty clear that a sedan suits your requirements best, so I would recommend you choose between the Vento and the Optra and pick any one of these in their diesel avatars.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2011, 07:30   #60
Senior - BHPian

May be international design, but remember both the Safari and Scorpio do meet European crash safety norms too.

So one cant definitevely say which is better performer during crashes.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks