Team-BHP - Cedia Upgrade...What car?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   What Car? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/)
-   -   Cedia Upgrade...What car? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/92903-cedia-upgrade-what-car-3.html)

The Cedia is a drivers car. After 11k and an year later, the bluish green Cedia in my parking lot gives me an immense pleasure about driving cars. No Skodas for me with all their software upgrades!

Quote:

Originally Posted by reignofchaos (Post 2159578)
Heh Civic is an upgrade from a Cedia? Really? The little I've driven it, its a step back in refinement, handling, usable power and high speed manners.

Couldn't have agreed more - I really went nuts trying to find a replacement for my new Cedia sports for 6 months, and pls Civic CAN NEVER be a replacement to Cedia. My bro has a Civic, and every time i drive it, and then take out my Cedia, I find Cedia to be superior to Civic in all aspects, except the interior refinement.

Cedia is lengthier, easier to maneuver, more torquey, and one hell of a car - indeed, the Laura and Cruze can be good options, or the Accord V6.

I thought about 320d, c220 and A4, then I saw s60, and wasn't happy with the power levels of any of those, so ended up buying s80 3.2 petrol.

But, couldn't part ways with my old love, and besides that's my only red car, so I decided not to sell it:Cheering:

And, after seeing the 5.7kmpl city mileage of s80, I'm glad that i didn't sell my Cedia, and I'm now using both the cars on alternate days.

So, I'd say only, following options are TRUE upgrades to Cedia -

1. Chevy Cruze
2. Skoda Laura L & K
3. BMW 320d
4. Volvo s80 3.2 or anything higher like Jag XF, BMW 530d etc clap:
5. Some powerful SUV like Mahindra Rexton, if you're bored of sedans

Don't even consider Altis, Civic, or Linea T-Jet pls!!!

How about a Suzuki Kizashi. Not good enough to be on that list? Having traveled in one, I personally feel it is a fantastic car. I can easily say that the interiors feel more upmarket than a Cruze.

Having driven the Cedia now that I'm looking out for a used one, I know what a brilliant thing it is. I don't think it is about the power at all but the chassis. So things like the Cruze etc really don't compare (no offense meant to anyone here infact I really like the cruze but let's be honest it doesn't take bends very well though I am sure that is partly down to those stupid JK tyres :Frustrati)
Here's my list of comparable cars. ( I know a few people might beg to differ )-

Fiat Linea T-jet: It sure is heavy but remember that it is turbocharged so a remap would pose huge gains in peak performance and driveability, lowering it back to the height it was when launched will also bring back the brilliant ride and handling combo.

Skoda Laura vRS: Skoda woes apart, we ALL know this car is good. I don't believe it needs any justification to be on this list.

Honda Civic: Yes it is pretty darn good. Sort out the dampers, give it a remap for better low-end torque and you are set. Only thing that bothers me is the high speed characteristics. Will someone please shed some light on what can be done on that? Oh and remember, it still looks bloody good too.

Suzuki Kizashi: Being an owner of one I might seem a little biased, BUT you really have to drive it to believe it. Suzuki did spend a whopping amount to develop the car and it shows; the seats that offer just the right amount of support, KYB shocks, the tyres, the God-complex inducing brakes and that no nonsense naturally aspirated 2400cc unit which sounds amazing past 4000revs. The car has a dual nature it can be quiet and comfortable when you want it and it can make noise and go like stink when needed. Tuning the engine to 200horses is easily possible and lowering the ride height and tightening it to the US-spec version helps. Only gripe is the gearbox's longish throw, again, that can easily be dealt with too.

Ford Fiesta: None of my friends own the new version so I only have my test-drive impressions; I was deeply disappointed when they only brought the 1.5l petrol unit to the car and I don't know what the mod scene is like but I'm guessing one can pull some performance out of it. More experienced members would know better. The ride and handling doesn't need any tweaking.

It goes without saying that I mean stick versions only. No matter how fancy the auto-box, it simply doesn't beat a manual. ;)

If you are on a budget and want a true upgrade from cedia then it got to be either new linea tjet or the new fiesta

And civic is out of production and neither would it have been a wholesome upgrade

Quote:

Originally Posted by vishaltanksale (Post 2157316)
By the way, I already have buyer for my cedia and it could be gone in weeks time.

If you can tell us, how much have you been offered for your Cedia and how many Kms done ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by namit (Post 3113493)
If you are on a budget and want a true upgrade from cedia then it got to be either new linea tjet or the new fiesta

And civic is out of production and neither would it have been a wholesome upgrade

Ah I keep forgetting that it is out of production :P anyway I did mention "comparable cars" and not only upgrades :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by esteem_lover (Post 3113499)

If you can tell us, how much have you been offered for your Cedia and how many Kms done ?

I sold mine for 2.15L with 59k+ in 5 years and I was 2nd owner. I had to transfer car from company to my name before selling.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vishaltanksale (Post 3113611)
I sold mine for 2.15L with 59k+ in 5 years and I was 2nd owner. I had to transfer car from company to my name before selling.

That's very bad I would say! You sold it for such a low price ?
In Bangalore Someone I know personally got a 2007 yellow cedia which has clocked close to 65K - He bought it for 3.9L asking price was 4.5L.
I got my hands on a 2011 car for 5L + !

Quote:

Originally Posted by IshaanIan (Post 3113539)

Ah I keep forgetting that it is out of production :P anyway I did mention "comparable cars" and not only upgrades :)

Just read an update that linea tjet is coming in june, probably fiat is waiting as some more dealers are scheduled to be operational by then
It said the engine tune remains the same but new interiors expected

What will be natural upgrade from cedia? I am planning for change in next 12 months. Looking for high performance sedan only which will be driven by my better half most of the time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by avimal (Post 4542345)
What will be natural upgrade from cedia? I am planning for change in next 12 months. Looking for high performance sedan only which will be driven by my better half most of the time.

My vote would be the Skoda VRS (I have one), they will be starting for the Bookings for 245BHP variant shortly as per rumors. In-case they do not launch it, you can then go in for the Skoda 1.8Tsi. Currently no other Sedan is as exciting to drive currently unless if you want to go in for the Beemer's.

All the best, do update us on your decision.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtremeshock (Post 4542579)
My vote would be the Skoda VRS (I have one), they will be starting for the Bookings for 245BHP variant shortly as per rumors. In-case they do not launch it, you can then go in for the Skoda 1.8Tsi. Currently no other Sedan is as exciting to drive currently unless if you want to go in for the Beemer's.

All the best, do update us on your decision.

how is the service cost and availability of parts of skoda? this is something which is biting me in maintaining cedia.

Quote:

Originally Posted by avimal (Post 4542694)
how is the service cost and availability of parts of skoda? this is something which is biting me in maintaining cedia.

The Regular service is very reasonable, they currently have a 4 year Warranty + 4 year service package, where the general service is taken care of, for an additional 40,000/-

The spare parts is a slightly costly affair. I had a Laura before owning a VRS, after 5 years of ownership the following parts had to be replaced. The A/C Compressor, Water Pump, Timing Belt, Clutch Assembly. All these may also be applicable to all other cars in the market, but in the case Skoda, it can be costly.

Availability of the spares should definitely not be an issue. In-case you are going in for the VRS, then maybe some parts may take some time to come as the service centre generally wont stock these parts owing to less no of cars in the market. If you go for a 1.8Tsi, then there should be no issues what-so-ever.

The other known issues of the Skoda are:
The battery generally conks immediately after the first year of ownership, don't know why they give a poor battery.
In the case of 1.8Tsi, the DSG Gearbox may conk, eventhough there are no such news in the recent past, they may have tweaked it for the Indian Market. In the case of VRS, it comes with a wet clutch and is more robust compared to the 1.8tsi.

Having said that, the driving pleasure and the exhaustive feature-list and also the most practical boot in all segments more than make up for it.

Hope to be of some help.

IMO there is no upgrade to the Cedia as its rough road ability is unparalleled by any other sedans. Might be good to look for a used 1.6 SCross if you are open to a diesel. If not simply find a good independent garage with the contacts to import parts for you and keep the Cedia for as long as possible. Octy VRS is a good car too but cannot comment on reliability.