Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2010, 14:30   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARSC View Post
I am in the same situation like yours.

I really like the civic
but little scared if i buy the car today what happens if the new model comes out and the low suspension is crappy.

Check out the latest pricing i got it from my LAURA Delhi dealer today:-

MODEL SKODA LAURA MT TSI
VARIANT 1.8 AMBIENTE
COLOUR Not Decided Yet
Ex-Showroom Price 1,342,129.00
Add: Skoda Shield* 60,100.00
Add: Registration (Hr) 21,332.00
Add: Temp. No Charges 1,000.00
On Road Price 1,424,561.00
Less Discount 93,129.00
Less : Inaugural discount on Skoda Shield 18,310.00
After Discount 1,313,122.00 (OTR)

Skoda has come with SKODA sheild 2+2 extended warranty + 1 year insurance all for

THIS IS WITH THE HARYANA REGISTRATION.

TELL ME GUYS NOW ITS VERY TEMPTING

reply.
Same boat ! Similar pricing, which is what causes the confusion. Somehow I expected the Civic to be more powerful than what I felt on the long TD I took. And from the little I have sat in the Laura TSi, the car's pickup and overall fell is exhilirating.
Old 26th August 2010, 14:46   #62
Senior - BHPian

What about the cost of spares angle?
Is that resolved or the Laura spares still more expensive than Civic.

Plus what about frequency of parts breakdown?

The new TSI engine - does it come with metal water pump impellers or still plastic?
Plus a host of other issues listed out in Ajeet Matthew's thread on vRS woes.

I believe most of the issued would've been solved, but still it doesn't hurt to check.
Now where is that thread?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...les-heels.html
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...-vrs-woes.html

Last edited by alpha1 : 26th August 2010 at 14:48.
Old 26th August 2010, 15:22   #63
BHPian

Don't know about the water pump but spare prices of Laura is slightly more expensive compared to Civic though the difference is not huge. Autocarindia had done a spare parts price comparison recently where Skoda prices have reduced compared to previous year.
O.T.: Lucky Delhi folks, prices in Bangalore is at 15.4lakhs approx on road here in Bangalore for the Laura and Civic S after all discounts. Is it the same country even?
Old 26th August 2010, 16:05   #64
Team-BHP Support

Let me add the 1.8T engine and the 1.8TSI are two different engines. Latter seems to be more reliable so far. Also the Laura and Octavia are different in many ways. Second gen Laura has a lot of earlier bugs ironed out
Old 26th August 2010, 16:17   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v.anand View Post
Don't know about the water pump but spare prices of Laura is slightly more expensive compared to Civic though the difference is not huge. Autocarindia had done a spare parts price comparison recently where Skoda prices have reduced compared to previous year.
Do you have an online version of this spare parts comparison ?
Old 26th August 2010, 19:29   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabynag View Post
I can scan and email it across to you next week when I get to office. I dont have a scanner at home else could have done it today. As a key message, the % cost of spares metric for Laura 1.8 TSi was 12.xx% against 11.yy% for Civic.
Old 26th August 2010, 19:37   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabynag View Post
Here you go. It includes the spare prices of all cars across segments sold in India. It was mailed to me by the enthusiastic Skoda sales personnel. AC evaporator coil is the most expensive in Skoda but Jetta has the highest prices. Also surprising is Cedia is an expensive one to maintain too and the wear and tear items of Laura is generally well priced in its segment.

Finally, took the plunge and booked Laura petrol in Arctic Breeze colour. Somebody, please tell me is the update from 15inch to 16inch wheels worth Rs.42,000 as quoted by the dealer? Otherwise, what is the differential I may reasonably bargain?
Attached Files
File Type: rar Spare Parts Survey 2010.rar (2.06 MB, 288 views)

Last edited by v.anand : 26th August 2010 at 19:46.
Old 26th August 2010, 20:30   #68
BHPian

Quote:

Finally, took the plunge and booked Laura petrol in Arctic Breeze colour. Somebody, please tell me is the update from 15inch to 16inch wheels worth Rs.42,000 as quoted by the dealer? Otherwise, what is the differential I may reasonably bargain?
Congrats brother on booking the car - hopefully I should share similar news soon
Old 26th August 2010, 20:52   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Get after market alloys. They will offer you a wider choice of design too. Best to do it the day you get the car so you get a good buy back price for existing rims and tyres
Old 26th August 2010, 21:14   #70
BHPian

Thank you Abhishek, your thread has been of great help in deciding the same. Ultimately, the superiority of Laura prevailed over the sensible Civic. Hope to hear your decision soon too, the waiting time promised for me is 10 to 15 days.

@Sahil, thank you for your suggestion. I inquired randomly about after market options but don't have much choice in 112 PCD odd size of Skoda. Anyway, will try and explore this route more keenly now. I intend on spending this 10 days on exploring wheels options and leather seats. If Elegance trim was available in petrol, would have gone for it eyes closed without all this running around.
Old 27th August 2010, 10:21   #71
BHPian

Congrats v.anand. Laura TSI community is steadily growing at T-BHP.
Old 27th August 2010, 10:36   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Here you go. It includes the spare prices of all cars across segments sold in India. It was mailed to me by the enthusiastic Skoda sales personnel. AC evaporator coil is the most expensive in Skoda but Jetta has the highest prices. Also surprising is Cedia is an expensive one to maintain too and the wear and tear items of Laura is generally well priced in its segment.

Congrats Anand. You made a good choice.

The spare parts price attachment is interesting. Civic parts are seen cheaper than Corolla and many other cars in the segment and for spare cost:car price ratio, Civic seems to be the best, only behind Optra Diesel.
Old 27th August 2010, 10:54   #73
Senior - BHPian

Congrats, v.anand!

The laura is a fantastic car and the TSi offers great performance for the price!

Looking forward to a detailed ownership report when you receive your car
Old 27th August 2010, 11:37   #74
BHPian

Good luck

Congrats Anand, for making up your mind finally. Perform a exorcism of sorts once your vehicle is delivered, may you have many smiling and happy miles and your 4 wheels be free from any mechanical ghosts.
Old 27th August 2010, 11:52   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you Abhishek, your thread has been of great help in deciding the same. Ultimately, the superiority of Laura prevailed over the sensible Civic. Hope to hear your decision soon too, the waiting time promised for me is 10 to 15 days.

@Sahil, thank you for your suggestion. I inquired randomly about after market options but don't have much choice in 112 PCD odd size of Skoda. Anyway, will try and explore this route more keenly now. I intend on spending this 10 days on exploring wheels options and leather seats. If Elegance trim was available in petrol, would have gone for it eyes closed without all this running around.
Regarding Leather seats, I have done leather seats for my 1.8 TSI from Stanley Bangalore (through Tafe Access). You can find the details at:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1620869-post128.html

Even after almost an year still looks the same. Also the after sales service from Stanley Including cleaning is outstanding.

It is Scandinavian Leather in Irish Cheese or Irish Cream color done by Stanley Boutique Bangalore. You can contact Mahesh @ 9740022300, he is the marketing person at Stanley Bangalore.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks