Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2011, 20:46   #31
Team-BHP Support

Re: BMW 320D versus BMW X1 (both Corporate Edition)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyb View Post
If I do choose the 320d, I will selfishly hope for a couple of things.., which may very well be true

1. The New 3 not be lauched in India till mid 2012 - which may be the case
2. It will be more expensive, considering the newer technology and gizmos.
3. A CE not be introduced for a couple of years (this I seriously doubt) because it just selling itself

All in all, I think my preference is obvious, especially when I begin to put it in words on this forum. But am going to TD the X1 tomorrow one more time tomorrow and know.
I am quite sure that #1 and #2 will hold true. But for #3, the CE version could be a possibility from launch itself - if we can take X1 as an example.

From what I read around, the 2012 3 will have design elements aligned to the F10 5-series - which means the car will have a more softer look (a bit of feminine softness I will say), a bit more interior space, and a bigger kidney grill. Will surely be a good looking car - but character... Not sure

Quote:
Btw, @ vb-san You are a true blue Bangle Fan. Like it
Picked this quote is from Flying Spur's thread (on the same topic)
Yes, absolutely right. His designs are like Love it or loathe it, and I belong to the former group
Old 14th February 2011, 20:59   #32
Senior - BHPian

Re: BMW 320d : The Expression of Joy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490 View Post
@Andy, here is a teaser on what she looks like
Hmm...chrome kidney grilles have been blacked out?
Is the ORVM carbon fiber?
Any choices on the alloys or is that it?
Old 15th February 2011, 00:41   #33
BHPian

Chrome grills definitely look blackened out. Ovrm has the carbon fiber look only. Alloys I think don't have an option. The alloys with the regular CE look so much better. Should get a clearer picture from the dealer tomorrow. But if this is more or less it! Would be better to just take the price break, I think.
Old 17th February 2011, 19:58   #34
BHPian

Getting a pre owned 520d , 2010 ( the previous generation) Highline for about 32L. New 3er CE is close to 26.5 on road. Any thoughts?? Have more or less ruled out the X1. Great allrounder but I would like to stick to a sedan I think.
Old 17th February 2011, 21:14   #35
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Getting a pre owned 520d , 2010 ( the previous generation) Highline for about 32L. New 3er CE is close to 26.5 on road. Any thoughts?? Have more or less ruled out the X1. Great allrounder but I would like to stick to a sedan I think.
If you can ignore bells and whistles of the highline, I will say the 320d. Two reasons - (1) 3 is something still in production, and (2) I remember reading elsewhere that the 4-pot gives a better experience in the 3, compared to the 5. Thats just my 2 cents
Old 17th February 2011, 22:04   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Getting a pre owned 520d , 2010 Highline for about 32L.
There was no 520d Highline. Only 520d, 530d and 530d Highline. I think it's a great option but you should get an opinion from GTO / Sahil about the price. You'll be driving a better car overall and get all the creature comforts. The 520d is by no means a boring car.
Old 21st February 2011, 02:44   #37
BHPian

Its Done! Booked the 320d CE this morning and its going to be one long week. Schedule delivery date is around the 1st of March. @Flying Spur, @ Sahil- thanks for all your help with my queries on pm and @Maverick for going out of your way when I visited the workshop.

This thread has been a great motivator for me to choose the 3er. I have a question for you guys, this thread has convinced me to switch to give up my RFT's for the tubeless, and my dealer says that it would void the Secure Package. Is the secure package really worth it? It is being thrown in for free after my negotiated discount and if I dont take it, I dont see a big monetary benefit. Should I opt of out it if it does not have any great benefits. Its look choosing between the Ride and the Secure Package.
Old 21st February 2011, 02:51   #38
BHPian

Like you said my last chance to acquire the bangled art. Booked my 320d CE this morning. Now its time to sit back and watch. The X1, I liked for sure , cant fault it but finally for me - sheer driving pleasure trumped over practicality. Thanks guys.
Old 21st February 2011, 18:11   #39
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
@Flying Spur, @ Sahil- thanks for all your help with my queries on pm and @Maverick for going out of your way when I visited the workshop.
You owe us a detailed, unbiased ownership report. That'll be the best way to thank the rest of the gang. And, of course, it will greatly help other potential owners.

Quote:
Is the secure package really worth it?
Lets get one thing out of the way : With a German car, there is no such thing as "less security". Get ALL the security you can. Yes, the secure package is worth every penny.

And no, your dealer is full of hot air. No dealer can refuse warranty as long as you stick to regular tubeless tyres of the same size.
Old 21st February 2011, 18:47   #40
BHPian

And you will get that sheer driving pleasure for sure now . Good luck with a new 320D ! I will look forward to some nice driving experience posts from you.
Old 21st February 2011, 22:53   #41
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Like you said my last chance to acquire the bangled art. Booked my 320d CE this morning. Now its time to sit back and watch. The X1, I liked for sure , cant fault it but finally for me - sheer driving pleasure trumped over practicality. Thanks guys.
Fantastic Andy!!! That was an awesome decision
Now we're waiting for the detailed ownership review. When are you going to get the delivery? And what colour you opted for?

Note: To mark the event (your decision to go for the 3), I changed my handle pic!

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 21st February 2011 at 23:42. Reason: Removed "In response to your query on FLyingSpur's thread" since posts moved to appropriate thread.
Old 21st February 2011, 23:41   #42
Senior - BHPian

Note from Team-BHP Support : Posts moved to appropriate thread. Next time, please restrict the discussion to the thread you've started instead of taking existing threads off-topic. Thanks, and congratulations on your purchase.
Old 22nd February 2011, 00:19   #43
BHPian

Nice pic @ vb-san. I should have done the same! Have booked the Deep Sea Blue - that's the only dark blue they had on the 3er, at least on the CE. It was either that or the white. I believe the white would have been a whole lot easier to maintain, but nothing quite like a Bimmer in Blue.

Also, Sticking to the RFT's for now, the complimentary BMW Secure would definitely be void if not the warranty (btw the dealer still stands by it, but I didn't get into it as I was not replacing them because of the Secure in any case)

Traveling for a week now, will be back on the 2nd, Just in time for the delivery. I owe you guys. Thanks.
Old 25th February 2011, 00:00   #44
BHPian

Spoke to my dealer today and just at the time of taking the cheque the guy tells me that the car - deep sea blue with beige interiors is notin stock and is "under production". This, while all through the TD and booking stage he tells me that the car is in stock. If I am willing to take the black interiors, he can have it delivered within a week, else Mid March. With the White, I would not mind the black interior package but with the blue, am not so keen on it.

Just doesn't seem right that they can get away with anything. Just hope he doesn't come up with some price hike or the likes, owing to this delay (due to the imminent excise hike) which he says won't be the case. But apparently you never know!
Old 11th March 2011, 11:09   #45

I would say wait for the F30 out in 2012 if you are worried about the new model coming in(not sure when it would be released in India though). I find the X1 very ugly but is your choice.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks