Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2011, 15:10   #106
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Finalized to buy my first car, need a little help here

Hey Sridhar congrats on finally making your choice! I am not really a big fan of the Wagon R but it has its share of admirers here, and I have to admit the new one looks much better than its predecessor.

24k for film is ridiculous. I got my sides and back done in Lumar thru VW for 6900 and front film by Car Cupid (brand called Global) for 3800. No way a Waggy is costlier than a Vento!

Also, am texting you my insurance lady's number. Get a quote from her. I saved 16k over the dealer quote, yup you read that right.

More later, typing on blackberry is painful!
Old 15th May 2011, 19:18   #107
BHPian

Thanks Everyone for helping me through the first leg of the Battle where i finalized my car, but a bigger battle now lies ahead - Choosing the right accessories
I did a little scouting and found out that Poona Motors has some good credibility around, and luckily its showroom in PCMC is at walkable distance from my house so i went there and inquired about various accessories
To my surprise, the prices he offered were not only competitive with market rates but also less than MGA shop
Here it goes
1. Seat Covers: Rs 2500 (ART Leather)
2. BiXenon HID projectors - Rs 15K including fitting (This i found pricey as TBHP classified offers the same for 9K, so will bargain here)
3. Full Matting: Rs 600
4. Alloys - Size: R14 ; Brand: SilverLine Rs 13K
5. Filming: Lumar / 3M (RE Series) - Rs 7K
6. Leather Steering Cover - Rs 400
7. Window Visors - Rs 1K

He was firmly supporting the Lumar brand but i am more of a 3M fanatic so he was ok to provide me filming for that too, he said it would cost me 6K if i went for CR70 film for front windshield by 3M

I am also planning to change the tyres from standard JK Tyre 155/65 R14 (They are too puny for a car this size to Bridgestone Potenza GIII 185/60 R14 (I am not sure if it is tubeless, but i believe the Potenza series is tubeless) hence iw ill be enquiring at Anand Trading Corporation tomorrow (This is where we put bridgestones for TATA Estate)

Which is the best car perfume brand overall (We use Grandall in TATA Estate) and overall everybody vouches for Ambi-Pur but wanted inputs on this, since now i have time, i can search around and find it

Any suggestions on other accesories are always welcome

In case people are wondering why not even a word on music, well this car is a project for me so ICE will be a separate chapter

@Noopster, i did not get ur text, can u PM it to me
Old 17th May 2011, 17:56   #108
Senior - BHPian

Hey Buddy,
am really proud of the fact that you stood up at the dealership and in the end were successful in getting the dealership to succumb to your demands. Way to GO! and congratulations on the booking process complete. many would just go ahead and agree with the dealer, especially on their first purchase. it's not a question of a thousand rupees here, it's making it clear ~I am the one writing a cheque, so hey DUDE listen to ME Or else BYE BYE~

you are right, in today's day its a buyers market and the sooner these chaps get it right the better it will be for them and their sales charts.

So did you finalize the grey? nice colour i saw it on the road the other day.

Your list of MODS are extensive, and by the looks of it in my imagination this is going to turn out to be one HOT wagon r.

The pricing of all else seems good.

But.

Sun Film ~ Please get some more quotes.

BI-XENON Projectors ~ First of all a great choice, going to make the Waggie RAD, ok moving forward, Again some more quotes required. Also if possible take a look at a car they have already done, to help judge the quality of their fitment etc.

Alloys ~ is this for a set of five?

Window visors ~ First complete with stage 1 modifications and put these on last if they complement the look, else drop.

Perfume wise, i remember that poona motors camp gave me a free bottle of perfume, so see if they give you one. else say that my friend got a free one why not me. even if you don't end up using it in the car, you can use it at home or anywhere else.

Anyway, i was using Ambi Pur, and it's pretty good. The one i got was the deep blue box. Sorry i forgot the fragrance name, shall update when i visit the super market next.

Good luck with the rest of the buying process and the loan sanction. Also keep us updated on the accessories front.

Drive Safe!
Old 19th May 2011, 09:02   #109
Senior - BHPian

Just read an AD in this months ACI for Blaupunkt SPF that's their new range of sun film. I went down this morning to take a look at the quite a few year old Blaupunkt speakers in the rear of the Matiz and the except for missing stickers on then, probably a driver cleaning error anyway. They look to be in pristine condition. So yeah Blaupunkt quality is really good. How their Films will be, well one would have to check it out. But judging by their quality standards i would say they are going to be pretty good. Find out, maybe since they are a new company in the Film's space you may get a good deal.
mdsaab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2011, 14:44   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shridhar.s.i View Post
I am also planning to change the tyres from standard JK Tyre 155/65 R14 (They are too puny for a car this size to Bridgestone Potenza GIII 185/60 R14 (I am not sure if it is tubeless, but i believe the Potenza series is tubeless) hence iw ill be enquiring at Anand Trading Corporation tomorrow (This is where we put bridgestones for TATA Estate)
185/60 R14 isn't correct upgrade for 155/65 R14, Overall Diameter (OD) is more by 3.68%. This upgrade will lead to speedo/odo meter error.

Secondly, choose alloy wheels while keeping in mind your tyre upgrade choice. Alloy width should be adequate/correct for your tyre choice.
sukiwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2011, 16:51   #111
Distinguished - BHPian

Sridhar, this is a valuable link: please bookmark it: TYRESAVE: Tyre Size Calculator

Fat tyres are great but since it's your first car, I would strongly suggest you not out-warranty yourself and stick to the stocks till your first logical upgrade (about 40,000 km is my bet). Just an opinion.
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2011, 17:47   #112
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shridhar.s.i View Post
I did a little scouting and found out that Poona Motors has some good credibility around, and luckily its showroom in PCMC is at walkable distance from my house

Here it goes
1. Seat Covers: Rs 2500 (ART Leather)
Hey congratulations, missed your thread for a while.

Yes Poona Motors has a good reputation. I had good experience with them till they did the art leather (Hi tech) seat covers of the Civic. They messed up the front and rear armrests and broke one of the clips of the front seat rear support. I am very unhappy about it. So my suggestion is to be around when they are installing stuff in your car.
Old 19th May 2011, 17:58   #113
Distinguished - BHPian

sridhar- I don't get this "close to my house" business- dude you have a car now!

Please check out Car Cupid on Sus Road- I have had good experiences with them. CarAx at Baner is not too bad either.

2500/- seems low: not sure what the quality of those seat covers will be. I am pretty sure you can get OEM-type fit seats (i.e. skin-fit rather than taped on) for about 5K. Do find out!
Old 20th May 2011, 23:54   #114
Senior - BHPian

I was at the library today and they had the latest issue of whatcar?
So picked up to flip through, there was a nice writeup on how to choose the right tires. you may want to check it out.

Anyways did a little research for you ~ here's what was mentioned in the mag

Wagon R standard size 145/70 R13
Recommended upgrade keeping 13 inchers
155/65 R13
Old 21st May 2011, 11:12   #115
Senior - BHPian

Poona motors is a reliable store. Speak to Anup or Hemant over there. Rs 2500 is too low for art leather seats. I suggest you should at least look at spending 4.5 - 5k. I have llumar gold series on my swift, they are decent. Suggest you look at VKOOL or 3M.I have no first hand experience with VKOOL but forum members seem to recommend it.
For the upsize of tires, please refer the tyre upgrade thread on the forum. Potenzas are hard. Suggest you to look at Turanza ER 60 from bridgestone. Appollo Accelere are VFM.

Feel free to ask me, should you need help. I have a swift ldi and have done all these upgrades back in 2010.
Old 21st May 2011, 20:51   #116
BHPian

Changed booking to Swift Lxi

Guys Guys Guys,
Here is an interesting update (I know some of you folks will want to kick me after reading this but please dont)
It was tuesday morning and exactly 1 week since i booked my Wagon R, i got a call from Sagar (the Sales - Rep remember!),
he said "Sir your vehicle has been allotted so please come to showroom to checkout the same and also bring the down payment amount so that procedure can be initiated"
For one moment i was all exited to hear this news but then i said
"Wait a minute, you said it will take 45 days for getting the vehicle and suddenly now you tell me my car is here,
based on your statements i have not initiated my loan processing yet,
i have the down payment ready but everything wont workout in such last minute"

Anyways i went to checkout the car and when i went there he said it will take some time,
so i just started going thru the cars and i saw the SWIFT , i said to him
"I like this car very much but the 5 months waiting period puts me off, anyways can i just check it out",
he promptly got the keys of the car and voila i could seat myself very comfortably in the car and i could get a good judgement of the front bonnet from driver seat
I took the seat a little backwards to seat myself more comfortably, then hopped to rear seat, the legroom was less compared to WagonR but more than Hyundai cars
Looking at my face, i dont know what went thru his mind but he said "Sir, Ek Gaadi available hai Lxi main, but payment jaldi karna padega as waiting is still long and gaadi aaj hi De-allott hui hai"
Now for people who have gone thru my entire thread know that I had not included Swift in my list because of long waiting periods, but today it all had changed
i was being offered a Swift Lxi which fits my budget within 5L, i said Yes and quickly asked him "Can the booking directly be transferred" and he said "Yes"
My next question was futile but i still asked him "What is the cash discount and what accesories will you give me free?"
This time i knew his answer, he said "NONE" and that came out very SWIFTly out of his mouth
I looked at dad, he was not very happy about me changing the decision at the last moment but i also knew he liked this car so taking silence for a "Yes" i sat down to change the booking
He quickly got the allotment form and i filled it up
The only challenge that lies ahead of me is getting the loan in time so that i dont miss out on it
Old 21st May 2011, 21:08   #117
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on booking the SWIFT. Really don't want to spoil your party, but, have you factored in the fact that there is an all new SWIFT coming round the corner? Maybe that's why many bookings are getting cancelled
Old 21st May 2011, 21:48   #118
BHPian

Guys can anybody confirm what is the launch date for the new Swift, some say it is July 2011, need help here
Old 21st May 2011, 23:30   #119
Distinguished - BHPian

Its all murky waters right now, haven't come across any concrete info even on the forum. Guesses range from as early as June'11 to as late as Diwali (Oct/Nov'11).

Go through the Swift thread, take a look at the *expected* changes and then decide if its worth waiting for or not. Your call.

Good luck!
Old 21st May 2011, 23:48   #120
Distinguished - BHPian

Sridhar, the next tapri meet is going to have one member less because I swear am gonna strangle you!

Dude I have recommended the Swift since Day One. Don't bother about new model coming out etc.- the current Swift with the K series engine is awesome.

Go for it!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks