Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2011, 22:02   #61
dot
Senior - BHPian

Re: Finalized to buy my first car, need a little help here

Shridhar,

I had missed this thread completely. What a bummer, checking it out when it is ready to be closed. But at least I can say:

Congratulations and have fun.

And, please, please don't worry about FE, just enjoy.
Old 20th April 2011, 23:02   #62
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Shridhar. Very good choice.

But i thought Gypsy was going to be your next car. Remember the last breakfast meet.
Old 20th April 2011, 23:35   #63
BHPian

Hey Shridhar, that's a fantastic you have made. Ritz is a delightful package of fun, space and quality. And as you will go for upgrades in future, it will only get better with time.

Looking forward to your detailed review.
Old 21st April 2011, 01:58   #64
Senior - BHPian

Just wanted to point out since you mentioned the swift.
I am sure you will get offers on the ritz.
But with the new swift around the corner. You might be able to squeeze a little extra out of the dealer.
So if you like the swift remember to bargain hard. Please TD both.
Also remember to wave your cheque book.when things heat up and get serious.
Nothing like a waving cheque book in front of a sales guy, this ought to make him bend backwards to please you. Will also remind him.that he is getting closer to achieving his sales target and that fat commision. Good luck. We are always there to help out so keep posting.
Old 21st April 2011, 10:11   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shridhar.s.i View Post
Guys, I dont know if someone will read this post but it is my duty to end what i started, so here goes the thing..I have finalized to buy Maruti Ritz Lxi...
one in my office parking)
-Leaves scope for improvement like tyre upgrades etc which can be done later as vitamin M availability increases

The only alternative i could think of was the Hyundai i10 Magna, but as i specified before, i am a lil bulky and prefer good seating space / shoulder room and found ritz to be a lil more spacious than i10
As always, comments are welcome
@shridhar, Great choice with the Ritz! wish you both (and others too) many a safe mile together

+1 to your comment about the upgrades later. It is always best to leave some room in the budget for this

I did not see this thread before, but I am very relieved that you have not finalised a Hyundai car. There have been umpteen issues reported with its steering, and it is nowhere close to what can be called a 'safe' car. Apart from the issues reported by skanchan in his very detailed thread, one of my friends in Pune has this issue too. Till the time I heard this, I had finalised everything for the i20 crdi except writing the cheque. Thankfully I was well informed in time and I could put in some more efforts in my car search too. A bit
Old 21st April 2011, 11:43   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shridhar.s.i View Post
Guys, I dont know if someone will read this post but it is my duty to end what i started, so here goes the thing..I have finalized to buy Maruti Ritz Lxi...Found it be satisfying all the required we discussed in previous posts
Congratulations buddy. Finally it happened. We hovered over all cars available in India below 6 L.

Ritz is a good choice. If you can get used to 2 most unique things about the Ritz, then its a great car. 1) The weirdest (some say unique) rear and 2) the position of the gear lever.

I would recommend the Ritz to people over the Swift, since both share exactly the same engine and Ritz is comparatively new and has fresh interiors, slightly better legroom at the rear and some spectacular colours Maruti has reserved just for the Ritz.

Hoping to see the Ritz at the next meet.

Wishing you lot many happy miles with her.
Old 21st April 2011, 12:14   #67
BHPian

Congrats Shridhar!!! Ritz is a fantastic package and you will not regret this decision. I own this bull and its been a satisfying experience.

Just my 2 cents though- if possible go for the Vxi trim rather than Lxi. Lxi trim is very under-equipped. You don't even get the headrests on the rear seats in Lxi trim.

Last edited by headbanger : 21st April 2011 at 12:14. Reason: Spelling mistake
Old 21st April 2011, 12:54   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Just wanted to point out since you mentioned the swift.
I am sure you will get offers on the ritz.
But with the new swift around the corner. You might be able to squeeze a little extra out of the dealer.
So if you like the swift remember to bargain hard. Please TD both.
Also remember to wave your cheque book.when things heat up and get serious.
Nothing like a waving cheque book in front of a sales guy, this ought to make him bend backwards to please you. Will also remind him.that he is getting closer to achieving his sales target and that fat commision. Good luck. We are always there to help out so keep posting.
Yes mdsaab, will definitely try for swift, but the thing is that swift will have a waiting of 5 months at the minimum which will be too long i guess considering i wanted to present it as a gift on my father's birthday this June..and the base model should come below Rs 4.5 Lacs coz that is my budget deadline...

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
@shridhar, Great choice with the Ritz! wish you both (and others too) many a safe mile together

+1 to your comment about the upgrades later. It is always best to leave some room in the budget for this

I did not see this thread before, but I am very relieved that you have not finalised a Hyundai car. There have been umpteen issues reported with its steering, and it is nowhere close to what can be called a 'safe' car. Apart from the issues reported by skanchan in his very detailed thread, one of my friends in Pune has this issue too. Till the time I heard this, I had finalised everything for the i20 crdi except writing the cheque. Thankfully I was well informed in time and I could put in some more efforts in my car search too. A bit
thanx selfdrive,
hmmm..i will not comment much on i10 here as i still have respect for that car
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Congratulations buddy. Finally it happened. We hovered over all cars available in India below 6 L.

Ritz is a good choice. If you can get used to 2 most unique things about the Ritz, then its a great car. 1) The weirdest (some say unique) rear and 2) the position of the gear lever.

I would recommend the Ritz to people over the Swift, since both share exactly the same engine and Ritz is comparatively new and has fresh interiors, slightly better legroom at the rear and some spectacular colours Maruti has reserved just for the Ritz.

Hoping to see the Ritz at the next meet.

Wishing you lot many happy miles with her.
thnx ajay, yes my parents hate the rear of this car and when i see the skimpy tires i almost faint, but then i see a beautiful engine with 85 PS, ergonomic controls, seating,powerful AC and decent mileage then i feel this is the best deal for me
Quote:
Originally Posted by headbanger View Post
Congrats Shridhar!!! Ritz is a fantastic package and you will not regret this decision. I own this bull and its been a satisfying experience.

Just my 2 cents though- if possible go for the Vxi trim rather than Lxi. Lxi trim is very under-equipped. You don't even get the headrests on the rear seats in Lxi trim.
you are tight headbanger, vxi is the better choice but it exceeds my shoestring budget..but i will definitely consider it..and plz do tell me if you faced any problems on your bull and or any precautions specifically to be taken for ritz
Old 21st April 2011, 13:34   #69
Senior - BHPian

Man does the swift still have that long a wait. I thought people would wait for the new swift around the corner. Well as mentioned earlier, the ritz and swift now have the same engine. Also ergonmically speaking i too think the ritz is a more comfortable car. You cant go wrong either way. Waiting for your future reports on TD and ofcourse tackling the sales guys.
mdsaab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2011, 15:08   #70
BHPian

@shridhar
ritz is a superb choice and that engine is a gem, but as pointed out earlier the lxi is very much under equipped.
if you are open to a pre owned car then i just saw ritz zxi 2010 model listed on car wale in pune that does come in your budget done just 10k kms.
superboy44 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2011, 18:41   #71
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Shridhar! Thats a great car that you have chosen.
However, I would not recommend the Swift over the Ritz if you passenger room your concern. For everything else though : The Swift rules!
Also, I dont think the Swift LXi has a 5 month waiting period. Do visit Chowgule (I rate them above Sai-> Personal experience and MyCar->forum experience).

Bargain really hard for the discounts on the petrol Ritz, whatever the trim you choose at the end. I was reading about some yummy discounts of upto 35k in the papers a few days ago, which includes the exchange bonus.
The price gap between the Swift and the Ritz will widen if you consider these discounts + freebies like mats and film and if possible, seat covers too.

And yes, then there are the colours. My personal favorite would be the Fire Brick Red. Swift really has a limited range (6, i think) of colours to choose from. And the one you order may not always be the on Maruti dispatches.
When i was buying all variants of the Ritz in most colours were available off the shelf, or max with a week's waiting.

Happy car buying!
Old 22nd April 2011, 12:41   #72
Senior - BHPian

So hope you are enjoying TD both the cars.
@sajo has pointed out some great deals offered.
Asha hai tho Bhonsle Hai, Harsha Hai tho Bhogle Hai, Maruti Hai tho Chowgule Hai!
LOL! Although all our Maruti's were bought through Sai Service i know from reports the Chowgule is quite a good dealer too.
Just wanted to know, did you consider the Wagon R too?
Old 22nd April 2011, 17:25   #73
BHPian

@MDSaab: I have postponed the TD for a couple of weeks because of following points
1. Folks in team bhp and my office have continuously advised me to go for a Vxi Trim rather than the basic Lxi, and after doing a little feature comparo again, i could not agree more because i can see that the cost of the products (if fitted aftermarket) work out the same as the price difference between Lxi and Vxi
2. To cut a deal, we need to waive a cheque and a fat one ofcourse but since my budget has been shot up by around 30 K now so need to get the cash into the account before going shopping

And since i live in Pimpri Chinchwad i will be visiting Wonder Cars Showroom first as it is the closest to my house, can anyone comment how is their service?
Old 22nd April 2011, 20:50   #74
Senior - BHPian

I too would like to see you drive out with the vxi. Worth the money IMO.
Also you can take the tests now if you like. Let the dealer stew a bit and run after you for your money. This will help in getting a better deal too.
Still curious did you check the wagon r?
Old 22nd April 2011, 23:41   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey sridhar, nice to know you're finally taking the plunge. Ritz is a nice car and Vxi is the right trim level IMHO. I have a 5 year old Swift Vxi that I can't bear to let go off. The new engine is even better and the Ritz once you get over the initial shock of its rear end, is quite a delight. So all the best and do post a nice ownership thread.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks