Team-BHP > What Car?

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2015, 10:11   #61
BHPian

Posting on this old thread rather than making a new one as i am on the lookout for a similar vehicle for wifey which will be primarily used within city for daily errands and maybe a few times for office commute.

I am getting quite a few hyundai i10 1.2 automatics of 2009-2012 within my budget of about Rs. 3-3.5 lacs.

However, i feel that instead of buying a used vehicle for that amount i would be able to get a new tata nano which is even more easier to drive for wifey. Also, the i10 auto is now scrapped by hyundai and is no longer in production.

Maruti's automatics are far and few though i am able to get a celerio vxi for a decent price.

Would love to hear what fellow bhpians have to say about this situation here with me.

Primary requirement is easy to drive and obviously a hassle free ownership.
Old 11th December 2015, 10:29   #62
BHPian

Re: Going Automatic on a Rs. 2 lakh Budget!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigyy View Post
within my budget of about Rs. 3-3.5 lacs.

However, i feel that instead of buying a used vehicle for that amount i would be able to get a new tata nano which is even more easier to drive for wifey. .
You have a budget which suits Tata Nano Automatic perfectly. Though I have not driven other automatic cars, I would strongly suggest you to have a test drive of Nano Automatic. As a user of Nano Manual I can say that the car is very reliable and the upgraded versions are making it better. Also I would strongly advice you to ignore public opinions regarding its image. Its not at all sensible.
Old 11th December 2015, 12:26   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaheer5776 View Post
You have a budget which suits Tata Nano Automatic perfectly. Though I have not driven other automatic cars, I would strongly suggest you to have a test drive of Nano Automatic. As a user of Nano Manual I can say that the car is very reliable and the upgraded versions are making it better. Also I would strongly advice you to ignore public opinions regarding its image. Its not at all sensible.

Thanks for the sound advice, I've heard that nano is a very well rounded car minus the safety features and has a below par braking, but then the automatic version is hardly 35 horses and not really the swiftest off the mark i guess.

I am heading down for a test drive on sunday and if wifey likes it for her weekly errands (which would be hardly about 30-40 kms) per week then i guess ill be booking the vehicle immediately.
Old 13th December 2015, 12:52   #64
BHPian

Re: Going Automatic on a Rs. 2 lakh Budget!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigyy View Post
Thanks for the sound advice, I've heard that nano is a very well rounded car minus the safety features and has a below par braking, but then the automatic version is hardly 35 horses and not really the swiftest off the mark i guess.

I am heading down for a test drive on sunday and if wifey likes it for her weekly errands (which would be hardly about 30-40 kms) per week then i guess ill be booking the vehicle immediately.
Those 35 horses reminded me of some thing to share:

Back in 2011 I went to the market with Rs 2 lakh budget to buy a car. Nano was the only available option that time. And the Sales Executive Happily brought Nano to my house for a Test Drive. I had driven Santro all my life so you could guess how many horses I was expecting with Nano. I test drove Nano and I was hugely disappointed that I immediately rejected it. That was an immature decision now I realize!

Fast forward 2014: As you say life comes to a full circle, I had to buy Nano last year due to some unavoidable circumstances. Though I had that test drive quite fresh in my mind I totally ignored it. I found "Team-Bhp" and went through reviews. And I totally ignored those horses and acted as a matured buyer. I bought a preowned one.

After driven this car for more than 10,000 kms in about one year I have done long distances on highways (more than 1,000 at a stretch) and driven it on Ghats, Roads with full of stones, Rural roads and everywhere. I have totally forgotten the number of "horses" it has! Many times I was allowed to overtake Altos, 800s, Indicas, Omnis and sometimes swifts on highways I guess I got lot of goodwill while driving at around 80-90 kmph! And I never felt unsafe. Good luck.

Most Viewed