Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2006, 18:49   #1
BHPian

Basic mp3 player and 6*9 speakers

hi guys i own a OHC,and am looking forward to upgrade my ICE,i got a casette player with FM and 4 spkrs with the car.so i wanted to change the HU and also the rear spkrs with the 6*9 spkrs,i love the hard hitting bass.but as u may suggest to go for sub and an amp.but right now i dont have moolah to go for it.so i would be satisfied with the 6*9 at the rear.so guys i can spend upto 10K.so guys pls help me out.with a good ICE in my vehicle.
Old 25th December 2006, 19:55   #2
BHPian

ICE Installation ( After-Market)

Sony Xplod System CDX-GT250S ( Grey)
Pioneer Rear 6X9 3 Way ( 6961) ( Bill & Warranty)
Pioneer Front 4' Dual Cone ( Grey)

Costed me Rs.8300 /-

Last edited by wolfinstein : 25th December 2006 at 19:56.
Old 25th December 2006, 19:58   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sankeerthreddy View Post
hi guys i own a OHC,and am looking forward to upgrade my ICE,i got a casette player with FM and 4 spkrs with the car.so i wanted to change the HU and also the rear spkrs with the 6*9 spkrs,i love the hard hitting bass.but as u may suggest to go for sub and an amp.but right now i dont have moolah to go for it.so i would be satisfied with the 6*9 at the rear.so guys i can spend upto 10K.so guys pls help me out.with a good ICE in my vehicle.
Since you are contemplating getting a sub and amp at a later date, get a head unit with atleast a subwoofer pre-out. There are a lot of options from Blau, Panasonic, Alpine, Pioneer. Check out all of them at the budget you are looking at.

6x9s: Alpine, Blau, JBL etc around the 3-4.5k price point should be sufficient. I would advise to save as much as possible on the rears right now, and use the money later for good front comps.
Old 25th December 2006, 19:59   #4

Quote:

Hi sankeerthreddy,

buy a pioneer 2950 HU for 5200/-

rockford fosgate 6*9 co-axil speakers for 4800/-

you will get good bass in that.

best of luck.

Last edited by ported_head : 25th December 2006 at 21:11.
Old 25th December 2006, 20:04   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Hi...
if you lookin for a good rear speaker..then JBL GTO937 is a great set of speakers with resonbly good bass compared to the pioneer..good VFM too..As far as the choosing th right head unit is concerned... The audio gurus will take it from here...
rgrds,
angelfire
Old 25th December 2006, 20:10   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, Sankeerath,

I think you can get a decent mp3 HU from pioneer at around 6k and 6x9s for around 4k(jbl, soundstream). also it depends if you want to add an amp and a sub later on. if you want to then i think you should buy a HU with sub outs. And if you can, get a good pair of coax or compos for the front.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks