Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2007, 01:57   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett View Post
guys nothing from bby. everyhting got from dubai from the official dealers.
GULF WIRELESS.
fantastic ppl.
yes everything boxed with bill and warrenty.
@bret so these prices are inc of all sort of duties that one needs to pay!!!
Old 29th October 2007, 02:47   #62
BHPian

Congrats on your purchase Brett. You have really got a great deal on the speakers
Old 29th October 2007, 07:50   #63
BHPian

Quote:

front - esk 163 for rs5000
rear - hsk 130 for rs3000

and finally the best buy of the lot

audison lrx6.9 rs21000

so tell me what you guys think.

ps thinking of getting the hk300d sub as well. what say???????
@brett:

Congratulations on your new ICE purchases! Both Hertz & Audison have several happy customers on this forum, and having heard the LRX amps myself, I can say that they sound pretty good...

I'm just a newbie, but feel that you might want to check the following with the ICE gurus -

1. ESK163 is a 3-way speaker i.e. has 3 separate components to reproduce the audio frequency spectrum (midbass, midrange, tweeter).

However, it has been established on this thread that the Laura Elegance accepts 2 way speakers in the stock locations for both front & rear doors, hence you may want to seek the gurus' advice on
(a) how to mount the midrange separately, if possible or
(b) whether you should consider replacing the ESK163 with 2-ways.
(c) any other option

2. Suggest you check with Gunbir/JB if the LRX 6.9 accepts speaker level inputs. if it doesnt, you might need

(a) a HU upgrade to one with 3 pre-outs or
(b) an adapter module to convert hi-level to low level inputs, if available

Again, request you to kindly check which solution would be better for your needs/budget. A HU upgrade may be a good idea anyway...

3. hertz sub: was checking the Hertz site and couldnt find the HK300D. However, the HX300D has 2 voice coils of 4ohm resistance each (Gunbir/JB - please correct me if I'm wrong, thanks), you might want to check with the gurus on how this would need to be connected to your LRX 6.9 and whether another sub configuration would be more suitable for your amp, size of car and listening tastes.

Hope this is of help & keep enjoying the music!
Old 29th October 2007, 08:58   #64
BHPian

Quote:
guys nothing from bby. everyhting got from dubai from the official dealers.
GULF WIRELESS.
fantastic ppl.
did u buy the stuff online from dubai. and are the prices inclusive of shipping and duty. i am guessing u still have not received the products. do let us know how u went about buying this stuff from dubai.
Old 29th October 2007, 09:15   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

You got that X2 for Rs. 5000/- only!!?? That's a great price!

Old 29th October 2007, 09:33   #66
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
audison lrx6.9 rs21000
Quote:
GULF WIRELESS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
You got that X2 for Rs. 5000/- only!!?? That's a great price!
1. the prices are very good even for Dubai esp the speakers.
2. the warranty will be valid in Dubai or UAE not in India. Gunbir what's your take on this? Will you be in a position to offer support (technical, warranty, etc..)?
Old 29th October 2007, 09:58   #67
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
audison lrx6.9 rs21000
Goodness gracious! The prices are insanely low man. Wonder why its so expensive in India? Retails at much more than twice the price.
Old 29th October 2007, 10:09   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
1. the prices are very good even for Dubai esp the speakers.
2. the warranty will be valid in Dubai or UAE not in India. Gunbir what's your take on this? Will you be in a position to offer support (technical, warranty, etc..)?
1. Thats what! The prices are tooo low. Without going deeper into pricing I can just say that there's something wrong here. For sure.

2. No Sir. We can't honor the UAE warranty in India.
Old 29th October 2007, 10:28   #69
BHPian

i think this is the website of gulf wireless from where brett bought the speakers. they have not mentioned any prices though.
Old 30th October 2007, 18:09   #70

`got a new HU as well

Kenwood DDX7039M
Old 31st October 2007, 12:09   #71
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Very good so next time you sleep, please design one or tell me how to make one or what position you sleep in to design one. I want to take this up to see how it sounds. Let me rephrase that, next time you sleep alone, not with your boyfriends, ok?

How much would a 4" driver cost approx? Sorry if we are going off topic Navin.
Ajay, I found out a guy who can make inductors here in Pune. Can you further guide on what I need to ask him to make? I have a pair of Illusion EL 6.1 set XO's lying with me. We could put them to use?

Navin could you please move the relevant posts to DIY a 3-way Component system in the DIY section please?
Old 31st October 2007, 12:33   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
The prices are tooo low. Without going deeper into pricing I can just say that there's something wrong here. For sure.
Not necessarily.... Ignorance is what an average Indian customer pays for.

Yes, it would be treated at par bought without B&W. I can give you atleast 7 items that I bought myself from US/DXB at unbelievable prices.
Old 31st October 2007, 13:11   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
Not necessarily.... Ignorance is what an average Indian customer pays for
But Panky Bhai... did you know that when you buy imported goods with B&W in India, you are paying most of the money to the Govt and not to the importer/distributor/retailer. An example:

Something has an MSRP of $200, and is exported from origin at $100. Now add 10% freight, 40% duties and clearing charges and its landed here at $154. Now add importer, distributor and retailer margins, say a total of 10% or $20 for all of them. Now add Central Sales Tax @ 3% charged in the state of import, say Maharashtra. Now the cost is $ 180. Now add VAT @ 12.5% in state of final sale, say Karnataka for someone buying in Bangalore. So the end retail here is $202.50, which is slightly higher than the international MSRP.

So the business folks responsible for importing, distributing and retailing made a total of 10% on retail, i.e. $20 for all their trouble and providing service & warranty. While the Govt made nearly 36% of retail price, i.e. $71.72 for sitting on their behinds.

So the average Indian consumer pays for being a citizen in this country, NOT for his/her ignorance.
Old 31st October 2007, 13:20   #74
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Ajay, I found out a guy who can make inductors here in Pune. Can you further guide on what I need to ask him to make? I have a pair of Illusion EL 6.1 set XO's lying with me. We could put them to use?

Navin could you please move the relevant posts to DIY a 3-way Component system in the DIY section please?
MF, you want me to create a new thread in the DIY section by that name? I thought any member can do that. you dont need to be a Mod to create a thread.
before you go making inductors I suggest you download Clio, Calsod, or LSpCad Lite, etc.. and simulate the existing EL 6.1 XO. The EL 6.1 XO is designed specifically for the drivers (all speaker companies do this). It takes into consideration the frequency response, power handling, excursion capabilities and other driver specifications.

What these XO do not (and cannot) take into complete consideration is listener preference, driver installtion, etc..

Once you modelled the existing XO you can then tinker with the components and see what the change in each component does to teh phase, freq and power respone of the individal drivers and the system as a whole. It is not that tough, this post makes it look tougher than it is.

What you need to keep in mind
1. tweeters are fragile. their excusion limits can be easily exceeded and you can blow them that way. Their thermal limits aare better but alos limited.
2. midranges and midwoofers ofnte have break up modes in th upper midrange. this is more common for the "exotic" stiff matierals such as kevlar, aluminum, carbon fiber etc..
3. phase response is critical. Try to keep phase within 45 deg. This is TOUGHER than it looks.
Old 31st October 2007, 13:21   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
So the average Indian consumer pays for being a citizen in this country, NOT for his/her ignorance.
How truly put!!

You are 100% correct in your calculations Gunman! I was talking without B&W.

With B&W, what you say makes sense....but then there are lot many here (like me) who'd still take chance and save lots.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks