Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2009, 12:58   #1
BHPian
 
anilagdr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Kottayam
Posts: 198
Thanked: 59 Times
Default Bull Audio compos for my Vista

Hi

Yesterday I Have installed 5.25" Bull audio component speakers for my Vista front. I have a JBL 938 on a MDF tray at the rear.

The tweeters of Bull were put in the dash, in place of the original ones. The stock location was used for the front door installation of the mid woofers, and the crossovers were placed in the dash. Installed at Emperor, Kochi - Mr. Zuhemi was not happy with the stock clarion HU that comes in the Vista.

Here are a few snaps.
Attached Thumbnails
Bull Audio compos for my Vista-13062009184.jpg  

Bull Audio compos for my Vista-13062009185.jpg  

Bull Audio compos for my Vista-13062009186.jpg  

Bull Audio compos for my Vista-13062009187.jpg  

Bull Audio compos for my Vista-13062009188.jpg  

Bull Audio compos for my Vista-13062009190.jpg  

anilagdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2009, 13:12   #2
Senior - BHPian
 
greenhorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: TN-14
Posts: 6,838
Thanked: 1,318 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilagdr View Post
The tweeters of Bull were put in the dash, in place of the original ones.
are the stock speakers in the vista components ??
Quote:
Mr. Zuhemi was not happy with the stock clarion HU that comes in the Vista.
ouch. any plans for an ugrade? those bull comps can sound really nice when driven off a good HU. how does it sound now? what did he say about installing 6"ers in the vista door ?
Quote:
Here are a few snaps.
thanks for sharing

Last edited by greenhorn : 14th June 2009 at 13:13.
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2009, 13:33   #3
BHPian
 
anilagdr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Kottayam
Posts: 198
Thanked: 59 Times
Default

Hi

The Vista aura comes with a pair of dash tweeters as well! But not compos in the true sense - no crossovers to seperate the frequencies.

It sounds vastly better than the original setup, but not to the actual potential of the speakers. Upgrade maybe in due course.

Having seen the installation, I doubt if the 6.5" can be installed without trimming the metal part of the door on the inside.

You are welcome buddy, actually it is me who needs to thank all the friends here - you included - for putting in such a vast treasure of knowledge here.

Last edited by anilagdr : 14th June 2009 at 13:37.
anilagdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2009, 14:00   #4
BHPian
 
Whiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 31
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Congrats on the new setup!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilagdr
Hi
Yesterday I Have installed 5.25" Bull audio component speakers for my Vista front. I have a JBL 938 on a MDF tray at the rear.
Congrats Anil on the new setup!!!

- Are the Components powered by any amplifier or just the HU?
- How much did the Bull Audio Components cost you at Emperor?
- Would you recommend Emperor for installation, if yes then could you PM
me his details?

When can I get an audition, I would be in Cochin next weekend.

Enjoy the new setup to the fullest!!!
Whiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2009, 14:37   #5
BHPian
 
bullboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 577
Thanked: 35 Times
Default

anil,
please mention the costs also.
bullboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2009, 14:38   #6
Senior - BHPian
 
greenhorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: TN-14
Posts: 6,838
Thanked: 1,318 Times
Default

the average auto tweeter MUST have a crossover, else it will burn up pretty quickly. a simple capacitor will do the job - its probably built into the speaker. Do you know who made the original speakers ? ( i mean, were there any identification on them?)

bullboy, i have a feeling those comps must have cost about 5k. anil can confirm. I picked up a pair of 6.5" bull compos for 6.5k, but was told by the other Bull audio dealers here on team bhp that they are supposed to cost less

Last edited by greenhorn : 14th June 2009 at 14:40.
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2009, 18:08   #7
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Delhi
Posts: 55
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
the average auto tweeter MUST have a crossover, else it will burn up pretty quickly. a simple capacitor will do the job - its probably built into the speaker. Do you know who made the original speakers ? ( i mean, were there any identification on them?)

bullboy, i have a feeling those comps must have cost about 5k. anil can confirm. I picked up a pair of 6.5" bull compos for 6.5k, but was told by the other Bull audio dealers here on team bhp that they are supposed to cost less
Yes - the 6.5 inch Bull compos cost somewhere between 5700 and 6000, depending on the level of discount the dealer offers. I picked mine for 5900.
abhishek3030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2009, 19:47   #8
BHPian
 
anilagdr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Kottayam
Posts: 198
Thanked: 59 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiz View Post
Congrats Anil on the new setup!!!

- Are the Components powered by any amplifier or just the HU?
- How much did the Bull Audio Components cost you at Emperor?
- Would you recommend Emperor for installation, if yes then could you PM
me his details?

When can I get an audition, I would be in Cochin next weekend.

Enjoy the new setup to the fullest!!!
Thanks a ton, mate.

No amps in my setup. The cost was 5000/- inclusive of installation.
Emperor is supposed to be the best place for installation around here. Mr. Zuhemi is supposed to be highly skilful - more mportant if you need to nstall amps etc.
I am in Kottayam, so would an audition be convenient for you? what type of install are you planning & which is your ride?
anilagdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2009, 19:51   #9
BHPian
 
anilagdr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Kottayam
Posts: 198
Thanked: 59 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilagdr View Post
Thanks a ton, mate.

No amps in my setup. The cost was 5000/- inclusive of installation.
Emperor is supposed to be the best place for installation around here. Mr. Zuhemi is supposed to be highly skilful - more mportant if you need to nstall amps etc.
I am in Kottayam, so would an audition be convenient for you? what type of install are you planning & which is your ride?
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Do you know who made the original speakers ? ( i mean, were there any identification on them?)
It says 'made in Malayasia' thats all !!
anilagdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2009, 19:53   #10
BHPian
 
anilagdr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Kottayam
Posts: 198
Thanked: 59 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullboy View Post
anil,
please mention the costs also.
5k inclusive of installation.
anilagdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2009, 20:05   #11
Senior - BHPian
 
Ricky_63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 3,846
Thanked: 375 Times
Default

Nice to know that the BULL audio bug has travelled south as well....Great choice, hope you enjoy them. Do keep us posted !!




Cheers
Ricky_63 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2009, 20:06   #12
BHPian
 
Whiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 31
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilagdr View Post
Thanks a ton, mate.

No amps in my setup. The cost was 5000/- inclusive of installation.
Emperor is supposed to be the best place for installation around here. Mr. Zuhemi is supposed to be highly skilful - more mportant if you need to nstall amps etc.
I am in Kottayam, so would an audition be convenient for you? what type of install are you planning & which is your ride?
Kottayam would be tough though. Will get in touch with him, could you PM me his details.

Nothing great, looking for a small speaker and amp upgrade for my Swift.
Whiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2009, 20:25   #13
Senior - BHPian
 
akshay4587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chandigarh/Mohali/Ambala Cantt
Posts: 3,756
Thanked: 1,553 Times
Default

We have same set up almost
I have bull audio 6.5" compos upfront in my accent and JBL GTO 938 at the back.

Bulls are powered by kenwood 6539 and Blau GT4 MKII amp,and i hardly need those JBL's at the back,the midbass punch is pretty good
akshay4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2009, 21:02   #14
BHPian
 
anilagdr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Kottayam
Posts: 198
Thanked: 59 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiz View Post
Kottayam would be tough though. Will get in touch with him, could you PM me his details.

Nothing great, looking for a small speaker and amp upgrade for my Swift.
In that case, Emperor would be ideal. The main shop is near Varkey's supermarket Palarivattom. But, you can get a better customer care @ their new shop on the bypass (opp. EMC). In either case, installation will be done in the same installation centre headed by Mr Zuhemi.
anilagdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2009, 21:05   #15
BHPian
 
anilagdr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Kottayam
Posts: 198
Thanked: 59 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Nice to know that the BULL audio bug has travelled south as well....Great choice, hope you enjoy them. Do keep us posted !!

Cheers
Thank you bro - I hope to add an amp to the setup later.
anilagdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Red Bull Racing Cans: Chance to visit the Red Bull Racing HQ in Milton Keynes varun_patra Indian Motorsport 0 22nd July 2011 15:51
NHC owners with front compos...where/how do you have your tweeters installed? wannabelean In-Car Entertainment 10 15th July 2008 14:43
HU Query for JBL speakers was "Polk MOMO vs db Compos" hyper-VTEC In-Car Entertainment 43 13th December 2006 15:03
If my front compos were 100 rms each, what rms amp do I need? wannabelean In-Car Entertainment 18 17th August 2006 11:01


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:17.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks