Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2010, 22:48   #1
BHPian

Please suggest ICE for Chevrolet Cruze!!!

Hi guys,

I just got my delivery of my Chevy Cruze 3 days back. It comes with pre-installed sound system which consist of a Stereo system with 6 CD changer & 4 door speakers. The output is very disappointing. It is a 2 channel sound system. Cant change the Player coz it is attached to the stearing as well.

I am looking for good door way speakers & 2 rear speakers, Please suggest . Also is it possible by any chance to install an amplifier & Basetube or woofer since it is a 2 channel system.

Budget anywhere between 10-20k.

Thanks
Old 2nd March 2010, 09:24   #2
Senior - BHPian

1. Since it is not known whether the Cruze HU has Pre-outs or not, you may have to get an amp which accepts speaker-level inputs
2. Get components for the front - JBL, Hertz, Blaupunkt, Illusion ... Components are a pair of mid-bass and tweeter. The midbass goes into the door, and the tweeter will go either into the mirror pod or at the base of the A-pillar. Leave the coaxials that are fitted in the rear door as is
3. Get a 4-channel amp - Kenwood, Blaupunkt, etc.
4. Get a JBL or Blaupunkt tube
5. Connect 2 channels of the amp to the front components
6. Bridge the other 2 channels and drive the sub tube

If you hunt around for good deals, you will be able to do all this in less than 20K, including the necessary wiring

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks