Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2014, 14:52   #1
Senior - BHPian

Hyderabad gets 80 new Volvo 8400 city buses

The Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation (APSRTC) has just inducted 80 new Volvo 8400 buses into its fleet in Hyderabad. The fleet in the city only had 8 Volvo buses until now. The Volvo 8400 is a low entry city bus that should improve connectivity for the city.

The buses have been added to increase connectivity for the large number of executives who rely on public transport in the IT hub. The routes these buses take will connect various parts of the twin cities of Hyderabad & Secunderabad to the areas where the corporate houses are located.

Volvo city buses are now in operation across 16 cities in the country, with more cities expected to be added to the network soon.

Hyderabad gets 80 new Volvo 8400 city buses-unnamed-1.jpg
Tushar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th December 2014, 15:13   #2
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Hyderabad gets 80 new Volvo 8400 city buses

So finally Hyderabad waking up after the failed experiment of Marcopolo AC buses, which were never a match for Volvo buses in other cities.
shamanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2014, 16:18   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
The Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation (APSRTC)
You mean TSRTC, right?

The way buses are run in Hyderabad leave a lot to be desired. The frequency is terrible and most of the buses (when they see you're young and male) don't even stop at bus stops anymore. They just slow down expecting you to get down the running bus. Number one reason why I don't take the bus. And then the crowds. If the new government can fix some of these issues, then great. If not, our eager wait for metro rail continues.
Old 5th December 2014, 16:19   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
The Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation (APSRTC) has just inducted 80 new Volvo 8400 buses into its fleet in Hyderabad. The fleet in the city only had 8 Volvo buses until now. The Volvo 8400 is a low entry city bus that should improve connectivity for the city.

Mind you, it is the Telangana state Road Transport corp. or else KCR [ the hot headed CM of Telangana] would clamp the team-bhp down for using AP instead of Telangana.

These buses were bought under the previous Govt and at last got moksha from that godforsaken RTC compound that sits beside a dumping yard [ near Mushirabad depot] . By choosing to keep them off the roads for such a long time, I wonder how unmistakably our Administrators succeeded in wasting the resources by allowing these spectacular machines to rot somewhere.
And btw,most of these buses are directed towards the IT sections of the city.
poised2drive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2014, 17:23   #5
BHPian

I do hope that proper driver training is also being done.
The present state of drivers leaves a lot to be desired. Sorry to say but they are bullies on road and they have to be informed that other people also have right of the road.
You can buy the best of buses but then it all depends on your staff how they operate and maintain them.
But this is a good step. Maybe one step at a time will improve things.
Any member has an idea when will the metro be operational because the combined effect of better buses and a working metro should do the Hyderabad traffic some good
nkghai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2014, 19:57   #6
BHPian

I have seen these buses on the road and very impressed by the way they were driven. Two days back, I was behind one bus and the driver was very sedate even on an empty road. Good to see these buses on the road and if I remember correctly the base fare is 15 rs/.
JoseVijay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2014, 09:57   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
You mean TSRTC, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by poised2drive View Post
Mind you, it is the Telangana state Road Transport corp. or else KCR [ the hot headed CM of Telangana] would clamp the team-bhp down for using AP instead of Telangana.
The reality is that the Telangana State Road Transport Corporation is as yet only notional. The APSRTC that still exists has a lot of complications attached to its division. The complications are about the assets and liabilities of the corporation and how those would be distributed between the two corporations that would come into existence once TSRTC is formalised. The new buses running in Hyderabad with TS number plates are clearly meant for Hyderabad and therefore they carry the Telangana State RTC nomenclature. But the older ones that still have AP number plates are yet to be formally made TSRTC property.

KCR is no hot head. He is cool as a cucumber. His party has "Telangana" in its name and that has relevance only vis a vis Andhra Pradesh. If he wants people to remember him and his party post the achievement of Telangana, he needs to make as much noise about Telangana (preferably against Andhra Pradesh) as is possible. He is doing just that. He can't keep that up forever but then that is a discussion on politics and not a subject for this forum.
sadsack is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2014, 11:03   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
The way buses are run in Hyderabad leave a lot to be desired. The frequency is terrible and most of the buses (when they see you're young and male) don't even stop at bus stops anymore. They just slow down expecting you to get down the running bus. Number one reason why I don't take the bus.
Totally agree! I faced this regularly when i was in Hyderabad during 2003-2006. I went on and bought myself a bike, rather than risk my life with falling off trying to board a running bus.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks