Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2010, 23:42   #1
Team-BHP Support

Half screen problem in Samsung Plasma TV

I have a Samsung Plasma TV which is a little over 3 years old. Since few days, half the screen turns black sometimes. There is no pattern to the problem, the half black screen problem comes and goes as it pleases. It happens in any source, composite, component or HDMI. I have changed the source between Tata Sky, DVD or WDTV when the black screen occurs, it has no effect.

So I called Samsung service, who promptly arrived, only to see a perfectly working TV. Since they didn't see the problem, they went back. However, they asked us to call them when the problem occurs again. It happened again same evening, so we called them. When they came, the problem went away again. They stood around for 45 minutes for the problem to occur. It didn't.

Again, they didn't touch the TV. Apparently, they are under strict orders not to touch the Plasma TV unless they see the problem themselves. So this is a stalemate. They also said they have never heard of such a problem.

Yesterday it happened again, so I recorded the video of it. But it went away after 10 minutes. So I didn't bother calling them anymore.

Now, how do I get Samsung to fix this problem if they have no idea about the problem and I can't get them to see it live?
Old 2nd March 2010, 00:21   #2
BHPian

Since you have recorded a video, probably you could show that to them. Probably you could record a longer video along with the TV's serial number just to be on safer side. Or else you could just hand over the unit to service guys for few days' observation. No need to open the unit until they are sure of the problem. These are just some random thoughts.
Old 2nd March 2010, 00:28   #3
BHPian

Intermittent problems of this sort always requires continuous monitoring by the service personnel. They should believe the customer, accede to your request to take it to the service center, keep it under watch and then do the needful after giving you an estimate.

Needless to say that they will charge you for this service. Tell them that you will pay the reasonable charges for such an inspection and repair estimates.

You may escalate the matter to the service-center head or even higher-ups explaining the situation. Please keep a log of the times it exhibited this problem/its duration etc., and dish it out to them in support.

Just my thoughts.
Old 2nd March 2010, 09:57   #4
Team-BHP Support

Since it is out of warranty, I don't mind paying for the support. If it becomes more frequent, I'll ask them take it to their center for observation. But I can't believe that it has never happened. I can see numerous customer complaints about this problem against Samsung Plasma on the net. Just google for "half screen Samsung Plasma".
Old 2nd March 2010, 10:07   #5
Senior - BHPian

It is a regular problem Samurai, nothing new or unusual. They guy must be feeling lazy enough to open up the plasma.

However, the problem is that your LCD Panel is faulty. What size it is of ?? I can tell you approx expense.
Old 2nd March 2010, 12:18   #6
Team-BHP Support

It is a 50 inch Plasma, model number is PS50Q7H I think.
Old 2nd March 2010, 12:57   #7
Senior - BHPian

Exact model along with BOM Code Required. i.e. Model written behind the Plasma.

PS: Click a pic of sticker behind your Plasma, it would be a better solution.
Old 4th March 2010, 22:04   #8
Team-BHP Support

Here you go Ashish...

Half screen problem in Samsung Plasma TV-p1010711.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks