Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2006, 17:53   #46
Senior - BHPian

A simple question and a small mention of the baleno takes the thread haywire ! Stick to the thread fellas - we have had plenty of debates on the Baleno-Accent-Ikon and mine is better than yours thingie. Lets not meander from the theme of this thread and help our friend get his dream car.

Please do not force the Support team into action.
Old 30th July 2006, 23:42   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85
I guess if its a question about the engine displacement of the cars then the Esteem uses a 1.3L engine compared with the Accent's 1.5L. And still it is pretty much faster to a 100kmph. But you are right engine displacement has very little to do with the cars performance But still, if we discussing the topic on Engine performance now. The Esteem has a superior engine since its a 16V compared to a 12V unit of the Accent GLE. And also the Esteem revs upto 6.5k rpm compared with the 6k rpm limit of the Accent which IMHO shows an edge in refinement of the Esteem's engine.

I am very glad that you are happy with your ride and if you feel that the Accent is a better overall car than the Esteem in your case, so be it! I respect your view.

But i feel the Esteem VXI is a slightly better proposition compared to the Accent GLE according to me.

In the end i guess its an indivisual choice coz there isn't much to choose between these 2 cars

Cheers
I'd the same choice of yours when I was deciding on my car purchase. It was Accent vs Esteem. But finally Accent was the right one to choose due to following reasons:

1. Spacious than Esteem
2. Performance is not bad. Esteem though a bit powerful in some areas was a flimsly buily vehicle and dont have the control and handling for high speeds. Accent too not better at very high speeds but still the "weight factor" and handling is more than Esteem. You mentioned about the 12V in Esteem. But the Ford Ikon 1.6 is also 12V but its performance was the best among sedan cars except the Accent CRDi which was superior. So thats not a major factor too I guess. My guess is the lesser weight of Esteem makes it a big performer.
3. Looks definitely better than Esteem (Interiors and Exterior)
4. More features than Esteem.
5. Maintenance costs cheaper than Esteem though the quality of service are excellent for both.

You can never say an Esteem and Accent GLE is equal. Accent GLE is definitely a superior car in every departments. Yep, that slight performance difference is there but if you have a family it's always the Accent.
Old 30th July 2006, 23:48   #48
BHPian

Rana, it's the Baleno which is superior to Accent in Performance and Spacious Interior. Mileage depends mainly on the driving attitude and proper maintenance but still Baleno has the upperhand.

For looks, its the Accent which is better both exterior and interior. Though personally I like the side looks of Baleno more than the Accent. Feature wise too Accent is better I guess.

If you're OK with the looks, it's the Baleno which is a better choice. But yes, the Verna will be superior to Baleno.
Old 31st July 2006, 08:54   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh76
I'd the same choice of yours when I was deciding on my car purchase. It was Accent vs Esteem. But finally Accent was the right one to choose due to following reasons:

1. Spacious than Esteem
2. Performance is not bad. Esteem though a bit powerful in some areas was a flimsly buily vehicle and dont have the control and handling for high speeds. Accent too not better at very high speeds but still the "weight factor" and handling is more than Esteem. You mentioned about the 12V in Esteem. But the Ford Ikon 1.6 is also 12V but its performance was the best among sedan cars except the Accent CRDi which was superior. So thats not a major factor too I guess. My guess is the lesser weight of Esteem makes it a big performer.
3. Looks definitely better than Esteem (Interiors and Exterior)
4. More features than Esteem.
5. Maintenance costs cheaper than Esteem though the quality of service are excellent for both.

You can never say an Esteem and Accent GLE is equal. Accent GLE is definitely a superior car in every departments. Yep, that slight performance difference is there but if you have a family it's always the Accent.
Look my friend,

1. Agree.
2. Esteem is better performer than the Accent GLE any day.
3. Looks are subjective(i prefer the Esteem on that front, i hate the front grille of the Accent, infact all Hyundai's have a dismal front grille IMHO which spoils the whole look of an otherwise good looking car)
4. Esteem Vxi has Power Antenna, Body colured door handles and OVRM's, Fog lamps, Central Locking, Rear Centre Armrest, Rear Spoiler, Stereo System etc which come standard which are all absent in the Accent GLE and you call the Accent more feature rich???? Suprising!!!!
5.Maintenence costs are marginally cheaper than the Esteem. But a Maruti can be repaired even by a road side mechanic which an Accent certainly can't. And Maruti's network of A** is second to none in India.

Lastly to end it once and for all, FE of the Esteem is much better than the Accent GLE. Adarsh, i won't take your FE count into consideration. Its better to take take ACI's judgement since they test all cars under equal conditions. ANd on the FE front ESteem is defiantely the winner.

Look buddy, as i said earlier, its your opinion that the Accent GLE is a better car overall. I don't necessarily agree with that. Thats all i wanna say. Thats it! To each is own please.

Last edited by prince85 : 31st July 2006 at 09:06.
Old 31st July 2006, 09:28   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy
A simple question and a small mention of the baleno takes the thread haywire ! Stick to the thread fellas - we have had plenty of debates on the Baleno-Accent-Ikon and mine is better than yours thingie. Lets not meander from the theme of this thread and help our friend get his dream car.

Please do not force the Support team into action.
MY apologies sir. Will keep that in mind from now on!

Thank you
Old 31st July 2006, 09:38   #51
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I have decided to wait for a couple of months till Verna is released. I am sure this would cause some stir in the auto market and might force re-posoitioning of certain models. That would be interesting for all prospective car buyers.

Thanks to all for actively participating in the discussion thread

Last edited by ms_rana : 31st July 2006 at 09:58.
Old 31st July 2006, 09:49   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_rana
Hi Guys,

I have decided to wait for a couple of months till Verna is released. I am sure this would cause some stir in the auto market and might force re-posoitioning of certain models.

Thanks to all for actively participating in the discussion thread
Makes a real lot sense my friend. Good Luck

Mods- I feel that the thread starter has made his decision to wait for the launch of another car. Therefore i feel that this thread should be closed.

Thanks

Last edited by prince85 : 31st July 2006 at 09:54.
Old 31st July 2006, 12:30   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_rana
Hi Guys, I have decided to wait for a couple of months till Verna is released. I am sure this would cause some stir in the auto market and might force re-posoitioning of certain models.
A good decision. Along with the Verna, you could also expect some nice diesel models - Fusion, Swift, Getz etc and maybe some other C-segment launches also.
Saw the WagonR advt today and it has dual airbags. So, looks like the manufacturers are concentrating on safety and the new models that are going to come in will have airbags, ABS etc, which would be good for you as safety is a prime factor for you.
Old 31st July 2006, 18:08   #54
BHPian

heheheheee, another thread coming to an end as the Thread starter has got confused to the hilt and decided to wait for a newer car and then start the "What car" fight again...just read the entire discussion and can't stop laughing...
It wd be a new arena then : Verna,Other exciting diesel models ? Stretching the budget ?
Old 31st July 2006, 18:28   #55
Senior - BHPian

ms_rana has decided to wait for the Verna. Since the decision is taken ,

This thread is closed.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks